PDA

View Full Version : Astana-Wurth and Vino

Simon Brooke
June 30th 06, 02:54 PM
It looks from the list as if Vino is the /only/ rider in the Astana Wurth
team entered for le Tour who is not implicated in Operacion Puerto.

Two things:

(1) Against a background of the exclusion of Ullrich, Basso, Mancebo et
al on the basis of their involvement, in natural justice should not
Vinkourov be allowed to ride on the basis of his (apparent)
non-involvement?

(2) If the CAS judgement is made to stand and Astana-Wurth team actually
race, how would we feel about an (allegedly not doped) Vinokourov helped
to a yellow jersey by a team of (allegedly doped) domestiques? If Vino
were to win le Tour under those circumstances, while Basso, Ullrich and
Mancebo are excluded, would that not be the most blatant injustice?

;; Usenet: like distance learning without the learning.

yeahyeah
June 30th 06, 03:11 PM
Simon Brooke wrote:
> It looks from the list as if Vino is the /only/ rider in the Astana Wurth
> team entered for le Tour who is not implicated in Operacion Puerto.
>
> Two things:
>
> (1) Against a background of the exclusion of Ullrich, Basso, Mancebo et
> al on the basis of their involvement, in natural justice should not
> Vinkourov be allowed to ride on the basis of his (apparent)
> non-involvement?
>
> (2) If the CAS judgement is made to stand and Astana-Wurth team actually
> race, how would we feel about an (allegedly not doped) Vinokourov helped
> to a yellow jersey by a team of (allegedly doped) domestiques? If Vino
> were to win le Tour under those circumstances, while Basso, Ullrich and
> Mancebo are excluded, would that not be the most blatant injustice?
>
> --
> (Simon Brooke) http://www.jasmine.org.uk/~simon/
>
> ;; Usenet: like distance learning without the learning.

The ASO already decided against allowing the team to race, however if
they did allow Vino in, this blog entry would be strangely prophetic:
http://www.bobkestrut.com/

Howard Kveck
July 1st 06, 06:44 AM
In article >,
Simon Brooke > wrote:

> It looks from the list as if Vino is the /only/ rider in the Astana Wurth
> team entered for le Tour who is not implicated in Operacion Puerto.
>
> Two things:
>
> (1) Against a background of the exclusion of Ullrich, Basso, Mancebo et
> al on the basis of their involvement, in natural justice should not
> Vinkourov be allowed to ride on the basis of his (apparent)
> non-involvement?
>
> (2) If the CAS judgement is made to stand and Astana-Wurth team actually
> race, how would we feel about an (allegedly not doped) Vinokourov helped
> to a yellow jersey by a team of (allegedly doped) domestiques? If Vino
> were to win le Tour under those circumstances, while Basso, Ullrich and
> Mancebo are excluded, would that not be the most blatant injustice?

Well, it wasn't quite the entire rest of the team who got the boot. Andrey
Kashechkin, Carlos Barredo and Luis Leon Sanchez didn't, but that group doesn't make
for much of a team.

--
tanx,
Howard