all these years with the rest of last year's top 4...WTF is next !

Preston Crawford
June 30th 06, 04:09 PM
On 2006-06-30, Keith > wrote:
> I started following the tour in 77/78 the day Pollentier got caught
> ****ing with a syringe...now this, Ullrich they guy I've rooted for
> all these years with the rest of last year's top 4...WTF is next !

Um, the apologists for doping claiming that the "real" problems is that
they do testing and investigations in the first place.

Oh, and then more name calling by Kunich and others of people like me
who wish to see the sport be clean. That's what's next.

Wait, you mean in racing? Who knows. But it's unfortunately looking
like it's a majority of riders, not just a few.

Preston

RonSonic
June 30th 06, 05:32 PM
On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 10:09:39 -0500, Preston Crawford >
wrote:

>On 2006-06-30, Keith > wrote:
>> I started following the tour in 77/78 the day Pollentier got caught
>> ****ing with a syringe...now this, Ullrich they guy I've rooted for
>> all these years with the rest of last year's top 4...WTF is next !
>
>Um, the apologists for doping claiming that the "real" problems is that
>they do testing and investigations in the first place.

Pack that strawman away. What is objectionable are tabloid driven, hysterical
witch hunting parties, using experimental tests, shady logic and a half-assed
"enforcement" that simply throws an occasional rider to the wolves rather than
attempt to clean up the entire peloton.

>Oh, and then more name calling by Kunich and others of people like me
>who wish to see the sport be clean. That's what's next.

The problem isn't that you want the sport to be clean, it is that Dick Pound is
an ineffectual grandstander and his biggest fans don't see that the recent
approach has been counter productive.

>Wait, you mean in racing? Who knows. But it's unfortunately looking
>like it's a majority of riders, not just a few.

Of course it's a majority of the riders. That's what the current system permits.
That's was fair racing demands. There are very few GC riders with the metabolism
to do what they do without drugs, and even they need to do things like focus on
only riding one tour a year and the other races used entirely for preparation.

Doping enforcement as practiced is about moral posturing, not about keeping the
riders clean.

Unfortunately, the moralists (like yourself) seem to consider any objection to
be a defense of doping or an attack on enforcement. Develop a fair system that
has a chance of working and I'm with it. Otherwise the fairest thing is for
everyone who wishes to continue to dope.

Ron

Frank Drackman
June 30th 06, 05:44 PM
"RonSonic" > wrote in message

> The problem isn't that you want the sport to be clean, it is that Dick
> Pound is
> an ineffectual grandstander and his biggest fans don't see that the recent
> approach has been counter productive.

Dick Pound and WADA had nothing to do with this.

Jonathan v.d. Sluis
June 30th 06, 06:21 PM
RonSonic > wrote in
:

> On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 10:09:39 -0500, Preston Crawford
> > wrote:
>
>>On 2006-06-30, Keith > wrote:
>>> I started following the tour in 77/78 the day Pollentier got caught
>>> ****ing with a syringe...now this, Ullrich they guy I've rooted for
>>> all these years with the rest of last year's top 4...WTF is next !
>>
>>Um, the apologists for doping claiming that the "real" problems is
>>that they do testing and investigations in the first place.
>
> Pack that strawman away. What is objectionable are tabloid driven,
> hysterical witch hunting parties, using experimental tests, shady
> logic and a half-assed "enforcement" that simply throws an occasional
> rider to the wolves rather than attempt to clean up the entire
> peloton.

Some perfectly reliable tests are called 'unreliable' by those who have
been caught by such tests. Sometimes, they are able to shout this so loud
and can count on so much support that this call is repeated by many. Such a
choir does not make the original test unreliable, however.

gf
June 30th 06, 09:10 PM
the worst, and I feel liberated.... the lies are all over, and there
is nowhere to hide.. ,and the sport can have a new beginning.

ullrich looks the worst out of all this, as he lied to his team right
up to the end.

Davey Crockett
June 30th 06, 09:26 PM
On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 16:10:01 -0400, gf > a écrit :

>the worst, and I feel liberated.... the lies are all over, and there
>is nowhere to hide.. ,and the sport can have a new beginning.

Horse****

Donald Munro
June 30th 06, 09:31 PM
gf wrote

Davey Crockett wrote:
> Horse****

More like elephant****.

PS what does whale**** look like ?

Donald Munro
June 30th 06, 09:33 PM

Curtis L. Russell wrote:
> Oh, were there some that only lied on occasion? I can see it now - the
> rbr winter activity this year will be rating the relative liars.

Not to mention the virtual liars.

Curtis L. Russell
June 30th 06, 09:36 PM
On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 16:10:01 -0400, gf > wrote:

>ullrich looks the worst out of all this, as he lied to his team right
>up to the end.

Oh, were there some that only lied on occasion? I can see it now - the
rbr winter activity this year will be rating the relative liars.
Christ, we'll be pulling in political thread drift 'til spring.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

Curtis L. Russell
June 30th 06, 09:51 PM
On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 22:26:52 +0200, Davey Crockett
> wrote:

>On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 16:10:01 -0400, gf > a écrit :
>
>>the worst, and I feel liberated.... the lies are all over, and there
>>is nowhere to hide.. ,and the sport can have a new beginning.
>
>Horse****

Somehow I figured you to be the last one to see the rising sun and the
bluebirds singing.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

Davey Crockett
June 30th 06, 10:01 PM
On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 16:51:25 -0400, Curtis L. Russell
> a écrit :

>On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 22:26:52 +0200, Davey Crockett
> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 16:10:01 -0400, gf > a écrit :
>>
>>>the worst, and I feel liberated.... the lies are all over, and there
>>>is nowhere to hide.. ,and the sport can have a new beginning.
>>
>>Horse****
>
>Somehow I figured you to be the last one to see the rising sun and the
>bluebirds singing.

Like the man said, "The Opera ain't over 'till the Fat Lady sings"

And the Fat Lady isn't even in the Theatre yet.................

William Asher
June 30th 06, 10:10 PM
Donald Munro wrote:

> gf wrote
>>>the worst, and I feel liberated.... the lies are all over, and there
>>>is nowhere to hide.. ,and the sport can have a new beginning.
>
> Davey Crockett wrote:
>> Horse****
>
> More like elephant****.
>
> PS what does whale**** look like ?

http://tiny.pl/t534

There are dogs that can detect whale**** by scent at a distance of several
miles. The utility of that ability is that the health of pods of whales
can now be determined by using the dogs to find the **** and then analyzing
the ****. Except that whale**** is not all that bouyant and you have to
have a fast boat to get to the **** before it sinks. Can you believe that
****?

http://tiny.pl/t53k

--
Bill Asher

Donald Munro
June 30th 06, 11:09 PM
William Asher wrote:
> http://tiny.pl/t534
>
> There are dogs that can detect whale**** by scent at a distance of several
> miles. The utility of that ability is that the health of pods of whales
> can now be determined by using the dogs to find the **** and then analyzing
> the ****. Except that whale**** is not all that bouyant and you have to
> have a fast boat to get to the **** before it sinks. Can you believe that
> ****?