PDA

View Full Version : So it's the clown era again?

Manco
June 30th 06, 04:34 PM
As soon as Lance retires all the main contenders are found out to be dopers.
Then again maybe Lance was doping and knew the gig was up.

Snippy Bobkins
June 30th 06, 05:30 PM
"Manco" > wrote in message
> As soon as Lance retires all the main contenders are found out to be
> dopers. Then again maybe Lance was doping and knew the gig was up.

There was an invisible bubble of purity surrounding the TdF during the LANCE
era. That era is over.

--
Snippy

William Asher
June 30th 06, 05:35 PM
Manco wrote:

> As soon as Lance retires all the main contenders are found out to be
> dopers. Then again maybe Lance was doping and knew the gig was up.

But how did Armstrong know the gig was up? Does anyone else see anything
fishy about how immediately after he retires this happens (not to mention
the Festina affair was the year before he started winning)? Who do you
think really knew where all the skeletons were buried in closets?
Armstrong trained in Spain, I think, maybe he didn't, I don't really care,
it makes a better story if I believe he did, so he had ample opportunity to
send a letter here and there, nudge a local gendarme, or whatever the hell
they call cops in Spain (gendarmos? poliziarojas?). It is also quite
telling this happens after the Giro but before the Tour and after the
Vuelta from last year but before this year's. If that isn't part of the
larger pattern, then I haven't gotten into some moldy peanut butter.
Again.

But of course all that speculation about Armstrong blowing out the dopers
as a final "Texas-style-finger-in-the-air-hat-waving-whooping salute" to
the French is just that, speculation. It deflects from who really
benefits. Stop focussing on virtual wins from past Tours and Giros. Both
Ullrich and Basso now can claim a virtual Tour win from this year (in
Basso's case, a split actual-virtual double, or maybe a actual-virtual-
virtual if he claims he was planning on riding the Vuelta (or even the
unprecedented triple virtual if he gets stripped of the Giro)). Those
virtual wins are going to look great on their resumes.

--
Bill Asher

Curtis L. Russell
June 30th 06, 06:27 PM
On 30 Jun 2006 16:35:05 GMT, William Asher > wrote:

>But of course all that speculation about Armstrong blowing out the dopers
>as a final "Texas-style-finger-in-the-air-hat-waving-whooping salute" to
>the French is just that, speculation. It deflects from who really
>benefits. Stop focussing on virtual wins from past Tours and Giros. Both
>Ullrich and Basso now can claim a virtual Tour win from this year (in
>Basso's case, a split actual-virtual double, or maybe a actual-virtual-
>virtual if he claims he was planning on riding the Vuelta (or even the
>unprecedented triple virtual if he gets stripped of the Giro)). Those
>virtual wins are going to look great on their resumes.

Is there a reason you are leaving out the WCs? There is simply no
reason not to go for a triple virtual.

I think Ullrich can easily claim the triple virtual.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

Sandy
June 30th 06, 06:48 PM
Snippy Bobkins a écrit :
> "Manco" > wrote in message
>
>> As soon as Lance retires all the main contenders are found out to be
>> dopers. Then again maybe Lance was doping and knew the gig was up.
>>

> There was an invisible bubble of purity surrounding the TdF during the LANCE
> era. That era is over.

Germany over Argentina in penalty shots.
There is more out there than a retired texan.

J Jones
June 30th 06, 06:53 PM
"William Asher" > wrote in message
> Manco wrote:
>
>> As soon as Lance retires all the main contenders are found out to be
>> dopers. Then again maybe Lance was doping and knew the gig was up.
>
> But how did Armstrong know the gig was up? Does anyone else see anything
> fishy about how immediately after he retires this happens (not to mention
> the Festina affair was the year before he started winning)?
I don't see anything fishy about it - the people who KNEW they couldn't beat
Lance are now willing to do ANYTHING to take over as 'the boss'. To me,
it's just that simple. Were they doping during Lance's reign? Probably.
Was Lance doping? Possibly, but I choose to believe that he wasn't based on
all of read and seen of him.

Now, it's wide open, and guys will do anything to assume the throne.
Jeff

> Who do you
> think really knew where all the skeletons were buried in closets?
> Armstrong trained in Spain, I think, maybe he didn't, I don't really care,
> it makes a better story if I believe he did, so he had ample opportunity
> send a letter here and there, nudge a local gendarme, or whatever the hell
> they call cops in Spain (gendarmos? poliziarojas?). It is also quite
> telling this happens after the Giro but before the Tour and after the
> Vuelta from last year but before this year's. If that isn't part of the
> larger pattern, then I haven't gotten into some moldy peanut butter.
> Again.
>
> But of course all that speculation about Armstrong blowing out the dopers
> as a final "Texas-style-finger-in-the-air-hat-waving-whooping salute" to
> the French is just that, speculation. It deflects from who really
> benefits. Stop focussing on virtual wins from past Tours and Giros. Both
> Ullrich and Basso now can claim a virtual Tour win from this year (in
> Basso's case, a split actual-virtual double, or maybe a actual-virtual-
> virtual if he claims he was planning on riding the Vuelta (or even the
> unprecedented triple virtual if he gets stripped of the Giro)). Those
> virtual wins are going to look great on their resumes.
>
> --
> Bill Asher

Dan Gregory
June 30th 06, 06:54 PM
Sandy wrote:
> Snippy Bobkins a écrit :
>
>> "Manco" > wrote in message
>>

>>> As soon as Lance retires all the main contenders are found out to be
>>> dopers. Then again maybe Lance was doping and knew the gig was up.
>>>

>> There was an invisible bubble of purity surrounding the TdF during the
>> LANCE era. That era is over.
>>

> Germany over Argentina in penalty shots.
> There is more out there than a retired texan.

Like the names of all those soccer players seen enetring the building
during "Operacion Puerto". Oh but that would spoil the World Cup again
wouldn't it.
Viz 1998 when the French police took their revenge on the Tour because
they were stopped from busting the Creatine toting footy players.
It is bad for cycling buit WHY is it the only sport getting clobbered?

William Asher
June 30th 06, 07:02 PM
Curtis L. Russell wrote:

> On 30 Jun 2006 16:35:05 GMT, William Asher > wrote:
>
>>But of course all that speculation about Armstrong blowing out the
>>dopers as a final "Texas-style-finger-in-the-air-hat-waving-whooping
>>salute" to the French is just that, speculation. It deflects from who
>>really benefits. Stop focussing on virtual wins from past Tours and
>>Giros. Both Ullrich and Basso now can claim a virtual Tour win from
>>this year (in Basso's case, a split actual-virtual double, or maybe a
>>actual-virtual- virtual if he claims he was planning on riding the
>>Vuelta (or even the unprecedented triple virtual if he gets stripped
>>of the Giro)). Those virtual wins are going to look great on their
>>resumes.
>
> Is there a reason you are leaving out the WCs? There is simply no
> reason not to go for a triple virtual.
>
> I think Ullrich can easily claim the triple virtual.
>
> Curtis L. Russell
> Odenton, MD (USA)
> Just someone on two wheels...

I am assuming Hincapie and Boonen will be DQ'd by then and they will claim
the WC virtual. The GC guys never ride the worlds anymore unless they have
something to prove, which this year they don't since they already won their
virtual grand tours (although we still have to see who would have been the
favorite for the Vuelta and gets that virtual). Boonen stands the most to
gain by getting DQ'd since he can claim a virtual double-double of winning
P-R and WC in the same year two years in a row, except he didn't win P-R
this year but can claim he might have if he hadn't ridden so hard the week
before. I am a little unclear about how you do the virtual win assignment
so I may have that a bit mixed up. Also, keep in mind that if Boonen gets
a 2-yr suspension he can then get a four-year virtual double, which I don't
think has been done before, or since, so that is a huge incentive for him.

In a lot of ways, this is sort of like watching one of those over-the-top-
rope battle royales in pro-wrestling with guys flying out of the ring left
and right, except the winner won't get to meet the current champion in a
strap-on cage match during Wrestlemania XXLXIXLXIBFD, the guys involved are
a lot smaller, and the nicknames are things like "Paco" instead of
"Superfly."

--
Bill Asher

William Asher
June 30th 06, 07:52 PM

<snip>

http://tiny.pl/t5b9

--
Bill Asher

Curtis L. Russell
June 30th 06, 07:52 PM
On 30 Jun 2006 18:02:36 GMT, William Asher > wrote:

>I am assuming Hincapie and Boonen will be DQ'd by then and they will claim
>the WC virtual. The GC guys never ride the worlds anymore unless they have
>something to prove, which this year they don't since they already won their
>virtual grand tours (although we still have to see who would have been the
>favorite for the Vuelta and gets that virtual). Boonen stands the most to
>gain by getting DQ'd since he can claim a virtual double-double of winning
>P-R and WC in the same year two years in a row, except he didn't win P-R
>this year but can claim he might have if he hadn't ridden so hard the week
>before. I am a little unclear about how you do the virtual win assignment
>so I may have that a bit mixed up. Also, keep in mind that if Boonen gets
>a 2-yr suspension he can then get a four-year virtual double, which I don't
>think has been done before, or since, so that is a huge incentive for him.
>
>In a lot of ways, this is sort of like watching one of those over-the-top-
>rope battle royales in pro-wrestling with guys flying out of the ring left
>and right, except the winner won't get to meet the current champion in a
>strap-on cage match during Wrestlemania XXLXIXLXIBFD, the guys involved are
>a lot smaller, and the nicknames are things like "Paco" instead of
>"Superfly."

There was a time when the above would have confused me while sober,
but I'm much better now.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

Donald Munro
June 30th 06, 08:56 PM
William Asher wrote:
> I am assuming Hincapie and Boonen will be DQ'd by then and they will claim
> the WC virtual. The GC guys never ride the worlds anymore unless they have
> something to prove, which this year they don't since they already won their
> virtual grand tours (although we still have to see who would have been the
> favorite for the Vuelta and gets that virtual). Boonen stands the most to
> gain by getting DQ'd since he can claim a virtual double-double of winning
> P-R and WC in the same year two years in a row, except he didn't win P-R
> this year but can claim he might have if he hadn't ridden so hard the week
> before. I am a little unclear about how you do the virtual win assignment
> so I may have that a bit mixed up. Also, keep in mind that if Boonen gets
> a 2-yr suspension he can then get a four-year virtual double, which I don't
> think has been done before, or since, so that is a huge incentive for him.

I think we need to upgrade our virtual win scoring computer. Perhaps one
of those clustered super-computers might do the job, particularly with all
the new candidates arising from events of the last few days.

Donald Munro
June 30th 06, 08:57 PM
Dan Gregory wrote:
> Viz 1998 when the French police took their revenge on the Tour because
> they were stopped from busting the Creatine toting footy players.
> It is bad for cycling buit WHY is it the only sport getting clobbered?

Since when is creatine banned ?

routebear
June 30th 06, 10:41 PM
"Manco" > wrote in message
> As soon as Lance retires all the main contenders are found out to be
dopers.
> Then again maybe Lance was doping and knew the gig was up.

It makes more sense to say that there was too much time and too many
resources spent on Lance, thereby allowing wide spread doping like this to
go on for so long. Whatever the case, it is amazing. And Lafferty still
doesn't have his man! How about that.

Dan Gregory
June 30th 06, 11:19 PM
Donald Munro wrote:
> Dan Gregory wrote:
>
>>Viz 1998 when the French police took their revenge on the Tour because
>>they were stopped from busting the Creatine toting footy players.
>>It is bad for cycling buit WHY is it the only sport getting clobbered?
>

> Since when is creatine banned ?

Has been (or perhaps was) in France for a long time...

Dan Gregory
June 30th 06, 11:21 PM
Dan Gregory wrote:
> Donald Munro wrote:
>
>> Dan Gregory wrote:
>>
>>> Viz 1998 when the French police took their revenge on the Tour
>>> because they were stopped from busting the Creatine toting footy
>>> players.
>>> It is bad for cycling buit WHY is it the only sport getting clobbered?
>>

>> Since when is creatine banned ?
>>
> Has been (or perhaps was) in France for a long time...

see
http://www.gymaddiction.com/creatine.html

Tim Lines
June 30th 06, 11:39 PM
William Asher wrote:
> Manco wrote:
>
> > As soon as Lance retires all the main contenders are found out to be
> > dopers. Then again maybe Lance was doping and knew the gig was up.
>
> But how did Armstrong know the gig was up? Does anyone else see anything
> fishy about how immediately after he retires this happens (not to mention
> the Festina affair was the year before he started winning)? Who do you
> think really knew where all the skeletons were buried in closets?
> Armstrong trained in Spain, I think, maybe he didn't, I don't really care,
> it makes a better story if I believe he did, so he had ample opportunity to
> send a letter here and there, nudge a local gendarme, or whatever the hell
> they call cops in Spain (gendarmos? poliziarojas?). It is also quite
> telling this happens after the Giro but before the Tour and after the
> Vuelta from last year but before this year's. If that isn't part of the
> larger pattern, then I haven't gotten into some moldy peanut butter.
> Again.
>
> But of course all that speculation about Armstrong blowing out the dopers
> as a final "Texas-style-finger-in-the-air-hat-waving-whooping salute" to
> the French is just that, speculation. It deflects from who really
> benefits. Stop focussing on virtual wins from past Tours and Giros. Both
> Ullrich and Basso now can claim a virtual Tour win from this year (in
> Basso's case, a split actual-virtual double, or maybe a actual-virtual-
> virtual if he claims he was planning on riding the Vuelta (or even the
> unprecedented triple virtual if he gets stripped of the Giro)). Those
> virtual wins are going to look great on their resumes.

You're close, but it doesn't quite hold water. In order to find the
TRUE conspiracy all you have to do is "follow the money". Find out who
benefits and it all becomes clear.

Notice how none of Johann Bruyneel's boys were caught? Do you think
maybe this increases his chances of an 8th consecutive win? You don't
believe those other wins happened just by accident, do you? Follow the
trail, but be careful not to flatten your forehead when you smack it:

Johann Bryneel --> Discovery Channel
Discovery Channel --> USPS
USPS --> US Government
US Government --> Dick Cheney
Dick Cheney --> CIA or NSA, possibly both.

How many of those guys at Guantanamo Bay do you suppose they're letting
ride bicycles? What do you suppose Big Oil thinks of all the millions
spent on shiny new Colnagos (by Kunich alone!) that could have been
spent on good 'ol American gasoline instead?

None of this would have happened if the Warren Commission cover-up had
failed.

William Asher
June 30th 06, 11:55 PM
Tim Lines wrote:

> You're close, but it doesn't quite hold water. In order to find the
> TRUE conspiracy all you have to do is "follow the money". Find out
> who benefits and it all becomes clear.
>
> Notice how none of Johann Bruyneel's boys were caught? Do you think
> maybe this increases his chances of an 8th consecutive win? You don't
> believe those other wins happened just by accident, do you? Follow
> the trail, but be careful not to flatten your forehead when you smack
> it:
>
> Johann Bryneel --> Discovery Channel
> Discovery Channel --> USPS
> USPS --> US Government
> US Government --> Dick Cheney
> Dick Cheney --> CIA or NSA, possibly both.
>
> How many of those guys at Guantanamo Bay do you suppose they're
> letting ride bicycles? What do you suppose Big Oil thinks of all the
> millions spent on shiny new Colnagos (by Kunich alone!) that could
> have been spent on good 'ol American gasoline instead?
>
> None of this would have happened if the Warren Commission cover-up had
> failed.

Ok, I see your point, but there are two problems with your logic. First
off, Kunich buys all his bicycles used, off of failed masters, and are
likely infested with all sorts of digital hi-tech monitoring equipment
to track Tom no matter where he goes. Why they want to do this should be
obvious and too dangerous to mention explicitly, but the people putting
those bugs up Kunich's ass (almost literally if his seat breaks like mine
did on my ride home the other day) are doing so at the behest of big oil so
I think it is unlikely they are derailing the Tour to boost gasoline
consumption. Secondly, how do you know the Warren Commission wasn't
successful not in that they didn't find anything there weren't supposed to,
but that they didn't even find the things there were supposed to that would
make the cover-up complete, which is why we are left with these lingering
questions, cross-posts to alt.kennedy.assasination.cover-up.jitbags, and so
on and so forth.

However, the one thing in your favor, way way in your favor, is the fact
that Bush crashed into that "bobby" in Scotland. What better way to pass
secret microfilm documents, reprogram Bush's microchip, and generally
deflect suspicion than a fake bicycle crash? Cyclist's crash all the time,
unhelmeted cyclists crash all the time and need their microchips
reprogrammed. We need to figure out what the real motive is in Unocal's
wanting to discredit the Tour, then we can find the truth.

There's more to this but it's been a long day and I'm still giddy from all
the fumes from the whale****. I'm off to my safe house or happy place.

--
Bill Asher

Tim Lines
July 1st 06, 12:17 AM
William Asher wrote:
> Tim Lines wrote:
>

> > You're close, but it doesn't quite hold water. In order to find the
> > TRUE conspiracy all you have to do is "follow the money". Find out
> > who benefits and it all becomes clear.
> >
> > Notice how none of Johann Bruyneel's boys were caught? Do you think
> > maybe this increases his chances of an 8th consecutive win? You don't
> > believe those other wins happened just by accident, do you? Follow
> > the trail, but be careful not to flatten your forehead when you smack
> > it:
> >
> > Johann Bryneel --> Discovery Channel
> > Discovery Channel --> USPS
> > USPS --> US Government
> > US Government --> Dick Cheney
> > Dick Cheney --> CIA or NSA, possibly both.
> >
> > How many of those guys at Guantanamo Bay do you suppose they're
> > letting ride bicycles? What do you suppose Big Oil thinks of all the
> > millions spent on shiny new Colnagos (by Kunich alone!) that could
> > have been spent on good 'ol American gasoline instead?
> >
> > None of this would have happened if the Warren Commission cover-up had
> > failed.
> >

> Ok, I see your point, but there are two problems with your logic. First
> off, Kunich buys all his bicycles used, off of failed masters, and are
> likely infested with all sorts of digital hi-tech monitoring equipment
> to track Tom no matter where he goes. Why they want to do this should be
> obvious and too dangerous to mention explicitly, but the people putting
> those bugs up Kunich's ass (almost literally if his seat breaks like mine
> did on my ride home the other day) are doing so at the behest of big oil so
> I think it is unlikely they are derailing the Tour to boost gasoline
> consumption. Secondly, how do you know the Warren Commission wasn't
> successful not in that they didn't find anything there weren't supposed to,
> but that they didn't even find the things there were supposed to that would
> make the cover-up complete, which is why we are left with these lingering
> questions, cross-posts to alt.kennedy.assasination.cover-up.jitbags, and so
> on and so forth.
>
> However, the one thing in your favor, way way in your favor, is the fact
> that Bush crashed into that "bobby" in Scotland. What better way to pass
> secret microfilm documents, reprogram Bush's microchip, and generally
> deflect suspicion than a fake bicycle crash? Cyclist's crash all the time,
> unhelmeted cyclists crash all the time and need their microchips
> reprogrammed. We need to figure out what the real motive is in Unocal's
> wanting to discredit the Tour, then we can find the truth.
>
> There's more to this but it's been a long day and I'm still giddy from all
> the fumes from the whale****. I'm off to my safe house or happy place.
>
> --
> Bill Asher

http://tinyurl.com/pn6kv

routebear
July 1st 06, 12:19 AM
> ..., nudge a local gendarme, or whatever the hell
> they call cops in Spain (gendarmos? poliziarojas?)

I think it's "El Poleeso"

William Asher
July 1st 06, 05:33 AM
"Tim Lines" > wrote in
oups.com:

> http://tinyurl.com/pn6kv

You know, I'm not complaining, but normally I get this:

http://tinyurl.com/dvjnh

--
Bill Asher

Donald Munro
July 1st 06, 09:16 AM
Dan Gregory wrote:
>> Has been (or perhaps was) in France for a long time...
> http://www.gymaddiction.com/creatine.html

The french are weird. Why don't they ban cigarettes then which are far
more carcinogenic than creatine.

Dan Gregory
July 1st 06, 09:54 AM
routebear wrote:
>>..., nudge a local gendarme, or whatever the hell
>>they call cops in Spain (gendarmos? poliziarojas?)
>

> I think it's "El Poleeso"

La poli(cia)

Diablo Scott
July 1st 06, 02:57 PM
Dan Gregory wrote:
> routebear wrote:
>
>>> ..., nudge a local gendarme, or whatever the hell
>>> they call cops in Spain (gendarmos? poliziarojas?)
>>

>> I think it's "El Poleeso"
>>

> La poli(cia)

Also interstingly, GC for Guardia Civil

routebear
July 1st 06, 03:28 PM
"Dan Gregory" > wrote in message
> routebear wrote:
> >>..., nudge a local gendarme, or whatever the hell
> >>they call cops in Spain (gendarmos? poliziarojas?)
> >

> > I think it's "El Poleeso"
> >

> La poli(cia)

That's odd. "Excuse-o me-o, where-o eeso el poleeso stationo?", has always
worked.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home