PDA

View Full Version : Yellow is for courage

kleutervreter
June 30th 06, 07:44 PM
Tony S. wrote:
> My point is you can't stop it, and because of
> that the system is random and unfair.

This is similar to a bout of flu wiping out a random selection the GC
contenders before every TdF. This will quickly dilute the prestige of
winning.

At first, I felt the same way. But getting caught is not like getting
flu.
It's not random luck that Floyd Landis is still riding. He has better
logistics!

So there is still great prestige in getting yellow. It not only means
you are an exceptional athlete and have great team support, it also
means you survived in an extremely hostile environment of deadly
obstacles.

The worst thing about this is that the great herd of sponge brained
cattle are linking job-related drug use to character.

PS: LANCE is the ultimate alpha male piranha, I say!

Donald Munro
June 30th 06, 09:10 PM
kleutervreter wrote:

> So there is still great prestige in getting yellow. It not only means
> you are an exceptional athlete and have great team support, it also
> means you survived in an extremely hostile environment of deadly
> obstacles.

Evolution has application in many areas.

Donald Munro
June 30th 06, 09:35 PM

Curtis L. Russell wrote:
> Every wayward death isn't necessarily evolution. Sometimes its just
> the end result of stupidity. I'm torn between the Dodo being the
> inevitable result of evolution or just a bunch of stupid birds.

I hope you're not saying that blondes are the result of intelligent design.

Curtis L. Russell
June 30th 06, 09:39 PM
On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 22:10:09 +0200, Donald Munro
> wrote:

>Evolution has application in many areas.

Every wayward death isn't necessarily evolution. Sometimes its just
the end result of stupidity. I'm torn between the Dodo being the
inevitable result of evolution or just a bunch of stupid birds.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

Bob Martin
July 1st 06, 08:45 AM
in 510443 20060630 213951 Curtis L. Russell > wrote:
>On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 22:10:09 +0200, Donald Munro
> wrote:
>

>>Evolution has application in many areas.
>
>Every wayward death isn't necessarily evolution. Sometimes its just
>the end result of stupidity. I'm torn between the Dodo being the
>inevitable result of evolution or just a bunch of stupid birds.

Neither. Just human greed and ignorance.

Curtis L. Russell
July 1st 06, 09:21 PM
On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 22:35:04 +0200, Donald Munro
> wrote:

>I hope you're not saying that blondes are the result of intelligent design.

I could only render an opinion if I had a good idea what the original
intent was, before it all went so wrong.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

Google