PDA

View Full Version : Can't Give Back What They've Stolen

B. Lafferty
July 1st 06, 12:29 PM
"It's only a pity that all of those who have cheated in the past can't give
back what they've stolen."
Jean-Rene Bernaudeau
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060701/sp_wl_afp/cyclingfratourdoping_060701111953;_ylt=AqfTPGMNNBk 25.SgxnLB_TvFOrgF;_ylu=X3oDMTA5aHJvMDdwBHNlYwN5bmN hdA--

Tuschinski
July 1st 06, 12:34 PM
B. Lafferty wrote:
> "It's only a pity that all of those who have cheated in the past can't give
> back what they've stolen."

They have never been caught, so I assume that chances of Victories
being nullified are zero.

And I don't think that the top contenders not implied are innocent. The
point of the current case shouldn't be looking at the past, but just
the destruction of the rotten structure in the teams and UCI.

B. Lafferty
July 1st 06, 01:01 PM
"Tuschinski" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> B. Lafferty wrote:
>> "It's only a pity that all of those who have cheated in the past can't
>> give
>> back what they've stolen."
>
> They have never been caught, so I assume that chances of Victories
> being nullified are zero.

Which open up the issue of retroactive testing which J-R B hasn't addressed.

> And I don't think that the top contenders not implied are innocent. The
> point of the current case shouldn't be looking at the past, but just
> the destruction of the rotten structure in the teams and UCI.

I agree with you and Davey that this absolutely does not mean that this
year's Tour will be clean. What may come of this is greater cooperation
between WADA, national governing bodies and police in various countries.
Only with police powers is there hope that doping will be markedly and
consistantly reduced. It will never be totally eliminated.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home