PDA

View Full Version : July Morons

Bill C
July 1st 06, 08:02 PM
This year is going to be even uglier than ever. They're kinda like the
morons who pay $55 for "Red Sox Nation" ID cards, but don't know
anything about Bill Buckner except the video clip of the ball going
through his legs.
Gonna be a loooonnnggg month.
Bill C

OMC
July 1st 06, 10:18 PM
Bill C wrote:
> This year is going to be even uglier than ever. They're kinda like the
> morons who pay $55 for "Red Sox Nation" ID cards, but don't know
> anything about Bill Buckner except the video clip of the ball going
> through his legs.
> Gonna be a loooonnnggg month.
> Bill C

That explains where all the Fred's dissapeared to on this morning's
ride.......
Their at home on RBR trying to think of something to comment about the
TDF and doping. Based on their vast knowledge from Bicycling magazine
and Recumbent Monthly I'm sure they have the all the answers.
Thanks to them for staying off my roads this morning !
They will be back to studing their gear charts, cleaning their helmet
mirrors and screwing with their $ 600.00 GPS Garmin bike computers in
August.
I'm tired of the the f****** whiners and dicks that don't want us to
watch the TDF because of the doping scandal. Then DON'T
WATCH.........AND DON'T POST YOUR DRIBBLE.
It's still the Tour and I'm going to enjoy it........it's going to be
wide open and might actually be fun to watch.
If Ullrich and Basso's pets are taking EPO.... then wouldn't the Tour
be any better with them in it ?
F*** Them......Let the Tour go on without them......

"OMC"

Fred Free Zone

B. Lafferty
July 1st 06, 10:42 PM
"OMC" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Bill C wrote:
>> This year is going to be even uglier than ever. They're kinda like the
>> morons who pay $55 for "Red Sox Nation" ID cards, but don't know
>> anything about Bill Buckner except the video clip of the ball going
>> through his legs.
>> Gonna be a loooonnnggg month.
>> Bill C
>

> That explains where all the Fred's dissapeared to on this morning's
> ride.......
> Their at home on RBR trying to think of something to comment about the
> TDF and doping. Based on their vast knowledge from Bicycling magazine
> and Recumbent Monthly I'm sure they have the all the answers.
> Thanks to them for staying off my roads this morning !
> They will be back to studing their gear charts, cleaning their helmet
> mirrors and screwing with their $ 600.00 GPS Garmin bike computers in
> August.
> I'm tired of the the f****** whiners and dicks that don't want us to
> watch the TDF because of the doping scandal. Then DON'T
> WATCH.........AND DON'T POST YOUR DRIBBLE.
> It's still the Tour and I'm going to enjoy it........it's going to be
> wide open and might actually be fun to watch.
> If Ullrich and Basso's pets are taking EPO.... then wouldn't the Tour
> be any better with them in it ?
> F*** Them......Let the Tour go on without them......
>
> "OMC"
>
> Fred Free Zone

It's going to be mighty interesting. I expect more attacking and panache
this year than in a long time. My understanding is that Hinault has been
giving panache lectures to the French teams. Sandy Casar is The Man. ;-)

OMC
July 1st 06, 11:15 PM
B. Lafferty wrote:
> "OMC" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> >
> > Bill C wrote:
> >> This year is going to be even uglier than ever. They're kinda like the
> >> morons who pay $55 for "Red Sox Nation" ID cards, but don't know
> >> anything about Bill Buckner except the video clip of the ball going
> >> through his legs.
> >> Gonna be a loooonnnggg month.
> >> Bill C
> >

> > That explains where all the Fred's dissapeared to on this morning's
> > ride.......
> > Their at home on RBR trying to think of something to comment about the
> > TDF and doping. Based on their vast knowledge from Bicycling magazine
> > and Recumbent Monthly I'm sure they have the all the answers.
> > Thanks to them for staying off my roads this morning !
> > They will be back to studing their gear charts, cleaning their helmet
> > mirrors and screwing with their $ 600.00 GPS Garmin bike computers in
> > August.
> > I'm tired of the the f****** whiners and dicks that don't want us to
> > watch the TDF because of the doping scandal. Then DON'T
> > WATCH.........AND DON'T POST YOUR DRIBBLE.
> > It's still the Tour and I'm going to enjoy it........it's going to be
> > wide open and might actually be fun to watch.
> > If Ullrich and Basso's pets are taking EPO.... then wouldn't the Tour
> > be any better with them in it ?
> > F*** Them......Let the Tour go on without them......
> >
> > "OMC"
> >
> > Fred Free Zone
> >
> It's going to be mighty interesting. I expect more attacking and panache
> this year than in a long time. My understanding is that Hinault has been
> giving panache lectures to the French teams. Sandy Casar is The Man. ;-)

Damn isn't that the way it suppose to be.........competitive and more
than one contender.
How would you like to watch a Tour year after year with the same
results.....
because someone was always going to win.......because he never tested
postive........

OMC

Bill C
July 1st 06, 11:47 PM
B. Lafferty wrote:

> It's going to be mighty interesting. I expect more attacking and panache
> this year than in a long time. My understanding is that Hinault has been
> giving panache lectures to the French teams. Sandy Casar is The Man. ;-)

Someone has been feeding panache to the football team too! Major
upset, and I'm loving it! Maybe Hinault mde a side trip to Frankfurt
for a pep talk.
This is killing me since I've been in a bunch of the stadiums for
games with 1FCK.
Gaaahh. Germany - France for a final and the cleanest Tour in ages.
Life is good, let the chips fall where they will!
Bill C

Brian Phillips
July 2nd 06, 12:00 AM
What are "Red Sox Nation ID cards" and who the hell is Bill Buckner? Hmmm...
must be some sort of stick-and-ball sport reference. Al Trautwig, is that
you???

"Bill C" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> This year is going to be even uglier than ever. They're kinda like the
> morons who pay $55 for "Red Sox Nation" ID cards, but don't know
> anything about Bill Buckner except the video clip of the ball going
> through his legs.
> Gonna be a loooonnnggg month.
> Bill C

jerry in vermont
July 2nd 06, 12:42 AM
Bill C wrote:
> B. Lafferty wrote:
> > >
> > It's going to be mighty interesting. I expect more attacking and panache
> > this year than in a long time. My understanding is that Hinault has been
> > giving panache lectures to the French teams. Sandy Casar is The Man. ;-)
>
> Someone has been feeding panache to the football team too! Major
> upset, and I'm loving it! Maybe Hinault mde a side trip to Frankfurt
> for a pep talk.
> This is killing me since I've been in a bunch of the stadiums for
> games with 1FCK.
> Gaaahh. Germany - France for a final and the cleanest Tour in ages.
> Life is good, let the chips fall where they will!
> Bill C

COLOGNE,COLOGNE....COLOGNE, COLOGNE!!!

KAMPFEN FC KAMPFEN!!

ahh, but back to the second league they go again...

Bill C
July 2nd 06, 01:13 AM
jerry in vermont wrote:
> COLOGNE,COLOGNE....COLOGNE, COLOGNE!!!
>
> KAMPFEN FC KAMPFEN!!
>
> ahh, but back to the second league they go again...

You can go back up right behind us, 'cause we are going to run away
with it. Not even going to be close.
FCK...FCK...
Bill C

Frank Drackman
July 2nd 06, 01:34 AM
"Bill C" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> This year is going to be even uglier than ever. They're kinda like the
> morons who pay $55 for "Red Sox Nation" ID cards, but don't know
> anything about Bill Buckner except the video clip of the ball going
> through his legs.
> Gonna be a loooonnnggg month.
> Bill C

They haven't even shown up yet but you are already complaining. Get a life.

Ludmila Borgschatz-Thudpucker, MD
July 2nd 06, 03:07 AM
"Frank Drackman" > wrote in message
. ..

>> Gonna be a loooonnnggg month.
>
> They haven't even shown up yet but you are already complaining. Get a
> life.

No, we're here. Just biding our time, reading the last few pages of
Recumbent Monthly, and laughing at ol' Bill who is wondering why nobody
takes him seriously.

RJG
July 2nd 06, 03:52 AM
"Bill C" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> This year is going to be even uglier than ever. They're kinda like the
> morons who pay $55 for "Red Sox Nation" ID cards, but don't know
> anything about Bill Buckner except the video clip of the ball going
> through his legs.
> Gonna be a loooonnnggg month.
> Bill C

Yeah, it's so much better when you have the same 10 or 12 guys calling each
other "dumbasses" the other 11 months ;-)

Michael Press
July 2nd 06, 08:59 AM
In article
. com>,
"Bill C" > wrote:

> B. Lafferty wrote:
> > >
> > It's going to be mighty interesting. I expect more attacking and panache
> > this year than in a long time. My understanding is that Hinault has been
> > giving panache lectures to the French teams. Sandy Casar is The Man. ;-)
>
> Someone has been feeding panache to the football team too! Major
> upset, and I'm loving it! Maybe Hinault mde a side trip to Frankfurt
> for a pep talk.
> This is killing me since I've been in a bunch of the stadiums for
> games with 1FCK.
> Gaaahh. Germany - France for a final and the cleanest Tour in ages.
> Life is good, let the chips fall where they will!

This tour is not clean. Not clean. Not clean.

You need to go a long, long, way to find something clean.
Not that you have not but you are deluding yourself if you
think this tour is clean. Enjoy.

--
Michael Press

Kyle Legate
July 3rd 06, 06:25 PM
jerry in vermont wrote:
> Bill C wrote:
>
>>B. Lafferty wrote:
>>
>>>It's going to be mighty interesting. I expect more attacking and panache
>>>this year than in a long time. My understanding is that Hinault has been
>>>giving panache lectures to the French teams. Sandy Casar is The Man. ;-)
>>
>> Someone has been feeding panache to the football team too! Major
>>upset, and I'm loving it! Maybe Hinault mde a side trip to Frankfurt
>>for a pep talk.
>> This is killing me since I've been in a bunch of the stadiums for
>>games with 1FCK.
>>Gaaahh. Germany - France for a final and the cleanest Tour in ages.
>>Life is good, let the chips fall where they will!
>>Bill C
>

> COLOGNE,COLOGNE....COLOGNE, COLOGNE!!!
>
> KAMPFEN FC KAMPFEN!!
>
> ahh, but back to the second league they go again...

All I've been hearing from the Germans is "Berlin, Berlin, wir fahren
nach Berlin!" right from the very start. Personally, I'm hoping for a
whoopass sized can of JINX.

Bill C
July 4th 06, 06:31 AM
Michael Press wrote:
> In article
> . com>,
> "Bill C" > wrote:
>
> > B. Lafferty wrote:
> > > >
> > > It's going to be mighty interesting. I expect more attacking and panache
> > > this year than in a long time. My understanding is that Hinault has been
> > > giving panache lectures to the French teams. Sandy Casar is The Man. ;-)
> >
> > Someone has been feeding panache to the football team too! Major
> > upset, and I'm loving it! Maybe Hinault mde a side trip to Frankfurt
> > for a pep talk.
> > This is killing me since I've been in a bunch of the stadiums for
> > games with 1FCK.
> > Gaaahh. Germany - France for a final and the cleanest Tour in ages.
> > Life is good, let the chips fall where they will!
>
> This tour is not clean. Not clean. Not clean.
>
> You need to go a long, long, way to find something clean.
> Not that you have not but you are deluding yourself if you
> think this tour is clean. Enjoy.
>
> --
> Michael Press

When you pump out the septic tank it's still not clean, but a whole
lot cleaner, especially when it's undergoing a continued treatment
program.
No delusions here.
Just really enjoying the racing.
Bill C

Michael Press
July 4th 06, 07:24 AM
In article
om>,
"Bill C" > wrote:

> Michael Press wrote:
> > In article
> > . com>,

> > > Someone has been feeding panache to the football team too! Major
> > > upset, and I'm loving it! Maybe Hinault mde a side trip to Frankfurt
> > > for a pep talk.
> > > This is killing me since I've been in a bunch of the stadiums for
> > > games with 1FCK.
> > > Gaaahh. Germany - France for a final and the cleanest Tour in ages.
> > > Life is good, let the chips fall where they will!
> >
> > This tour is not clean. Not clean. Not clean.
> >
> > You need to go a long, long, way to find something clean.
> > Not that you have not but you are deluding yourself if you
> > think this tour is clean. Enjoy.
> >
> > --
> > Michael Press
>
> When you pump out the septic tank it's still not clean, but a whole
> lot cleaner, especially when it's undergoing a continued treatment
> program.
> No delusions here.
> Just really enjoying the racing.

I disagree that is cleaner. A doper will win, but not the
best cyclist; this bothers me. I do not enjoy the racing
as much as anticipated. There is a pall of nastiness over
the race because of selective prosecution. UCI, WADA, and
ASO, and team management want to look good, but you can't
polish ****.

--
Michael Press

Sandy
July 4th 06, 07:55 AM
Michael Press a écrit :
> In article
> om>,
> "Bill C" > wrote:
>

>> Michael Press wrote:
>>
>>> In article
>>> . com>,

>>> This tour is not clean. Not clean. Not clean.
>>>
>>> You need to go a long, long, way to find something clean.
>>> Not that you have not but you are deluding yourself if you
>>> think this tour is clean. Enjoy.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Michael Press
>>>
>> When you pump out the septic tank it's still not clean, but a whole
>> lot cleaner, especially when it's undergoing a continued treatment
>> program.
>> No delusions here.
>> Just really enjoying the racing.
>>

> I disagree that is cleaner. A doper will win, but not the
> best cyclist; this bothers me. I do not enjoy the racing
> as much as anticipated. There is a pall of nastiness over
> the race because of selective prosecution. UCI, WADA, and
> ASO, and team management want to look good, but you can't
> polish ****.

The TOUR (TIOOYK) ! Not clean ? And ??

The TdF is _not_ first communion. It may be a moral barometer.

Still, it's bike racing, which is a participant sport. Professional
sport, partly.
Professional sport is not really sport, anyway. It's a living.
Straying beyond the line of morally pure happens all over, no ?
Bill just wrote about a soldier's way of going over that line. There
will still be armies.
Enron showed how legislators, lawyers, accountants and VIP'S earn the
right to disembowel a system for the benefit of those who erase the line.
Orchestrated bankruptcies, designed to annul labor agreements, keep a
toe on the line while the rest of the body has left the playing field.
Baseball, I hear, still manages to sell beer, if not lots of other
ingestibles.
Religious fanatics cut and paste their holy texts and deem the line
irrelevant.
Scientists push back the date a foetus can survive separation from the
womb, while "family planning" advocates pull the other way, making for a
very shaky, wavy, smudged line.

Cycling doesn't deserve clean. Cycling deserves real. Clean up the
important things before being a moral absolutist in a kid's game. If
you don't enjoy racing, local or top level, don't pay attention. Return
to the hermetically sealed, pure, moral, righteous, insufferable life
that you can have without actual people.

--

Bonne route !

Sandy
Verneuil-sur-Seine FR

Donald Munro
July 4th 06, 09:13 AM
Sandy wrote:
> Cycling doesn't deserve clean. Cycling deserves real. Clean up the
> important things before being a moral absolutist in a kid's game. If
> you don't enjoy racing, local or top level, don't pay attention. Return
> to the hermetically sealed, pure, moral, righteous, insufferable life
> that you can have without actual people.

Or a virtual world like the sims.

B. Lafferty
July 4th 06, 12:03 PM
"Bill C" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> Michael Press wrote:
>> In article
>> . com>,

>> > Someone has been feeding panache to the football team too! Major
>> > upset, and I'm loving it! Maybe Hinault mde a side trip to Frankfurt
>> > for a pep talk.
>> > This is killing me since I've been in a bunch of the stadiums for
>> > games with 1FCK.
>> > Gaaahh. Germany - France for a final and the cleanest Tour in ages.
>> > Life is good, let the chips fall where they will!
>>
>> This tour is not clean. Not clean. Not clean.
>>
>> You need to go a long, long, way to find something clean.
>> Not that you have not but you are deluding yourself if you
>> think this tour is clean. Enjoy.
>>
>> --
>> Michael Press
>
> When you pump out the septic tank it's still not clean, but a whole
> lot cleaner, especially when it's undergoing a continued treatment
> program.
> No delusions here.
> Just really enjoying the racing.
> Bill C

ROTFL! Good point.

RonSonic
July 4th 06, 05:21 PM
On Tue, 04 Jul 2006 08:55:46 +0200, Sandy > wrote:

>Michael Press a écrit :
>> In article
>> om>,

>>> When you pump out the septic tank it's still not clean, but a whole
>>> lot cleaner, especially when it's undergoing a continued treatment
>>> program.
>>> No delusions here.
>>> Just really enjoying the racing.
>>>

>> I disagree that is cleaner. A doper will win, but not the
>> best cyclist; this bothers me. I do not enjoy the racing
>> as much as anticipated. There is a pall of nastiness over
>> the race because of selective prosecution. UCI, WADA, and
>> ASO, and team management want to look good, but you can't
>> polish ****.
>>

>The TOUR (TIOOYK) ! Not clean ? And ??
>
>The TdF is _not_ first communion. It may be a moral barometer.
>
>Still, it's bike racing, which is a participant sport. Professional
>sport, partly.
>Professional sport is not really sport, anyway. It's a living.
>Straying beyond the line of morally pure happens all over, no ?
>Bill just wrote about a soldier's way of going over that line. There
>will still be armies.
>Enron showed how legislators, lawyers, accountants and VIP'S earn the
>right to disembowel a system for the benefit of those who erase the line.
>Orchestrated bankruptcies, designed to annul labor agreements, keep a
>toe on the line while the rest of the body has left the playing field.
>Baseball, I hear, still manages to sell beer, if not lots of other
>ingestibles.
>Religious fanatics cut and paste their holy texts and deem the line
>irrelevant.
>Scientists push back the date a foetus can survive separation from the
>womb, while "family planning" advocates pull the other way, making for a
>very shaky, wavy, smudged line.
>
>Cycling doesn't deserve clean. Cycling deserves real. Clean up the
>important things before being a moral absolutist in a kid's game. If
>you don't enjoy racing, local or top level, don't pay attention. Return
>to the hermetically sealed, pure, moral, righteous, insufferable life
>that you can have without actual people.

Really, go ahead and express yourself.

Ron

Sandy
July 4th 06, 05:45 PM
RonSonic a écrit :
>> that you can have without actual people.
>>

> Really, go ahead and express yourself.
>
> Ron

Sorry - I won't hold back next time.

Michael Press
July 4th 06, 08:18 PM
In article >,
Sandy > wrote:

> Michael Press a écrit :
> > In article
> > om>,

> >> When you pump out the septic tank it's still not clean, but a whole
> >> lot cleaner, especially when it's undergoing a continued treatment
> >> program.
> >> No delusions here.
> >> Just really enjoying the racing.
> >>

> > I disagree that is cleaner. A doper will win, but not the
> > best cyclist; this bothers me. I do not enjoy the racing
> > as much as anticipated. There is a pall of nastiness over
> > the race because of selective prosecution. UCI, WADA, and
> > ASO, and team management want to look good, but you can't
> > polish ****.
> >

> The TOUR (TIOOYK) ! Not clean ? And ??

I did not say clean. I said that it is not cleaner. Note
the comparative.

> The TdF is _not_ first communion. It may be a moral barometer.

I am not discussing morals nor religion.

> Still, it's bike racing, which is a participant sport. Professional
> sport, partly.
> Professional sport is not really sport, anyway. It's a living.
> Straying beyond the line of morally pure happens all over, no ?

Still, I am not discussing morals.

[...]

> Cycling doesn't deserve clean. Cycling deserves real. Clean up the
> important things before being a moral absolutist in a kid's game.

Again, I do not speak of morals or morality.

> If
> you don't enjoy racing, local or top level, don't pay attention.

Your advice is presumptuous and unwelcome.

> Return
> to the hermetically sealed, pure, moral, righteous, insufferable life
> that you can have without actual people.

You failed to address what I said, sailing off into
morality, religion, politics, insults, and unwelcome
advice.

--
Michael Press

Sandy
July 4th 06, 09:01 PM
Michael Press a écrit :

> I am not discussing morals nor religion.
>

> Still, I am not discussing morals.
>

> Again, I do not speak of morals or morality.

Clean ? Cleaner ? Immaculate ? Soiled ? Dirty ?
Either you're talking about laundry (they have soigneurs for that) or
cheating.
If not laundry, but cheating, and you think morality is not
incorporated, then I will not be surprised while you squeeze a herd of
camels through that needle's eye.
>> If
>> you don't enjoy racing, local or top level, don't pay attention.
>>

> Your advice is presumptuous and unwelcome.

OK ! don't race. Selle Italia could come out with a couch for you.
And it's not advice - more so a commandment to go sit with the math club
and polish that protractor. Again, not advice, and I care not at all if
you appreciate it.

Do they cheat in math contests ? Can you ? Do they dope ?
>> Return
>> to the hermetically sealed, pure, moral, righteous, insufferable life
>> that you can have without actual people.
>>

> You failed to address what I said, sailing off into
> morality, religion, politics, insults, and unwelcome
> advice.

Going fast must really scare you.

--

Sandy
Verneuil-sur-Seine FR

Michael Press
July 5th 06, 12:54 AM
In article >,
Sandy > wrote:

> Michael Press a écrit :
> >
> > I am not discussing morals nor religion.
> >
> > Still, I am not discussing morals.
> >
> > Again, I do not speak of morals or morality.
> >
> Clean ? Cleaner ? Immaculate ? Soiled ? Dirty ?
> Either you're talking about laundry (they have soigneurs for that) or
> cheating.

Bill C. said the tour is cleaner for dismissing the
cyclists named in the Spanish blood doping accusations. I
said that it is not cleaner. Simple.

> If not laundry, but cheating, and you think morality is not
> incorporated, then I will not be surprised while you squeeze a herd of
> camels through that needle's eye.

I am not talking about morality. You cannot think of
anything else.

> >> If
> >> you don't enjoy racing, local or top level, don't pay attention.
> >
> > Your advice is presumptuous and unwelcome.
> >
> OK ! don't race. Selle Italia could come out with a couch for you.
> And it's not advice - more so a commandment to go sit with the math club
> and polish that protractor. Again, not advice, and I care not at all if
> you appreciate it.

What do you mean by issuing injunctions then? Are you
being indirect?

> Do they cheat in math contests ? Can you ? Do they dope ?
> >> Return
> >> to the hermetically sealed, pure, moral, righteous, insufferable life
> >> that you can have without actual people.
> >
> > You failed to address what I said, sailing off into
> > morality, religion, politics, insults, and unwelcome
> > advice.
> >
> Going fast must really scare you.

You are presumptuous again.

Did I assert something you disagree with? Did I offend you
with a remark? What's up?

--
Michael Press

Simon Brooke
July 5th 06, 09:43 AM
in message >,
Michael Press ') wrote:

> In article >,
> Sandy > wrote:
>
>> Michael Press a écrit :
>> >
>> > I am not discussing morals nor religion.
>> >
>> > Still, I am not discussing morals.
>> >
>> > Again, I do not speak of morals or morality.
>> >
>> Clean ? Cleaner ? Immaculate ? Soiled ? Dirty ?
>> Either you're talking about laundry (they have soigneurs for that) or
>> cheating.
>
> Bill C. said the tour is cleaner for dismissing the
> cyclists named in the Spanish blood doping accusations. I
> said that it is not cleaner. Simple.

Actually I think it is dirtier.

Regardless of what you think of a sporting hierarchy and management
system which has, over years, overtly and covertly encouraged and
sometimes pressurised very young men to use dope now penalising those
same young men for doping while allowing the medicins and directeurs
sportif to carry on as if no blame attached to them, there's a whole lot
of witch-hunting going on here.

Deflecting the blame for cheating onto those least able to defend
themselves is not 'cleaner'. Destroying people's reputation on hearsay
of flimsy evidence is not 'cleaner'.

;; Skill without imagination is craftsmanship and gives us
;; many useful objects such as wickerwork picnic baskets.
;; Imagination without skill gives us modern art.
;; Tom Stoppard, Artist Descending A Staircase

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home