PDA

View Full Version : My picks

Tha Preacha Bill
July 2nd 06, 04:09 AM
Overall winner: either Leipheimer or Zabriskie
Second: Jullich or Landis
Third: Voigt or Voeckler

I was so looking forward to Ivan making it.... I woke up ths morning,
went to my local shop where they were having a Tour watch, and when I
got there someone told me the bad news.

I was like "you're ****ing with me" becuz they knew that I am a Basso
fan.... and then I saw it for myself.... man, the first thought through
my brain was " this really suck and there really ain't much sense in
watching the rest of it".

The next thought was "well, now it's anyones race"..... no Lance (I
live in Austin), no Ullrich, no Basso.... well, who will be the
breakout rider this year.... now there is a reason to watch.

news.videotron.com
July 2nd 06, 04:39 AM
Why not just pull names out of a hat???

Zabriske climbs like an anchor

"Tha Preacha Bill" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Overall winner: either Leipheimer or Zabriskie
> Second: Jullich or Landis
> Third: Voigt or Voeckler
>
> I was so looking forward to Ivan making it.... I woke up ths morning,
> went to my local shop where they were having a Tour watch, and when I
> got there someone told me the bad news.
>
> I was like "you're ****ing with me" becuz they knew that I am a Basso
> fan.... and then I saw it for myself.... man, the first thought through
> my brain was " this really suck and there really ain't much sense in
> watching the rest of it".
>
> The next thought was "well, now it's anyones race"..... no Lance (I
> live in Austin), no Ullrich, no Basso.... well, who will be the
> breakout rider this year.... now there is a reason to watch.

Tha Preacha Bill
July 2nd 06, 05:36 AM
news.videotron.com wrote:

> Why not just pull names out of a hat???

Seems like great idea.... wonder why I didn't think of that ??

> Zabriske climbs like an anchor

Which was one of Ullrich's biggest problems as well.... he would burn
himself by trying to climb in high gear and not have anything left
after the mountain stages.... and such has been his career.

BUT, then again even Ullrich pulled in 2nd place.... the person that
will win will be a smart climber and not necessarily the fastest
climber.... but the smartest.

Anyone that tries can climb a hill fast.... but can they climb it smart
and fast ?? only 3 people I know of that can do both.

Jonathan v.d. Sluis
July 3rd 06, 12:47 PM
"Tha Preacha Bill" > wrote in
ups.com:

> news.videotron.com wrote:
>
>> Why not just pull names out of a hat???
>
> Seems like great idea.... wonder why I didn't think of that ??
>
>> Zabriske climbs like an anchor
>
> Which was one of Ullrich's biggest problems as well.... he would burn
> himself by trying to climb in high gear and not have anything left
> after the mountain stages.... and such has been his career.

That is simply not true. Ullrich would finish consistently in with the
best in the toughest mountain stages. He did not burn himself, except for
the rare occasion when he tried to attack before the final climb, but
even then he could manage just a few places behind Armstrong. I
understand the argument that Ullrich could have climbed more effectively,
but that he burned himself is evident crap. It was his consistency that
made him such a difficult opponent. Other climbers would win a mountain
stage one day and falter the next.

> BUT, then again even Ullrich pulled in 2nd place.... the person that
> will win will be a smart climber and not necessarily the fastest
> climber.... but the smartest.
>
> Anyone that tries can climb a hill fast.... but can they climb it smart
> and fast ?? only 3 people I know of that can do both.

In the last week of the Giro, Cunego climbed in a way you might call
'smart', choosing his own rhythm and making leaps in the GC that way. He
has earned the 2nd overall (sensu Lemond).

David Ferguson
July 4th 06, 01:57 AM
I'm picking Kloden, myself but the only thing I'm positive about is
that it won't be Zabriskie. I'll be impressed if he finishes.

On 1 Jul 2006 20:09:43 -0700, "Tha Preacha Bill"
> wrote:

>Overall winner: either Leipheimer or Zabriskie
>Second: Jullich or Landis
>Third: Voigt or Voeckler
>
>I was so looking forward to Ivan making it.... I woke up ths morning,
>went to my local shop where they were having a Tour watch, and when I
>got there someone told me the bad news.
>
>I was like "you're ****ing with me" becuz they knew that I am a Basso
>fan.... and then I saw it for myself.... man, the first thought through
>my brain was " this really suck and there really ain't much sense in
>watching the rest of it".
>
>The next thought was "well, now it's anyones race"..... no Lance (I
>live in Austin), no Ullrich, no Basso.... well, who will be the
>breakout rider this year.... now there is a reason to watch.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home