PDA

View Full Version : Biggleswade Sports Meeting - 8th July

Mike
July 2nd 06, 07:29 AM
Next Saturday, 8th July, the 56th Biggleswade Annual Athletics & Grass
Track Cycle Racing event takes place. This will be held at Fairfield
Sports Ground and starts at 1.30p.m.

There will be 52 athletics and cycling track events and 14 field events for
javelin and shot putt. The occasion is for all ages and there will be
prizes. If you intend to take part in a cycle race please don't forget
your cycle helmet; they are mandatory for insurance purposes. For further
details of the sports meeting please contact Des Ball (see below).

The Biggleswade History Society will be showing an exhibition about Dan
Albone, inventor of the Ivel Cycles and Agricultural Motor, as part of
their commemoration of this, the centenary year of Dan's untimely demise in
October 1906.

If anybody has an Ivel Cycle they would like to exhibit would we like to
hear from you.

Mike Strange - Biggleswade History Society
www.BiggleswadeHistory.org.uk
on behalf of:
Des Ball, Event Secretary,
16 Saffron Road, Biggleswade, SG18 8DJ
01767 313790

pete whelan
July 3rd 06, 07:43 PM
Mike wrote:
> Next Saturday, 8th July, the 56th Biggleswade Annual Athletics & Grass
> Track Cycle Racing event takes place. This will be held at Fairfield
> Sports Ground and starts at 1.30p.m.
>
> There will be 52 athletics and cycling track events and 14 field events for
> javelin and shot putt. The occasion is for all ages and there will be
> prizes. If you intend to take part in a cycle race please don't forget
> your cycle helmet; they are mandatory for insurance purposes. For further
> details of the sports meeting please contact Des Ball (see below).
>
> The Biggleswade History Society will be showing an exhibition about Dan
> Albone, inventor of the Ivel Cycles and Agricultural Motor, as part of
> their commemoration of this, the centenary year of Dan's untimely demise in
> October 1906.
>
> If anybody has an Ivel Cycle they would like to exhibit would we like to
> hear from you.
>
> Mike Strange - Biggleswade History Society
> www.BiggleswadeHistory.org.uk
> on behalf of:
> Des Ball, Event Secretary,
> 16 Saffron Road, Biggleswade, SG18 8DJ
> 01767 313790

I haven't got an Ivel Cycle, but I am riding the grass track events

Mike
July 3rd 06, 10:36 PM
This is in reply to message of Mon, 03 Jul 2006 19:43:39 +0100, pete whelan
> which said:

>Mike wrote:
>> Next Saturday, 8th July, the 56th Biggleswade Annual Athletics & Grass
>> Track Cycle Racing event takes place. This will be held at Fairfield
>> Sports Ground and starts at 1.30p.m.
>>
>> There will be 52 athletics and cycling track events and 14 field events for
>> javelin and shot putt. The occasion is for all ages and there will be
>> prizes. If you intend to take part in a cycle race please don't forget
>> your cycle helmet; they are mandatory for insurance purposes. For further
>> details of the sports meeting please contact Des Ball (see below).
>>
>> The Biggleswade History Society will be showing an exhibition about Dan
>> Albone, inventor of the Ivel Cycles and Agricultural Motor, as part of
>> their commemoration of this, the centenary year of Dan's untimely demise in
>> October 1906.
>>
>> If anybody has an Ivel Cycle they would like to exhibit would we like to
>> hear from you.
>>
>> Mike Strange - Biggleswade History Society
>> www.BiggleswadeHistory.org.uk
>> on behalf of:
>> Des Ball, Event Secretary,
>> 16 Saffron Road, Biggleswade, SG18 8DJ
>> 01767 313790
>
>I haven't got an Ivel Cycle, but I am riding the grass track events

See your there then Pete - good luck in the races.
Mike

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home