PDA

View Full Version : Millar Line Stage 3: Kessler survives

Ryan Cousineau
July 3rd 06, 05:54 PM
23 David Millar (GBr) Saunier Duval

Thanks to a last-moment catch by the sprinters, Matthias Kessler's late
escape was absorbed by the bunch and he finished a clean 32nd, several
places behind Millar.

Notable non-sprinters above the line:

8 Bernhard Eisel (Aut) Francaise Des Jeux*
17 Andreas Klöden (Ger) T-Mobile
20 Yaroslav Popovyvch (Ukr) Discovery Channel
21 George Hincapie (USA) Discovery Channel**

*NOT doped by Millar Line rules, as he finished above 9 Erik Zabel, thus
qualifying as a sprinter. Sprinters are always clean.

**George was given an exemption from the Millar Line yesterday for
proving himself capable of sprinting during one of the intermediate hot
spots. This latest non-sprinting result above the Millar Line means he
has been placed on Triple Secret Probation until the next TT.

Colophon:
In association with Brian Lafferty, the Millar Line is defined by rider
David Millar, who is known to be clean. Therefore, any rider who
finishes ahead of Millar is doping. Sprinters are exempted, because they
are always clean.

The Millar Line powered by LIVEDRUNK: It's Millar's Time!

July 3rd 06, 07:52 PM
wow. this is so funny. please spend more time doing these posts.

July 3rd 06, 07:54 PM
> **George was given an exemption from the Millar Line yesterday for
> proving himself capable of sprinting during one of the intermediate hot
> spots. This latest non-sprinting result above the Millar Line means he
> has been placed on Triple Secret Probation until the next TT.

What capablilty? Only 2 sprinted and George got second to someone with
no sprinting reputation.

Ryan Cousineau
July 3rd 06, 10:13 PM
In article om>,
wrote:

> wow. this is so funny. please spend more time doing these posts.

No guarantees. I've been sick with a ridiculous cold-fever-hacking cough
since Friday.

Ryan Cousineau
July 3rd 06, 10:14 PM
In article m>,
" > wrote:

> > **George was given an exemption from the Millar Line yesterday for
> > proving himself capable of sprinting during one of the intermediate hot
> > spots. This latest non-sprinting result above the Millar Line means he
> > has been placed on Triple Secret Probation until the next TT.
> >

> What capablilty? Only 2 sprinted and George got second to someone with
> no sprinting reputation.

Hey, if we had a standard that tight, we'd have to call Zabel a doper.

July 3rd 06, 10:23 PM
Ryan Cousineau wrote:
> In article om>,
> wrote:
>
> > wow. this is so funny. please spend more time doing these posts.
>
> No guarantees. I've been sick with a ridiculous cold-fever-hacking cough
> since Friday.

I was kidding.

Ryan Cousineau
July 4th 06, 07:16 AM
In article <0Hlqg.120010$IK3.88140@pd7tw1no>,
"Jack Maars" > wrote:

> "Ryan Cousineau" > wrote in message
>

> > No guarantees. I've been sick with a ridiculous cold-fever-hacking cough
> > since Friday.
>
> It's all that damn air conditioning.
>
> If you want to be a cyclist then:
> No A/C
> Drive with the car windows all the way up
> No fan, it will stir up germs
>
> I read that about the fan stirring up germs in a
> recent book on Lance, it is knowledge passed
> on from Viacheslav Ekimov, and makes sense.

That Eki is a genius!

Actually, as stupid as that all sounds, I have AC in my car, in my
house, and at work. Maybe there's something to it.

No, I don't really believe that.

But the detail about the fan stirring up germs is great. I don't
remember that passage, but was the book by any chance "Lance Armstrong's
War"? That was the one by Danny Coyle.

Donald Munro
July 4th 06, 09:42 AM
Ryan Cousineau wrote:

>> It's all that damn air conditioning.

Alcohol depresses the immune system. Hope this cheers you up.

http://www.chem-tox.com/immunesystem/alcohol/alcohol.htm

Ryan Cousineau
July 4th 06, 02:40 PM
In article >,
Donald Munro > wrote:

> Ryan Cousineau wrote:
>
> >> It's all that damn air conditioning.
>
> Alcohol depresses the immune system. Hope this cheers you up.
>
> http://www.chem-tox.com/immunesystem/alcohol/alcohol.htm

I'm going to pretend you didn't say such a hurtful thing....

Between you and Eki, I think I prefer to follow the advice of my old
friend and former pastor who felt that most minor stomach upsets were
best cured with a small dose of alcohol.

Either way, you felt better after,

Jack Maars
July 5th 06, 02:24 AM
"Ryan Cousineau" > wrote in message
> But the detail about the fan stirring up germs is great. I don't
> remember that passage, but was the book by any chance "Lance Armstrong's
> War"? That was the one by Danny Coyle.

It was either that one or Michael Berry's Inside the
Postal Bus.

Jack Maars
July 5th 06, 02:36 AM
"Jack Maars" > wrote in message news:oxEqg.120887$Mn5.82638@pd7tw3no...

> "Ryan Cousineau" > wrote in message
>> But the detail about the fan stirring up germs is great. I don't
>> remember that passage, but was the book by any chance "Lance Armstrong's
>> War"? That was the one by Danny Coyle.
>

> It was either that one or Michael Berry's Inside the
> Postal Bus.

Come to think of it, Michael may have told me himself
back in '04 at the Tour of Catalunya.

Ryan Cousineau
July 5th 06, 02:57 AM
In article <RIEqg.122319$IK3.3713@pd7tw1no>,
"Jack Maars" > wrote:

> "Jack Maars" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Ryan Cousineau" > wrote in message
> >> But the detail about the fan stirring up germs is great. I don't
> >> remember that passage, but was the book by any chance "Lance Armstrong's
> >> War"? That was the one by Danny Coyle.
> >

> > It was either that one or Michael Berry's Inside the
> > Postal Bus.
>

> Come to think of it, Michael may have told me himself
> back in '04 at the Tour of Catalunya.

Stick with that one. It's the best story of them all.

Curtis L. Russell
July 5th 06, 02:21 PM
On Tue, 04 Jul 2006 13:40:26 GMT, Ryan Cousineau >
wrote:

>Between you and Eki, I think I prefer to follow the advice of my old
>friend and former pastor who felt that most minor stomach upsets were
>best cured with a small dose of alcohol.

A true man of God would never have used the word 'small'.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

Curtis L. Russell
July 5th 06, 02:24 PM
On Wed, 05 Jul 2006 01:36:49 GMT, "Jack Maars" >
wrote:

>"Jack Maars" > wrote in message news:oxEqg.120887$Mn5.82638@pd7tw3no...
>>
>> "Ryan Cousineau" > wrote in message
>>> But the detail about the fan stirring up germs is great. I don't
>>> remember that passage, but was the book by any chance "Lance Armstrong's
>>> War"? That was the one by Danny Coyle.
>>

>> It was either that one or Michael Berry's Inside the
>> Postal Bus.
>

>Come to think of it, Michael may have told me himself
>back in '04 at the Tour of Catalunya.

There's a solution. Liberally spread Dave's Ultimate Insanity Sauce
over your hands and face. In fact, it works particularly well when
nature calls - you don't even have to wash your hands afterwards. I'm
sure it kills germs and that should be good enough for rbr.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

Ryan Cousineau
July 6th 06, 07:40 AM
In article >,
Curtis L. Russell > wrote:

> On Tue, 04 Jul 2006 13:40:26 GMT, Ryan Cousineau >
> wrote:
>
> >Between you and Eki, I think I prefer to follow the advice of my old
> >friend and former pastor who felt that most minor stomach upsets were
> >best cured with a small dose of alcohol.
>
> A true man of God would never have used the word 'small'.
>
> Curtis L. Russell
> Odenton, MD (USA)
> Just someone on two wheels...

When you LIVEDRUNK, anything but gin is small beer.

Also, I'm pretty sure the good Monsignor has a better wine cellar than I
do, though that's saying very, very little.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home