PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Voeckler - Que faites-vous ?

Calogero Carlucci
July 5th 06, 04:55 AM
Why would Thomas Voeckler be using a big chainring on the Cauberg???

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2006/tour06/index.php?id=/photos/2006/tour06/tour063/voeckler

Bret
July 5th 06, 05:20 AM
Calogero Carlucci wrote:
> Why would Thomas Voeckler be using a big chainring on the Cauberg???
>
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2006/tour06/index.php?id=/photos/2006/tour06/tour063/voeckler

Because he's actually British?

Bret - who once knew a Brit who was more interested in what he could
climb in the big ring than any other aspect of cycling.

Stu Fleming
July 5th 06, 05:57 AM
Calogero Carlucci wrote:
> Why would Thomas Voeckler be using a big chainring on the Cauberg???
>
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2006/tour06/index.php?id=/photos/2006/tour06/tour063/voeckler

The Cauberg is not really a hill. We know this since it is in Holland.
Which is flat.

Simon Brooke
July 5th 06, 08:35 AM
in message om>, Bret
') wrote:

> Calogero Carlucci wrote:
>> Why would Thomas Voeckler be using a big chainring on the Cauberg???

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2006/tour06/index.php?id=/photos/2006/tour06/tour063/voeckler

> Because he's actually British?
>
> Bret - who once knew a Brit who was more interested in what he could
> climb in the big ring than any other aspect of cycling.

Yup, I know people like that.

Hard man fetishism and knackered knees.

;; An enamorata is for life, not just for weekends.

Mikko J Virtanen
July 5th 06, 09:24 AM
Stu Fleming > writes:
> The Cauberg is not really a hill. We know this since it is in
> Holland. Which is flat.

Actually, Cauberg is not in Holland. It is in Limburg.

MJ;

--
..signature necesse est

Donald Munro
July 5th 06, 09:34 AM
Stu Fleming wrote:
> The Cauberg is not really a hill. We know this since it is in Holland.
> Which is flat.

A virtual hill.

debe
July 5th 06, 12:07 PM
Stu Fleming wrote:
> Calogero Carlucci wrote:
>
>> Why would Thomas Voeckler be using a big chainring on the Cauberg???
>>
>> http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2006/tour06/index.php?id=/photos/2006/tour06/tour063/voeckler
>>

> The Cauberg is not really a hill. We know this since it is in Holland.
> Which is flat.

1. Holland is a province of the Netherlands.

2. Limburg is another province of the Netherlands.

3. The Cauberg is in Limburg.

4. I rode around Limburg for five years, there are no real mountains
but a lot of hills, in some areas it is anything but flat, including the
Cauberg. Did you ever watch the Amstel Gold Race, Stu ?!?!?!?!

Regards
debe

P.S.: Ewoud, if Stu starts yelling around, could you please handle
things and slap him verbally? I'm too tired today. Thanks!

Stu Fleming
July 5th 06, 12:52 PM
debe wrote:

> 4. I rode around Limburg for five years, there are no real mountains
> but a lot of hills, in some areas it is anything but flat, including the
> Cauberg. Did you ever watch the Amstel Gold Race, Stu ?!?!?!?!

Yes, Valkenberg, 1993, when the race used to finish in Maastricht.
Gianni Bugno cocked up the sprint.

> P.S.: Ewoud, if Stu starts yelling around, could you please handle
> things and slap him verbally? I'm too tired today. Thanks!

Ewoud didn't take the bait earlier...

debe
July 5th 06, 01:25 PM
Stu Fleming wrote:
> debe wrote:
>
>> 4. I rode around Limburg for five years, there are no real mountains
>> but a lot of hills, in some areas it is anything but flat, including
>> the Cauberg. Did you ever watch the Amstel Gold Race, Stu ?!?!?!?!
>

> Yes, Valkenberg, 1993, when the race used to finish in Maastricht.
> Gianni Bugno cocked up the sprint.

So then you should have known that Limburg ain't flat.

>> P.S.: Ewoud, if Stu starts yelling around, could you please handle
>> things and slap him verbally? I'm too tired today. Thanks!
>

> Ewoud didn't take the bait earlier...
Ewoud watches everything and every thread, but he only appears once in a
while ...

Donald Munro
July 5th 06, 01:33 PM
debe wrote:
> Ewoud watches everything and every thread, but he only appears once in a
> while ...

Dumbass,
If you want him to appear mention Hampsten's win over the Gavia Pass in
the snow. Alternatively perhaps if you're female you can rub his lamp or
something and he might appear.

Jonathan v.d. Sluis
July 5th 06, 02:00 PM
debe > wrote in
:

> Stu Fleming wrote:
>> Calogero Carlucci wrote:
>>
>>> Why would Thomas Voeckler be using a big chainring on the Cauberg???
>>>
>>> http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2006/tour06/index.php?id=/photos/20
>>> 06/tour06/tour063/voeckler
>>>

>> The Cauberg is not really a hill. We know this since it is in
>> Holland.
>> Which is flat.
>
> 1. Holland is a province of the Netherlands.

Not exactly, Holland is the western part of the country excluding Zeeland,
and therefore consists of the provinces Noord-Holland and Zuid-Holland.

debe
July 5th 06, 02:39 PM
Jonathan v.d. Sluis wrote:
> debe > wrote in
> :
>

>>Stu Fleming wrote:

>>>The Cauberg is not really a hill. We know this since it is in
>>>Holland.
>>> Which is flat.
>>
>>1. Holland is a province of the Netherlands.
>

> Not exactly, Holland is the western part of the country excluding Zeeland,
> and therefore consists of the provinces Noord-Holland and Zuid-Holland.
bedankt ! tot ziens !

debe
July 5th 06, 02:40 PM
Donald Munro wrote:
> debe wrote:
>
>>Ewoud watches everything and every thread, but he only appears once in a
>>while ...
>

> Dumbass,
> If you want him to appear mention Hampsten's win over the Gavia Pass in
> the snow. Alternatively perhaps if you're female you can rub his lamp or
> something and he might appear.

or just mention the HYDRO-DYNAMIC LIFT ...

Jonathan v.d. Sluis
July 5th 06, 02:53 PM
debe > wrote in
:

> Jonathan v.d. Sluis wrote:
>> debe > wrote in
>> :

>>>1. Holland is a province of the Netherlands.
>>

>> Not exactly, Holland is the western part of the country excluding
>> Zeeland, and therefore consists of the provinces Noord-Holland and
>> Zuid-Holland.
> bedankt ! tot ziens !

Ah well, never mind.

Ewoud Dronkert
July 5th 06, 02:57 PM
On Wed, 05 Jul 2006 14:25:20 +0200, debe wrote:
>Ewoud watches everything and every thread, but he only appears once in a
>while ...

I was away for a few days (for www.row2k.com/henley) just when all
hell broke loose. I have been catching up by marking most messages
read. Sorry.

--
E. Dronkert

debe
July 5th 06, 03:05 PM
Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
> On Wed, 05 Jul 2006 14:25:20 +0200, debe wrote:
>
>>Ewoud watches everything and every thread, but he only appears once in a
>>while ...
>

> I was away for a few days (for www.row2k.com/henley) just when all
> hell broke loose. I have been catching up by marking most messages
> read. Sorry.

you've been at Henley ?!?! Hell, guess you
took a few pints ! Didn't the dutch M8+ win ?

Ewoud Dronkert
July 5th 06, 03:43 PM
On Wed, 05 Jul 2006 16:05:40 +0200, debe wrote:
>you've been at Henley ?!?! Hell, guess you
>took a few pints ! Didn't the dutch M8+ win ?

Yes. First time, would you believe.
Yes. Beer, Pimm's and even champagne (but not by the pint).
Yes. The real final was the semi-final against the Deutschland Achter.

--
E. Dronkert

July 5th 06, 04:44 PM
Calogero Carlucci wrote:
> Why would Thomas Voeckler be using a big chainring on the Cauberg???
>
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2006/tour06/index.php?id=/photos/2006/tour06/tour063/voeckler

Maybe his shifter is mucked up and he couldn't get it in the small
ring, maybe he's using a compact (though it doesn't look like it) or
perhaps he's using a 32t rear cog. Regardless, he sure seems to be
suffering.

Fred

Scott
July 5th 06, 05:27 PM
Calogero Carlucci wrote:
> Why would Thomas Voeckler be using a big chainring on the Cauberg???
>
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2006/tour06/index.php?id=/photos/2006/tour06/tour063/voeckler

>From the other photos on CN.com, he's not the only one. Mayo, Landis,
& Kessler were all using the big ring. I'm sure there were others.

Scott

Stu Fleming
July 5th 06, 09:09 PM
debe wrote:
> Stu Fleming wrote:
>
>> debe wrote:
>>
>>> 4. I rode around Limburg for five years, there are no real mountains
>>> but a lot of hills, in some areas it is anything but flat, including
>>> the Cauberg. Did you ever watch the Amstel Gold Race, Stu ?!?!?!?!
>>

>> Yes, Valkenberg, 1993, when the race used to finish in Maastricht.
>> Gianni Bugno cocked up the sprint.
>>
> So then you should have known that Limburg ain't flat.

Yes, and now I also know that the Apocalypse is safe for a while too.

Ewoud Dronkert
July 5th 06, 11:25 PM
Scott schreef:
> From the other photos on CN.com, he's not the only one. Mayo, Landis,
> & Kessler were all using the big ring. I'm sure there were others.

The Cauberg is a big ring climb, especially for pros.

--
E. Dronkert

Robert Chung
July 5th 06, 11:34 PM
Ewoud Dronkert wrote:

> The Cauberg is a big ring climb, especially for pros.

Have you explained that to Boogerd?

Donald Munro
July 6th 06, 09:05 AM

Robert Chung wrote:
> Have you explained that to Boogerd?

Trade secret. He wants to outsprint boogerd.

debe
July 7th 06, 10:15 AM
Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
> On Wed, 05 Jul 2006 16:05:40 +0200, debe wrote:
>
>>you've been at Henley ?!?! Hell, guess you
>>took a few pints ! Didn't the dutch M8+ win ?
>

> Yes. First time, would you believe.
> Yes. Beer, Pimm's and even champagne (but not by the pint).
> Yes. The real final was the semi-final against the Deutschland Achter.

Thanks for the compliment :-)

debe

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home