PDA

View Full Version : Doomed !

Sandy
July 5th 06, 07:08 PM
You, that is, are doomed not to read my ineffable wisdom for at least
two hours, while "Les Bleus" play in white shirts - prelude to tragedy.

Should they win, however, I will deny this having been written, you will
be subjected again to greybeard (no, ain't got one) pearls.

Kickoff after a pre-celebration dinner with a wine I would save, but for
the fact that it won't taste as good in three hours. Not by a long shot.

Ciao !

(Bets taken by default)

RicodJour
July 5th 06, 07:54 PM
Sandy wrote:
> You, that is, are doomed not to read my ineffable wisdom for at least
> two hours, while "Les Bleus" play in white shirts - prelude to tragedy.
>
> Should they win, however, I will deny this having been written, you will
> be subjected again to greybeard (no, ain't got one) pearls.
>
> Kickoff after a pre-celebration dinner with a wine I would save, but for
> the fact that it won't taste as good in three hours. Not by a long shot.
>
> Ciao !
>
> (Bets taken by default)

That reads like you started the partying a wee bit early, eh? ;)

RicodJour
July 5th 06, 08:34 PM
Sandy wrote:
> You, that is, are doomed not to read my ineffable wisdom for at least
> two hours, while "Les Bleus" play in white shirts - prelude to tragedy.

Tragedy for whom?

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLL!!! !!!!

Bill C
July 5th 06, 09:31 PM
RicodJour wrote:
> Sandy wrote:
> > You, that is, are doomed not to read my ineffable wisdom for at least
> > two hours, while "Les Bleus" play in white shirts - prelude to tragedy.
>
> Tragedy for whom?
>
> GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLL!!! !!!!

GGGRRRrrr at least France is following the script!
2 BLEEPING minutes!!! Then we would've won it on penalty kicks...This
should take a decade or two to get over...
Go France!
Bill C

RicodJour
July 5th 06, 09:45 PM
Bill C wrote:
> RicodJour wrote:
> > Sandy wrote:
> > > You, that is, are doomed not to read my ineffable wisdom for at least
> > > two hours, while "Les Bleus" play in white shirts - prelude to tragedy.
> >
> > Tragedy for whom?
> >
> > GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLL!!! !!!!

> GGGRRRrrr at least France is following the script!
> 2 BLEEPING minutes!!! Then we would've won it on penalty kicks.

Virtual World Cup...? It was an excellent game. No one gave anything
away, the ref didn't decide the match - unlike the US game.
Interesting that the France/Portugal ref is the same one that was
having a fire sale on red and yellow cards in the US match. I guess he
caught major **** for that game and cleaned up his act.

Bill C
July 5th 06, 09:56 PM
RicodJour wrote:
> Bill C wrote:
> > RicodJour wrote:
> > >
> > > Tragedy for whom?
> > >
> > > GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLL!!! !!!!

> > GGGRRRrrr at least France is following the script!
> > 2 BLEEPING minutes!!! Then we would've won it on penalty kicks.
>
> Virtual World Cup...? It was an excellent game. No one gave anything
> away, the ref didn't decide the match - unlike the US game.
> Interesting that the France/Portugal ref is the same one that was
> having a fire sale on red and yellow cards in the US match. I guess he
> caught major **** for that game and cleaned up his act.

I still can't believe France hung on. Portugal absolutely controlled
the second half and stoppage time.
That's tough.
Gonna be a great final though.
Bill C

RicodJour
July 5th 06, 10:14 PM
Bill C wrote:

> I still can't believe France hung on. Portugal absolutely controlled
> the second half and stoppage time.
> That's tough.
> Gonna be a great final though.

Agreed. Prediction?

I wonder is Sandy is going to be morose that there wasn't a French
tragedy. You know how those Euros like their tragedies. ;)

Donald Munro
July 5th 06, 10:16 PM
RicodJour wrote:
> Interesting that the France/Portugal ref is the same one that was
> having a fire sale on red and yellow cards in the US match. I guess he
> caught major **** for that game and cleaned up his act.

To be fair to the referees its FIFA directives that cause them to hand out
all the cards, if they don't comply they can get sent home. And it that
particular game some of the red cards were justified in particular the
first one where McBride's nose just about got broken by an intentionally
directed italian elbow.

Sandy
July 5th 06, 10:59 PM
Donald Munro a écrit :
> RicodJour wrote:
>
>> Interesting that the France/Portugal ref is the same one that was
>> having a fire sale on red and yellow cards in the US match. I guess he
>> caught major **** for that game and cleaned up his act.
>>

> To be fair to the referees its FIFA directives that cause them to hand out
> all the cards, if they don't comply they can get sent home. And it that
> particular game some of the red cards were justified in particular the
> first one where McBride's nose just about got broken by an intentionally
> directed italian elbow.

Right ! no rules were changed at all.
They just had to play by the rules.
No going beyond the bounds of the rules.
Why does all this sound like the way people go deaf, dumb and blind to
doping ?
Will anyone ever get it - that doping is only a subset of cheating ?

Anyway, Rico, not morose, but there is a pending premonition of diffuse
agony, a good advance for either losing or winning on Sunday. Lose, and
blame the false hope obtained today. Win, and suffer with the Italians,
being resonant and self-flagellating.

Damned cheating ! Frankly, the tragicomic acting by Portugal's best
left me wondering their chances for springboard medals, next Olympics.

Worst was watching Figo's last game.

RicodJour
July 5th 06, 11:51 PM
Sandy wrote:

> Anyway, Rico, not morose, but there is a pending premonition of diffuse
> agony, a good advance for either losing or winning on Sunday. Lose, and
> blame the false hope obtained today. Win, and suffer with the Italians,
> being resonant and self-flagellating.

You are a god amongst self-flagellators! Looking for the dark side of
a victory. My hat is on to you!

> Damned cheating ! Frankly, the tragicomic acting by Portugal's best
> left me wondering their chances for springboard medals, next Olympics.

I always admire a nice dive skillfully performed. Some are more real
than real - even the videotape replay is a work of art.
Portugal....well, I got the feeling they were picking the spots to dive
based on how soft the grass looked in a particular spot more than what
actually happened and where.

Bill C
July 6th 06, 12:38 AM
RicodJour wrote:
> Bill C wrote:
> >
> > I still can't believe France hung on. Portugal absolutely controlled
> > the second half and stoppage time.
> > That's tough.
> > Gonna be a great final though.
>
> Agreed. Prediction?
>
> I wonder is Sandy is going to be morose that there wasn't a French
> tragedy. You know how those Euros like their tragedies. ;)

Italy 2 - France 1 with the winning goal late in regular time or
overtime.
Bill C

trg
July 6th 06, 05:35 PM
"Donald Munro" > a écrit dans le message de news:
| RicodJour wrote:
| > Interesting that the France/Portugal ref is the same one that was
| > having a fire sale on red and yellow cards in the US match. I guess he
| > caught major **** for that game and cleaned up his act.
|
| To be fair to the referees its FIFA directives that cause them to hand out
| all the cards, if they don't comply they can get sent home.

Graham Poll got sent home for giving out too many cards- to Simunic.

trg
July 6th 06, 05:55 PM
"Sandy" > a écrit dans le message de news:
| You, that is, are doomed not to read my ineffable wisdom for at least
| two hours, while "Les Bleus" play in white shirts - prelude to tragedy.
|
| Should they win, however, I will deny this having been written, you will
| be subjected again to greybeard (no, ain't got one) pearls.
|
| Kickoff after a pre-celebration dinner with a wine I would save, but for
| the fact that it won't taste as good in three hours. Not by a long shot.
|
| Ciao !

I hope you've learned your lesson. good wine, like certain players (Thuram,
Zidane to name a few), improve with age !

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home