PDA

View Full Version : Millar Line Stage 4: nothing to see here

Ryan John Cousineau
July 5th 06, 07:51 PM
32 David Millar (GBr) Saunier Duval

Floyd Landis remains over the line, along with Marco Velo of Milram
(mentioned here mostly because he has a cool name) Andreas "no respect"
Kloden, and Davitamon-Lotto's Gert Steegmans (remember from previous
stages that while sprinters are always clean, the same does not apply to
lead-out men).

As a comparison, here's the French Line:

11 Jimmy Casper (Fra) Cofidis

This is clearly an inferior measure, since it hardly convicts anyone,
especially after you exclude the sprinters. Brian Lafferty presents the
Millar Line powered by LIVEDRUNK knows better. I mean, really. Peloton at
two speeds? This would practically be a 1-speed peloton! And the last time
the peloton was at one speed was before the adoption of the rod shifter,
and that's a pre-war innovation.

Colophon:
I'm not drunk, just too sick to race. But not too sick to work. Or to ride
to work. Maybe I should call in sick. Maybe I should call in sick to
Usenet. Hey, did you know I have a real live vintage wire-cage Isi seltzer
bottle on top of my drinks cabinet? I even scoured half the kitchen shops
in town until I found CO2 refills for it.

Drink du jour: the Green Apple...
generous pour of Bols Blue Curacao into a highball glass over ice. Add
orange juice to fill the glass, and seltzer to "taste."

The resulting drink is green, very orangey tasting, and high in Vitamin C.
Its major virtue is that it uses a lot of stuff I already have in my liquor
cabinet and fridge.
--
Ryan Cousineau, , www.wiredcola.com
Democracy, whiskey, and sexy!