PDA

View Full Version : Re: Mountain Biking Takes Another Victim

spademan o---[\) *
February 25th 04, 10:58 AM

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/features/20040222-9999-mz1c22odds.html

> > but excerpts:
> >
> > Chances of dying from a mountain lion attack in California 1 in 32
> > million Chance of dying from contact with hot tap water 1 in 5,005,564
> > Chance of dying from a car accident: 1 in 18,585
> > Chance of dying in an airplane accident: 1 in 354,319
> > Chance of dying from parts falling off an airplane: 1 in 10,000,000
> >
> > Odds of dying from shaving 6,585 to 1
> > Odds of getting hemorrhoids: 25 to 1
> > Odds of being on plane with a drunken pilot: 117 to 1 (Am I the only
> > one distrubed by this one?)
> > Odds of writing a New York Times best seller: 220 to 1
> > Odds of catching a ball at a major league ballgame: 563 to 1
> > Odds of becoming president: 10 million to 1
> >
> > and the grandaddy of them all.............Odds of a meteor landing on
> > your house 182,138,880,000,000 to 1
> >
> > Michael
>
> Damn...life is still 100% fatal.

Not true. Is everybody that ever lived dead? Are you dead?

Steve.

onefred
February 25th 04, 04:54 PM
"spademan o---[) *" > wrote in message

> "Michael Dart" > wrote in message
> > In ,
> > Michael Paul > typed:
> > > "Kamus of Kadizhar" > wrote in message
> > > om...

> > > for odds on the bizarre, check out the full story here:
> > >
> http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/features/20040222-9999-mz1c22odds.html
> > >
> > > but excerpts:
> > >
> > > Chances of dying from a mountain lion attack in California 1 in 32
> > > million Chance of dying from contact with hot tap water 1 in 5,005,564
> > > Chance of dying from a car accident: 1 in 18,585
> > > Chance of dying in an airplane accident: 1 in 354,319
> > > Chance of dying from parts falling off an airplane: 1 in 10,000,000
> > >
> > > Odds of dying from shaving 6,585 to 1
> > > Odds of getting hemorrhoids: 25 to 1
> > > Odds of being on plane with a drunken pilot: 117 to 1 (Am I the only
> > > one distrubed by this one?)
> > > Odds of writing a New York Times best seller: 220 to 1
> > > Odds of catching a ball at a major league ballgame: 563 to 1
> > > Odds of becoming president: 10 million to 1
> > >
> > > and the grandaddy of them all.............Odds of a meteor landing on
> > > your house 182,138,880,000,000 to 1
> > >
> > > Michael
> >
> > Damn...life is still 100% fatal.
> >

> Not true. Is everybody that ever lived dead? Are you dead?

Not yet!

Dave

Andy Chequer
February 26th 04, 11:51 PM
> > > Odds of dying from shaving 6,585 to 1

It's sobering to think that if you shave once a day for 18 years it will
kill you.

Andy Chequer alrighty

S o r n i
February 27th 04, 02:11 AM
Andy Chequer wrote:

> It's sobering to think that if you shave once a day for 18 years it
> will kill you.

That's why I grow beards from time to time.

Bill "cheating the devil" S.

Joel Crum
February 27th 04, 04:38 PM
"Andy Chequer" > wrote in
:

> It's sobering to think that if you shave once a day for 18 years it will
> kill you.
>
> Andy Chequer alrighty

Just injure you actually. That one surprised me so much I looked it up in
the article and it's not a death sentance.

--
- Joel C.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home