PDA

View Full Version : Zak-Paul Gosselaar update: dude is going good!

Ryan Cousineau
July 9th 06, 01:28 AM
Aside from making fun of Mark-Paul "Zak from Saved by the Bell"
Gosselaar at the start of this year, I have more or less forgotten about
him.

In a year when I'm struggling to get down to race weight and up to
sprint speed, he's catted up from 4 to 3:

http://www.cadenceparkpre.com/results.htm

On the other hand, he is Dutch, so, you know...

ST
July 9th 06, 05:02 AM
On 7/8/06 5:28 PM, in article ,
"Ryan Cousineau" > wrote:

> Aside from making fun of Mark-Paul "Zak from Saved by the Bell"
> Gosselaar at the start of this year, I have more or less forgotten about
> him.
>
> In a year when I'm struggling to get down to race weight and up to
> sprint speed, he's catted up from 4 to 3:
>
> http://www.cadenceparkpre.com/results.htm
>
> On the other hand, he is Dutch, so, you know...

He is just a half-ass local guy who got lucky........
If other guys in his race knew who he was they would clean his clock......
Just because of the fact he was that Zak goof..

http://scnca.com/schedule2006.asp?fname=Mark%2DPaul&lname=Gosselaar&category
=Category+3

Ryan Cousineau
July 9th 06, 09:14 AM
In article om>,
"RicodJour" > wrote:

> Ryan Cousineau wrote:
> > Aside from making fun of Mark-Paul "Zak from Saved by the Bell"
> > Gosselaar at the start of this year, I have more or less forgotten about
> > him.
> >
> > In a year when I'm struggling to get down to race weight and up to
> > sprint speed, he's catted up from 4 to 3:
> >
> > http://www.cadenceparkpre.com/results.htm
> >
> > On the other hand, he is Dutch, so, you know...
>
> Must have a good sprint. He has a pretty high win/place ratio. I'd
> prefer to see his Saved by the Bell costar in the spandex - even if she
> isn't Dutch.
> http://heresjosh.blogspot.com/tiffany_amber_thiessen3.jpg
> {I wonder if Howard will forgive me for the OT babelink)
> Apparently her brother Todd is a pro cyclist. She dated Mark when they
> were, um, famous and her brother probably got him interested in the
> sport.

Great jumping frijoles!

Howard can have that babe link when he pries it from my cold, dead hands.

Howard Kveck
July 9th 06, 03:51 PM
In article om>,
"RicodJour" > wrote:

> Ryan Cousineau wrote:
> > Aside from making fun of Mark-Paul "Zak from Saved by the Bell"
> > Gosselaar at the start of this year, I have more or less forgotten about
> > him.
> >
> > In a year when I'm struggling to get down to race weight and up to
> > sprint speed, he's catted up from 4 to 3:
> >
> > http://www.cadenceparkpre.com/results.htm
> >
> > On the other hand, he is Dutch, so, you know...
>
> Must have a good sprint. He has a pretty high win/place ratio. I'd
> prefer to see his Saved by the Bell costar in the spandex - even if she
> isn't Dutch.
> http://heresjosh.blogspot.com/tiffany_amber_thiessen3.jpg
> {I wonder if Howard will forgive me for the OT babelink)

Who says that's off topic? We have a minimum daily requirement for that and it
hasn't been met lately.

--
tanx,
Howard

Never take a tenant with a monkey.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Howard Kveck
July 9th 06, 03:53 PM
In article >,
Ryan Cousineau > wrote:

> In article om>,
> "RicodJour" > wrote:

> > http://heresjosh.blogspot.com/tiffany_amber_thiessen3.jpg
> > {I wonder if Howard will forgive me for the OT babelink)
> > Apparently her brother Todd is a pro cyclist. She dated Mark when they
> > were, um, famous and her brother probably got him interested in the
> > sport.
>
> Great jumping frijoles!
>
> Howard can have that babe link when he pries it from my cold, dead hands.

Hey, you keep your hands away from me after you've been looking at that link, you.

--
tanx,
Howard

Never take a tenant with a monkey.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

ronaldo_jeremiah
July 9th 06, 07:32 PM
Ryan Cousineau wrote:
> Aside from making fun of Mark-Paul "Zak from Saved by the Bell"
> Gosselaar at the start of this year, I have more or less forgotten about
> him.
>
> In a year when I'm struggling to get down to race weight and up to
> sprint speed, he's catted up from 4 to 3:
>
> http://www.cadenceparkpre.com/results.htm
>
> On the other hand, he is Dutch, so, you know...
>
> --
> Ryan Cousineau http://www.wiredcola.com/
> "I don't want kids who are thinking about going into mathematics
> to think that they have to take drugs to succeed." -Paul Erdos

http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/default.asp?pg=fullstory&id=3769

-RJ

ronaldo_jeremiah
July 9th 06, 07:33 PM

> http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/default.asp?pg=fullstory&id=3769
>
> -RJ

I forgot to mention - hit the link to see his liquor cabinet.
LiveDrunk indeed......

-RJ

Ewoud Dronkert
July 9th 06, 08:20 PM
ronaldo_jeremiah schreef:
>> http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/default.asp?pg=fullstory&id=3769
>
> I forgot to mention - hit the link to see his liquor cabinet.
> LiveDrunk indeed......

That was precisely why Ryan first posted about him. The man's his hero.

--
E. Dronkert

Ryan Cousineau
July 9th 06, 10:03 PM
In article >,
Ewoud Dronkert > wrote:

> ronaldo_jeremiah schreef:
> >> http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/default.asp?pg=fullstory&id=3769
> >
> > I forgot to mention - hit the link to see his liquor cabinet.
> > LiveDrunk indeed......
>
> That was precisely why Ryan first posted about him. The man's his hero.

Thanks for the reminder. I forgot about Zak's liquor cabinet. I found
the original thread here:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/browse_thread/thread/5
b21344a59e2aeac/fddb75d7e3ee4543?q=Mark+livedrunk&rnum=3#fddb75d7e3ee4543

Still impressed,

ronaldo_jeremiah
July 9th 06, 10:41 PM
Ryan Cousineau wrote:
> In article >,
> Ewoud Dronkert > wrote:

> > > I forgot to mention - hit the link to see his liquor cabinet.
> > > LiveDrunk indeed......
> >
> > That was precisely why Ryan first posted about him. The man's his hero.
>
> Thanks for the reminder. I forgot about Zak's liquor cabinet. I found
> the original thread here:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/browse_thread/thread/5
> b21344a59e2aeac/fddb75d7e3ee4543?q=Mark+livedrunk&rnum=3#fddb75d7e3ee4543
>
> Still impressed,
>
> --
> Ryan Cousineau http://www.wiredcola.com/
> "I don't want kids who are thinking about going into mathematics
> to think that they have to take drugs to succeed." -Paul Erdos

Yeah, after Ewoud mentioned it I seemed to recall we had been there
before.

Which is visual image contained in this thread is more impressive -
Tiffany, or The Cabinet?

-RJ

RicodJour
July 9th 06, 10:44 PM
ronaldo_jeremiah wrote:

> Yeah, after Ewoud mentioned it I seemed to recall we had been there
> before.
>
> Which is visual image contained in this thread is more impressive -
> Tiffany, or The Cabinet?

Trick question. The face of an angel with a body built for sin vs. a
**** load of alcohol. Well, considering I'd probably need the second
to get the first, do I have to make a choice?

Curtis L. Russell
July 10th 06, 02:56 PM
On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 00:11:42 GMT, Ryan Cousineau >
wrote:

>No contest: women as pretty as Amber-Thiessen are freakishly common in
>LA, and have a half-life of about 10 years. Liquor cabinets as good as
>Zak-Paul's are rare, and that thing will look just as nice in a hundred
>years.

A good bar can be as high maintenance as Ms. Theissen. OTOH, it won't
leave you just because you filled the frig with Miller Lite. It
should, but it won't. (Then there is the philosophical question,
speaking from the LiveDrunk ethos - can a bar have a frig (assuming
only one) filled with Miller Lite and still be a good bar?)

Curtis L. Russell
The Bud horses aren't transportation, they're back up suppliers. Only
possible explanation for what they have in the bottles.

RicodJour
July 10th 06, 05:12 PM
Curtis L. Russell wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 00:11:42 GMT, Ryan Cousineau >
> wrote:
>
> >No contest: women as pretty as Amber-Thiessen are freakishly common in
> >LA, and have a half-life of about 10 years. Liquor cabinets as good as
> >Zak-Paul's are rare, and that thing will look just as nice in a hundred
> >years.
>
> A good bar can be as high maintenance as Ms. Theissen. OTOH, it won't
> leave you just because you filled the frig with Miller Lite. It
> should, but it won't. (Then there is the philosophical question,
> speaking from the LiveDrunk ethos - can a bar have a frig (assuming
> only one) filled with Miller Lite and still be a good bar?)

http://www.answers.com/main/ntquery?s=frig&gwp=16

Curtis L. Russell
July 10th 06, 05:28 PM
On 10 Jul 2006 09:12:38 -0700, "RicodJour" >
wrote:

>Curtis L. Russell wrote:
>> On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 00:11:42 GMT, Ryan Cousineau >
>> wrote:
>>
>> >No contest: women as pretty as Amber-Thiessen are freakishly common in
>> >LA, and have a half-life of about 10 years. Liquor cabinets as good as
>> >Zak-Paul's are rare, and that thing will look just as nice in a hundred
>> >years.
>>
>> A good bar can be as high maintenance as Ms. Theissen. OTOH, it won't
>> leave you just because you filled the frig with Miller Lite. It
>> should, but it won't. (Then there is the philosophical question,
>> speaking from the LiveDrunk ethos - can a bar have a frig (assuming
>> only one) filled with Miller Lite and still be a good bar?)
>
>http://www.answers.com/main/ntquery?s=frig&gwp=16

It may only be on rbr that GE and Sears are associated with a sex act,
all linked by beer.
Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

Ryan Cousineau
July 11th 06, 03:01 AM
In article >,
Curtis L. Russell > wrote:

> On 10 Jul 2006 09:12:38 -0700, "RicodJour" >
> wrote:
>
> >Curtis L. Russell wrote:

> >> A good bar can be as high maintenance as Ms. Theissen. OTOH, it won't
> >> leave you just because you filled the frig with Miller Lite. It
> >> should, but it won't. (Then there is the philosophical question,
> >> speaking from the LiveDrunk ethos - can a bar have a frig (assuming
> >> only one) filled with Miller Lite and still be a good bar?)

Beer is like pizza. There's good pizza, and there's great pizza, but
there's no such thing as bad pizza*.

> >http://www.answers.com/main/ntquery?s=frig&gwp=16

Tap into a cold one.

> It may only be on rbr that GE and Sears are associated with a sex act,
> all linked by beer.

I prefer frou-frou boutique beers, but this thread is making me thirsty.

*Technically not true, as I've heard some horror stories about English
interpretations of this dish, but let's just say you have to go pretty
far down the beer and pizza bell-curve tails before you start leaving
either one on the table.

Howard Kveck
July 11th 06, 04:53 AM
In article >,
Ryan Cousineau > wrote:

> *Technically not true, as I've heard some horror stories about English
> interpretations of this dish, but let's just say you have to go pretty
> far down the beer and pizza bell-curve tails before you start leaving
> either one on the table.

Hmm, what about the pizza in Japan: Gorgeous Salmon, Sea Urchin Glory, and Queen
of Crab & Shrimp. Or tuna, mayonnaise and corn pizza.

--
tanx,
Howard

Never take a tenant with a monkey.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Ryan Cousineau
July 11th 06, 07:02 AM
In article >,
Howard Kveck > wrote:

> In article >,
> Ryan Cousineau > wrote:
>
> > *Technically not true, as I've heard some horror stories about English
> > interpretations of this dish, but let's just say you have to go pretty
> > far down the beer and pizza bell-curve tails before you start leaving
> > either one on the table.
>
> Hmm, what about the pizza in Japan: Gorgeous Salmon, Sea Urchin Glory, and
> Queen
> of Crab & Shrimp. Or tuna, mayonnaise and corn pizza.

Maybe it's me, but that stuff sounds good.

That said, in my city okonomoyaki is the sort of thing you can get at
the food fair in the Aberdeen Centre mall. English pizza is considerably
more exotic and distant.

Donald Munro
July 11th 06, 09:27 AM
Ryan Cousineau wrote:
> That said, in my city okonomoyaki is the sort of thing you can get at
> the food fair in the Aberdeen Centre mall. English pizza is considerably
> more exotic and distant.

Like warm english beer.

Curtis L. Russell
July 11th 06, 02:16 PM
On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 02:01:04 GMT, Ryan Cousineau >
wrote:

>Beer is like pizza. There's good pizza, and there's great pizza, but
>there's no such thing as bad pizza*.

We'll just have to disagree here. OTOH, I haven't been really
desperate in years (Rips in Bowie, MD has reasonably priced good beers
- I recommend them as a starter), but I do remember Thailand, where
the choices were beers off the barges after a couple of months of fun
in the sun, or formaldehyde laced local stuff (to kill the swimming
stuff) - after awhile, you went with choice three, which was the local
stuff sans formaldehyde, and with the entertainment of this kind of
odd, near animal life forms swimming around when you held the beer up
to the light.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

Ryan Cousineau
July 11th 06, 04:54 PM
In article >,
Donald Munro > wrote:

> Ryan Cousineau wrote:
> > That said, in my city okonomoyaki is the sort of thing you can get at
> > the food fair in the Aberdeen Centre mall. English pizza is considerably
> > more exotic and distant.
>
> Like warm english beer.

The global proliferation of the Irish pub has meant that warm English
beer or a good approximation is available the world 'round.

Of the four bars nearest my house, one is nautical-themed, one is
railroad-themed, and two are Irish-themed.

It would take some effort to find really obscure English or Belgian
beers around here, but I can get a wide variety of canned and bottled
brews (notably Bellevue Kriek, a cherry lambic of modest reputation) at
the liquor store.

On tap. aside from Guiness and (probably) warm english beer around town,
there are many thriving microbreweries and brew-pubs that do
english-style brews. YOu can't throw a rock in this town without hitting
an India pale ale.

William Asher
July 11th 06, 06:21 PM
Ryan Cousineau wrote:

<snip>
> YOu can't throw a rock in this town without
> hitting an India pale ale.

Why are you throwing rocks at beer? Go say 100 "Hail Mary's," apologize
to the beer, and don't come back until you have redeemed yourself.

--
Bill Asher

RicodJour
July 11th 06, 06:28 PM
William Asher wrote:
> Ryan Cousineau wrote:
>
> <snip>
> > YOu can't throw a rock in this town without
> > hitting an India pale ale.
> >

> Why are you throwing rocks at beer? Go say 100 "Hail Mary's," apologize
> to the beer, and don't come back until you have redeemed yourself.

You can redeem the bottles, you can't redeem yourself.

kleutervreter
July 12th 06, 04:57 PM
> No contest: women as pretty as Amber-Thiessen are freakishly common in
> LA, and have a half-life of about 10 years.

So is LA Cancer Capitol or something?

> Liquor cabinets as good as
> Zak-Paul's are rare, and that thing will look just as nice in a hundred
> years.

Ryan Cousineau
July 13th 06, 02:37 AM
In article . com>,
"kleutervreter" > wrote:

> > No contest: women as pretty as Amber-Thiessen are freakishly common in
> > LA, and have a half-life of about 10 years.
>
> So is LA Cancer Capitol or something?

The women last longer than 10 years, but the "pretty as Amber-Thiessen"
part does not.

I'm not saying older women are without their qualities: I intend to be
married to one in due time. But pretending that beauty doesn't fade is
just making stuff up. Guys get ugly with age, too.

Not that shallow, not that deluded,

> > Liquor cabinets as good as
> > Zak-Paul's are rare, and that thing will look just as nice in a hundred
> > years.

Carl Sundquist
July 13th 06, 03:25 AM
"Ryan Cousineau" > wrote in message

> I'm not saying older women are without their qualities: I intend to be
> married to one in due time. But pretending that beauty doesn't fade is
> just making stuff up. Guys get ugly with age, too.

Guys don't seem to get "ugly" with age as rapidly as women. Like Flavio
Briatore and Hugh Hefner.

Bob Martin
July 13th 06, 08:02 AM
in 513488 20060713 023717 Ryan Cousineau > wrote:

>. Guys get ugly with age, too.

Cary Grant just got better and better looking!
He was quite geeky when young.

Ryan Cousineau
July 13th 06, 08:29 AM
In article . com>,
wrote:

> Ryan Cousineau wrote:
>
> > The women last longer than 10 years, but the "pretty as Amber-Thiessen"
> > part does not.
>
> Dude you have a man crush on Zak-Paul Gossamer.

No, I have a crush on his _bar_. The thing I have for Zak-Paul is
strictly platonic.

> Did you know he also races motocross. Just throwin
> that out there.

I don't get it. Is this a rollerblading joke? Do you know about my
motorcycling history?

> At least it's not Screech.

Er.

Simon Brooke
July 13th 06, 08:39 AM
in message >, Ryan
Cousineau ') wrote:

> I'm not saying older women are without their qualities: I intend to be
> married to one in due time. But pretending that beauty doesn't fade is
> just making stuff up. Guys get ugly with age, too.

Nah. You just have to stick the portrait in the attic.

to err is human, to lisp divine
;; attributed to Kim Philby, oddly enough.

Simon Brooke
July 13th 06, 10:53 AM
in message >, Stu Fleming
') wrote:

> Bob Martin wrote:
>> in 513488 20060713 023717 Ryan Cousineau > wrote:
>>
>>>. Guys get ugly with age, too.
>>
>> Cary Grant just got better and better looking!
>> He was quite geeky when young.
>
> My great-aunt's sister used to be Cary Grant's housekeeper.

Err... hate to tell you this, but your great aunt's sister is either

(i) also your great aunt, or
(ii) your grandmother.

;; MS Windows: A thirty-two bit extension ... to a sixteen bit
;; patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a
;; four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that
;; can't stand one bit of competition -- anonymous

Stu Fleming
July 13th 06, 11:15 AM
Simon Brooke wrote:
> in message >, Stu Fleming
> ') wrote:
>

>>Bob Martin wrote:

>>>Cary Grant just got better and better looking!
>>>He was quite geeky when young.
>>
>>My great-aunt's sister used to be Cary Grant's housekeeper.
>

> Err... hate to tell you this, but your great aunt's sister is either
>
> (i) also your great aunt, or
> (ii) your grandmother.

Well, therein lies a tale. When I say "sister", I mean that in a way
that suggests that, although those branches of the family tree get
close, they don't actually join...

Carl Sundquist
July 13th 06, 01:23 PM
"Ryan Cousineau" > wrote in message

> I know what you mean, but let's just say that they're not getting dates
> on their looks, and leave it at that.
>
> And yes, I know Flavio used to date Heidi Klum. Of course, she left him
> for a younger man.

The Briatore/Hefner bit was meant tongue-in-cheek.

Donald Munro
July 13th 06, 04:54 PM

Simon Brooke wrote:
> Err... hate to tell you this, but your great aunt's sister is either
> (i) also your great aunt, or
> (ii) your grandmother.

Perhaps great-aunt is some kind of slang in new zealand.

Curtis L. Russell
July 13th 06, 04:57 PM
On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 10:53:35 +0100, Simon Brooke
> wrote:

>Err... hate to tell you this, but your great aunt's sister is either
>
>(i) also your great aunt, or
>(ii) your grandmother.

Err,...I think if someone marries my great uncle, she becomes my great
aunt, but her sister is still just her sister, least ways as far as
I'm concerned.

Evidently this isn't the case here, but it could be. I guess this is a
virtual reply to your comment.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...