PDA

View Full Version : Ullrich forced to cheat by Ris ?

Keith
July 10th 06, 12:13 AM
Here's a guess, but Ulrich knowing Riis as he does, he must have been
privvy to his 60% reputation in '96, he must have known he had/was
going to prepare Basso to the "max" he thought he had to go out what
he did, getting Pevenage to work with Fuentes. Just a guess.

Keith
July 10th 06, 12:50 AM
On Sun, 09 Jul 2006 23:13:41 GMT, Keith > wrote:

>Here's a guess, but Ulrich knowing Riis as he does, he must have been
>privvy to his 60% reputation in '96, he must have known he had/was
>going to prepare Basso to the "max" he thought he had to go out what
>he did, getting Pevenage to work with Fuentes. Just a guess.

He sure has some nerve !

From http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2006/jul06/jul10news

"Jan Ullrich's manager, Wolfgang Strohband, has given the T-Mobile
Team an ultimatum: "We've been waiting for a week now for a written
explanation from T-Mobile as to why Jan was suspended. We have now set
them a date for that," he told www.sport1.de. "

jerry in vermont
July 10th 06, 03:38 AM
Keith wrote:
> On Sun, 09 Jul 2006 23:13:41 GMT, Keith > wrote:
>
> >Here's a guess, but Ulrich knowing Riis as he does, he must have been
> >privvy to his 60% reputation in '96, he must have known he had/was
> >going to prepare Basso to the "max" he thought he had to go out what
> >he did, getting Pevenage to work with Fuentes. Just a guess.
>
> He sure has some nerve !
>
> From http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2006/jul06/jul10news
>
> "Jan Ullrich's manager, Wolfgang Strohband, has given the T-Mobile
> Team an ultimatum: "We've been waiting for a week now for a written
> explanation from T-Mobile as to why Jan was suspended. We have now set
> them a date for that," he told www.sport1.de. "

I think Pevenage is the dirty one and Jan is just a product of the
Eastern machine and is incapable or unwilling to think for himself.

I think Pevenage REALLY wanted to stick it to Goodefrote and win the
tour now that he is gone.

Answer this, does Jan strike anyone as a driven individual? Someone
driven enough to turn to doping to win? The guy makes bank getting
second, what more pressure can they put to bear on him? He seems to
care less, and good on him.

No, I think he was clean before, and Pevenage got to him and he just
let himself be led down the path. Pevanage should join Saiz in
sporting excile for life. That dude is just creepy.

RonSonic
July 10th 06, 03:56 AM
On 9 Jul 2006 19:38:25 -0700, "jerry in vermont" >
wrote:

>Keith wrote:
>> On Sun, 09 Jul 2006 23:13:41 GMT, Keith > wrote:
>>
>> >Here's a guess, but Ulrich knowing Riis as he does, he must have been
>> >privvy to his 60% reputation in '96, he must have known he had/was
>> >going to prepare Basso to the "max" he thought he had to go out what
>> >he did, getting Pevenage to work with Fuentes. Just a guess.
>>
>> He sure has some nerve !
>>
>> From http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2006/jul06/jul10news
>>
>> "Jan Ullrich's manager, Wolfgang Strohband, has given the T-Mobile
>> Team an ultimatum: "We've been waiting for a week now for a written
>> explanation from T-Mobile as to why Jan was suspended. We have now set
>> them a date for that," he told www.sport1.de. "
>
>I think Pevenage is the dirty one and Jan is just a product of the
>Eastern machine and is incapable or unwilling to think for himself.
>
>I think Pevenage REALLY wanted to stick it to Goodefrote and win the
>tour now that he is gone.
>
>Answer this, does Jan strike anyone as a driven individual? Someone
>driven enough to turn to doping to win? The guy makes bank getting
>second, what more pressure can they put to bear on him? He seems to
>care less, and good on him.

"Turn to doping to win?" You say that as if it were a big step for him. As you
point out, he started in the East German machine. He was probably doping from
day one. Whether he liked it or not.

It's a matter of public record that he'll ingest illegal substances just for an
entertaining evening, and even his harshest critics will acknowledge that Jan
considers racing a bike almost as important as having a good time.

>No, I think he was clean before, and Pevenage got to him and he just
>let himself be led down the path. Pevanage should join Saiz in
>sporting excile for life. That dude is just creepy.

I don't Pevenage and don't see any reason to disagree.

Ron

Hunter
July 10th 06, 05:16 AM
RonSonic wrote:

> >No, I think he was clean before, and Pevenage got to him and he just
> >let himself be led down the path. Pevanage should join Saiz in
> >sporting excile for life. That dude is just creepy.

Heh, I wrote a friend yesterday that maybe the big winner in
yesterday's TT was Walter Godefroot. (And I was a big basher of him.)

Bob Martin
July 10th 06, 08:13 AM
in 512832 20060710 035656 RonSonic > wrote:

>"Turn to doping to win?" You say that as if it were a big step for him. As you
>point out, he started in the East German machine. He was probably doping from
>day one. Whether he liked it or not.

Jan was only 15 when the wall came down. Of course the current TMO manager,
Olaf Ludwig, was an East German racer.

Keith
July 10th 06, 08:48 AM
On 9 Jul 2006 19:38:25 -0700, "jerry in vermont"
> wrote:

>Keith wrote:
>> On Sun, 09 Jul 2006 23:13:41 GMT, Keith > wrote:
>>
>> >Here's a guess, but Ulrich knowing Riis as he does, he must have been
>> >privvy to his 60% reputation in '96, he must have known he had/was
>> >going to prepare Basso to the "max" he thought he had to go out what
>> >he did, getting Pevenage to work with Fuentes. Just a guess.
>>
>> He sure has some nerve !
>>
>> From http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2006/jul06/jul10news
>>
>> "Jan Ullrich's manager, Wolfgang Strohband, has given the T-Mobile
>> Team an ultimatum: "We've been waiting for a week now for a written
>> explanation from T-Mobile as to why Jan was suspended. We have now set
>> them a date for that," he told www.sport1.de. "
>
>I think Pevenage is the dirty one and Jan is just a product of the
>Eastern machine and is incapable or unwilling to think for himself.

I thought about that too, but then it seems Ullrich was in Fuentes's
doping lists in late 2004 too and Godefrot was still there.

Bob Schwartz
July 10th 06, 12:26 PM
Keith wrote:
> Here's a guess, but Ulrich knowing Riis as he does, he must have been
> privvy to his 60% reputation in '96, he must have known he had/was
> going to prepare Basso to the "max" he thought he had to go out what
> he did, getting Pevenage to work with Fuentes. Just a guess.

Dumbass,

Q: What is the common thread between Ullrich, Riis, Basso, and
Hamilton?

A: Cecchini.

You guys can fill in the rest. Ask Laff for help if you need it.
Ullrich has been working with the 60% medical team longer than
anyone. Although if you count time as a DS then Riis still has
the longest tenure with Team 60%.

Bob Schwartz

RonSonic
July 10th 06, 01:56 PM
On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 07:13:34 GMT, Bob Martin > wrote:

>in 512832 20060710 035656 RonSonic > wrote:
>
>>"Turn to doping to win?" You say that as if it were a big step for him. As you
>>point out, he started in the East German machine. He was probably doping from
>>day one. Whether he liked it or not.
>
>Jan was only 15 when the wall came down. Of course the current TMO manager,
>Olaf Ludwig, was an East German racer.

What age did they start the kids on drugs there? Any of the female athletes
would certainly have been on steroids by 15. Same for the big muscle guys. Don't
know about the cyclists.

Ron

Mark
July 10th 06, 08:45 PM
RonSonic wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 07:13:34 GMT, Bob Martin > wrote:
>

>>in 512832 20060710 035656 RonSonic > wrote:
>>

>>>"Turn to doping to win?" You say that as if it were a big step for him. As you
>>>point out, he started in the East German machine. He was probably doping from
>>>day one. Whether he liked it or not.
>>
>>Jan was only 15 when the wall came down. Of course the current TMO manager,
>>Olaf Ludwig, was an East German racer.
>

> What age did they start the kids on drugs there? Any of the female athletes
> would certainly have been on steroids by 15. Same for the big muscle guys. Don't
> know about the cyclists.

Also, presumably, the East German "sports machine" continued for at
least a little while after the wall came down. It's hard to imagine
that no one showed up for work at the sports complexes the next
day/week/month.

Mark

Frank Drackman
July 10th 06, 11:26 PM
"Bob Schwartz" > wrote in message
. net...
> Keith wrote:
>> Here's a guess, but Ulrich knowing Riis as he does, he must have been
>> privvy to his 60% reputation in '96, he must have known he had/was
>> going to prepare Basso to the "max" he thought he had to go out what
>> he did, getting Pevenage to work with Fuentes. Just a guess.
>
> Dumbass,
>
> Q: What is the common thread between Ullrich, Riis, Basso, and
> Hamilton?
>
> A: Cecchini.
>
> You guys can fill in the rest. Ask Laff for help if you need it.
> Ullrich has been working with the 60% medical team longer than
> anyone. Although if you count time as a DS then Riis still has
> the longest tenure with Team 60%.

Remember when Hamilton went to Phonak and Riis was still his "coach"?

Tuschinski
July 11th 06, 11:18 AM
> Q: What is the common thread between Ullrich, Riis, Basso, and
> Hamilton?
>
> A: Cecchini.

I'll finetune it for you:

RIIS himself is a common factor.

> You guys can fill in the rest. Ask Laff for help if you need it.
> Ullrich has been working with the 60% medical team longer than
> anyone. Although if you count time as a DS then Riis still has
> the longest tenure with Team 60%.
>
> Bob Schwartz

Anyone who has been following cycling the last 15 years knows what's
going on... and if anything it shows the corruption in the UCI. Anyone
in his right mind would close down CSC, Phonak, T-Mobile due to
recurring fraud.

Phonak in itself is mind boggling, every GC contender is caught blood
doping, except Landis who is as clean as a whistle *snicker*.

Carl Sundquist
July 11th 06, 12:45 PM
"Tuschinski" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> Anyone who has been following cycling the last 15 years knows what's
> going on... and if anything it shows the corruption in the UCI. Anyone
> in his right mind would close down CSC, Phonak, T-Mobile due to
> recurring fraud.
>
> Phonak in itself is mind boggling, every GC contender is caught blood
> doping, except Landis who is as clean as a whistle *snicker*.

Somebody forgot to tell his femur.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home