PDA

View Full Version : Millar Line Rest Day 1: yr humble servant is a dumbass

Ryan John Cousineau
July 10th 06, 08:42 PM
So, how does everyone feel about the quality of today's rest day? I think
Millar is resting wonderfully, and therefore will assume that everyone is
clean today.

True story: I haven't been looking forward on the Tour sked very
attentively, so I was (as is my habit) watching a bit of OLN's tour
coverage on TV this morning, and was excited to find out how the stage
turned out once I got to work.

I was genuinely surprised to find out that it was a repeat.

So, shall we look forward? I've already staked a semi-prediction that Count
Floyd will go all the way, and now I have a new reason: it would be in
keeping with the tradition of previous American GC champions:

-Greg won the tour with only one lung
-Lance won the tour with only one nut
-Floyd could be the first man to win the tour with only one hip

What's with these accursed and gimpy GC riders? I half expect that Hincapie
will finally make the leap to GC racer after a freak farming accident
shears his head off, but he somehow survives. Zombie George Hincapie will
go on to show better in the mountains thanks to the loss of useless
upper-body mass, and Phil and Paul will comment on how much more tactical
acumen he seems to have post-accident. The podium girls won't like it so
much, though.

Meanwhile, I think the Gerolsteiner DS is looking for something he can
break on Levi Leipheimer's body....
--
Ryan Cousineau, , www.wiredcola.com
Democracy, whiskey, and sexy!

Howard Kveck
July 11th 06, 01:04 AM
In article >, (Ryan John Cousineau)
wrote:

> What's with these accursed and gimpy GC riders? I half expect that Hincapie
> will finally make the leap to GC racer after a freak farming accident
> shears his head off, but he somehow survives.

The plus to this is that sans head, he'll have no way the wear the dreaded
glasses.

--
tanx,
Howard

Never take a tenant with a monkey.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Ryan Cousineau
July 11th 06, 03:12 AM
In article >,
Howard Kveck > wrote:

> In article >, (Ryan John
> Cousineau)
> wrote:
>
> > What's with these accursed and gimpy GC riders? I half expect that Hincapie
> > will finally make the leap to GC racer after a freak farming accident
> > shears his head off, but he somehow survives.
>
> The plus to this is that sans head, he'll have no way the wear the dreaded
> glasses.

Hey yeah! I never thought of that. Plus, I bet his TT performance
improves.

Is there any downside?

Tom Kunich
July 11th 06, 03:36 AM
"Ryan Cousineau" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> Howard Kveck > wrote:
>
>> In article >, (Ryan John
>> Cousineau)
>> wrote:
>>
>> > What's with these accursed and gimpy GC riders? I half expect that
>> > Hincapie
>> > will finally make the leap to GC racer after a freak farming accident
>> > shears his head off, but he somehow survives.
>>
>> The plus to this is that sans head, he'll have no way the wear the
>> dreaded
>> glasses.
>
> Hey yeah! I never thought of that. Plus, I bet his TT performance
> improves.
>
> Is there any downside?

Well, with another winning rider Laff@me will have another person to accuse
of doping?

Bob Schwartz
July 11th 06, 03:58 AM
Ryan Cousineau wrote:
> In article >,
> Howard Kveck > wrote:
>> The plus to this is that sans head, he'll have no way the wear the dreaded
>> glasses.
>
> Hey yeah! I never thought of that. Plus, I bet his TT performance
> improves.
>
> Is there any downside?

http://www.cvccbike.com/5598590.Interbike_hincapie.jpg

We still have the gay shoes.

Bob "With apologies to Sabine Dukes" Schwartz

wimpyVO2
July 11th 06, 04:47 AM
Ryan John Cousineau wrote:

> So, shall we look forward? I've already staked a semi-prediction that Count
> Floyd will go all the way, and now I have a new reason: it would be in
> keeping with the tradition of previous American GC champions:
>
> -Greg won the tour with only one lung
> -Lance won the tour with only one nut
> -Floyd could be the first man to win the tour with only one hip
>
> What's with these accursed and gimpy GC riders? I half expect that Hincapie
> will finally make the leap to GC racer after a freak farming accident
> shears his head off, but he somehow survives. Zombie George Hincapie will
> go on to show better in the mountains thanks to the loss of useless
> upper-body mass, and Phil and Paul will comment on how much more tactical
> acumen he seems to have post-accident. The podium girls won't like it so
> much, though.

LOL, absolutely hilarious... POTM. I laughed so much that I,
wimpyVO2max, am left gasping for air. Again.

Dan Becker
July 11th 06, 05:28 AM
In article >, Ryan
Cousineau > wrote:

> In article >,
> Howard Kveck > wrote:
>
> > In article >, (Ryan John
> > Cousineau)
> > wrote:
> >
> > > What's with these accursed and gimpy GC riders? I half expect that
> > > Hincapie
> > > will finally make the leap to GC racer after a freak farming accident
> > > shears his head off, but he somehow survives.
> >
> > The plus to this is that sans head, he'll have no way the wear the
> > dreaded
> > glasses.
>
> Hey yeah! I never thought of that. Plus, I bet his TT performance
> improves.
>
> Is there any downside?

He'll still have to wear the helmet. "All helmets, all the time." The
downside is having to watch Frank and Tom and Bill go at it.

Dan

July 11th 06, 08:18 AM
Bob Schwartz wrote:
> Ryan Cousineau wrote:

> > Is there any downside?
>
> http://www.cvccbike.com/5598590.Interbike_hincapie.jpg
>
> We still have the gay shoes.
>
> Bob "With apologies to Sabine Dukes" Schwartz

http://grahamwatson.com/gw/imagedocs.nsf/photos/06tdfSt3-003000

Simon Brooke
July 11th 06, 09:21 AM
in message >, Ryan
Cousineau ') wrote:

> In article >,
> Howard Kveck > wrote:
>
>> In article >, (Ryan John
>> Cousineau)
>> wrote:
>>
>> > What's with these accursed and gimpy GC riders? I half expect that
>> > Hincapie will finally make the leap to GC racer after a freak
>> > farming accident shears his head off, but he somehow survives.
>>
>> The plus to this is that sans head, he'll have no way the wear the
>> dreaded
>> glasses.
>
> Hey yeah! I never thought of that. Plus, I bet his TT performance
> improves.
>
> Is there any downside?

Where will he wear his (compulsory) helmet?

Tony Blair's epitaph, #1: Tony Blair lies here.
Tony Blair's epitaph, #2: Trust me.

Michael Press
July 11th 06, 07:54 PM
In article
Bob Schwartz > wrote:

> Ryan Cousineau wrote:
> > In article >,
> > Howard Kveck > wrote:
> >> The plus to this is that sans head, he'll have no way the wear the dreaded
> >> glasses.
> >
> > Hey yeah! I never thought of that. Plus, I bet his TT performance
> > improves.
> >
> > Is there any downside?
>
> http://www.cvccbike.com/5598590.Interbike_hincapie.jpg

What a _darling_ bracelet.

--
Michael Press

Michael Press
July 11th 06, 07:56 PM
In article
m>,
" > wrote:

> Bob Schwartz wrote:
> > Ryan Cousineau wrote:
>
> > > Is there any downside?
> >
> > http://www.cvccbike.com/5598590.Interbike_hincapie.jpg
> >
> > We still have the gay shoes.
> >
> > Bob "With apologies to Sabine Dukes" Schwartz
>
> http://grahamwatson.com/gw/imagedocs.nsf/photos/06tdfSt3-003000

-- Hey, I'm only getting a launch.

--
Michael Press