PDA

View Full Version : Proof Hampsten was Clean

Tom Kunich
July 11th 06, 04:11 AM
http://www.bikebiz.co.uk/daily-news/article.php?id=4431

No one that EVER used any kind of dope would EVER think that giving the
facts to a bunch of racers wouldn't be the same thing as giving them
instructions on how to dope.

If Andy really wants to start such a site there's no doubt that he is a
complete and utter square who never even drank a glass of wine.

Frank Drackman
July 11th 06, 05:47 AM
"Tom Kunich" > wrote in message
nk.net...
> http://www.bikebiz.co.uk/daily-news/article.php?id=4431
>
> No one that EVER used any kind of dope would EVER think that giving the
> facts to a bunch of racers wouldn't be the same thing as giving them
> instructions on how to dope.
>
> If Andy really wants to start such a site there's no doubt that he is a
> complete and utter square who never even drank a glass of wine.

There was some interesting stuff in the article. One section stuck out;

"Investigators from N.A.S. the Italian drug squad are reported by La
Repubblica newspaper to have questioned Simeoni about the incident in stage
18 of the Tour when Armstrong chased down an attack by the Italian rider.

The investigators are said to be considering filing charges against
Armstrong for sporting fraud, violence, and intimidation of a witness."

I thought that the Simeoni - Armstrong incident was over with?

July 11th 06, 05:54 AM
Frank Drackman wrote:
> "Tom Kunich" > wrote in message
> nk.net...
> > http://www.bikebiz.co.uk/daily-news/article.php?id=4431
> >
> > No one that EVER used any kind of dope would EVER think that giving the
> > facts to a bunch of racers wouldn't be the same thing as giving them
> > instructions on how to dope.
> >
> > If Andy really wants to start such a site there's no doubt that he is a
> > complete and utter square who never even drank a glass of wine.
> >

> There was some interesting stuff in the article. One section stuck out;
>
> "Investigators from N.A.S. the Italian drug squad are reported by La
> Repubblica newspaper to have questioned Simeoni about the incident in stage
> 18 of the Tour when Armstrong chased down an attack by the Italian rider.
>
> The investigators are said to be considering filing charges against
> Armstrong for sporting fraud, violence, and intimidation of a witness."
>
> I thought that the Simeoni - Armstrong incident was over with?

it's pay per click advertising income. they think they can grab LA in
to gain some legitimacy to their little scheme, do some TV interviews,
commentary etc. all just to try to make a few bucks to help replace
what they've squandered away already.

July 11th 06, 06:40 AM
Frank Drackman wrote:
> "Tom Kunich" > wrote:
> > http://www.bikebiz.co.uk/daily-news/article.php?id=4431
> >
> > No one that EVER used any kind of dope would EVER think that giving the
> > facts to a bunch of racers wouldn't be the same thing as giving them
> > instructions on how to dope.
> >
> > If Andy really wants to start such a site there's no doubt that he is a
> > complete and utter square who never even drank a glass of wine.
>
> There was some interesting stuff in the article. One section stuck out;
>
> "Investigators from N.A.S. the Italian drug squad are reported by La
> Repubblica newspaper to have questioned Simeoni about the incident in stage
> 18 of the Tour when Armstrong chased down an attack by the Italian rider.
>
> The investigators are said to be considering filing charges against
> Armstrong for sporting fraud, violence, and intimidation of a witness."
>
> I thought that the Simeoni - Armstrong incident was over with?

Dude,

The article Koach Kunich pointed you to is from July 2004.

As you can see, Greg's really been taking the fight
to the dopers since then. He's got them on the run now.

Steven L. Sheffield
July 11th 06, 01:19 PM
On 7/10/06 10:47 PM, in article
, "Frank Drackman"
> wrote:

> There was some interesting stuff in the article. One section stuck out;
>
> "Investigators from N.A.S. the Italian drug squad are reported by La
> Repubblica newspaper to have questioned Simeoni about the incident in stage
> 18 of the Tour when Armstrong chased down an attack by the Italian rider.
>
> The investigators are said to be considering filing charges against
> Armstrong for sporting fraud, violence, and intimidation of a witness."
>
> I thought that the Simeoni - Armstrong incident was over with?

Check the date of the article ... Right up there at the very top.

ronaldo_jeremiah
July 11th 06, 04:08 PM
Tom Kunich wrote:

> If Andy really wants to start such a site there's no doubt that he is a
> complete and utter square who never even drank a glass of wine.

Which is funny, cause he owns a vineyard.

-RJ

Razorback
July 11th 06, 05:37 PM
It's impossible for Hampsten to prove his innocence. Even if he tests
clean every time, others will say "that just means he got away with
it." For this reason, I believe everyone is innocent until proven
guilty. It's unfair to make Hampsten (or Indurain or Armstrong) prove
his innocence.

Even if Lance had a video camera trained on him 24/7, LeMond would come
back and say "I saw you whisper to that guy, he must have spiked your
drink with EPO." This crap never ends because you people won't let it.
Stop convicting people in the press.

Frank Drackman
July 11th 06, 09:40 PM
> wrote in message
ups.com...
> Frank Drackman wrote:
>> "Tom Kunich" > wrote:
>> > http://www.bikebiz.co.uk/daily-news/article.php?id=4431
>> >
>> > No one that EVER used any kind of dope would EVER think that giving the
>> > facts to a bunch of racers wouldn't be the same thing as giving them
>> > instructions on how to dope.
>> >
>> > If Andy really wants to start such a site there's no doubt that he is a
>> > complete and utter square who never even drank a glass of wine.
>>
>> There was some interesting stuff in the article. One section stuck out;
>>
>> "Investigators from N.A.S. the Italian drug squad are reported by La
>> Repubblica newspaper to have questioned Simeoni about the incident in
>> stage
>> 18 of the Tour when Armstrong chased down an attack by the Italian rider.
>>
>> The investigators are said to be considering filing charges against
>> Armstrong for sporting fraud, violence, and intimidation of a witness."
>>
>> I thought that the Simeoni - Armstrong incident was over with?
>
> Dude,
>
> The article Koach Kunich pointed you to is from July 2004.
>
> As you can see, Greg's really been taking the fight
> to the dopers since then. He's got them on the run now.

I guess that I should have looked at the source...

Howard Kveck
July 12th 06, 04:07 AM
In article om>,
"ronaldo_jeremiah" > wrote:

> Tom Kunich wrote:
>
> > If Andy really wants to start such a site there's no doubt that he is a
> > complete and utter square who never even drank a glass of wine.
>
> Which is funny, cause he owns a vineyard.

Well, I'd think that the best sort of dealer doesn't use his own product. But I
seriously doubt that this is one of those cases.

--
tanx,
Howard

Never take a tenant with a monkey.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Tom Kunich
July 13th 06, 12:26 AM
"Frank Drackman" > wrote in message
. ..

> > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>> Frank Drackman wrote:

>>> There was some interesting stuff in the article. One section stuck
>>> out;
>>>
>>> "Investigators from N.A.S. the Italian drug squad are reported by La
>>> Repubblica newspaper to have questioned Simeoni about the incident in
>>> stage
>>> 18 of the Tour when Armstrong chased down an attack by the Italian
>>> rider.
>>>
>>> The investigators are said to be considering filing charges against
>>> Armstrong for sporting fraud, violence, and intimidation of a witness."
>>>
>>> I thought that the Simeoni - Armstrong incident was over with?
>>
>> Dude,
>>
>> The article Koach Kunich pointed you to is from July 2004.
>>
>> As you can see, Greg's really been taking the fight
>> to the dopers since then. He's got them on the run now.
>
> I guess that I should have looked at the source...

Or maybe you COULD have addressed the subject. But I really didn't think
there was enough brains in the bunch to understand what was being said
anyway.

Tom Kunich
July 16th 06, 03:40 AM
"Razorback" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> It's impossible for Hampsten to prove his innocence. Even if he tests
> clean every time, others will say "that just means he got away with
> it." For this reason, I believe everyone is innocent until proven
> guilty. It's unfair to make Hampsten (or Indurain or Armstrong) prove
> his innocence.
>
> Even if Lance had a video camera trained on him 24/7, LeMond would come
> back and say "I saw you whisper to that guy, he must have spiked your
> drink with EPO." This crap never ends because you people won't let it.
> Stop convicting people in the press.

What you're talking about here is "ethics" and Lafferty and company don't
have any.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home