PDA

View Full Version : John Kerry: cyclist

Doug Taylor
March 28th 04, 02:31 AM
http://www.bikebiz.co.uk/daily-news/article_print.php?id=3655

trg
March 28th 04, 05:40 PM
"A normal 10-minute descent turned into 45 minutes. Nearly everyone tumbled
repeatedly and often stopped to catch a breath. Even the agents struggled,
and a couple gave up and donned snowshoes for the final stretch. "

Great, just what we need, a president who can outdistance his Secret Service
detail.

Ken [NY) wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 20:31:38 -0500, "Doug Taylor"
> > mumbled incoherently:
>
> Kerry, his snowboard strapped to his back, hiked past 9,000 feet on
> Durrance Peak, then snowboarded down the mountain, taking repeated
> tumbles. Reporters counted six falls...
> http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1101562/posts
>

> Ken (NY)
> Chairman,
> Department Of Redundancy Department
> ___________________________________
> email:
> http://www.geocities.com/bluesguy68/email.htm
>
> "Age and treachery will always overcome
> youth and skill."
> -- unknown author
>
> Q: What the hardest thing about rollerblading?
> A: Telling your parents you're gay.
>
> spammers can send mail to

Mike Jacoubowsky
March 28th 04, 06:20 PM
> "A normal 10-minute descent turned into 45 minutes. Nearly everyone
tumbled
> repeatedly and often stopped to catch a breath. Even the agents struggled,
> and a couple gave up and donned snowshoes for the final stretch. "
>
> Great, just what we need, a president who can outdistance his Secret
Service
> detail.

The Secret Service can't possibly look forward to protecting a guy like
Kerry. First, he's 6'3" isn't he? Hardly the type to blend into a crowd;
I'm sure they'd much prefer somebody 5'8. Second, a cyclist? What are they
gonna do, hire all of Lance's guys after Lance retires?

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
http://www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

RkFast
March 28th 04, 08:58 PM

charles ramsey
March 28th 04, 10:20 PM
"Doug Taylor" > wrote in message >...
> http://www.bikebiz.co.uk/daily-news/article_print.php?id=3655

One of the disc wheel makers made the secret service some bullet proof
wheels but will they sell neat stuff like that to the public? No.

Carl Fogel
March 28th 04, 11:48 PM
"RkFast" > wrote in message >...

Dear R.K.,

Do you mean Victor F. or his pride and joy?

Lord, I'd be old enough to need botox for my
wrinkles by now if I weren't dead.

M. Shelley

JP
March 29th 04, 12:04 AM
Stop trying to change the subject.

Werehatrack
March 29th 04, 04:28 AM
On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 16:08:18 GMT, "Ken [NY)" > may
have said:

>On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 02:07:31 GMT, sittingduck
> mumbled incoherently:
>
>>"As soon as I step into the Oval Office, I will transform the White House
>>into a hub of inspiration and innovation and lead America on the great
>>endeavor of creating a cleaner and greener nation."
>
> His method of getting greener is by marrying rich women.

A venerable practice which, sadly, is accessible to far too few.

Q.
March 29th 04, 04:45 AM
"Doug Taylor" > wrote in message
> http://www.bikebiz.co.uk/daily-news/article_print.php?id=3655

Don't forget one former president ran for office as a governor on a pro gun
platform, and then changed his tune when president.

I'd love it if we did have a pro-cycling president but I'll believe it when
I see it. Too many favors to repay and too many ol' boys to appease ...

C.Q.C.

Ryan Cousineau
March 29th 04, 06:32 AM
In article >,
Werehatrack > wrote:

> On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 16:08:18 GMT, "Ken [NY)" > may
> have said:
>
> >On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 02:07:31 GMT, sittingduck
> > mumbled incoherently:
> >
> >>"As soon as I step into the Oval Office, I will transform the White House
> >>into a hub of inspiration and innovation and lead America on the great
> >>endeavor of creating a cleaner and greener nation."
> >
> > His method of getting greener is by marrying rich women.
>
> A venerable practice which, sadly, is accessible to far too few.

Darn right! If I was president, I would create a program to make women
rich, and then get them lined up with eligible bachelors.

And they'd get to honeymoon on Big Rock Candy Mountain,
--
Ryan Cousineau, http://www.sfu.ca/~rcousine/wiredcola/
President, Fabrizio Mazzoleni Fan Club

Harris
March 29th 04, 04:26 PM
In rec.bicycles.tech Mike Jacoubowsky > wrote:

> The Secret Service can't possibly look forward to protecting a guy like
> Kerry. First, he's 6'3" isn't he? Hardly the type to blend into a crowd;
> I'm sure they'd much prefer somebody 5'8.

Usually, the taller candidate usually wins:

Reagan over Carter
Clinton over Bush
Clinton over Dole
Gore over Bush...

Art Harris

David Reuteler
March 29th 04, 09:07 PM

all that's been done already. go here: http://www.sunvalley.com
--
david reuteler

Tim McNamara
March 29th 04, 11:36 PM
"RkFast" > writes:

John Kerry: Frankenstein vs Curious George W. Bush. The voters may
stay away in droves.

David Reuteler
March 30th 04, 01:24 AM
In rec.bicycles.tech Tim McNamara > wrote:

> "RkFast" > writes:
>
> John Kerry: Frankenstein vs Curious George W. Bush. The voters may
> stay away in droves.

may? if we're not lucky it'll be like the minnesota gubernatorial election
that landed us with jesse ventura. oh, boy. Humphrey vs. Coleman. who do
you suppose could sneak in as president?

gary coleman?
--
david reuteler

Mitch Haley
March 30th 04, 02:32 AM
"Q." wrote:

> Don't forget one former president ran for office as a governor on a pro gun
> platform, and then changed his tune when president.

Not to mention one current president.
BTW, Kerry has been an "avid participant" in every sport
imaginable, including hunting, for about a year now.
He just wants everybody to think he's "one of us".

Mitch.

Kyle.B.H
March 30th 04, 03:42 AM
"Q." <LostVideos-AT-hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "Doug Taylor" > wrote in message
> > http://www.bikebiz.co.uk/daily-news/article_print.php?id=3655
> >
> Don't forget one former president ran for office as a governor on a pro
gun
> platform, and then changed his tune when president.
>
> I'd love it if we did have a pro-cycling president but I'll believe it
when
> I see it. Too many favors to repay and too many ol' boys to appease ...

too many terrorists to kill....

I don't need my president thinking about cycling...

JP
March 30th 04, 04:48 PM
Tim McNamara > wrote in message >...
> "RkFast" > writes:
>
> John Kerry: Frankenstein vs Curious George W. Bush. The voters may
> stay away in droves.

That assumes that the voters are unable to make a decision based on
anything more substantive than the physical appearance of the
candidates. Sadly, for a significant and likely decisive portion of
the electorate, that's about where we're at.

Besided, I object to referring to our President as Curious George. I
don't think he's curious about anything.

JP

Appkiller
March 30th 04, 06:04 PM
<snip>
> Do you mean Victor F. or his pride and joy?
<snip>

I was thinking Skeletor (for those of you young enough for Thundarr
and the Barbarians).

App, who, despite Kerry's appearance, will vote against the
Bush/Cheney/Rove Triumvirate of Pure Evil again.

ajames54
March 30th 04, 06:19 PM
"Kyle.B.H" > wrote in message news:<B85ac.128138$1p.1747328@attbi_s54>...
> "Q." <LostVideos-AT-hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > "Doug Taylor" > wrote in message
> > > http://www.bikebiz.co.uk/daily-news/article_print.php?id=3655
> > >
> > Don't forget one former president ran for office as a governor on a pro
> gun
> > platform, and then changed his tune when president.
> >
> > I'd love it if we did have a pro-cycling president but I'll believe it
> when
> > I see it. Too many favors to repay and too many ol' boys to appease ...
>
> too many terrorists to kill....
>
> I don't need my president thinking about cycling...

Way to easy to comment here, so please award me the extra ponts for
keeping my mouth virtually shut.

onefred
March 31st 04, 05:09 AM
Re: John Kerry: Frankenstein

I know what you mean and glad that someone else can see it. Kerry's too
aloof, and yes, it's disturbing. Another Presidential election year with
two very undesirable candidates. I keep wondering where Nader stands on the
issues. Oh well, that's politics -- not bicycles.

trg
March 31st 04, 03:48 PM
onefred wrote:
> Re: John Kerry: Frankenstein
>

> I know what you mean and glad that someone else can see it. Kerry's
> too aloof, and yes, it's disturbing. Another Presidential election
> year with two very undesirable candidates. I keep wondering where
> Nader stands on the issues. Oh well, that's politics -- not bicycles.

Too aloof for what? You planning on inviting the next President to dinner?
Do you imagine Lincoln as a back-slapping bud? Think Washington was a
cut-up, that FDR liked to slip whoopie cushions under Stalin when he wasn't
looking atYalta just for yucks?

Why not look at what they've done, what they said they would do, and what
they say they will do. Leave the popularity contests to the highschoolers
and the Miss America Pageant.

JP
March 31st 04, 04:24 PM
"onefred" > wrote in message >...
> Re: John Kerry: Frankenstein
>

> I know what you mean and glad that someone else can see it. Kerry's too
> aloof, and yes, it's disturbing.

In what way, specifically, is John Kerry "aloof"? I mean, you have
some specifics, right? And of course, those specifics would
demonstrate how said aloofness is reflected in his views on public
policy.

> Another Presidential election year with
> two very undesirable candidates. I keep wondering where Nader stands on the
> issues.

Why do you care where he stands on the issues? I thought this was a
beauty contest, and Nader's not any prettier than Kerry or Bush, so
what's the point? Our country is in an endless war and headed for
economic ruin, so it's important that we elect a president who is cute
and fun to party with.

JP

onefred
April 9th 04, 05:04 PM
(JP) wrote in message >...
> "onefred" > wrote in message >...
> > Re: John Kerry: Frankenstein
> >

> > I know what you mean and glad that someone else can see it. Kerry's too
> > aloof, and yes, it's disturbing.
>
> In what way, specifically, is John Kerry "aloof"? I mean, you have
> some specifics, right? And of course, those specifics would
> demonstrate how said aloofness is reflected in his views on public
> policy.
>
> > Another Presidential election year with
> > two very undesirable candidates. I keep wondering where Nader stands on the
> > issues.
>
> Why do you care where he stands on the issues? I thought this was a
> beauty contest, and Nader's not any prettier than Kerry or Bush, so
> what's the point? Our country is in an endless war and headed for
> economic ruin, so it's important that we elect a president who is cute
> and fun to party with.
>
> JP

Hey JP,

Wouldn't it be funny if they each got exactly 33.33333333% of the
vote?

Ah hell, good luck to you and your candidate this Nov., be it Kerry,
Bush, Nadar, Arnold, Edwards, Juliani, Coleman, McCain, Hillary, The
Pope, Jesus Christ, Mel Gibson, or who ever else is being mentioned
these days.

Dave

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home