PDA

View Full Version : Re: Another Addition to My "Required Reading for the Entire Planet": Deffeyes, Kenneth S., Hubbert's Peak -- The Impending World Oil Shortage

Mike Vandeman
April 11th 04, 02:37 AM
On 10 Apr 2004 15:33:47 -0700, (djarvinen) wrote:

..Mike Vandeman > wrote in message >...
..> Deffeyes, Kenneth S., Hubbert's Peak -- The Impending World Oil Shortage.
..> Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press, 2001.
..> "In 1956, the geologist M. King Hubbert predicted that U.S. oil
..> production would peak in the early 1970s. Almost everyone, inside and outside
..> the oil industry, rejected Hubbert's analysis. The controversy raged until 1970,
..> when U.S. production of crude oil started to fall. Hubbert was right. Around
..> 1995, several analysts began applying Hubbert's method to world oil production,
..> and most of them estimate that the peak year for world oil will be between 2004
..> and 2008. These analyses were reported in some of the most widely circulated
..> sources: Nature, Science, and Scientific American.", p.1.
..> ===
..> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to
..> humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8
..> years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
..>
..> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
..
..Which of course proves that mountain biking is 'bad' because of all
..the oil pollution

Right. From your cars, pickups, & SUVs used to carry your bike to the trailhead.
Try telling the truth for a change.

--- er... I mean, because of the emissions--- no,
..wait... it's... uh... I know, don't tell me... because of the fruit
..snakes!
..
..I knew I would get it right if I just thought about it enough.
..
..DJ

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande