PDA

View Full Version : Bike size?

Chris Hansen
January 13th 04, 11:59 AM
Hello,

How do you figure out what size bike you need? How do you figure out
what size your bike is?

Thanks.

David Kerber
January 13th 04, 12:44 PM
In article >,
says...
> Hello,
>
> How do you figure out what size bike you need? How do you figure out
> what size your bike is?

Size is normally determined by leg length (not the same number as
inseam, though), and is measured by seat tube length from the center
of the bottom bracket (where the front sprockets are attached) to
either the top of the top tube, or the center of the top tube
depending on the manufacturer.

Most bikes are marked somewhere on them with the size, but you can
measure that distance as well.

My inseam is 32", and I usually (depending on the mfr) use a 56cm bike
(which is actually about 21.25").

--
Dave Kerber
Fight spam: remove the ns_ from the return address before replying!

jmk
January 13th 04, 01:17 PM
Chris,

I just go to my local bike shop and have them fit me to the right sized
bike. I'd suggest finding a good shop in your area that will do the same.
Once the bike is built, it may take about an hour (in my experience) to go
through the routine of being having the seat, stem, cleats and anything else
adjusted to your body size.

Good luck,
Jim

"Chris Hansen" > wrote in message
om...
> Hello,
>
> How do you figure out what size bike you need? How do you figure out
> what size your bike is?
>
> Thanks.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home