PDA

View Full Version : NPR Downplays Clear Channel DJ remarks

Paul Tepley
January 13th 04, 06:58 PM
Today, while listening to Morning Edition, NPR ran a short piece on
how Clear Channel is trying to improve its image regarding the remarks
of its DJs about BOTHERING cyclists. As what these DJs advocated was a
lot more than BOTHERING bicyclists, I wrote the following to NPR:

Your story about how Clear Channel was attempting to improve its image
because some of its DJs advocated bothering bicyclists was a
disservice to the truth and to the safety of bicycle riders. These
DJ's did not advocate BOTHERING bicyclists, they advocated actions
that could result in severe harm or death of human beings. These
actions included drivers swerving into cyclists, throwing things at
riders, honking, yelling, or passing and then slamming on their
brakes. Next time, don't downplay the truth.

If this bothers anybody else, I suggest contacting NPR and letting
them know.

Paul Tepley

Dan Cosley
January 13th 04, 08:02 PM
In article >, Paul Tepley wrote:
> Today, while listening to Morning Edition, NPR ran a short piece on
> how Clear Channel is trying to improve its image regarding the remarks
> of its DJs about BOTHERING cyclists. As what these DJs advocated was a
> lot more than BOTHERING bicyclists, I wrote the following to NPR:

Must be because the folks at NPR are all ****ing driver-apologist
conservative nazis. :)

-- Dan

--
Dan Cosley * http://www.cs.umn.edu/~cosley/)
GroupLens Research Lab, Univ of MN (http://movielens.umn.edu/ * 612.624.8372)

Rick Onanian
January 13th 04, 09:50 PM
On 13 Jan 2004 10:58:45 -0800, (Paul Tepley)
wrote:
<troll snipped>
Ah, another carefully selected cross-post list; it's missing
alt.fan.rush-limbaugh or some such, though.
--
Rick "Killfiling this thread: Now" Onanian

Tom Sherman
January 14th 04, 04:08 AM
Rick Onanian wrote:

> On 13 Jan 2004 10:58:45 -0800, (Paul Tepley)
> wrote:
> <troll snipped>
> Ah, another carefully selected cross-post list; it's missing
> alt.fan.rush-limbaugh or some such, though.
> --
> Rick "Killfiling this thread: Now" Onanian

Recumbents are bicycles too.

Tom Sherman - Quad Cities

Dennis P. Harris
January 14th 04, 09:08 AM
On 13 Jan 2004 10:58:45 -0800 in rec.bicycles.misc,
(Paul Tepley) wrote:

> Today, while listening to Morning Edition, NPR ran a short piece on
> how Clear Channel is trying to improve its image regarding the remarks
> of its DJs about BOTHERING cyclists. As what these DJs advocated was a
> lot more than BOTHERING bicyclists, I wrote the following to NPR:

are you certain it wasn't a LOCAL story? many stations drop
their local newscaster in and out during the morning broadcast.

it's not on the morning edition website for the past week...

Fritz M
January 14th 04, 04:22 PM
(Dennis P. Harris) wrote:

> are you certain it wasn't a LOCAL story?

I heard it on Colorado Public Radio. The story focused on Clear
Channel's attempts to clean up their image and briefly mentioned the
bike thing. I think the story segment was produced by KERA in Dallas.

RFM

Paul Tepley
January 15th 04, 05:56 AM
Rick, this wasn't a troll. I listen to Public Radio almost
exculsively. I once listened to Rush Limbaugh for 10 minutes before I
got sick.

I posted to both groups because this misrepresentation affects all
cyclists and I just don't like that anybody, including NPR, alters the
truth to make a sucky corporation like Clear Channel look better.

Rick Onanian > wrote in message >...
> On 13 Jan 2004 10:58:45 -0800, (Paul Tepley)
> wrote:
> <troll snipped>
> Ah, another carefully selected cross-post list; it's missing
> alt.fan.rush-limbaugh or some such, though.

litespeed74
February 3rd 04, 11:52 PM
(Paul Tepley) wrote in message >...
> Rick, this wasn't a troll. I listen to Public Radio almost
> exculsively. I once listened to Rush Limbaugh for 10 minutes before I
> got sick.
>
> I posted to both groups because this misrepresentation affects all
> cyclists and I just don't like that anybody, including NPR, alters the
> truth to make a sucky corporation like Clear Channel look better.
>
> Rick Onanian > wrote in message >...
> > On 13 Jan 2004 10:58:45 -0800, (Paul Tepley)
> > wrote:
> > <troll snipped>
> > Ah, another carefully selected cross-post list; it's missing
> > alt.fan.rush-limbaugh or some such, though.
Does anybody know how to contact Clear Channel to bitch at them about
how much they suck?

S o r n i
February 4th 04, 12:28 AM
litespeed74 wrote:
> Does anybody know how to contact Clear Channel to bitch at them about
> how much they suck?

If you have to ask then you don't have anything much to say.

Bill "sorry" S.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home