PDA

View Full Version : Troll posts to various cycling newsgroups

Alan Erskine
September 21st 06, 12:59 PM
By "Edward Dolan". These troll posts have been reported to:
along with full headers. I recommend all people who see "Edward Dolan's"
posts also email with similar complaints.

--
Alan Erskine

Edward Dolan
September 21st 06, 01:15 PM
"Alan Erskine" > wrote in message
> By "Edward Dolan". These troll posts have been reported to:
> along with full headers. I recommend all people who see "Edward Dolan's"
> posts also email with similar complaints.

Anyone can post to whatever newsgroup they want and say anything they want
within reason. But Alan is a net nanny who thinks he knows who can say what.
He should get on a moderated forum where others can censor him and those who
think like him.

We used to have a jerk like this on ARBR but he soon realized the futility
of trying to dictate who could say what.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Alan Erskine
September 21st 06, 05:55 PM
Complaints can also be sent to . Just in case this troll
has altered it's header information.
--
Alan Erskine

Edward Dolan
September 21st 06, 06:05 PM
"Alan Erskine" > wrote in message
> Complaints can also be sent to . Just in case this
> troll
> has altered it's header information.
> --
> Alan Erskine

If I were into trolling I assure you no one would ever be able to find me.
It would just be one proxy piled on top of another. No one could ever find
the most notorious troll ever to infest any newsgroup, Ed Gin. He knew every
trick in the book. I suspect this asshole Erskine also knows every trick in
the book since he is already blathering about headers. It is the one thing
that all trolls are expert in. Otherwise, they all tend to be brainless
idiots.

But I have taken note of how brainless Erskine is and I will be here for him
from now on.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

September 21st 06, 07:00 PM
Mr. Erskine, would you please cease harassing my friend Ed Dolan? I
really think a lot of him, and I dote on his every word. Thank you.
Triangular Fred

Ken C. M.
September 21st 06, 07:09 PM
wrote:
> Mr. Erskine, would you please cease harassing my friend Ed Dolan? I
> really think a lot of him, and I dote on his every word. Thank you.
> Triangular Fred

Well at least he has you for a friend!

Ken
--
Messengers and mountain bikers share a common chromosome. ~James Bethea

Edward Dolan
September 21st 06, 07:31 PM
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Mr. Erskine, would you please cease harassing my friend Ed Dolan? I
> really think a lot of him, and I dote on his every word. Thank you.
> Triangular Fred

Are you sure it is not Ms. Erskine? It is hard to believe this can be man
with balls. Maybe he is a castrato.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Resound
September 21st 06, 11:24 PM
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Mr. Erskine, would you please cease harassing my friend Ed Dolan? I
> really think a lot of him, and I dote on his every word. Thank you.
> Triangular Fred

Triangle Man! Have you resolved your differences with Person Man yet?

Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman
September 22nd 06, 01:11 AM
Mr. Ed Dolan the Grate wrote:

> If I were into trolling I assure you no one would ever be able to find me.
> It would just be one proxy piled on top of another. No one could ever find
> the most notorious troll ever to infest any newsgroup, Ed Gin....

Opinion stated as fact. Where is the definitive proof of the identity
of "Johnny NoCom"? [1].

Heck, I can think of several "Monkeys" who are much more obvious
candidates for being "Johnny NoCom" than Ed Gin.

[1] NoCom - fastest unfaired bike in the known universe.

--
Tom Sherman - Here, not there.

Bleve
September 22nd 06, 03:34 AM
Alan Erskine wrote:
> By "Edward Dolan". These troll posts have been reported to:
> along with full headers. I recommend all people who see "Edward Dolan's"
> posts also email with similar complaints.

Alan, you've been around for long enough to have learnt that USENET's
full of idiots, and the only way to get rid of them as individuals is
just to ignore them. Your rather lame attempts to get them kicked by
their ISPs etc is just giving them what they want, which is a reaction.

It's school holidays, it's always September somewhere, and there is an
infinate number of dickheads. Don't be one yourself by playing their
game. You *should* have learnt this by now.

JimmyMac
September 22nd 06, 03:38 AM
Edward Dolan wrote:
> "Alan Erskine" > wrote in message
> > By "Edward Dolan". These troll posts have been reported to:
> > along with full headers. I recommend all people who see "Edward Dolan's"
> > posts also email with similar complaints.
>
> Anyone can post to whatever newsgroup they want and say anything they want
> within reason.

Imperceptive, you often misinterpret much of what you read. Allow me
to suggest that you review your ISP's Terms of Agreement, Acceptable
Use Policy. You will discover that should your Usenet newsgroup
behavior be brought to their attention and should your ISP decide to
enforce their policy and take action, you will soon learn just how much
you opinions are valued in the real world.

> But Alan is a net nanny who thinks he knows who can say what.
> He should get on a moderated forum where others can censor him and those who
> think like him.
>
> We used to have a jerk like this on ARBR but he soon realized the futility
> of trying to dictate who could say what.

Don't be so hard on yourself Ed. Besides, unfortunately you're still
here.

Jim McNamara

> Regards,
>
> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
> aka
> Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

September 22nd 06, 05:54 AM
Edward Dolan wrote:
> "Alan Erskine" > wrote in message
> > By "Edward Dolan". These troll posts have been reported to:
> > along with full headers. I recommend all people who see "Edward Dolan's"
> > posts also email with similar complaints.
>
> Anyone can post to whatever newsgroup they want and say anything they want
> within reason. But Alan is a net nanny who thinks he knows who can say what.
> He should get on a moderated forum where others can censor him and those who
> think like him.
>
> We used to have a jerk like this on ARBR but he soon realized the futility
> of trying to dictate who could say what.

What do you me used to have??? You're still here. Say CInderella ...
if the shoe fits...

Jim McNamara

> Regards,
>
> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
> aka
> Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

Chris Neary
September 22nd 06, 06:25 AM
>Triangle Man! Have you resolved your differences with Person Man yet?

- 5 points for responding to notorous troll

+ 10 points for semi-obscure TMBG reference.

Well done.

<< followups set accordingly>>

Chris Neary

"We will teach our twisted speech to the young believers"
-- The Clash

Buck
September 22nd 06, 01:51 PM
Resound wrote:
> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > Mr. Erskine, would you please cease harassing my friend Ed Dolan? I
> > really think a lot of him, and I dote on his every word. Thank you.
> > Triangular Fred
> >

> Triangle Man! Have you resolved your differences with Person Man yet?

Be careful, Universe Man is watching.

I never thought I would see a post about TMBG here! HAH!

-Buck

Edward Dolan
September 27th 06, 03:32 PM
"JimmyMac" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Edward Dolan wrote:
[...]
>> Anyone can post to whatever newsgroup they want and say anything they
>> want
>> within reason.
>
> Imperceptive, you often misinterpret much of what you read. Allow me
> to suggest that you review your ISP's Terms of Agreement, Acceptable
> Use Policy. You will discover that should your Usenet newsgroup
> behavior be brought to their attention and should your ISP decide to
> enforce their policy and take action, you will soon learn just how much
> you opinions are valued in the real world.

All anyone has to do is read what goes on on any newsgroup. I can't think of
anything that is not acceptable. Most trolls are just spammers - but the
defining characteristic of all trolls is their idiocy. I have never known a
troll who was not an idiot. The only thing more pathetic than a troll is a
stalker. Anyone recognize anyone here?

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Edward Dolan
September 27th 06, 03:37 PM
"Bleve" > wrote in message
ps.com...

> Alan Erskine wrote:
>> By "Edward Dolan". These troll posts have been reported to:
>> along with full headers. I recommend all people who see "Edward Dolan's"
>> posts also email with similar complaints.
>
> Alan, you've been around for long enough to have learnt that USENET's
> full of idiots, and the only way to get rid of them as individuals is
> just to ignore them. Your rather lame attempts to get them kicked by
> their ISPs etc is just giving them what they want, which is a reaction.
>
> It's school holidays, it's always September somewhere, and there is an
> infinate number of dickheads. Don't be one yourself by playing their
> game. You *should* have learnt this by now.

I will stand by every message I have ever posted to Usenet, bar none. Some
of my posts will require some explanation do doubt, but I can defend and
justify everything I have ever said to anyone. But the complete thread will
have to be there, not just something pull out of context.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

di
September 27th 06, 04:00 PM
"Edward Dolan" > wrote in message
news:doqdnT90KYDhFofYnZ2dnUVZ_omdnZ2d@prairiewave. com...

> "JimmyMac" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>>
>> Edward Dolan wrote:
> [...]
>
> All anyone has to do is read what goes on on any newsgroup. I can't think
> of anything that is not acceptable. Most trolls are just spammers - but
> the defining characteristic of all trolls is their idiocy. I have never
> known a troll who was not an idiot. The only thing more pathetic than a
> troll is a stalker. Anyone recognize anyone here?
>
> Regards,
>
> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
> aka
> Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

You are describing yourself, Troll, idiocy, pathetic, stalker they all
fit.

Travis
September 27th 06, 04:47 PM
Alan Erskine wrote:
> By "Edward Dolan". These troll posts have been reported to:
> along with full headers. I recommend all people who see "Edward Dolan's"
> posts also email with similar complaints.

On this topic, I have a friend who is a web developer who is always
looking for ideas to get into. I pitched an idea to him for creating a
troll-free usenet gateway but he isn't convinced of its merits because
he thinks Usenet is a dying medium.

My idea was basically that we'd create a Usenet gateway not unlike
Google Groups, but with a twist.

We'd start by appointing ourselves and a few trustworthy people from
the newsgroups we post to as moderators.

The moderators don't (and can't) actually block troll posts from going
out to Usenet, but they are blocked from our site. People reading
through our site will be given various options including the ability to
view the newsgroups in fully filtered, flagged and unfiltered states.

But the interestign bit is that anyone can be a moderator. Moderators
vote in new moderators, if there aren't enough moderators in a
newsgroup (say, 5) to have an internal vote, random moderators from
other newsgroups (especially related ones) would be randomly drafted in
by the system to review the wannabe's posting record and establish that
they're a good guy or a troll.

Similarly, moderators could be voted out if they turn out to abuse
their power (for instance if a troll were somehow able to get himself
granted moderator status and then went about being a nuisance.)

A system of seniority (based on time as a moderator and some sort of
voting system) would measure the trust levels of each moderator and
could be a modifier in votes, i.e. highly trusted moderator's votes
would count for more than a recently appointed moderator.

I envisage something like a Wikipedia type system where the community
as a whole work to keep the system clean of vandalism.

Does anyone think this is a good idea?

(If so, please say so in this thread, and I'll point this out to my
skeptical web developer friend who might be tempted to knock together
some kind of beta...)

Travis

SMS
September 27th 06, 05:35 PM
Alan Erskine wrote:
> By "Edward Dolan". These troll posts have been reported to:
> along with full headers.

The chance of any ISP doing anything is about zero.

> I recommend all people who see "Edward Dolan's"
> posts also email with similar complaints.

Most of us don't see his posts because he's been kill-filed. Outlook,
Thunderbird, and I presume most other non-web based newsgroup readers,
make it easy to filter out people like Ed.

Dane Buson
September 27th 06, 06:02 PM
In rec.bicycles.soc SMS > wrote:
> Alan Erskine wrote:

>> By "Edward Dolan". These troll posts have been reported to:
>> along with full headers.
>
> The chance of any ISP doing anything is about zero.

Unfortunately true.

>> I recommend all people who see "Edward Dolan's"
>> posts also email with similar complaints.
>
> Most of us don't see his posts because he's been kill-filed. Outlook,
> Thunderbird, and I presume most other non-web based newsgroup readers,
> make it easy to filter out people like Ed.

Also, evidently someone came up with a killfile script for Google groups
for Firefox. I can't vouch for how well it works as I don't read news
with GG. But here it is:

http://www.penney.org/ggkiller.html

--
Dane Buson -
"Every morning, I get up and look through the 'Forbes' list of the

September 27th 06, 07:19 PM
Edward Dolan wrote:
> "JimmyMac" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> >
> > Edward Dolan wrote:
> [...]
> >> Anyone can post to whatever newsgroup they want and say anything they
> >> want
> >> within reason.
> >
> > Imperceptive, you often misinterpret much of what you read. Allow me
> > to suggest that you review your ISP's Terms of Agreement, Acceptable
> > Use Policy. You will discover that should your Usenet newsgroup
> > behavior be brought to their attention and should your ISP decide to
> > enforce their policy and take action, you will soon learn just how much
> > you opinions are valued in the real world.
>
> All anyone has to do is read what goes on on any newsgroup. I can't think of
> anything that is not acceptable. Most trolls are just spammers - but the
> defining characteristic of all trolls is their idiocy. I have never known a
> troll who was not an idiot.

Dont' be so hard on yourself. What you need to read is your ISP's
Terms of Agreement, Acceptable Use Policy so that you will understand
that you are in violation. - Jim McNamara

> The only thing more pathetic than a troll is a
> stalker. Anyone recognize anyone here?
>
> Regards,
>
> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
> aka
> Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

Alan Erskine
September 27th 06, 08:12 PM
"Travis" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> I envisage something like a Wikipedia type system where the community
> as a whole work to keep the system clean of vandalism.
>
> Does anyone think this is a good idea?
>
> (If so, please say so in this thread, and I'll point this out to my
> skeptical web developer friend who might be tempted to knock together
> some kind of beta...)

I like the latter part of it; if ISP's were more responsible/accountable,
trolls like ED would be less tolerated.

In addition, if usenet (newsgroups) were dying out, why are so many new
groups being created? The aus. groups don't grow very quickly, but they are
getting more and more traffic.

--
Alan Erskine

Alan Erskine
September 27th 06, 08:13 PM
"SMS" > wrote in message
> The chance of any ISP doing anything is about zero.

If people complain enmass, the ISP's will act. It's only when a few people
(or none) complain that ISP's don't do anything.

--
Alan Erskine

Edward Dolan
September 27th 06, 08:31 PM
"di" > wrote in message news:8mwSg.5634$Go3.268@dukeread05...

> "Edward Dolan" > wrote in message
> news:doqdnT90KYDhFofYnZ2dnUVZ_omdnZ2d@prairiewave. com...
>>
>> "JimmyMac" > wrote in message
>> oups.com...
>>>
>>> Edward Dolan wrote:
>> [...]
>>
>> All anyone has to do is read what goes on on any newsgroup. I can't think
>> of anything that is not acceptable. Most trolls are just spammers - but
>> the defining characteristic of all trolls is their idiocy. I have never
>> known a troll who was not an idiot. The only thing more pathetic than a
>> troll is a stalker. Anyone recognize anyone here?
>
> You are describing yourself, Troll, idiocy, pathetic, stalker they all
> fit.

Nope, Ed Gin was a troll and Jim McNamara is a stalker. I am merely Great -
and a Great Saint to boot.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Edward Dolan
September 27th 06, 08:34 PM
> wrote in message
oups.com...

> Edward Dolan wrote:
>> "JimmyMac" > wrote in message
>> oups.com...
>> >
>> > Edward Dolan wrote:
>> [...]
>> >
>> > Imperceptive, you often misinterpret much of what you read. Allow me
>> > to suggest that you review your ISP's Terms of Agreement, Acceptable
>> > Use Policy. You will discover that should your Usenet newsgroup
>> > behavior be brought to their attention and should your ISP decide to
>> > enforce their policy and take action, you will soon learn just how much
>> > you opinions are valued in the real world.
>>
>> All anyone has to do is read what goes on on any newsgroup. I can't think
>> of
>> anything that is not acceptable. Most trolls are just spammers - but the
>> defining characteristic of all trolls is their idiocy. I have never known
>> troll who was not an idiot.
>
> Dont' be so hard on yourself. What you need to read is your ISP's
> Terms of Agreement, Acceptable Use Policy so that you will understand
> that you are in violation. - Jim McNamara

You worry about your ISP, stalker, and I will worry abut my ISP - if and
when I ever need to.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Edward Dolan
September 27th 06, 08:45 PM
"Travis" > wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]
> On this topic, I have a friend who is a web developer who is always
> looking for ideas to get into. I pitched an idea to him for creating a
> troll-free usenet gateway but he isn't convinced of its merits because
> he thinks Usenet is a dying medium.

Your friend is quite right. Usenet is dying and will soon be as dead as the
proverbial doornail. Just peruse some newsgroups and you will see what I
mean. Nothing but idiots, morons and imbeciles everywhere you look.

> My idea was basically that we'd create a Usenet gateway not unlike
> Google Groups, but with a twist.
>
> We'd start by appointing ourselves and a few trustworthy people from
> the newsgroups we post to as moderators.
>
> The moderators don't (and can't) actually block troll posts from going
> out to Usenet, but they are blocked from our site. People reading
> through our site will be given various options including the ability to
> view the newsgroups in fully filtered, flagged and unfiltered states.
>
> But the interestign bit is that anyone can be a moderator. Moderators
> vote in new moderators, if there aren't enough moderators in a
> newsgroup (say, 5) to have an internal vote, random moderators from
> other newsgroups (especially related ones) would be randomly drafted in
> by the system to review the wannabe's posting record and establish that
> they're a good guy or a troll.
>
> Similarly, moderators could be voted out if they turn out to abuse
> their power (for instance if a troll were somehow able to get himself
> granted moderator status and then went about being a nuisance.)
>
> A system of seniority (based on time as a moderator and some sort of
> voting system) would measure the trust levels of each moderator and
> could be a modifier in votes, i.e. highly trusted moderator's votes
> would count for more than a recently appointed moderator.
>
> I envisage something like a Wikipedia type system where the community
> as a whole work to keep the system clean of vandalism.
>
> Does anyone think this is a good idea?
>
> (If so, please say so in this thread, and I'll point this out to my
> skeptical web developer friend who might be tempted to knock together
> some kind of beta...)
>
> Travis

It will never work because it is way too much work. All of us who post to
Usenet are lazy as hell. And what would be the end result of all that work?
A group so dull that everyone would want to kill themselves. Nay, you are
better off with a few live wires like myself who will keep you on your toes.
Actually, I should be charging something for my many services to the world
of Usenet.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Edward Dolan
September 27th 06, 08:56 PM
"SMS" > wrote in message
[...]
> Most of us don't see his posts because he's been kill-filed. Outlook,
> Thunderbird, and I presume most other non-web based newsgroup readers,
> make it easy to filter out people like Ed.

No one in their right mind would ever bother to read a dullard like SMS.
Thank god he has kill-filed me. Now I can say what I want about him without
having to put up with his responses. That is the chief drawback from the
kill-filers perspective. I know what he is up to but he does not know what I
am up to. But it is only cowards who kill-file. Such girlie men should not
be on Usenet in the first place.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Edward Dolan
September 27th 06, 09:35 PM
"Alan Erskine" > wrote in message
> "Travis" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>
>> I envisage something like a Wikipedia type system where the community
>> as a whole work to keep the system clean of vandalism.
>>
>> Does anyone think this is a good idea?
>>
>> (If so, please say so in this thread, and I'll point this out to my
>> skeptical web developer friend who might be tempted to knock together
>> some kind of beta...)
>
> I like the latter part of it; if ISP's were more responsible/accountable,
> trolls like ED would be less tolerated.

The ISP's know exactly what they are doing. They know that the Internet is
just chock full of crap and it is not their job to clean it up.

> In addition, if usenet (newsgroups) were dying out, why are so many new
> groups being created? The aus. groups don't grow very quickly, but they
> are
> getting more and more traffic.

Quantity is not the same thing as quality nor does traffic count for much
either. What is happening is that anyone with any intelligence has already
left Usenet and it is only idiots like Alan Erskine that are left. All
newsgroups get dumber and dumber with every passing year.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Edward Dolan
September 27th 06, 09:39 PM
"Alan Erskine" > wrote in message
> "SMS" > wrote in message
>> The chance of any ISP doing anything is about zero.
>
> If people complain enmass, the ISP's will act. It's only when a few
> people
> (or none) complain that ISP's don't do anything.

Who is this asshole anyway? Since he is doing nothing but stalking and
posting repetitive messages, maybe he should be reported to his ISP!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

SMS
September 27th 06, 10:13 PM
Travis wrote:

> I envisage something like a Wikipedia type system where the community
> as a whole work to keep the system clean of vandalism.

The problem with Wikipedia is precisely the vandalism. I.e., I had
extensive information up there regarding bicycle lighting. It was
repeatedly vandalized, I repeatedly fixed it. Eventually I gave up on
trying to keep the data correct. The people vandalizing it were some of
the same problem people on the Usenet bicycle groups.

It wasn't a big deal to me, but I hate seeing the trolls get away with
spreading their misinformation. On Google, my web site on bicycle
lighting is the number two site listed when you Google "Bicycle
Lighting" and number one for "build bicycle lighting" or "bicycle
lighting facts."

It's too bad that a few people abuse Wikipedia to promote their own
agenda. You're going to have the same problem with a Usenet gateway.

I tried to Google Groups script for filtering, and it works okay, but
you only get to add people to the filter list when you're viewing the
whole group (as opposed to when viewing a thread). When you view the
thread, the posts by the filtered people are still there.

September 27th 06, 11:23 PM
Edward Dolan wrote:
> "di" > wrote in message news:8mwSg.5634$Go3.268@dukeread05...
> >
> > "Edward Dolan" > wrote in message
> > news:doqdnT90KYDhFofYnZ2dnUVZ_omdnZ2d@prairiewave. com...
> >>
> >> "JimmyMac" > wrote in message
> >> oups.com...

> >> [...]
> >>
> >> All anyone has to do is read what goes on on any newsgroup. I can't think
> >> of anything that is not acceptable. Most trolls are just spammers - but
> >> the defining characteristic of all trolls is their idiocy. I have never
> >> known a troll who was not an idiot. The only thing more pathetic than a
> >> troll is a stalker. Anyone recognize anyone here?
> >
> > You are describing yourself, Troll, idiocy, pathetic, stalker they all
> > fit.
>
> Nope, Ed Gin was a troll and Jim McNamara is a stalker. I am merely Great -
> and a Great Saint to boot.

Ed Gin has nothing to do with this discussion. You are ARBRs resident
TROLL ... a megalomaniac filled with your own self-importnace. You
have only yourself to blame for the "stalking" that you have fallen
victim of from your many adversaries. You intentionally go trolling
for fights. When you encounter a tenacious, formidable adversary, and
find yourself hopelessly embroiled in an embarrassing no-win
cyber-skirmish, in desperation, you move to disencumber yourself by
seeking to discredit and dismiss your adversary by labeling him or her
as a stalker. This thinly disguised ploy of yours has failed countless
times. If you really want to escape your self-inflicted dilemma, then
turn tail, crawl on out of here. Return to the rock that you slithered
out from under.

Jim McNamara

> Regards,
>
> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
> aka
> Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

September 27th 06, 11:25 PM
Edward Dolan wrote:
> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> >
> > Edward Dolan wrote:
> >> "JimmyMac" > wrote in message
> >> oups.com...

> >> [...]
> >>
> >> All anyone has to do is read what goes on on any newsgroup. I can't think
> >> of
> >> anything that is not acceptable. Most trolls are just spammers - but the
> >> defining characteristic of all trolls is their idiocy. I have never known
> >> troll who was not an idiot.
> >
> > Dont' be so hard on yourself. What you need to read is your ISP's
> > Terms of Agreement, Acceptable Use Policy so that you will understand
> > that you are in violation. - Jim McNamara
>
> You worry about your ISP, stalker, and I will worry abut my ISP - if and
> when I ever need to.

Whaterver ... TROLL. - Jim McNamara

> Regards,
>
> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
> aka
> Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

Bleve
September 27th 06, 11:43 PM
Travis wrote:
> Alan Erskine wrote:
> > By "Edward Dolan". These troll posts have been reported to:
> > along with full headers. I recommend all people who see "Edward Dolan's"
> > posts also email with similar complaints.
>
> On this topic, I have a friend who is a web developer who is always
> looking for ideas to get into. I pitched an idea to him for creating a
> troll-free usenet gateway but he isn't convinced of its merits because
> he thinks Usenet is a dying medium.
>
> My idea was basically that we'd create a Usenet gateway not unlike
> Google Groups, but with a twist.
>
> We'd start by appointing ourselves and a few trustworthy people from
> the newsgroups we post to as moderators.

slashdot's moderation system. It's been done.

Edward Dolan
September 27th 06, 11:58 PM
> wrote in message
ups.com...

> Edward Dolan wrote:
>> "di" > wrote in message
>> >
>> > "Edward Dolan" > wrote in message
>> > news:doqdnT90KYDhFofYnZ2dnUVZ_omdnZ2d@prairiewave. com...

>> > You are describing yourself, Troll, idiocy, pathetic, stalker they
>> > all
>> > fit.
>>
>> Nope, Ed Gin was a troll and Jim McNamara is a stalker. I am merely
>> Great -
>> and a Great Saint to boot.
>
> Ed Gin has nothing to do with this discussion. You are ARBRs resident
> TROLL ... a megalomaniac filled with your own self-importnace. You
> have only yourself to blame for the "stalking" that you have fallen
> victim of from your many adversaries. You intentionally go trolling
> for fights. When you encounter a tenacious, formidable adversary, and
> find yourself hopelessly embroiled in an embarrassing no-win
> cyber-skirmish, in desperation, you move to disencumber yourself by
> seeking to discredit and dismiss your adversary by labeling him or her
> as a stalker. This thinly disguised ploy of yours has failed countless
> times. If you really want to escape your self-inflicted dilemma, then
> turn tail, crawl on out of here. Return to the rock that you slithered
> out from under.

Nothing but a stalker, that most pitiful of all Usenet creatures.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Edward Dolan
September 28th 06, 12:00 AM
> wrote in message
ups.com...

> Edward Dolan wrote:
>> > wrote in message
>> oups.com...

>> > Dont' be so hard on yourself. What you need to read is your ISP's
>> > Terms of Agreement, Acceptable Use Policy so that you will understand
>> > that you are in violation. - Jim McNamara
>>
>> You worry about your ISP, stalker, and I will worry abut my ISP - if and
>> when I ever need to.
>
> Whaterver ... TROLL. - Jim McNamara

Nothing but a stalker, that most pitiful of all Usenet creatures.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

daveL
September 28th 06, 01:35 AM
Travis wrote:
> Alan Erskine wrote:
>> By "Edward Dolan". These troll posts have been reported to:
>> along with full headers. I recommend all people who see "Edward Dolan's"
>> posts also email with similar complaints.
>
> On this topic, I have a friend who is a web developer who is always
> looking for ideas to get into. I pitched an idea to him for creating a
> troll-free usenet gateway but he isn't convinced of its merits because
> he thinks Usenet is a dying medium.
>
> My idea was basically that we'd create a Usenet gateway not unlike
> Google Groups, but with a twist.

Unfortunately I think that many of us have restricted or limited
interweb access, so that would only be useful to the people who use
google groups and cycling forums now.

--
davel

Alan Erskine
September 28th 06, 08:37 AM
> wrote in message
ups.com...

> Ed Gin has nothing to do with this discussion. You are ARBRs resident
> TROLL ... a megalomaniac filled with your own self-importnace. You
> have only yourself to blame for the "stalking" that you have fallen
> victim of from your many adversaries. You intentionally go trolling
> for fights. When you encounter a tenacious, formidable adversary, and
> find yourself hopelessly embroiled in an embarrassing no-win
> cyber-skirmish, in desperation, you move to disencumber yourself by
> seeking to discredit and dismiss your adversary by labeling him or her
> as a stalker. This thinly disguised ploy of yours has failed countless
> times. If you really want to escape your self-inflicted dilemma, then
> turn tail, crawl on out of here. Return to the rock that you slithered
> out from under.
>
> Jim McNamara

Jim; please stop responding to the troll. You are the only one doing so and
if you stop, the troll will disappear.

--
Alan Erskine

Peter Clinch
September 28th 06, 08:52 AM
SMS wrote:

> The problem with Wikipedia is precisely the vandalism. I.e., I had
> extensive information up there regarding bicycle lighting. It was
> repeatedly vandalized

For which read "people kept removing my personal basis and replacing it
with more objective information".

> It wasn't a big deal to me, but I hate seeing the trolls get away with
> spreading their misinformation.

Scharf still an amazing source of irony, I see...

> It's too bad that a few people abuse Wikipedia to promote their own
> agenda.

Scharf still an amazing source of irony, I see...

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

Edward Dolan
October 3rd 06, 01:10 AM
"Alan Erskine" > wrote in message
> > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>
>> Ed Gin has nothing to do with this discussion. You are ARBRs resident
>> TROLL ... a megalomaniac filled with your own self-importnace. You
>> have only yourself to blame for the "stalking" that you have fallen
>> victim of from your many adversaries. You intentionally go trolling
>> for fights. When you encounter a tenacious, formidable adversary, and
>> find yourself hopelessly embroiled in an embarrassing no-win
>> cyber-skirmish, in desperation, you move to disencumber yourself by
>> seeking to discredit and dismiss your adversary by labeling him or her
>> as a stalker. This thinly disguised ploy of yours has failed countless
>> times. If you really want to escape your self-inflicted dilemma, then
>> turn tail, crawl on out of here. Return to the rock that you slithered
>> out from under.
>>
>> Jim McNamara
>
> Jim; please stop responding to the troll. You are the only one doing so
> and
> if you stop, the troll will disappear.

Poor Jim and poor Alan - neither of them know what a troll is. I urge them
both to examine the posts of Ed Gin (Johnny NoCom) to ARBR from a couple of
years ago to get an idea of what a troll is and what they are capable of. I
am as pure as the driven snow in this regard.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

ed_dolan_jimmy_macnamara
October 6th 06, 08:52 PM
TOP POST TO FOLLOW!!! READERSHIP IS ADVISED THE BELOW IS PUBLIC
INFORMATION!!!

SEND US YOUR THREATS/HATE MAIL/BOMBS/ANTHRAX/C4/ETC.

JAMES MCNAMARA
4863 W. GREGORY ST.
CHICAGO, IL 60630
(773) 282-9874

EDWARD DOLAN
1028 4TH AVE.
WORTHINGTON, MN 56187
(507) 727-0306

JimmyMac wrote:
> Edward Dolan wrote:
> > "Alan Erskine" > wrote in message
> > > By "Edward Dolan". These troll posts have been reported to:
> > > along with full headers. I recommend all people who see "Edward Dolan's"
> > > posts also email with similar complaints.
> >
> > Anyone can post to whatever newsgroup they want and say anything they want
> > within reason.
>
> Imperceptive, you often misinterpret much of what you read. Allow me
> to suggest that you review your ISP's Terms of Agreement, Acceptable
> Use Policy. You will discover that should your Usenet newsgroup
> behavior be brought to their attention and should your ISP decide to
> enforce their policy and take action, you will soon learn just how much
> you opinions are valued in the real world.
>
> > But Alan is a net nanny who thinks he knows who can say what.
> > He should get on a moderated forum where others can censor him and those who
> > think like him.
> >
> > We used to have a jerk like this on ARBR but he soon realized the futility
> > of trying to dictate who could say what.
>
> Don't be so hard on yourself Ed. Besides, unfortunately you're still
> here.
>
> Jim McNamara
>

> > Regards,
> >
> > Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
> > aka
> > Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home