PDA

View Full Version : Duck!

catzz66
October 11th 06, 04:05 PM
While riding around a pond this a.m., I had a close encounter with a
feathered fowl. There were some kids walking ahead and I guess he got
distracted and whanged right into my front wheel. No one was hurt in
the mishap, but the duck lost a few feathers to my wheel. He shook his
head and then went on his way.

October 11th 06, 04:08 PM
catzz66 wrote:
> While riding around a pond this a.m., I had a close encounter with a
> feathered fowl. There were some kids walking ahead and I guess he got
> distracted and whanged right into my front wheel. No one was hurt in
> the mishap, but the duck lost a few feathers to my wheel. He shook his
> head and then went on his way.

Are the squirrels calling in for air support?

- Frank Krygowski

Kristian M Zoerhoff
October 11th 06, 04:42 PM
In article om>,
says...

> catzz66 wrote:
> > While riding around a pond this a.m., I had a close encounter with a
> > feathered fowl. There were some kids walking ahead and I guess he got
> > distracted and whanged right into my front wheel. No one was hurt in
> > the mishap, but the duck lost a few feathers to my wheel. He shook his
> > head and then went on his way.
>
> Are the squirrels calling in for air support?

If so, the heavy air support (geese) must have been engaged elsewhere.

--

__o Kristian Zoerhoff
_'\(,_

Ted
October 11th 06, 04:45 PM
wrote:
> catzz66 wrote:
> > While riding around a pond this a.m., I had a close encounter with a
> > feathered fowl. There were some kids walking ahead and I guess he got
> > distracted and whanged right into my front wheel. No one was hurt in
> > the mishap, but the duck lost a few feathers to my wheel. He shook his
> > head and then went on his way.

AFLAC!

Ted.

catzz66
October 11th 06, 04:56 PM
Ted wrote:
> wrote:
>
>>catzz66 wrote:
>>
>>>While riding around a pond this a.m., I had a close encounter with a
>>>feathered fowl. There were some kids walking ahead and I guess he got
>>>distracted and whanged right into my front wheel. No one was hurt in
>>>the mishap, but the duck lost a few feathers to my wheel. He shook his
>>>head and then went on his way.
>

> AFLAC!
>
> Ted.

You may be right. I thought he looked a little familiar.

Ken C. M.
October 11th 06, 07:19 PM
catzz66 wrote:
> While riding around a pond this a.m., I had a close encounter with a
> feathered fowl. There were some kids walking ahead and I guess he got
> distracted and whanged right into my front wheel. No one was hurt in
> the mishap, but the duck lost a few feathers to my wheel. He shook his
> head and then went on his way.
Reminds me of my flying turtle incident from a few months back.

Ken
--
Messengers and mountain bikers share a common chromosome. ~James Bethea

Dane Buson
October 11th 06, 09:27 PM
Ken C. M. > wrote:
> catzz66 wrote:
>> While riding around a pond this a.m., I had a close encounter with a
>> feathered fowl. There were some kids walking ahead and I guess he got
>> distracted and whanged right into my front wheel. No one was hurt in
>> the mishap, but the duck lost a few feathers to my wheel. He shook his
>> head and then went on his way.
> Reminds me of my flying turtle incident from a few months back.

Gamera?

Should I be watching out for Rodan and Gojira?

--
Dane Buson -
Politicians are the same all over. They promise to build a bridge even

Ken C. M.
October 11th 06, 09:36 PM
Dane Buson wrote:
> Ken C. M. > wrote:
>
>>catzz66 wrote:
>>
>>>While riding around a pond this a.m., I had a close encounter with a
>>>feathered fowl. There were some kids walking ahead and I guess he got
>>>distracted and whanged right into my front wheel. No one was hurt in
>>>the mishap, but the duck lost a few feathers to my wheel. He shook his
>>>head and then went on his way.
>>
>>Reminds me of my flying turtle incident from a few months back.
>

> Gamera?
>
> Should I be watching out for Rodan and Gojira?

I don't know that it was a mutated turtle, but here is wasteland Florida
anything is possible. I guess I should be looking out for other mutated
creatures too!

Ken
--
Messengers and mountain bikers share a common chromosome. ~James Bethea

October 11th 06, 10:05 PM
catzz66 > wrote:
> While riding around a pond this a.m., I had a close encounter with a
> feathered fowl. There were some kids walking ahead and I guess he got
> distracted and whanged right into my front wheel. No one was hurt in
> the mishap, but the duck lost a few feathers to my wheel. He shook his
> head and then went on his way.

You're lucky you didn't quack up.

Bill

| Anyone who can't use a slide rule is a cultural illiterate, |
| and should not be allowed to vote. |
| --Robert A. Heinlein |

catzz66
October 12th 06, 04:07 PM
wrote:
> catzz66 > wrote:
>
>>While riding around a pond this a.m., I had a close encounter with a
>>feathered fowl. There were some kids walking ahead and I guess he got
>>distracted and whanged right into my front wheel. No one was hurt in
>>the mishap, but the duck lost a few feathers to my wheel. He shook his
>>head and then went on his way.
>

> You're lucky you didn't quack up.

I rode the same route this a.m. I thought I saw the same duck, but he
was sitting on the edge of the pond looking at me and didn't try a
repeat performance. My eyes might have deceived me, but it looked like
he was wearing a hard hat.

Chris Y.F.N.W.
October 13th 06, 03:07 AM
Group: rec.bicycles.misc Date: Wed, Oct 11, 2006, 8:08am (EDT-3) From:

>Are the squirrels calling in for air
>support?

>- Frank Krygowski

You're quick! I didn't expect to see a duck/squirrel connection for at
\least three posts! LOL

- -
Compliments of:
"Your Friendly Neighborhood Wheelman"

If you want to E-mail me use:
ChrisZCorner "at" webtv "dot" net

My website:
http://geocities.com/czcorner

Chris Y.F.N.W.
October 13th 06, 03:12 AM
Group: rec.bicycles.misc Date: Wed, Oct 11, 2006, 4:36pm From:
(Ken*C.*M.)

Dane Buson wrote:

Ken C. M. > wrote:

>>Gamera?

>>Should I be watching out for Rodan and
>>Gojira?

>I don't know that it was a mutated turtle,
>but here is wasteland Florida anything is
>possible. I guess I should be looking out
>for other mutated creatures too!

>Ken

Gee, thanks for the warning, I'll be more carefull whist riding in the
region of the Catawba nucular power plant!

- -
Compliments of:
"Your Friendly Neighborhood Wheelman"

If you want to E-mail me use: