PDA

View Full Version : Fork backwards on new Cruiser

Mike Kruger
October 31st 06, 03:01 AM
As I post this, the front fork on this pictured new Trek Classic Cruiser is
backwards.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/bik/227745751.html

I wonder if this happened when the bike "fell off a truck"?

--
Mike Kruger
The slowest of the Greek philosopher-cyclists was Aristurtle.

Ozark Bicycle
October 31st 06, 03:25 AM
Mike Kruger wrote:
> As I post this, the front fork on this pictured new Trek Classic Cruiser is
> backwards.
>
> http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/bik/227745751.html
>
> I wonder if this happened when the bike "fell off a truck"?

Nope, it's for aerodynamics, helps it do better in the Cruiser TT
events.

Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman
October 31st 06, 03:28 AM
Mike Kruger wrote:
> As I post this, the front fork on this pictured new Trek Classic Cruiser is
> backwards.
>
> http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/bik/227745751.html
>
> I wonder if this happened when the bike "fell off a truck"?

The aftermarket "Bud Light" sticker may be a valuable hint - don't
drink and do bicycle assembly.

Here is how it is supposed to look:
<http://www2.trekbikes.com/images/bikes_my07/large/cruiserclassicsteel_menblue.jpg>.

--
Tom Sherman - Here, not there.

Set
October 31st 06, 03:35 AM
On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 03:01:22 GMT, "Mike Kruger" >
wrote:

>As I post this, the front fork on this pictured new Trek Classic Cruiser is
>backwards.
>
>http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/bik/227745751.html
>
>I wonder if this happened when the bike "fell off a truck"?

Check the mirror view, lol.

Bob
October 31st 06, 03:41 AM
Mike Kruger wrote:
> As I post this, the front fork on this pictured new Trek Classic Cruiser is
> backwards.
>
> http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/bik/227745751.html
>
> I wonder if this happened when the bike "fell off a truck"?

The fork was installed properly but they reversed the handlebars. ;-)

Regards,
Bob Hunt

Zoot Katz
October 31st 06, 04:22 AM
\
>http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/bik/227745751.html
>
>I wonder if this happened when the bike "fell off a truck"?

I often wonder if most craigslist posters haven't suffered worse
damage in the delivery room.

The idiots here tend to call anything dirty, old and rusted
"vintage". They think any old department store road bike with riser
bars is a "cruiser". If it's still got drop bars it's a "classic".

The prices too are way outrageous.

Some people are realistic about their expectations and honest about
their offerings, but for the most part it's a bunch of screen-age
weenies and those who would take advantage of them.

At least that offering has "Classic" in its name.
--
zk

Tom Keats
October 31st 06, 05:05 AM
In article >,
Zoot Katz > writes:

> The idiots here tend to call anything dirty, old and rusted
> "vintage". They think any old department store road bike with riser
> bars is a "cruiser". If it's still got drop bars it's a "classic".

Reminds me of the euphemisms used in the real estate business:
"starter", "cozy", "character home", etc.

cheers,
Tom

--
-- Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.

Werehatrack
October 31st 06, 05:51 PM
On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 22:35:00 -0500, > wrote:

>On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 03:01:22 GMT, "Mike Kruger" >
>wrote:
>
>>As I post this, the front fork on this pictured new Trek Classic Cruiser is
>>backwards.
>>
>>http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/bik/227745751.html
>>
>>I wonder if this happened when the bike "fell off a truck"?
>
>Check the mirror view, lol.

Not quite reflectoporn, but a definite bonus shot.

--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.

Werehatrack
October 31st 06, 05:53 PM
On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 03:01:22 GMT, "Mike Kruger"
> wrote:

>As I post this, the front fork on this pictured new Trek Classic Cruiser is
>backwards.
>
>http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/bik/227745751.html
>
>I wonder if this happened when the bike "fell off a truck"?

More likely, when it fell into the hands of the marketing outfit that
was doing the promo for Anheuser-Busch.
--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.

Google