PDA

View Full Version : Re: "License to Kill" or Options? (very long!)

HardwareLust
January 21st 04, 07:24 AM
"David L. Johnson" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 05:45:08 +0000, Timberwoof wrote:

<snip>

> drive. Is this absurd, or what?

No, it is not. It is as American as Apple Pie.

<rant on>

Frankly, I think your license should be suspended or revoked after the
second offense. I figure one offense is acceptable, probably when you're
about 16 or so. Everybody makes one mistake. Fine 'em at least a thousand
or two for that one. After that, get another? Ka-blammo! No license.
Maybe give them a year or two to get some training before you give them
another shot at it in a year or two. Maybe.

Licensing should also be tiered to the weight and horsepower of the vehicle.
If you want to drive a Ford F-350 Dually or a Corvette or a Viper, you
should be forced to go through extra training (at your own goddamn expense,
not the taxpayers), pay (much) more for your advanced license, and have much
more stringent licensing tests to pass.

Get caught driving without a license? Should be mandatory 5 years prison
time, with no possibility of parole. Kill someone with a car? Life, just
like if you slit his throat with a knife. Hurt a bicyclist or a pedestrian
with a car? Should be the same as if you hit him with a bat or shot him
with a gun. I'm talking hard time, sleeping with Bubba, Penitentiary-type
prison.

It's high time that we started throwing those worthless cage-driving
m*therf*ckers in prison when they f*ck up, and they'll start paying
attention. And, yes, the Pacific Northwest is the worst f*cking place I
have ever driven. I thought San Francisco and Los Angeles were bad? Ha!
Those places are driving PARADISES compared to the drooling morons that
drive on our streets and highways here in Seattle. Don't get me wrong, I
love Seattle and the Great Northwest. It's just full of the worst kind of
clueless pin-headed slack-jawed cage drivers I have ever seen anywhere.

We are entirely too lenient on drivers and their behavior. We should
eliminate the traffic ticket altogether. Traffic infractions that result in
getting pulled over by a cop should result in no less than an arrest. The
car should be impounded. The driver should go to jail and have to post
bail. Your car should be auctioned off to pay for more traffic patrol
officers and cars. You should have to stand before a judge and a jury and
be judged and sentenced.

Driving a car is indeed a Privilege. It's about f*cking time we started
treating it as such.

Damn, I hate cars. Actually, I don't hate cars, it's the clueless drivers
and our worthless government that causes this situation.

<rant off>

Hunrobe
January 21st 04, 07:53 AM

wrote in part:

>We are entirely too lenient on drivers and their behavior. We should
>eliminate the traffic ticket altogether. Traffic infractions that result in
>getting pulled over by a cop should result in no less than an arrest. The
>car should be impounded. The driver should go to jail and have to post
>bail. Your car should be auctioned off to pay for more traffic patrol
>officers and cars.

---snip---

Who would be left to bid at those auctions? Duh.

>Get caught driving without a license? Should be mandatory 5 years prison
>time, with no possibility of parole. Kill someone with a car? Life, just
>like if you slit his throat with a knife. Hurt a bicyclist or a pedestrian
>with a car? Should be the same as if you hit him with a bat or shot him
>with a gun. I'm talking hard time, sleeping with Bubba, Penitentiary-type
>prison.
>
>It's high time that we started throwing those worthless cage-driving
>m*therf*ckers in prison when they f*ck up, and they'll start paying
>attention. And, yes, the Pacific Northwest is the worst f*cking place I
>have ever driven.

Bad commute today, huh?

Regards,
Bob Hunt