PDA

View Full Version : Re: Mouse kills Cyclist ?

Stephen Harding
November 14th 06, 01:10 PM
jk wrote:
> Here story from Massachusetts that is so exceptionally unusual that
> I'm posting it despite the possibility that it will restart the damn
> helmet debate.

They don't actually know whether the "mouse killed the cyclist"
or not. Pure speculation.

They found the "freshly killed" mouse near the cyclist and speculated
that perhaps it threw him or he lost control trying to avoid it.

Possible, but who knows.

He was apparently a very experience cyclist, lived right here in
my fair town of Florence (Northampton) MA. I'm not familiar with
the name but he was quite active in local bicycling groups.

Seems a motorcycle style helmet might have been a safer choice
for head protection in this case.

SMH

nash
November 14th 06, 05:08 PM
let's see.
If you watch CSI you might thing it was a frame up by the No-helmut
zealots. Especially, since he was so well known in that regard. Rather an
humiliating way to go. Your community is at a great loss. Sorry.

Bill
November 14th 06, 05:32 PM
nash wrote:
> let's see.
> If you watch CSI you might thing it was a frame up by the No-helmut
> zealots. Especially, since he was so well known in that regard. Rather an
> humiliating way to go. Your community is at a great loss. Sorry.

They didn't say if the mouse was squished from being run over so what
was the cause of death of the mouse? Tire or foul play?
Calling Sherlock.
Bill Baka

Fred
November 15th 06, 03:56 AM
"Bill" > wrote in message
t...
> nash wrote:
>> let's see.
>> If you watch CSI you might thing it was a frame up by the No-helmut
>> zealots. Especially, since he was so well known in that regard. Rather
>> an humiliating way to go. Your community is at a great loss. Sorry.
> They didn't say if the mouse was squished from being run over so what was
> the cause of death of the mouse? Tire or foul play?

Neither did they say if the mouse was wearing a helmet. Does this mean the
poor thing will appear as an 'unhelmeted bicycle fatality' on some
statistical list?

Stephen Harding
November 15th 06, 01:27 PM
Bill wrote:

> They didn't say if the mouse was squished from being run over so what
> was the cause of death of the mouse? Tire or foul play?
> Calling Sherlock.

Local paper reported it simply as "a freshly killed mouse lying
near by".

Freshly killed by a bicycle or a cat?

No autopsy report yet on the mouse.

SMH