PDA

View Full Version : Oh, I thought he kiiled himself because of Floyd. Why not mention that?

November 19th 06, 12:44 AM
http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/11222.0.html

Baker, who is retired from medical practice and is a full-time cycling
coach, said he offered to take a look at the case after talking with
Landis at the funeral for the cyclist's father-in-law, who committed
suicide this summer.

The above is a snippet from www.velonews.com. Nice way to diminish
Floyd's reponsibilty in the death of his father-in-law.

November 19th 06, 02:36 PM
On Nov 18, 6:44 pm, wrote:
> http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/11222.0.html
>
> Baker, who is retired from medical practice and is a full-time cycling
> coach, said he offered to take a look at the case after talking with
> Landis at the funeral for the cyclist's father-in-law, who committed
> suicide this summer.
>
> The above is a snippet fromwww.velonews.com. Nice way to diminish
> Floyd's reponsibilty in the death of his father-in-law.

You have no idea why the guy killed himself. His family might not
even know. Having been in a family that suffered a suicide, it
is comical for you to try to assign any blame from your distance.
There are a lot of misconceptions about suicide, one of the
biggest ones is that there is always an easily identifiable
cause or last straw which led to the suicide. Sometimes people
with apparently perfect lives kill themselves.

Find another way to make Floyd out to be the devil. This one
doesn't work.

Bill C
November 19th 06, 09:04 PM
On Nov 19, 9:36 am, wrote:
Hey Chief you gonna step up on Magilla?
Bill C

November 19th 06, 10:23 PM
wrote:
> On Nov 18, 6:44 pm, wrote:
> > http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/11222.0.html
> >
> > Baker, who is retired from medical practice and is a full-time cycling
> > coach, said he offered to take a look at the case after talking with
> > Landis at the funeral for the cyclist's father-in-law, who committed
> > suicide this summer.
> >
> > The above is a snippet fromwww.velonews.com. Nice way to diminish
> > Floyd's reponsibilty in the death of his father-in-law.
>
> You have no idea why the guy killed himself. His family might not
> even know. Having been in a family that suffered a suicide, it
> is comical for you to try to assign any blame from your distance.
> There are a lot of misconceptions about suicide, one of the
> biggest ones is that there is always an easily identifiable
> cause or last straw which led to the suicide. Sometimes people
> with apparently perfect lives kill themselves.
>
> Find another way to make Floyd out to be the devil. This one
> doesn't work.

You have no clue of my distance from this. Pop had opened a restaurant,
and was NOT doing very well financially. Floyd stepped in Pre-Tour, and
said he could help out with $200,000 AFTER he won the race. Floyd
cheated, was caught, and has not been paid the $480,000 in prize money,
the $2.75 million bonus from Phonak, and no longer even receives his
$1.5 million dollar salary. Oh, and the hip surgery, funny enough, ran
$200,000.

That is why pop shot himself.

Howard Kveck
November 19th 06, 10:50 PM
In article om>,
wrote:

> wrote:
> > On Nov 18, 6:44 pm, wrote:
> > > http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/11222.0.html
> > >
> > > Baker, who is retired from medical practice and is a full-time cycling
> > > coach, said he offered to take a look at the case after talking with
> > > Landis at the funeral for the cyclist's father-in-law, who committed
> > > suicide this summer.
> > >
> > > The above is a snippet fromwww.velonews.com. Nice way to diminish
> > > Floyd's reponsibilty in the death of his father-in-law.
> >
> > You have no idea why the guy killed himself. His family might not
> > even know. Having been in a family that suffered a suicide, it
> > is comical for you to try to assign any blame from your distance.
> > There are a lot of misconceptions about suicide, one of the
> > biggest ones is that there is always an easily identifiable
> > cause or last straw which led to the suicide. Sometimes people
> > with apparently perfect lives kill themselves.
> >
> > Find another way to make Floyd out to be the devil. This one
> > doesn't work.
>
> You have no clue of my distance from this. Pop had opened a restaurant,
> and was NOT doing very well financially. Floyd stepped in Pre-Tour, and
> said he could help out with $200,000 AFTER he won the race. Floyd
> cheated, was caught, and has not been paid the $480,000 in prize money,
> the $2.75 million bonus from Phonak, and no longer even receives his
> $1.5 million dollar salary. Oh, and the hip surgery, funny enough, ran
> $200,000.
>
> That is why pop shot himself.

You are an idiot. Many people have business setbacks like that and don't kill
themselves. It's obviously far too complicated for a trivial person such as yourself
to comprehend. It's sickening that you think it's cool to use a tragic thing like
someone's suicide as a comedy routine.

--
tanx,
Howard

Never take a tenant with a monkey.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

November 20th 06, 04:59 AM
> > doesn't work.You have no clue of my distance from this. Pop had opened a restaurant,
> and was NOT doing very well financially. Floyd stepped in Pre-Tour, and
> said he could help out with $200,000 AFTER he won the race. Floyd
> cheated, was caught, and has not been paid the $480,000 in prize money,
> the $2.75 million bonus from Phonak, and no longer even receives his
> $1.5 million dollar salary. Oh, and the hip surgery, funny enough, ran
> $200,000.
>
> That is why pop shot himself.

Even if I accept all of the above as fact, it proves nothing.

Again, it's a misconception that there's always a reason. You don't
know why. The guy himself may not known why. Like I said, find
another way.

RicodJour
November 20th 06, 05:38 AM
wrote:

> my stance is
> NOT doing very well

I edited out all the extraneous ramblings of a silly mind and condensed
your post - nothing was added. No charge on the first one.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home