PDA

View Full Version : Musing in his [non-alcoholic] Beer

Davey Crockett
November 21st 06, 10:14 AM
Idly contemplating 'Baby' Bush and 'Dick' Cheney, Davey wonders why
they even attempted to impeach Tricky Dicky

And Spiggy the Piggy? Sheesh, he only had his snout and both trotters
firmly planted in the Maryland Pork Barrel - nothing unusual for the
Free State.

--
Davey Crockett

RicodJour
November 21st 06, 02:59 PM
Davey Crockett wrote:
> Idly contemplating 'Baby' Bush and 'Dick' Cheney, Davey wonders why
> they even attempted to impeach Tricky Dicky
>
> And Spiggy the Piggy? Sheesh, he only had his snout and both trotters
> firmly planted in the Maryland Pork Barrel - nothing unusual for the
> Free State.

You picked a bad time to stop drinking.

Donald Munro
November 21st 06, 03:00 PM
RicodJour wrote:
> You picked a bad time to stop drinking.

According to the LiveDrunk(tm) doctrine its always a bad time to stop
drinking.

RicodJour
November 21st 06, 03:18 PM
Donald Munro wrote:
> RicodJour wrote:
> > You picked a bad time to stop drinking.
>
> According to the LiveDrunk(tm) doctrine its always a bad time to stop
> drinking.

Okay...he picked a bad time to stop sniffing glue.

Davey Crockett
November 21st 06, 06:34 PM
"RicodJour" > writes:

> Davey Crockett wrote:
> > Idly contemplating 'Baby' Bush and 'Dick' Cheney, Davey wonders why
> > they even attempted to impeach Tricky Dicky
> >
> > And Spiggy the Piggy? Sheesh, he only had his snout and both trotters
> > firmly planted in the Maryland Pork Barrel - nothing unusual for the
> > Free State.
>
> You picked a bad time to stop drinking.

Davey never did drink very much, and nothing at all for the last 40
years or so

And he eats meat only occasionally, not to spare the bovines, but out
of repect for his body.

--
Davey Crockett

RicodJour
November 21st 06, 06:38 PM
Davey Crockett wrote:
> "RicodJour" > writes:
>
> > Davey Crockett wrote:
> > > Idly contemplating 'Baby' Bush and 'Dick' Cheney, Davey wonders why
> > > they even attempted to impeach Tricky Dicky
> > >
> > > And Spiggy the Piggy? Sheesh, he only had his snout and both trotters
> > > firmly planted in the Maryland Pork Barrel - nothing unusual for the
> > > Free State.
> >
> > You picked a bad time to stop drinking.
>
> Davey never did drink very much, and nothing at all for the last 40
> years or so

That was actually a quote from the movie, Airplane!

> And he eats meat only occasionally, not to spare the bovines, but out
> of repect for his body.

His body isn't made out of meat?

MagillaGorilla
November 21st 06, 06:52 PM
Davey Crockett wrote:

> "RicodJour" > writes:
>

>>Davey Crockett wrote:
>>
>>>Idly contemplating 'Baby' Bush and 'Dick' Cheney, Davey wonders why
>>>they even attempted to impeach Tricky Dicky
>>>
>>>And Spiggy the Piggy? Sheesh, he only had his snout and both trotters
>>>firmly planted in the Maryland Pork Barrel - nothing unusual for the
>>>Free State.
>>
>>You picked a bad time to stop drinking.
>

> Davey never did drink very much, and nothing at all for the last 40
> years or so
>
> And he eats meat only occasionally, not to spare the bovines, but out
> of repect for his body.

Hey ****head...humans are carnivores. The idea that eating only
vegetables is healthy is just some feel-good mantra people adopt so they
can feel like they belong to some collective righteous movement.

This thread is lame and has nothing to do with cycling either.

Take care,

Magilla

RicodJour
November 21st 06, 06:58 PM
MagillaGorilla wrote:

> ...humans are carnivores.

Try omnivores.

nobody
November 21st 06, 07:19 PM
On 21 Nov 2006 10:58:20 -0800, "RicodJour" >
wrote:

>MagillaGorilla wrote:
>>
>> ...humans are carnivores.
>
>Try omnivores.

Nuh-uh. Humans are not obligate omnivores and can survive for long periods
on meat and fat, though they'd need to take a Vitamin C capsule regularly.

RonSonic
November 22nd 06, 02:32 AM
On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 14:19:26 -0500, > wrote:

>On 21 Nov 2006 10:58:20 -0800, "RicodJour" >
>wrote:
>
>>MagillaGorilla wrote:
>>>
>>> ...humans are carnivores.
>>
>>Try omnivores.

>Nuh-uh. Humans are not obligate omnivores and can survive for long periods
>on meat and fat, though they'd need to take a Vitamin C capsule regularly.

Eskimos and Innuit got vitamin C capsules?

Ron

RicodJour
November 22nd 06, 03:15 AM
nobody wrote:
> On 21 Nov 2006 10:58:20 -0800, "RicodJour" >
> wrote:
>
> >MagillaGorilla wrote:
> >>
> >> ...humans are carnivores.
> >
> >Try omnivores.

> Nuh-uh. Humans are not obligate omnivores and can survive for long periods
> on meat and fat, though they'd need to take a Vitamin C capsule regularly.

I prefer to chose my own words. Please retrieve your obligate as I
have no need for it. Thanks.

BTW, caribou meat is a better source of vitamin C than oranges, so the
Eskimos and Inuit wouldn't need to take capsules. The upright monkey
is a very adaptable species.

nobody
November 22nd 06, 03:18 AM
On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 21:32:26 -0500, RonSonic >
wrote:

>On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 14:19:26 -0500, > wrote:
>
>>On 21 Nov 2006 10:58:20 -0800, "RicodJour" >
>>wrote:

>>>Try omnivores.

>>Nuh-uh. Humans are not obligate omnivores and can survive for long periods
>>on meat and fat, though they'd need to take a Vitamin C capsule regularly.
>
>Eskimos and Innuit got vitamin C capsules?
>
>Ron

Dunno. I couldn't find any animal sources of Vit C. Maybe they eat some
kind of seaweed? Vit A is readily available and D is made by the body in
sunlight. If you look up vit C it turns out only a few species of animal
are unable to make it themselves.

Humans, apes, guinea pigs, the red-vented bulbul, a fruit-eating bat and a
species of trout. ;-)

AFAIK, it's the only micronutrient that's problematic to get when your diet
is limited - as you may recall, sailors had a big problem with it (scurvy).

nobody
November 22nd 06, 03:21 AM
On 21 Nov 2006 19:15:57 -0800, "RicodJour" >
wrote:

>nobody wrote:
>> On 21 Nov 2006 10:58:20 -0800, "RicodJour" >
>> wrote:

>> >Try omnivores.

>> Nuh-uh. Humans are not obligate omnivores and can survive for long periods
>> on meat and fat, though they'd need to take a Vitamin C capsule regularly.
>
>I prefer to chose my own words. Please retrieve your obligate as I
>have no need for it. Thanks.
>
>BTW, caribou meat is a better source of vitamin C than oranges, so the
>Eskimos and Inuit wouldn't need to take capsules. The upright monkey
>is a very adaptable species.

If only sailors knew that they wouldn't have to mess around with carrying
limes. Caribou jerky. Mmm-mmm.

RicodJour
November 22nd 06, 03:42 AM
nobody wrote:

> If only sailors knew that they wouldn't have to mess around with carrying
> limes. Caribou jerky. Mmm-mmm.

No limes? What are they going to stick in the neck of their Corona
bottles? You're talking crazy.

Seal brain, certain whale skins and various other parts of other
animals are also supposedly high in vitamin C and are staples of Inuit
and Eskimo diets.

nobody
November 22nd 06, 03:51 AM
wrote:

>nobody wrote:
>> On 21 Nov 2006 10:58:20 -0800, "RicodJour" >
>> wrote:

>> >Try omnivores.

>> Nuh-uh. Humans are not obligate omnivores and can survive for long periods
>> on meat and fat, though they'd need to take a Vitamin C capsule regularly.
>
>I prefer to chose my own words. Please retrieve your obligate as I
>have no need for it. Thanks.
>
>BTW, caribou meat is a better source of vitamin C than oranges, so the
>Eskimos and Inuit wouldn't need to take capsules. The upright monkey
>is a very adaptable species.

Yep, skin of the beluga whale, raw stomach of the caribou possibly.

They did do a study, believe it or not:

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/010119.html

Howard Kveck
November 22nd 06, 04:07 AM
In article om>,
"RicodJour" > wrote:

> MagillaGorilla wrote:
> >
> > ...humans are carnivores.
>
> Try omnivores.

That sounds right to me. As Wiki says: "An omnivore (from Latin: omne: all,
everything; vorare: to devour) is a species of animal who are "... generalized
feeders, with neither carnivore nor herbivore specializations for acquiring or
processing food, and who are capable of consuming and do consume both animal protein
and vegetation.""

Of course, they also have this on that page: "People also do this, relying on a
steady intake of cereal, meats and vegtables and other various forms of food until
chocolate brands go on sale. Humans take advantage of this before they try and lose
as much weight before Summer"

Personally, I don't mind trying to figure out what to feed vegetarians that come
over, but vegans can stay in the ****ing car.

Oh yeah, eat steak.

http://tinyurl.com/ygb4ua

--
tanx,
Howard

Never take a tenant with a monkey.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

RicodJour
November 22nd 06, 04:54 AM
Howard Kveck wrote:

> Personally, I don't mind trying to figure out what to feed vegetarians that come
> over, but vegans can stay in the ****ing car.
>
> Oh yeah, eat steak.

Steak implies portioning deceased animals. That's for pussies. A real
carnivore would bite out a hunk of warm flesh as dinner ran by.

Michael Press
November 22nd 06, 05:15 AM
In article
>,
> wrote:

> On 21 Nov 2006 10:58:20 -0800, "RicodJour" >
> wrote:
>
> >MagillaGorilla wrote:
> >>
> >> ...humans are carnivores.
> >
> >Try omnivores.

> Nuh-uh. Humans are not obligate omnivores and can survive for long periods
> on meat and fat, though they'd need to take a Vitamin C capsule regularly.

Humans are not carnivores.

--
Michael Press

Michael Press
November 22nd 06, 05:16 AM

--
Michael Press

Michael Press
November 22nd 06, 05:19 AM
In article
>,
> wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 21:32:26 -0500, RonSonic >
> wrote:
>
> >On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 14:19:26 -0500, > wrote:

> >>Nuh-uh. Humans are not obligate omnivores and can survive for long periods
> >>on meat and fat, though they'd need to take a Vitamin C capsule regularly.
> >
> >Eskimos and Innuit got vitamin C capsules?
> >
> >Ron
>
> Dunno. I couldn't find any animal sources of Vit C. Maybe they eat some
> kind of seaweed? Vit A is readily available and D is made by the body in
> sunlight. If you look up vit C it turns out only a few species of animal
> are unable to make it themselves.
>
> Humans, apes, guinea pigs, the red-vented bulbul, a fruit-eating bat and a
> species of trout. ;-)
>
> AFAIK, it's the only micronutrient that's problematic to get when your diet
> is limited - as you may recall, sailors had a big problem with it (scurvy).

Vitamin D is a problem in high latitudes. People get
demented when starved of vitamin D. Cabin fever.

--
Michael Press

Michael Press
November 22nd 06, 05:25 AM
In article
.
com>,
Howard Kveck > wrote:

> In article om>,
> "RicodJour" > wrote:
>
> > MagillaGorilla wrote:
> > >
> > > ...humans are carnivores.
> >
> > Try omnivores.
>
> That sounds right to me. As Wiki says: "An omnivore (from Latin: omne: all,
> everything; vorare: to devour) is a species of animal who are "... generalized
> feeders, with neither carnivore nor herbivore specializations for acquiring or
> processing food, and who are capable of consuming and do consume both animal protein
> and vegetation.""
>
> Of course, they also have this on that page: "People also do this, relying on a
> steady intake of cereal, meats and vegtables and other various forms of food until
> chocolate brands go on sale. Humans take advantage of this before they try and lose
> as much weight before Summer"
>
> Personally, I don't mind trying to figure out what to feed vegetarians that come
> over, but vegans can stay in the ****ing car.

Potato leek soup. Cheese lasagna. Steamed vegetables.

> Oh yeah, eat steak.

Tomorrow. Osso buco Thursday

--
Michael Press

Ryan Cousineau
November 22nd 06, 06:17 AM
In article >,
Donald Munro > wrote:

> RicodJour wrote:
> > You picked a bad time to stop drinking.
>
> According to the LiveDrunk(tm) doctrine its always a bad time to stop
> drinking.

Donald: it's LIVEDRUNK. Don't taunt the founder.

It's always Millar time somewhere on the planet,

Howard Kveck
November 22nd 06, 07:47 AM
In article >,
Michael Press > wrote:

> In article
> .
> com>,
> Howard Kveck > wrote:

> > Personally, I don't mind trying to figure out what to feed vegetarians
> > that come over, but vegans can stay in the ****ing car.
>
> Potato leek soup.

Depends on what you make your stock out of.

> Cheese lasagna.

A vegan wouldn't eat the cheese, as it's a dairy product. Don't eat cheese?!?!?!
What the hell is wrong with them?

> Steamed vegetables.

That'd work.

> > Oh yeah, eat steak.
>
> Tomorrow. Osso buco Thursday

Good choice. I like it with a simple risotto.

--
tanx,
Howard

Never take a tenant with a monkey.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Donald Munro
November 22nd 06, 08:16 AM
Ryan Cousineau wrote:
> Donald: it's LIVEDRUNK. Don't taunt the founder.

I'm an old fashioned Internet inhabitant. We never used to SHOUT in the
good old days, but if you really have to shout how about
Live<B><H1>DRUNK</H1></B>.

November 22nd 06, 08:37 AM
Howard Kveck wrote:
> "RicodJour" > wrote:
> > MagillaGorilla wrote:
> > >
> > > ...humans are carnivores.
> >
> > Try omnivores.
>
> That sounds right to me. As Wiki says: "An omnivore (from Latin: omne: all,
> everything; vorare: to devour) is a species of animal who are "... generalized
> feeders, with neither carnivore nor herbivore specializations for acquiring or
> processing food, and who are capable of consuming and do consume both animal protein
> and vegetation.""

Humans eat andouillette.
Therefore humans are omnivores -
humans will eat anything.

> Of course, they also have this on that page: "People also do this, relying on a
> steady intake of cereal, meats and vegtables and other various forms of food until
> chocolate brands go on sale. Humans take advantage of this before they try and lose
> as much weight before Summer"
>
> Personally, I don't mind trying to figure out what to feed vegetarians that come
> over, but vegans can stay in the ****ing car.

Feed 'em vegan chocolate.

It's a good thing that vegans exist. Their flesh is much tastier,
with a slight gamy flavor, like the difference between grass-fed
beef and factory-lot bonemeal-mush-eating CJD-carrying
mad cow product. Ask yourself, as one with discerning tastes,
would you eat a person who'd been eating McDonald's all their
life, like most of America?

Ben
a man's gotta have standards

Donald Munro
November 22nd 06, 08:51 AM
Michael Press wrote:
> Vitamin D is a problem in high latitudes. People get
> demented when starved of vitamin D. Cabin fever.

Perhaps certain rbr posters should add vitamin D to their medications.

Donald Munro
November 22nd 06, 09:12 AM
wrote:
> It's a good thing that vegans exist. Their flesh is much tastier,
> with a slight gamy flavor, like the difference between grass-fed
> beef and factory-lot bonemeal-mush-eating CJD-carrying
> mad cow product. Ask yourself, as one with discerning tastes,
> would you eat a person who'd been eating McDonald's all their
> life, like most of America?

Whatever you do don't eat a pro cyclist.

RicodJour
November 22nd 06, 04:39 PM
Howard Kveck wrote:

> A vegan wouldn't eat the cheese, as it's a dairy product. Don't eat cheese?!?!?!
> What the hell is wrong with them?

Obviously it's some sort of chemical imbalance. I'm surprised there's
not a telethon for them.

Doesn't refusing to eat cheese trigger the Dutch death penalty?

Isn't it true that Dutch Orange is actually supposed to represent
cheese?

Aren't Dutch prisoners given aged Gouda and a nice pilsner for meals?
"You've served your time, you're free to go."
"**** you, go away. Oh, and can I please have a refill?"

A very civilized country indeed.

William Asher
November 22nd 06, 05:07 PM
wrote:

<snip>

> Ben
> a man's gotta have standards

Standards are nice, but you should keep a bottle of A-1 handy as well.

--
Bill Asher

RonSonic
November 22nd 06, 05:10 PM
On 22 Nov 2006 00:37:33 -0800, " >
wrote:

>Howard Kveck wrote:

>> > Try omnivores.
>>
>> That sounds right to me. As Wiki says: "An omnivore (from Latin: omne: all,
>> everything; vorare: to devour) is a species of animal who are "... generalized
>> feeders, with neither carnivore nor herbivore specializations for acquiring or
>> processing food, and who are capable of consuming and do consume both animal protein
>> and vegetation.""
>
>Humans eat andouillette.
>Therefore humans are omnivores -
>humans will eat anything.

No, only French eat andouillette.

>> Of course, they also have this on that page: "People also do this, relying on a
>> steady intake of cereal, meats and vegtables and other various forms of food until
>> chocolate brands go on sale. Humans take advantage of this before they try and lose
>> as much weight before Summer"
>>
>> Personally, I don't mind trying to figure out what to feed vegetarians that come
>> over, but vegans can stay in the ****ing car.
>
>Feed 'em vegan chocolate.
>
>It's a good thing that vegans exist. Their flesh is much tastier,
>with a slight gamy flavor, like the difference between grass-fed
>beef and factory-lot bonemeal-mush-eating CJD-carrying
>mad cow product. Ask yourself, as one with discerning tastes,
>would you eat a person who'd been eating McDonald's all their
>life, like most of America?
>
>Ben
>a man's gotta have standards

Michael Press
November 22nd 06, 06:22 PM
In article
.
com>,
Howard Kveck > wrote:

> In article >,
> Michael Press > wrote:
>
> > In article
> > .
> > com>,
> > Howard Kveck > wrote:
>
> > > Personally, I don't mind trying to figure out what to feed vegetarians
> > > that come over, but vegans can stay in the ****ing car.
> >
> > Potato leek soup.
>
> Depends on what you make your stock out of.

Water. Can substitute a regular yellow onion for the
leek. PL soup can lead off the best dinners. Remarkable
stuff.

> > Cheese lasagna.
>
> A vegan wouldn't eat the cheese, as it's a dairy product. Don't eat cheese?!?!?!
> What the hell is wrong with them?

I think of them as political prisoners on a hunger
strike. The logic escapes me.

> > Steamed vegetables.
>
> That'd work.
>
> > > Oh yeah, eat steak.
> >
> > Tomorrow. Osso buco Thursday
>
> Good choice. I like it with a simple risotto.

Saffron and shallot in my risotto.

--
Michael Press

h squared
November 23rd 06, 02:47 AM
Howard Kveck wrote:
> In article om>,
> "RicodJour" > wrote:
>

>>MagillaGorilla wrote:
>>
>>>...humans are carnivores.
>>
>>Try omnivores.
>

> That sounds right to me. As Wiki says: "An omnivore (from Latin: omne: all,
> everything; vorare: to devour) is a species of animal who are "... generalized
> feeders, with neither carnivore nor herbivore specializations for acquiring or
> processing food, and who are capable of consuming and do consume both animal protein
> and vegetation.""

more detail of those carnivore/herbivore specializations here:
http://instruct1.cit.cornell.edu/courses/biog105/pages/demos/105/unit6/dietaryadaptations.9.html

a snip for those who don't like clicking links:
~~
In the chart below, various characteristics are listed for three
organisms: cats, humans, and rats. On the basis of this information, can
you guess what kind of diet humans are biologically adapted for? Be sure
to note these characteristics of the rat when you perform your
dissection of the white rat. (ummm, ok...)

Cat Human Rat
intestines short moderate in length long
gall bladders present present absent
incisors small moderate large
canine teeth large moderate small
molars sharp edge flat flat
caeca small moderate large
~~
btw, since we are talking about vegans, howard, this site
http://www.veganporn.com/ has a very misleading name, and i got the
link from a canadian track racer's blog when researching this omnivore
stuff. if you can't trust a canadian or a track racer for a good porno
link, who can you trust??

heather

Howard Kveck
November 23rd 06, 03:14 AM
In article >,
Michael Press > wrote:

> In article
> .
> com>,
> Howard Kveck > wrote:
>
> > In article >,
> > Michael Press > wrote:
> >
> > > In article
> > > .
> > > com>,

> > > Potato leek soup.
> >
> > Depends on what you make your stock out of.
>
> Water. Can substitute a regular yellow onion for the
> leek. PL soup can lead off the best dinners. Remarkable
> stuff.

True.

> > > Cheese lasagna.
> >
> > A vegan wouldn't eat the cheese, as it's a dairy product. Don't eat
> > cheese?!?!?! What the hell is wrong with them?
>
> I think of them as political prisoners on a hunger
> strike. The logic escapes me.

I can almost understand not eating chocolate. But I can't fathom not eating
cheese.

> > > Steamed vegetables.
> >
> > That'd work.

> > > Tomorrow. Osso buco Thursday
> >
> > Good choice. I like it with a simple risotto.
>
> Saffron and shallot in my risotto.

I make it with a white onion as one of the standard elements; a shallot would be
one of the extras. In general, I like it with saffron (particularly with prawns),
but I don't think that flavor combination works as well with the osso buco sauce.

--

" > wrote:

> Howard Kveck wrote:

> > Personally, I don't mind trying to figure out what to feed vegetarians
> > that come over, but vegans can stay in the ****ing car.
>
> Feed 'em vegan chocolate.
>
> It's a good thing that vegans exist. Their flesh is much tastier,
> with a slight gamy flavor, like the difference between grass-fed
> beef and factory-lot bonemeal-mush-eating CJD-carrying
> mad cow product. Ask yourself, as one with discerning tastes,
> would you eat a person who'd been eating McDonald's all their
> life, like most of America?

It is true that what the meat source (or, in this case, person) eats does have a
big influence on the overall taste. For instance, Aussie and New Zealand lamb is fed
natural grasses and has a stronger (and, in my opinion, better) flavor than the
American lamb, which is usually grain fed. Or veal - free-range, grass-fed is better
tasting than the so-called "Dutch-process" (also known as formula-fed), which has an
extremely mild flavor. Obviously, someone who ate nothing but McDonalds would be a
poor choice for that rump roast, but I would also suspect that a vegan would be
bland tasting. So the vegan would be best be used in recipes with some sort of
hearty sauce to offset the mild flavor of the meat. The person who ate a diet of
McDonalds might have good marbling, though, and that might suggest a braised dish to
make good use of the extra collagen.

--
tanx,
Howard

Never take a tenant with a monkey.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Ryan Cousineau
November 23rd 06, 03:21 AM
In article >,
Donald Munro > wrote:

> Ryan Cousineau wrote:
> > Donald: it's LIVEDRUNK. Don't taunt the founder.
>
> I'm an old fashioned Internet inhabitant. We never used to SHOUT in the
> good old days, but if you really have to shout how about
> Live<B><H1>DRUNK</H1></B>.

In insisting on the all-caps logotype, LIVESTRONG honours the memory of
the obscure viral marketing campaign that initially inspired its
existence. The site is still up:

http://www.livestrong.org/site/c.jvKZLbMRIsG/b.2192101/k.C39F/LIVEstrongS
TRONGstrong_Summit_RoundUp/apps/nl/newsletter2.asp

Don't be deceived by the odd capitalization in the URL; it's clearly
non-canonical.

Amazingly, that site makes it clear that whenever typographically
possible, the LIVESTRONG logo should not only be all-caps, the "STRONG"
part should be bolded as well. That site does so not only in the logos,
but even in the text of blog posts.

LIVEDRUNK it is,

Howard Kveck
November 23rd 06, 03:51 AM
In article >,
h squared > wrote:

> btw, since we are talking about vegans, howard, this site
> http://www.veganporn.com/ has a very misleading name, and i got the
> link from a canadian track racer's blog when researching this omnivore
> stuff. if you can't trust a canadian or a track racer for a good porno
> link, who can you trust??
>
> heather

Ha, you just saw the word "porn" and hit the button. I know how you are. By the
way:

http://www.veganporn.com/1052280805.html

To which I say, "duh!" Though they do eat iguanas in Central America.

--
tanx,
Howard

Never take a tenant with a monkey.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Michael Press
November 23rd 06, 07:43 AM
In article
.
com>,
Howard Kveck > wrote:

> In article >,
> Michael Press > wrote:
>
> > In article
> > .
> > com>,
> > Howard Kveck > wrote:

> > > Depends on what you make your stock out of.
> >
> > Water. Can substitute a regular yellow onion for the
> > leek. PL soup can lead off the best dinners. Remarkable
> > stuff.
>
> True.

> > > A vegan wouldn't eat the cheese, as it's a dairy product. Don't eat
> > > cheese?!?!?! What the hell is wrong with them?
> >
> > I think of them as political prisoners on a hunger
> > strike. The logic escapes me.
>
> I can almost understand not eating chocolate. But I can't fathom not eating
> cheese.

> > > That'd work.

> > > Good choice. I like it with a simple risotto.
> >
> > Saffron and shallot in my risotto.
>
> I make it with a white onion as one of the standard elements; a shallot would be
> one of the extras. In general, I like it with saffron (particularly with prawns),
> but I don't think that flavor combination works as well with the osso buco sauce.

Now that you mention it, the saffron may be out of
place here. I will see.

--
Michael Press

Donald Munro
November 23rd 06, 08:01 AM
Howard Kveck wrote:
> I can almost understand not eating chocolate. But I can't fathom not eating
> cheese.

Dumbass,
If you didn't eat chocolate you wouldn't be able to work for heather.

Howard Kveck
November 23rd 06, 05:21 PM
In article >,
Donald Munro > wrote:

> Howard Kveck wrote:
> > I can almost understand not eating chocolate. But I can't fathom not
> > eating
> > cheese.
>
> Dumbass,
> If you didn't eat chocolate you wouldn't be able to work for heather.

You don't have to eat that chocolate, as you could barter it for something else.
But what would be the point? It's chocolate!

--
tanx,
Howard

Never take a tenant with a monkey.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Donald Munro
November 23rd 06, 08:08 PM

Howard Kveck wrote:
> You don't have to eat that chocolate, as you could barter it for something else.
> But what would be the point? It's chocolate!

Quiet, you don't want to wake the pomeranian.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home