PDA

View Full Version : Skbby admits doping

tispectrum
November 21st 06, 09:41 PM
COPENHAGEN, Denmark (AP) -- Former Danish cyclist Jesper Skibby admitted in
his autobiography that he used steroids during his professional career.

Skibby, who won a stage of the 1991 Tour de France, said in the book to be
published Wednesday that he started using steroids that year while riding
for the Dutch TVM team. He said he switched to the endurance-boosting
substance EPO in 1993.

Skibby, the only Danish rider to have won stages in the Tour de France, the
Giro d'Italia and the Spanish Vuelta, said he also used testosterone.

"The effect was almost immediate. On the bicycle I had a huge reserve of
strength and I felt stronger than ever," he wrote in his book, "Skibby --
Understand Me Correctly."

The 42-year-old Dane retired six years ago. He did not reveal who gave him
the banned substances, but said he injected himself.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home