PDA

View Full Version : Frame kaput

Jason Spaceman
November 27th 06, 07:54 PM
I came across this video on the internets:

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-474879982723077114&q=eddy+merckx

I'm not sure how the guy snapped his frame like that, I hope he wasn't
moving at a high rate of speed when it happened. The audio is in Dutch (I
think) so I can't understand what he is saying. Anyone care to translate?

J. Spaceman

Davey Crockett
November 27th 06, 08:12 PM
Jason Spaceman > writes:

> I came across this video on the internets:
>
> http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-474879982723077114&q=eddy+merckx
>
> I'm not sure how the guy snapped his frame like that, I hope he wasn't
> moving at a high rate of speed when it happened. The audio is in Dutch (I
> think) so I can't understand what he is saying. Anyone care to translate?

Real Bikes are made of steel

Not that won't fracture occasionally too :)

--
Davey Crockett

Lou Holtman
November 27th 06, 08:17 PM
Jason Spaceman wrote:
> I came across this video on the internets:
>
> http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-474879982723077114&q=eddy+merckx
>
> I'm not sure how the guy snapped his frame like that, I hope he wasn't
> moving at a high rate of speed when it happened. The audio is in Dutch (I
> think) so I can't understand what he is saying. Anyone care to translate?
>

> J. Spaceman

Yes it's Dutch. This guy shows his Eddy Merckx frame after a race in the
hills in the southern part of the Netherlands. In a descent he had to
avoid somebody else because his brakes didn't work to well in the wet.
He went through a ditch and suddenly his frame broke in two pieces.

Lou
--
Posted by news://news.nb.nu

Lou Holtman
November 27th 06, 08:20 PM
Lou Holtman wrote:
> Jason Spaceman wrote:
>
>> I came across this video on the internets:
>>
>> http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-474879982723077114&q=eddy+merckx
>>
>> I'm not sure how the guy snapped his frame like that, I hope he wasn't
>> moving at a high rate of speed when it happened. The audio is in
>> Dutch (I
>> think) so I can't understand what he is saying. Anyone care to
>> translate?
>>

>> J. Spaceman
>>

> Yes it's Dutch. This guy shows his Eddy Merckx frame after a race in the
> hills in the southern part of the Netherlands. In a descent he had to
> avoid somebody else because his brakes didn't work to well in the wet.
> He went through a ditch and suddenly his frame broke in two pieces.
>
> Lou

By the way this frame was three weeks old...

Lou
--
Posted by news://news.nb.nu

Donald Munro
November 28th 06, 08:14 AM

Lou Holtman wrote:
> By the way this frame was three weeks old...

He should have bought a Bianchi.

Lou Holtman
November 28th 06, 08:16 AM
"Donald Munro" > wrote in message
om...
> Jason Spaceman wrote:

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-474879982723077114&q=eddy+merckx

> Lou Holtman wrote:
> > By the way this frame was three weeks old...
>
> He should have bought a Bianchi.

Why?

Lou

Ewoud Dronkert
November 28th 06, 08:30 AM

http://groups.google.com/groups/search?q=bianchi+appaling+group%3Arec.bicycles.rac ing

--
E. Dronkert

Fixed
November 28th 06, 08:39 AM
"Lou Holtman" > schreef in bericht
> Lou Holtman wrote:
>> Jason Spaceman wrote:
>>
>>> I came across this video on the internets:
>>>
>>> http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-474879982723077114&q=eddy+merckx
>>>
>>> I'm not sure how the guy snapped his frame like that, I hope he wasn't
>>> moving at a high rate of speed when it happened. The audio is in Dutch
>>> (I
>>> think) so I can't understand what he is saying. Anyone care to
>>> translate?
>>>

>>> J. Spaceman
>>>

>> Yes it's Dutch. This guy shows his Eddy Merckx frame after a race in the
>> hills in the southern part of the Netherlands. In a descent he had to
>> avoid somebody else because his brakes didn't work to well in the wet. He
>> went through a ditch and suddenly his frame broke in two pieces.
>>
>> Lou
>

> By the way this frame was three weeks old...
>
> Lou

Not an accurate translation.

You missed out the trunk bit,

He went through a ditch in to the wood and hit a tree trunk.

Then "suddenly" his frame broke.

Taeke

> --
> Posted by news://news.nb.nu

Michael Press
November 28th 06, 08:59 AM
In article >,
"Lou Holtman" > wrote:

> "Donald Munro" > wrote in message
> om...
> > Jason Spaceman wrote:
> > >>>
> http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-474879982723077114&q=eddy+merckx

> > Lou Holtman wrote:
> > > By the way this frame was three weeks old...
> >
> > He should have bought a Bianchi.
>
> Why?

Inside joke. You know how occasionally somebody will
post a question, then start arguing with the answers?
Recently, for example, a lady inquired here about a
touring frame for herself, then treated every answer as
if it were irrelevant, wrong, an attack, or all three,
stating exactly why she thought so and treating the
people who wrote answers like dirt. A couple/three
years ago somebody reported that his Bianchi frame
failed, and Bianchi's response to his claim against the
warranty did not satisfy him. That thread went well
into the hundreds of messages. I am sure someone can
direct you to it. Can we search the archive for threads
that transcend a given message count?

--
Michael Press

Davey Crockett
November 28th 06, 10:29 AM
Michael Press > writes:

> A couple/three
> years ago somebody reported that his Bianchi frame
> failed, and Bianchi's response to his claim against the
> warranty did not satisfy him. That thread went well
> into the hundreds of messages. I am sure someone can
> direct you to it. Can we search the archive for threads
> that transcend a given message count?
>
> --
> Michael Press

yepperz

that was a jim-dandy thread

--
Davey Crockett

Martin Borsje
November 28th 06, 08:50 PM
> Jason Spaceman wrote:
>> I came across this video on the internets:
>>
>> http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-474879982723077114&q=eddy+merckx
>>
>> I'm not sure how the guy snapped his frame like that, I hope he wasn't
>> moving at a high rate of speed when it happened. The audio is in Dutch (I
>> think) so I can't understand what he is saying. Anyone care to translate?
>>

>> J. Spaceman
>>

> Yes it's Dutch. This guy shows his Eddy Merckx frame after a race in the
> hills in the southern part of the Netherlands. In a descent he had to avoid
> somebody else because his brakes didn't work to well in the wet. He went
> through a ditch and suddenly his frame broke in two pieces.
>
> Lou

Not really impressed of the quality of the frame.

Don't see so many broken fibres; more results of lamination, bad
bonding and fixation of right and left half of frame tube.

M.

--
Posted by news://news.nb.nu

Google