PDA

View Full Version : Lanids Poll

chester
November 27th 06, 08:05 PM
Now that the forum is died down mostly, i was curious:

1) Landis guilty?

2) Do you care?

bdbafh
November 27th 06, 08:09 PM
chester wrote:
> Now that the forum is died down mostly, i was curious:
>
> 1) Landis guilty?
>
> 2) Do you care?

"Lanids"

3) can you spell?

Dumbass,

Its "Flandis".

You're welcome.

-bdbafh

Davey Crockett
November 27th 06, 08:13 PM
chester > writes:

> Now that the forum is died down mostly, i was curious:
>
> 1) Landis guilty?

Yes

> 2) Do you care?

No

--
Davey Crockett

benjo maso
November 27th 06, 10:49 PM
"chester" > wrote in message
> Now that the forum is died down mostly, i was curious:
>
> 1) Landis guilty?

I'm convinced he is as innocent as all the other main contenders.

> 2) Do you care?

That the doping hunters spoilt the Tour de France? Yes, I do.

Benjo

Andre
November 28th 06, 01:41 AM
benjo maso wrote:
> "chester" > wrote in message
> > Now that the forum is died down mostly, i was curious:
> >
> > 1) Landis guilty?
>
> I'm convinced he is as innocent as all the other main contenders.

Or, are you innocent that the contenders are mainly convinced of their
guilt?

Andre

patch70
November 28th 06, 02:33 AM
chester Wrote:
> 1) Landis guilty?
Yes.
chester Wrote:
> 2) Do you care?
Yes. If we are going to get a cleaner sport, we have to start
somewhere. I agree he is as guilty as the other main contenders, but we
certainly cannot rely on testing alone to catch all the cheats.

That said, I would like the sportspeople from other sports involved in
the OP debacle (eg football, tennis) to also be named and shamed.

--
patch70

November 28th 06, 05:48 AM
patch70 wrote:

> Yes. If we are going to get a cleaner sport, we have to start
> somewhere. I agree he is as guilty as the other main contenders, but we
> certainly cannot rely on testing alone to catch all the cheats.

This could be read as "let the best cheater win". With heavy collateral
damage.

> That said, I would like the sportspeople from other sports involved in
> the OP debacle (eg football, tennis) to also be named and shamed.

When rules are made that cannot be fairly and openly enforced, the
"shame" is not with the athletes.

IOW, when the guy next to you can dope to the gills with very, very
little chance of being caught and/or testing positive <g>, where does
that leave you? Not exactly a "fair" position to be placed in, is it?

The "testers" have painted themselves as a moral force when in fact
they are not. --D-y

Steve
November 28th 06, 05:52 AM
"chester" > wrote in message
> Now that the forum is died down mostly, i was curious:
>
> 1) Landis guilty?
Not as charged.

> 2) Do you care?
Yes, I would not be here if I didn't. He is a Homeboy done good.

The whole thing does not make sense to me. What would skew the ratio, what
would he take ? Nobody has answered that yet.

Davey Crockett
November 28th 06, 06:41 AM
" > writes:

> The "testers" have painted themselves as a moral force when in fact
> they are not. --D-y

Since when was a policeman ever moral?

Or honest either for that matter?

Davey, whilst practising his profession has heard the ''Serve and
Protect'' types lie through their teeth under oath on the witness
stand upon several occasions or ''lose'' evidence that might, if
available to the defense, prove exculpatory

--
Davey Crockett

Kurgan Gringioni
November 28th 06, 12:58 PM
Steve wrote:
> "chester" > wrote in message
> > Now that the forum is died down mostly, i was curious:
> >
> > 1) Landis guilty?
> Not as charged.
> >
> > 2) Do you care?
> Yes, I would not be here if I didn't. He is a Homeboy done good.
>
> The whole thing does not make sense to me. What would skew the ratio, what
> would he take ? Nobody has answered that yet.

Dumbass -

I'll answer it for you:

Testosterone.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

RonSonic
November 28th 06, 02:09 PM
On 28 Nov 2006 04:58:27 -0800, "Kurgan Gringioni" >
wrote:

>Steve wrote:
>> "chester" > wrote in message
>> > Now that the forum is died down mostly, i was curious:
>> >
>> > 1) Landis guilty?
>> Not as charged.
>> >
>> > 2) Do you care?
>> Yes, I would not be here if I didn't. He is a Homeboy done good.
>>
>> The whole thing does not make sense to me. What would skew the ratio, what
>> would he take ? Nobody has answered that yet.
>

>Dumbass -
>

>I'll answer it for you:
>
>Testosterone.

Okay, what would he take that would skew his T / E ratio without leaving him
with a high T level?

As is the case.

Ron

Jim Flom
November 28th 06, 02:28 PM
"chester" > wrote in message
> Now that the forum is died down mostly, i was curious:
>
> 1) Landis guilty?

Landis framed.

> 2) Do you care?

A little.

Robert Chung
November 28th 06, 02:48 PM
Jim Flom wrote:

>> 1) Landis guilty?
>
> Landis framed.

Even the guilty can be framed.

B. Lafferty
November 28th 06, 03:04 PM
"Jim Flom" > wrote in message
> "chester" > wrote in message
>> Now that the forum is died down mostly, i was curious:
>>
>> 1) Landis guilty?
>
> Landis framed.
>
>> 2) Do you care?
>
> A little.

Better to ride your bicycle.

November 28th 06, 03:10 PM
Davey Crockett wrote:
> " > writes:
>

> > The "testers" have painted themselves as a moral force when in fact
> > they are not. --D-y
>
> Since when was a policeman ever moral?
>
> Or honest either for that matter?
>
> Davey, whilst practising his profession has heard the ''Serve and
> Protect'' types lie through their teeth under oath on the witness
> stand upon several occasions or ''lose'' evidence that might, if
> available to the defense, prove exculpatory

Tell Lafferty <g>. Too bad Pound isn't a priest so we could get a photo
of him humping a choirboy and be done with this.
--D-y

PS Don't try to tell me he's never humped a choirboy. So to speak, of
course.

Donald Munro
November 28th 06, 03:19 PM

Robert Chung wrote:
> Even the guilty can be framed.

The Weiner Postulate. That title could also pass as a B grade porn movie.

Steve
November 29th 06, 01:48 AM
"RonSonic" > wrote in message
> On 28 Nov 2006 04:58:27 -0800, "Kurgan Gringioni" >
> wrote:
>

> >> The whole thing does not make sense to me. What would skew the ratio,
what
> >> would he take ? Nobody has answered that yet.
> >

> >Dumbass -
> >

> >I'll answer it for you:
> >
> >Testosterone.
>
> Okay, what would he take that would skew his T / E ratio without leaving
him
> with a high T level?
>
> As is the case.
>
> Ron

Thanks for rephrasing my question. Perhaps that dumbass can answer it now.

That is what makes no sense to me. If he took Testosterone, why would his T
level be normal ?

November 29th 06, 02:04 AM
Steve wrote:
> "RonSonic" > wrote in message

> what
> > >

> > >Dumbass -
> > >

> > >I'll answer it for you:
> > >
> > >Testosterone.
> >
> > Okay, what would he take that would skew his T / E ratio without leaving
> him
> > with a high T level?
> >
> > As is the case.
> >
> > Ron
>
> Thanks for rephrasing my question. Perhaps that dumbass can answer it now.
>
> That is what makes no sense to me. If he took Testosterone, why would his T
> level be normal ?

dumbass,

read some ****ing archives. there's the reason the T/E ratio is of
interest.

November 29th 06, 02:11 AM
benjo maso wrote:
> "chester" > wrote in message
> > Now that the forum is died down mostly, i was curious:
> >
> > 1) Landis guilty?
>
> I'm convinced he is as innocent as all the other main contenders.
>
> > 2) Do you care?
>
> That the doping hunters spoilt the Tour de France? Yes, I do.

dumbass,

the doping hunters didn't spoil the tour (or the vuelta of numerous
other races) the riders that doped did.

the riders of today are driven by seven digit salaries and race 50 days
a year. when they are caught they are not only costing themselves
salary, they are also costing their colleagues, amateurs and race
organizers.

these aren't the "noble" underpaid working class heroes of yesteryear
who were suposedly doing what they had to in order to survive the
profession.

benjo maso
November 29th 06, 02:36 AM
> wrote in message
ups.com...

> benjo maso wrote:
>> "chester" > wrote in message
>> > Now that the forum is died down mostly, i was curious:
>> >
>> > 1) Landis guilty?
>>
>> I'm convinced he is as innocent as all the other main contenders.
>>
>> > 2) Do you care?
>>
>> That the doping hunters spoilt the Tour de France? Yes, I do.
>
> dumbass,
>
> the doping hunters didn't spoil the tour (or the vuelta of numerous
> other races) the riders that doped did.
>
> the riders of today are driven by seven digit salaries and race 50 days
> a year. when they are caught they are not only costing themselves
> salary, they are also costing their colleagues, amateurs and race
> organizers.
>
> these aren't the "noble" underpaid working class heroes of yesteryear
> who were suposedly doing what they had to in order to survive the
> profession.

I'm afraid you're not too well informed. The money riders professional
riders are earning is very little compared to other professional sports.
Their minimum salary is about $30,000; most of them are in the
$50,000C$80,000 range, and only a handful cross the million-dollar mark. The
same handful might afford themselves to race 50 days a year, but the
overwhelming majority not.

Benjo

November 29th 06, 04:32 AM
benjo maso wrote:
> > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> >
> > benjo maso wrote:

> >> I'm convinced he is as innocent as all the other main contenders.

> >> That the doping hunters spoilt the Tour de France? Yes, I do.
> >
> > dumbass,
> >
> > the doping hunters didn't spoil the tour (or the vuelta of numerous
> > other races) the riders that doped did.
> >
> > the riders of today are driven by seven digit salaries and race 50 days
> > a year. when they are caught they are not only costing themselves
> > salary, they are also costing their colleagues, amateurs and race
> > organizers.
> >
> > these aren't the "noble" underpaid working class heroes of yesteryear
> > who were suposedly doing what they had to in order to survive the
> > profession.
>

> Their minimum salary is about $30,000; most of them are in the
> $50,000C$80,000 range, and only a handful cross the million-dollar mark. The
> same handful might afford themselves to race 50 days a year, but the
> overwhelming majority not.

dumbass,

that's precisely why there is a massive financial incentive to dope.
the physioogical difference between top 30 in the tour and top 5 is
relatively small, the difference in pay in contrast is massive.

most of the riders implicated in ongoing doping scandals have been
highly paid stars (hamilton, landis, basso, heras) who are targeting
major wins, as opposed to grunts who are seeking a crutch to help with
the wear and tear of a gruelling racing schedule.

RonSonic
November 29th 06, 05:12 AM
On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 06:48:29 -0800, "Robert Chung" > wrote:

>Jim Flom wrote:
>
>>> 1) Landis guilty?
>>
>> Landis framed.
>
>Even the guilty can be framed.

But not guilty as alleged is good enough.

Ron

RicodJour
November 29th 06, 05:31 AM
wrote:

> the doping hunters didn't spoil the tour (or the vuelta of numerous
> other races) the riders that doped did.

Why would the dope hunters choose to drop the Puerto bombshell just
days before the Tour? They could have come out weeks before the Tour,
and had the same riders pulled from the race, but that wouldn't have
had the same political impact, would it? They've also dropped a lot of
the investigation and stated that the results of the "new and improved"
investigation should be ready about mid-summer. I'm sure if that
happens just days before the Tour that will be just a coincidence, too.

Jim Flom
November 29th 06, 06:20 AM
"B. Lafferty" > wrote in message
ink.net...

> "Jim Flom" > wrote in message
>> "chester" > wrote in message
>>> Now that the forum is died down mostly, i was curious:
>>>
>>> 1) Landis guilty?
>>
>> Landis framed.
>>
>>> 2) Do you care?
>>
>> A little.
>
> Better to ride your bicycle.

Or ski my x-cs.

JF

B. Lafferty
November 29th 06, 09:40 PM
"Jim Flom" > wrote in message
> "B. Lafferty" > wrote in message
> ink.net...
>>
>> "Jim Flom" > wrote in message

>>> Landis framed.

>>> A little.
>>
>> Better to ride your bicycle.
>
> Or ski my x-cs.
>
> JF

Om/Amen.

patch70
November 29th 06, 10:10 PM
Steve Wrote:
> That is what makes no sense to me. If he took Testosterone, why would
> his T level be normal ?

1. Because he forgot his masking agent (epitestosterone).
2. Because the stimulant he took had the unforseen effect of changing
his T:E ratio.
3. Because the blood he was transfused with had something extra that
altered the ratio.

Take your pick.

Did you notice how hard he was trying to keep his urine dilute? Did
that not ring any bells?

--
patch70

William Asher
November 29th 06, 10:29 PM
patch70 wrote:

> Steve Wrote:
>> That is what makes no sense to me. If he took Testosterone, why would
>> his T level be normal ?
>
> 1. Because he forgot his masking agent (epitestosterone).
> 2. Because the stimulant he took had the unforseen effect of changing
> his T:E ratio.
> 3. Because the blood he was transfused with had something extra that
> altered the ratio.
>
> Take your pick.
>
> Did you notice how hard he was trying to keep his urine dilute? Did
> that not ring any bells?

No. I was too busy wondering at first whether Sinkewitz would ever help
out and later whether he would crack and get caught before the finish line.
But then I guess I was too focused on the cycling to see the bigger
picture.

--
Bill Asher

Ryan Cousineau
November 30th 06, 03:04 AM
In article >,
patch70 > wrote:

> Steve Wrote:
> > That is what makes no sense to me. If he took Testosterone, why would
> > his T level be normal ?
>
> 1. Because he forgot his masking agent (epitestosterone).
> 2. Because the stimulant he took had the unforseen effect of changing
> his T:E ratio.
> 3. Because the blood he was transfused with had something extra that
> altered the ratio.
>
> Take your pick.
>
> Did you notice how hard he was trying to keep his urine dilute? Did
> that not ring any bells?

How ironically fortuitous that his doping dodge coincidentally saved him
from the heat-stress disaster that pushed him to the brink of disaster
on the previous night.

patch70
November 30th 06, 04:42 AM
William Asher Wrote:
> No. I was too busy wondering at first whether Sinkewitz would ever help
> out and later whether he would crack and get caught before the finish
> line. But then I guess I was too focused on the cycling to see the
> bigger picture.

You're going have to learn to focus on more than one thing at once.
It's not that hard.

--
patch70

patch70
November 30th 06, 04:46 AM
Ryan Cousineau Wrote:
> How ironically fortuitous that his doping dodge coincidentally saved him
> from the heat-stress disaster that pushed him to the brink of disaster
> on the previous night.

There's drinking to avoid dehydration and then there's drinking like a
kid on XTC. Floyd was definitely the latter.

--
patch70

Ryan Cousineau
November 30th 06, 07:40 AM
In article >,
patch70 > wrote:

> Ryan Cousineau Wrote:
> > How ironically fortuitous that his doping dodge coincidentally saved him
> > from the heat-stress disaster that pushed him to the brink of disaster
> > on the previous night.
>
> There's drinking to avoid dehydration and then there's drinking like a
> kid on XTC. Floyd was definitely the latter.

Floyd took on a lot of water, but almost all of it got dumped on his
head.

Dan Connelly
November 30th 06, 07:21 PM
Ryan Cousineau wrote:
> In article >,

>> Did you notice how hard he was trying to keep his urine dilute? Did
>> that not ring any bells?
>
> How ironically fortuitous that his doping dodge coincidentally saved him
> from the heat-stress disaster that pushed him to the brink of disaster
> on the previous night.

Fiendishly clever of him, you must admit.
And notice how he wears cycling shorts to cleverly cover up the needle
marks. More proof.

Dan

patch70
November 30th 06, 08:53 PM
Dan Connelly Wrote:
> Fiendishly clever of him, you must admit.
> And notice how he wears cycling shorts to cleverly cover up the needle
> marks. More proof.

So let me guess: because Floyd is American, he must be innocent.
But if we were talking about Pereiro or Vinokourov in the same
situation, they'd be as guilty as sin.

Denial is not just a river.

--
patch70

diego
November 30th 06, 10:01 PM
patch70 wrote:
> Dan Connelly Wrote:
>> Fiendishly clever of him, you must admit.
>> And notice how he wears cycling shorts to cleverly cover up the needle
>> marks. More proof.
>
> So let me guess: because Floyd is American, he must be innocent.
> But if we were talking about Pereiro or Vinokourov in the same
> situation, they'd be as guilty as sin.
>
> Denial is not just a river.

I agree that the case of Non American rider Vinokourov accidentally
leaving before the bus on surprise doctor day is more indicative of foul
play than pouring water over your head the day after being dehydrated.

Uhhmerikans played cowboy athlete (i.e. individual madmen & women
believing they could kick everyones ass on their own merit) longer than
most other power countries and we're still stuck on that idyllic notion
to this day. Our kids found their sport and plied it best they could.
Our kid rode in the dark with a flashlight wearing sweatpants with his
dad trailing him in a car. Our kid did not go through "The System". US
of A did not send kids of to camps at the age of 5 based on body type,
nor to military schoo. Then came sponsors, TV and capital-lism. Next
thing ya know we got labs in the cornfields and athletes have biceps the
size of yer head just like all the rest of the world.

Howard Kveck
December 1st 06, 03:02 AM
In article >,
patch70 > wrote:

> Dan Connelly Wrote:
> > Fiendishly clever of him, you must admit.
> > And notice how he wears cycling shorts to cleverly cover up the needle
> > marks. More proof.
>
> So let me guess: because Floyd is American, he must be innocent.
> But if we were talking about Pereiro or Vinokourov in the same
> situation, they'd be as guilty as sin.

Actually, no. You're assuming that there's a pro-American bias in these opinions
when there isn't one.

--
tanx,
Howard

Never take a tenant with a monkey.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

patch70
December 2nd 06, 11:26 AM
Howard Kveck Wrote:
> Actually, no. You're assuming that there's a pro-American bias in these
> opinions when there isn't one.

So if Pereiro had won the Tour then been busted for doping after a
super-human performance, all the Americans here that are defending
Landis would be defenfing Pereiro just as much? Yeah, right.

--
patch70

RonSonic
December 2nd 06, 01:58 PM
On Sat, 2 Dec 2006 22:26:21 +1100, patch70
> wrote:

>Howard Kveck Wrote:
>> Actually, no. You're assuming that there's a pro-American bias in these
>> opinions when there isn't one.
>
>So if Pereiro had won the Tour then been busted for doping after a
>super-human performance, all the Americans here that are defending
>Landis would be defenfing Pereiro just as much? Yeah, right.

Were his tests mishandled as badly as the Landis samples, with the same
premature announcements and procedural violations?

Ron

Ryan Cousineau
December 2nd 06, 02:18 PM
In article >,
RonSonic > wrote:

> On Sat, 2 Dec 2006 22:26:21 +1100, patch70
> > wrote:
>

> >Howard Kveck Wrote:
> >> Actually, no. You're assuming that there's a pro-American bias in these
> >> opinions when there isn't one.
> >
> >So if Pereiro had won the Tour then been busted for doping after a
> >super-human performance, all the Americans here that are defending
> >Landis would be defenfing Pereiro just as much? Yeah, right.
>
> Were his tests mishandled as badly as the Landis samples, with the same
> premature announcements and procedural violations?

More to the point, did he pull off that glorious 5-peak breakaway that
was so audacious nobody else was willing to believe in it?

Keep going! Pereiro's virtual win is starting to sound more wonderful
than Landis' actual win.

A sucker for a good story,

Donald Munro
December 2nd 06, 06:09 PM
Ryan Cousineau wrote:
> Keep going! Pereiro's virtual win is starting to sound more wonderful
> than Landis' actual win.

Virtual wins are big business. Now if Lemond patented the concept so
he could get a cut from every virtual win, he'd be rich enough to tap
Paris Hilton too.

Michael Press
December 2nd 06, 06:36 PM
In article
>,
patch70

wrote:

> Howard Kveck Wrote:
> > Actually, no. You're assuming that there's a pro-American bias in these
> > opinions when there isn't one.
>
> So if Pereiro had won the Tour then been busted for doping after a
> super-human performance, all the Americans here that are defending
> Landis would be defenfing Pereiro just as much? Yeah, right.

Yes, right. You have not been paying attention.

--
Michael Press

Fred Fredburger
December 2nd 06, 07:52 PM
Ryan Cousineau wrote:
> In article >,
> RonSonic > wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 2 Dec 2006 22:26:21 +1100, patch70
>> > wrote:

>>> So if Pereiro had won the Tour then been busted for doping after a
>>> super-human performance, all the Americans here that are defending
>>> Landis would be defenfing Pereiro just as much? Yeah, right.
>> Were his tests mishandled as badly as the Landis samples, with the same
>> premature announcements and procedural violations?
>
> More to the point, did he pull off that glorious 5-peak breakaway that
> was so audacious nobody else was willing to believe in it?

Yes, and he was pursued by machine gun wielding Spanish Mafioso while he
did it. Luckily, the Mafioso drivers were so focused on providing a
steady platform for the notoriously-poorly-aiming gunners that they
crashed off the side of the road during a descent and exploded in a ball
of flames. So did their car. Dental records later identified one of the
assailants as Dr. Fuentes.

> Keep going! Pereiro's virtual win is starting to sound more wonderful
> than Landis' actual win.

Then there's the part where, in order to avoid an Iban Mayo crash,
Pereiro had to cut across a field and fell into a cavern filled with art
treasures stolen by the Nazis during WW II. It was defended by actual
Nazis too! Mummified, of course. Pereiro defeated the Army of
mummified Nazis by rewiring his HR monitor to his transmitter and timing
his heartbeat to the precise frequency needed to shatter the mummies to
dust. Truly, one of the great moments in TdF history! Especially since
Sastre et. al. didn't wait for him.

> A sucker for a good story,

OK, I'll try to come up with one of those too.

Ryan Cousineau
December 3rd 06, 02:10 AM
In article >,
Fred Fredburger > wrote:

> Ryan Cousineau wrote:
> > In article >,
> > RonSonic > wrote:
> >
> >> On Sat, 2 Dec 2006 22:26:21 +1100, patch70

> >> Were his tests mishandled as badly as the Landis samples, with the same
> >> premature announcements and procedural violations?
> >
> > More to the point, did he pull off that glorious 5-peak breakaway that
> > was so audacious nobody else was willing to believe in it?
>
> Yes, and he was pursued by machine gun wielding Spanish Mafioso while he
> did it. Luckily, the Mafioso drivers were so focused on providing a
> steady platform for the notoriously-poorly-aiming gunners that they
> crashed off the side of the road during a descent and exploded in a ball
> of flames. So did their car. Dental records later identified one of the
> assailants as Dr. Fuentes.
>

> > Keep going! Pereiro's virtual win is starting to sound more wonderful
> > than Landis' actual win.
>
> Then there's the part where, in order to avoid an Iban Mayo crash,
> Pereiro had to cut across a field and fell into a cavern filled with art
> treasures stolen by the Nazis during WW II. It was defended by actual
> Nazis too! Mummified, of course. Pereiro defeated the Army of
> mummified Nazis by rewiring his HR monitor to his transmitter and timing
> his heartbeat to the precise frequency needed to shatter the mummies to
> dust. Truly, one of the great moments in TdF history! Especially since
> Sastre et. al. didn't wait for him.
>

> > A sucker for a good story,
> >

> OK, I'll try to come up with one of those too.

No, stay with this one. I think it's the third rewrite of the Lance
Armstrong Movie script.

For the fourth rewrite, they just reuse the "Driven" script after doing
a search-and-replace of "car" with "bicycle."

The peloton literally explodes,

Fred Fredburger
December 3rd 06, 03:31 AM
Ryan Cousineau wrote:
> In article >,
> Fred Fredburger > wrote:
>
>> Ryan Cousineau wrote:

>>> More to the point, did he pull off that glorious 5-peak breakaway that
>>> was so audacious nobody else was willing to believe in it?
>> Yes, and he was pursued by machine gun wielding Spanish Mafioso while he
>> did it. Luckily, the Mafioso drivers were so focused on providing a
>> steady platform for the notoriously-poorly-aiming gunners that they
>> crashed off the side of the road during a descent and exploded in a ball
>> of flames. So did their car. Dental records later identified one of the
>> assailants as Dr. Fuentes.
>>
>>> Keep going! Pereiro's virtual win is starting to sound more wonderful
>>> than Landis' actual win.
>> Then there's the part where, in order to avoid an Iban Mayo crash,
>> Pereiro had to cut across a field and fell into a cavern filled with art
>> treasures stolen by the Nazis during WW II. It was defended by actual
>> Nazis too! Mummified, of course. Pereiro defeated the Army of
>> mummified Nazis by rewiring his HR monitor to his transmitter and timing
>> his heartbeat to the precise frequency needed to shatter the mummies to
>> dust. Truly, one of the great moments in TdF history! Especially since
>> Sastre et. al. didn't wait for him.
>>
>>> A sucker for a good story,
>>>
>> OK, I'll try to come up with one of those too.
>
> No, stay with this one. I think it's the third rewrite of the Lance
> Armstrong Movie script.
>
> For the fourth rewrite, they just reuse the "Driven" script after doing
> a search-and-replace of "car" with "bicycle."
>
> The peloton literally explodes,

Perfect.

Every once in a while I have a LOT of fun typing up weird, goofball
posts. Don't know that anyone enjoys reading them, but they're a blast
to type. It now occurs to me that the last time I had this much fun
typing it was in response to you too. Fatty Master World: The Amusement
Park. Six months or so ago.

As Ian Drury and the Blockheads once sang: "You're My Inspiration". Or
was that "Hit Me with Your Rhythm Stick"? I can make sense of either,
really.

Howard Kveck
December 3rd 06, 03:54 AM
In article >,
patch70 > wrote:

> Howard Kveck Wrote:
> > Actually, no. You're assuming that there's a pro-American bias in these
> > opinions when there isn't one.
>
> So if Pereiro had won the Tour then been busted for doping after a
> super-human performance, all the Americans here that are defending
> Landis would be defenfing Pereiro just as much? Yeah, right.

Yup, that's exactly what I'm saying. There is a group in here who think everyone
is guilty and some who look at the circumstances and have defended the accused no
matter what nationality they are.

--
tanx,
Howard

Never take a tenant with a monkey.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Ryan Cousineau
December 3rd 06, 07:04 AM
In article >,
Fred Fredburger > wrote:

> Ryan Cousineau wrote:
> > In article >,
> > Fred Fredburger > wrote:

> >> Yes, and he was pursued by machine gun wielding Spanish Mafioso while he
> >> did it. Luckily, the Mafioso drivers were so focused on providing a
> >> steady platform for the notoriously-poorly-aiming gunners that they
> >> crashed off the side of the road during a descent and exploded in a ball
> >> of flames. So did their car. Dental records later identified one of the
> >> assailants as Dr. Fuentes.

> >> Then there's the part where, in order to avoid an Iban Mayo crash,
> >> Pereiro had to cut across a field and fell into a cavern filled with art
> >> treasures stolen by the Nazis during WW II. It was defended by actual
> >> Nazis too! Mummified, of course. Pereiro defeated the Army of
> >> mummified Nazis by rewiring his HR monitor to his transmitter and timing
> >> his heartbeat to the precise frequency needed to shatter the mummies to
> >> dust. Truly, one of the great moments in TdF history! Especially since
> >> Sastre et. al. didn't wait for him.

> >> OK, I'll try to come up with one of those too.
> >
> > No, stay with this one. I think it's the third rewrite of the Lance
> > Armstrong Movie script.
> >
> > For the fourth rewrite, they just reuse the "Driven" script after doing
> > a search-and-replace of "car" with "bicycle."
> >
> > The peloton literally explodes,
> >

> Perfect.
>
> Every once in a while I have a LOT of fun typing up weird, goofball
> posts. Don't know that anyone enjoys reading them, but they're a blast
> to type. It now occurs to me that the last time I had this much fun
> typing it was in response to you too. Fatty Master World: The Amusement
> Park. Six months or so ago.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/browse_frm/thread/8b30
09b3b588b78c/5c1dbc0edf6e6d96?lnk=st&q=fattie+master+world&rnum=1#5c1dbc0
edf6e6d96

> As Ian Drury and the Blockheads once sang: "You're My Inspiration". Or
> was that "Hit Me with Your Rhythm Stick"? I can make sense of either,
> really.

You know what inspires me? LIVEDRUNK.

Agonizingly sober, but I did just visit the new restaurant in my
neighbourhood. It was called "Wang's SamGae". It had five dishes on the
menu:

1) chicken soup with ginseng
2) chicken soup with vegetables (spicy)
3) chicken soup
4) roast chicken
5) chicken soup with different vegetables (spicier)

I recommend the chicken,

December 3rd 06, 08:59 AM
patch70 wrote:
> Dan Connelly Wrote:
> > Fiendishly clever of him, you must admit.
> > And notice how he wears cycling shorts to cleverly cover up the needle
> > marks. More proof.
>
> So let me guess: because Floyd is American, he must be innocent.
> But if we were talking about Pereiro or Vinokourov in the same
> situation, they'd be as guilty as sin.

Dumbass,

Lots of people in rbr have said nice things about Vino,
including whinging about the unfairness of excluding him
from last year's Tour.

> Denial is not just a river.

Cliche is not just a crutch. It's a wheelchair for ideas
that can't stand on their own.

Ben

trg
December 3rd 06, 12:26 PM
"patch70" > a écrit dans le
message de news: ...

| Howard Kveck Wrote:
| > Actually, no. You're assuming that there's a pro-American bias in these
| > opinions when there isn't one.
|
| So if Pereiro had won the Tour then been busted for doping after a
| super-human performance, all the Americans here that are defending
| Landis would be defenfing Pereiro just as much? Yeah, right.
|

| --
| patch70

Of course not. But not because Oscar wouldn't be as guilty, or innocent, as
Landis, but because he's not as important because he's not American. I'm
sure if Pereiro had won and was then busted, then the Spanish attacking
Landis (in some Spanish R.B.R) would be defending Pereiro just as much as
Americans are Landis. Same with any other nation.

Carl Sundquist
December 3rd 06, 03:19 PM
"Ryan Cousineau" > wrote in message

> Agonizingly sober, but I did just visit the new restaurant in my
> neighbourhood. It was called "Wang's SamGae". It had five dishes on the
> menu:
>
> 1) chicken soup with ginseng
> 2) chicken soup with vegetables (spicy)
> 3) chicken soup
> 4) roast chicken
> 5) chicken soup with different vegetables (spicier)
>
> I recommend the chicken,

It's not chicken.

RonSonic
December 3rd 06, 04:23 PM
On Sun, 03 Dec 2006 02:10:44 GMT, Ryan Cousineau > wrote:

>In article >,
> Fred Fredburger > wrote:
>
>> Ryan Cousineau wrote:

>> > More to the point, did he pull off that glorious 5-peak breakaway that
>> > was so audacious nobody else was willing to believe in it?
>>
>> Yes, and he was pursued by machine gun wielding Spanish Mafioso while he
>> did it. Luckily, the Mafioso drivers were so focused on providing a
>> steady platform for the notoriously-poorly-aiming gunners that they
>> crashed off the side of the road during a descent and exploded in a ball
>> of flames. So did their car. Dental records later identified one of the
>> assailants as Dr. Fuentes.
>>

>> > Keep going! Pereiro's virtual win is starting to sound more wonderful
>> > than Landis' actual win.
>>
>> Then there's the part where, in order to avoid an Iban Mayo crash,
>> Pereiro had to cut across a field and fell into a cavern filled with art
>> treasures stolen by the Nazis during WW II. It was defended by actual
>> Nazis too! Mummified, of course. Pereiro defeated the Army of
>> mummified Nazis by rewiring his HR monitor to his transmitter and timing
>> his heartbeat to the precise frequency needed to shatter the mummies to
>> dust. Truly, one of the great moments in TdF history! Especially since
>> Sastre et. al. didn't wait for him.
>>

>> > A sucker for a good story,
>> >

>> OK, I'll try to come up with one of those too.
>
>No, stay with this one. I think it's the third rewrite of the Lance
>Armstrong Movie script.
>
>For the fourth rewrite, they just reuse the "Driven" script after doing
>a search-and-replace of "car" with "bicycle."
>
>The peloton literally explodes,

How about something like "Gone in 60 Seconds" except with Colnagos and stuff.
Get some cyclocross style action in there and chase scenes through shopping
malls with motorcycles and mountain bikes.

Maybe save that for the sequel "Lance 2: a pain chamois cream won't cure."

Ron

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home