PDA

View Full Version : In the News: Ullrich unlikely to join Tinkoff, team manager says

Jason Spaceman
November 28th 06, 06:41 PM
From the article:
MILAN, Italy: Jan Ullrich is not likely to join the Tinkoff cycling
team, the team's manager said Tuesday.

"I don't think he's interested," Omar Piscina told the Associated
Press. "It's been more than a month since we've spoken. I'd say that
was probably a clue."

The new Italian-Russian team, bankrolled by Russian millionaire Oleg
Tinkov, had expressed interest in signing the 1997 Tour de France
winner earlier this month.

Read it at
http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2006/11/28/sports/EU_SPT_CYC_Ullrich_Tinkoff.php

J. Spaceman

Keith
November 29th 06, 03:39 AM
On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 13:41:08 -0500, Jason Spaceman
> wrote:

>From the article:
>MILAN, Italy: Jan Ullrich is not likely to join the Tinkoff cycling
>team, the team's manager said Tuesday.
>
>"I don't think he's interested," Omar Piscina told the Associated
>Press

So WTF is Ulllrich interested in doing then, given that he neither has
a licence or a team...he will really have lacked any common sense
throughout his career !

>"It's been more than a month since we've spoken. I'd say that
>was probably a clue."
>
>The new Italian-Russian team, bankrolled by Russian millionaire Oleg
>Tinkov, had expressed interest in signing the 1997 Tour de France
>winner earlier this month.
>
>Read it at
>http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2006/11/28/sports/EU_SPT_CYC_Ullrich_Tinkoff.php
>

>J. Spaceman

Davey Crockett
November 29th 06, 04:46 AM
Keith > writes:

> So WTF is Ulllrich interested in doing then, given that he neither has
> a licence or a team...he will really have lacked any common sense
> throughout his career !

With Jan's money, he is probably only interested in getting the heck
out of the politicized cesspool that bike racing has degenerated into

--
Davey Crockett

Bob Schwartz
November 30th 06, 03:30 AM
Keith wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 13:41:08 -0500, Jason Spaceman
> > wrote:
>
>>From the article:
>> MILAN, Italy: Jan Ullrich is not likely to join the Tinkoff cycling
>> team, the team's manager said Tuesday.
>>
>> "I don't think he's interested," Omar Piscina told the Associated
>> Press
>
> So WTF is Ulllrich interested in doing then, given that he neither has
> a licence or a team...he will really have lacked any common sense
> throughout his career !

If he's been talking to one of the teams hoping for Phonak's
ProTour license he won't sign until that's confirmed.

Bob Schwartz

Keith
December 1st 06, 06:20 PM
On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 03:30:35 GMT, Bob Schwartz
> wrote:

>Keith wrote:
>> On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 13:41:08 -0500, Jason Spaceman
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>From the article:
>>> MILAN, Italy: Jan Ullrich is not likely to join the Tinkoff cycling
>>> team, the team's manager said Tuesday.
>>>
>>> "I don't think he's interested," Omar Piscina told the Associated
>>> Press
>>
>> So WTF is Ulllrich interested in doing then, given that he neither has
>> a licence or a team...he will really have lacked any common sense
>> throughout his career !
>
>If he's been talking to one of the teams hoping for Phonak's
>ProTour license he won't sign until that's confirmed.

Do we know which teams are hoping for that licence ?

>Bob Schwartz

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home