PDA

View Full Version : Latest cycling catalog / junk mail

Ken C. M.
November 29th 06, 01:36 PM
I never heard of this one before. www.velogear.com Just on a quick look
through of the catalog it looks to be mostly gift / clothing type items.
No actual hardware. Has anyone ever bought anything from them?

Ken
--
The bicycle is just as good company as most husbands and, when it gets
old and shabby, a woman can dispose of it and get a new one without

Pat Lamb
November 29th 06, 02:12 PM
Ken C. M. wrote:
> I never heard of this one before. www.velogear.com Just on a quick look
> through of the catalog it looks to be mostly gift / clothing type items.
> No actual hardware. Has anyone ever bought anything from them?

Oh, yeah. They make my favorite bibs. It's an exercise in will power
to discard their infrequent catalogs without buying something, because I
know they make good stuff, but I just don't need any more right now.

Pat

Kristian M Zoerhoff
November 29th 06, 03:13 PM
In article >, ken@up-yours-
spammer.net says...
> I never heard of this one before. www.velogear.com Just on a quick look
> through of the catalog it looks to be mostly gift / clothing type items.
> No actual hardware. Has anyone ever bought anything from them?

I got that the other day, too. I figured they bought a list from
Performance/Nashbar. Those Italian wool jerseys looked tempting, at least until
I saw the list price. Yeesh.

--

__o Kristian Zoerhoff
_'\(,_

rdclark
November 29th 06, 04:09 PM
Ken C. M. wrote:
> I never heard of this one before. www.velogear.com Just on a quick look
> through of the catalog it looks to be mostly gift / clothing type items.
> No actual hardware. Has anyone ever bought anything from them?

They make my favorite leg and arm warmers. Better to be on their e-mail
list, which notifies you of sales (of which there is always one going
on something or other). It's a fairly well-known and reputable company.

RichC

Ken C. M.
November 29th 06, 04:14 PM
Kristian M Zoerhoff wrote:
> In article >, ken@up-yours-
> spammer.net says...
>> I never heard of this one before. www.velogear.com Just on a quick look
>> through of the catalog it looks to be mostly gift / clothing type items.
>> No actual hardware. Has anyone ever bought anything from them?
>
> I got that the other day, too. I figured they bought a list from
> Performance/Nashbar. Those Italian wool jerseys looked tempting, at least until
> I saw the list price. Yeesh.

Well it IS cycling related junk mail, so I am not too upset that
performance / nashbar sold them my address. But if I start getting JUNK
like the "AS SEEN ON TV" catalog I am going to send them a nice email
and complain about it. I don't need any cycling stuff right now but I
will probably bookmark them and put them on my links page on my website.

Ken
--
The bicycle is just as good company as most husbands and, when it gets
old and shabby, a woman can dispose of it and get a new one without
shocking the entire community. ~Ann Strong

bdbafh
November 29th 06, 06:57 PM
Ken C. M. wrote:
> I never heard of this one before. www.velogear.com Just on a quick look
> through of the catalog it looks to be mostly gift / clothing type items.
> No actual hardware. Has anyone ever bought anything from them?
>
> Ken

The mailbox was full of catalogs

performance bicycle (x2)
bike nashbar
world cycling productions
velogear
rei

and a bicyling mag issue.

-bdbafh

Gooserider
November 29th 06, 11:41 PM
"Ken C. M." > wrote in message
>I never heard of this one before. www.velogear.com Just on a quick look
>through of the catalog it looks to be mostly gift / clothing type items. No
>actual hardware. Has anyone ever bought anything from them?

My girlfriend bought my Lance 4 watch from Velo Gear. Good service, not such
a great watch. Poor battery life, delicate case, poor design.

Gooserider
November 29th 06, 11:41 PM
"Kristian M Zoerhoff" > wrote in message
. net...
> In article >, ken@up-yours-
> spammer.net says...
>> I never heard of this one before. www.velogear.com Just on a quick look
>> through of the catalog it looks to be mostly gift / clothing type items.
>> No actual hardware. Has anyone ever bought anything from them?
>
> I got that the other day, too. I figured they bought a list from
> Performance/Nashbar. Those Italian wool jerseys looked tempting, at least
> until
> I saw the list price. Yeesh.

Want a nice long sleeved wool jersey, complete with embroidery?

http://shop.newbelgium.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=M14-00342-06&Category_Code=BJ

Yes, it's made in China, but it's nice thick wool, and it's only $59. Can't
beat that.

amakyonin
November 30th 06, 12:51 AM
Ken C. M. wrote:
> I never heard of this one before. www.velogear.com Just on a quick look
> through of the catalog it looks to be mostly gift / clothing type items.
> No actual hardware. Has anyone ever bought anything from them?

I was excited to see that they carry the college jerseys in small size
but they don't have my school. When will Nashbar/Adrenaline realize
that there is a bigger market for men's "S" than "XXL" in the cycling
apparel world?

Kristian M Zoerhoff
November 30th 06, 01:47 AM
In article >, Gooserider@mouse-
potato.com says...

> "Kristian M Zoerhoff" > wrote in message
> . net...
> > In article >, ken@up-yours-
> > spammer.net says...
> >> I never heard of this one before. www.velogear.com Just on a quick look
> >> through of the catalog it looks to be mostly gift / clothing type items.
> >> No actual hardware. Has anyone ever bought anything from them?
> >
> > I got that the other day, too. I figured they bought a list from
> > Performance/Nashbar. Those Italian wool jerseys looked tempting, at least
> > until
> > I saw the list price. Yeesh.
> >

> Want a nice long sleeved wool jersey, complete with embroidery?
>
> http://shop.newbelgium.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=M14-00342-06&Category_Code=BJ
>
> Yes, it's made in China, but it's nice thick wool, and it's only $59. Can't
> beat that.

And it's from a brewery! Huzzah!

--

__o Kristian Zoerhoff
_'\(,_

bitwisebob
November 30th 06, 03:37 AM
On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 23:41:04 GMT, "Gooserider"
> wrote:

>My girlfriend bought my Lance 4 watch from Velo Gear. Good service, not such
>a great watch. Poor battery life, delicate case, poor design.

nike?

---
Bob Anderson*Bitwisebob
Eugene Oregon

Werehatrack
November 30th 06, 04:07 AM
On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 08:36:02 -0500, "Ken C. M."
> wrote:

>I never heard of this one before. www.velogear.com Just on a quick look
>through of the catalog it looks to be mostly gift / clothing type items.
>No actual hardware. Has anyone ever bought anything from them?

Got the book. Didn't see anything that I needed. It's in the
recycling bin if your budgie needs a fresh one.
--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.

Werehatrack
November 30th 06, 04:14 AM
On 29 Nov 2006 16:51:34 -0800, "amakyonin" >
wrote:

>Ken C. M. wrote:
>> I never heard of this one before. www.velogear.com Just on a quick look
>> through of the catalog it looks to be mostly gift / clothing type items.
>> No actual hardware. Has anyone ever bought anything from them?
>
>I was excited to see that they carry the college jerseys in small size
>but they don't have my school. When will Nashbar/Adrenaline realize
>that there is a bigger market for men's "S" than "XXL" in the cycling
>apparel world?

It would be really nice if they would also recognize that 6'3" people
with a chest measurement less than 46" exist as well. And that a 40"
chest does not automatically equate to a 14.5" neck.

I think that these realizations will be achieved at about the same
time that the people who print T-shirts for movie fans come to grips
with the fact that science fiction movie buffs come in sizes greater
than 2X.

(Actually, in at least one case, this has already taken place...since
I print shirts, and mine are available in sizes up to 6X. But I can't
afford to license any movie stuff, so what I print is limited to other
things. Sorry, no cycling gear; my dryer turns synthetic fabrics into
crispy brown wafers with a detestable aroma.)

--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.

Solvang Cyclist
November 30th 06, 06:03 AM
"Ken C. M." > wrote in news:2-
:

> I never heard of this one before. www.velogear.com Just on a quick look
> through of the catalog it looks to be mostly gift / clothing type items.
> No actual hardware. Has anyone ever bought anything from them?
>
> Ken

They sell the jerseys for the Tour of California. I got one on sale. It was
worth the sales price, but I wouldn't pay the normal list price. Plenty of
others that are higher quality for lower prices.

Cheers,
David

Gooserider
November 30th 06, 11:30 AM
"bitwisebob" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 23:41:04 GMT, "Gooserider"
> > wrote:
>
>>My girlfriend bought my Lance 4 watch from Velo Gear. Good service, not
>>such
>>a great watch. Poor battery life, delicate case, poor design.
>
> nike?

Yep, Nike. I had it 6 months and the case was scratched to hell, the battery
died, the strap tore, and the gasket around the buttons popped out. Luckily
Nike replaced everything under warranty. Now the watch only comes out on
group rides or when I want to wear a big gaudy watch.

sally
November 30th 06, 07:02 PM
In article >,
Pat Lamb > wrote:
>Ken C. M. wrote:
>> I never heard of this one before. www.velogear.com Just on a quick look

>Oh, yeah. They make my favorite bibs. It's an exercise in will power
>to discard their infrequent catalogs without buying something, because I
>know they make good stuff, but I just don't need any more right now.

VeloGear is different from VeloWear. I think Velogear is owned by the
VeloNews magazine. VeloWear is owned by the Voler bicycle clothing company.
I have never bought anything from VeloGear; seems mostly like bike nerd
gift stuff.

Gooserider
December 1st 06, 03:34 AM
"Kristian M Zoerhoff" > wrote in message
.net...
> In article >, Gooserider@mouse-
> potato.com says...
>>
>> "Kristian M Zoerhoff" > wrote in message
>> . net...
>> > In article >,
>> > ken@up-yours-
>> > spammer.net says...
>> >
>> > I got that the other day, too. I figured they bought a list from
>> > Performance/Nashbar. Those Italian wool jerseys looked tempting, at
>> > least
>> > until
>> > I saw the list price. Yeesh.
>> >

>> Want a nice long sleeved wool jersey, complete with embroidery?
>>
>> http://shop.newbelgium.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=M14-00342-06&Category_Code=BJ
>>
>> Yes, it's made in China, but it's nice thick wool, and it's only $59.
>> Can't
>> beat that.
>
> And it's from a brewery! Huzzah!

I just received mine. It's a very nice jersey at any price, much less $59.
The embroidery could be a bit neater, but only a nitpicker would notice. It
also has a New Belgium patch on the sleeve. Excellent. Nice and soft and
thick. I think New Belgium does a different jersey every season. Also, if
you're looking for an excellent deal on wool jerseys, Portland Cyclewear is
blowing some out on eBay right now.

http://tinyurl.com/yj8tpm

I have one short sleeved(the green color is very nice), and a long sleeved
trainer. Excellent. Should last for years.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home