PDA

View Full Version : Ullrich travels to the U.S.

cycledogg
December 4th 06, 02:37 PM
Cyclingnews states:
German cyclist Jan Ullrich announced on his personal website on
Saturday that he and his wife Sara will be travelling to the United
States for a three-day trip. The 1997 Tour de France winner will attend
"several official meetings", and is happy to be able to celebrate his
33rd birthday during his stay.

"The number 33 has always been my lucky number," Ullrich wrote. "That's
why I'm very much looking forward to this day. I'm confident that I
will realise my plans for next year."

The former T-Mobile rider, still without a contract for 2007 because of
his alleged implication in Spanish Operación Puerto, has already been
training in Austria and Italy. After returning from the States, he
plans to engage "in the next phase of the season's preparation."

Does anyone know where he will be going?
Rick in Tennessee

Davey Crockett
December 4th 06, 02:55 PM
"cycledogg" > writes:

> Cyclingnews states:
> German cyclist Jan Ullrich announced on his personal website on
> Saturday that he and his wife Sara will be travelling to the United
> States for a three-day trip. The 1997 Tour de France winner will attend
> "several official meetings", and is happy to be able to celebrate his
> 33rd birthday during his stay.
>
> "The number 33 has always been my lucky number," Ullrich wrote. "That's
> why I'm very much looking forward to this day. I'm confident that I
> will realise my plans for next year."
>
> The former T-Mobile rider, still without a contract for 2007 because of
> his alleged implication in Spanish Operación Puerto, has already been
> training in Austria and Italy. After returning from the States, he
> plans to engage "in the next phase of the season's preparation."
>
> Does anyone know where he will be going?
> Rick in Tennessee

http://www.janullrich.de/

It only says 'Business Trip' no locations or venues - no mention of JB
or Discovery ;)

--
Le vent ŕ Dos
Davey Crockett

December 4th 06, 05:54 PM
An unconfirmed sighting at the Austin Texas airport today

Davey Crockett
December 4th 06, 06:23 PM
writes:

> An unconfirmed sighting at the Austin Texas airport today

Was he checked out for Polonium?

--
Le vent ŕ Dos
Davey Crockett

RicodJour
December 4th 06, 06:27 PM
On Dec 4, 1:23 pm, Davey Crockett >
wrote:
> writes:
> > An unconfirmed sighting at the Austin Texas airport today.
>
> Was he checked out for Polonium?

I didn't know he had a new girlfriend. Sounds Greek.

Davey Crockett
December 4th 06, 06:41 PM
"RicodJour" > writes:

> On Dec 4, 1:23 pm, Davey Crockett >
> wrote:
> > writes:
> > > An unconfirmed sighting at the Austin Texas airport today.
> >
> > Was he checked out for Polonium?
>
> I didn't know he had a new girlfriend. Sounds Greek.

Polish actually, or at least named in honour of Poland by Marie Curie,
the Polish discoverer of the element

Po is the symbol and 84 the atomic number

None of its isotopes are stable ;)

210Po is probably the most common isotope and has a number of valid
industrial uses and recently a whole plethora of malevolent caperz

--
Le vent ŕ Dos
Davey Crockett

Scott Johnson
December 7th 06, 04:34 AM
Davey Crockett wrote:
> "cycledogg" > writes:
>
>> Cyclingnews states:
>> German cyclist Jan Ullrich announced on his personal website on
>> Saturday that he and his wife Sara will be travelling to the United
>> States for a three-day trip. The 1997 Tour de France winner will attend
>> "several official meetings", and is happy to be able to celebrate his
>> 33rd birthday during his stay.
>>
>> "The number 33 has always been my lucky number," Ullrich wrote. "That's
>> why I'm very much looking forward to this day. I'm confident that I
>> will realise my plans for next year."
>>
>> The former T-Mobile rider, still without a contract for 2007 because of
>> his alleged implication in Spanish Operación Puerto, has already been
>> training in Austria and Italy. After returning from the States, he
>> plans to engage "in the next phase of the season's preparation."
>>
>> Does anyone know where he will be going?
>> Rick in Tennessee
>>

> http://www.janullrich.de/
>
> It only says 'Business Trip' no locations or venues - no mention of JB
> or Discovery ;)

He's scouting the route of the Tour of Missouri along with TH.

-Scott

Davey Crockett
December 7th 06, 06:28 AM
Scott Johnson > writes:

> Davey Crockett wrote:

> > http://www.janullrich.de/
> > It only says 'Business Trip' no locations or venues - no mention of
> > JB
> > or Discovery ;)
> >

> He's scouting the route of the Tour of Missouri along with TH.

Tour of Misery perhaps?

Or maybe he just wants to add a new coat of whitewash to Aunt Polly's
fence or ;) Lay the Ghost of Molly Brown down Hannibal way

--
Le vent ŕ Dos
Davey Crockett [No 4Q to reply]
"Nothing can seem foul to those that win."
-- King Henry IV, pt. 1, V.1

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home