PDA

View Full Version : Disco booted from ProTour!!!!

December 9th 06, 06:49 AM
http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/11301.0.html

Fat fxck Johan, Thom W, and King Uni-baller are left holding the bag.
Bravo!

Davey Crockett
December 9th 06, 07:21 AM
writes:

> http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/11301.0.html
>
> Fat fxck Johan, Thom W, and King Uni-baller are left holding the bag.
> Bravo!

Well, vindication of sorts

Remember how y'all (well, some of you) slammed Davey when he brought
the subject up?

--
Le vent à Dos
Davey Crockett [No 4Q to reply]

Keith
December 9th 06, 11:59 AM
On 8 Dec 2006 22:49:02 -0800, wrote:

>http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/11301.0.html
>
>Fat fxck Johan, Thom W, and King Uni-baller are left holding the bag.
>Bravo!

Wow...that probably means that the word is that Basso is guilty, if
anyone ever had doubts about it. That could make the 2007 TDF
interesting if Basso races, everyone will league agains him and DSC.
Although yesterday's decision paves the way for the grand tours to
prevent DSC to run if they have Basso in their ranks. Bad news for
Ullrich too...

Donald Munro
December 9th 06, 12:16 PM
Keith wrote:
> Wow...that probably means that the word is that Basso is guilty, if
> anyone ever had doubts about it.

Or the other teams see an opportunity to exclude a potential winner and
give themselves a better chance. These are odd kinds of "gentleman" who
make "gentlemans agreements" to exclude riders based on hearsay and
innuendo after all.

RonSonic
December 9th 06, 01:16 PM
On 8 Dec 2006 22:49:02 -0800, wrote:

>http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/11301.0.html
>
>Fat fxck Johan, Thom W, and King Uni-baller are left holding the bag.
>Bravo!

Please explain this for the simple minded - a team can be excluded if the others
get together and decide that one of its riders has cooties?

Isn't there a procedure for determining if a rider should be excluded? And
doesn't that process involve arbitration hearings and stuff?

Ron

John Forrest Tomlinson
December 9th 06, 01:32 PM
On 8 Dec 2006 22:49:02 -0800, wrote:

>http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/11301.0.html
>
>Fat fxck Johan, Thom W, and King Uni-baller are left holding the bag.
>Bravo!

Lefévère and others are such hypocrites.

--
JT
****************************

Ewoud Dronkert
December 9th 06, 02:07 PM
John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
> Lefévère

Your effort of placing all the right diacritics is commendable, but in
this case I believe it's just Lefevere. Laurent Lefèvre.

--
E. Dronkert

Dan Gregory
December 9th 06, 02:10 PM
Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
> John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
>> Lefévère
>
> Your effort of placing all the right diacritics is commendable, but in
> this case I believe it's just Lefevere. Laurent Lefèvre.

I thought he was talking about green fairies ...
;-))

Steven L. Sheffield
December 9th 06, 02:11 PM
On 12/8/06 11:49 PM, in article
om, "
> wrote:

> http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/11301.0.html
>
> Fat fxck Johan, Thom W, and King Uni-baller are left holding the bag.
> Bravo!

Errr ... No.

"A decision made at a special meeting of the International Professional
Cycling Teams (IPCT) group on Friday could threaten the future status of the
Discovery Channel team."

"The group voted to exclude Discovery from its membership over its signing
of Italian Ivan Basso, who is implicated in the Operación Puerto inquiry,
according to a source that attended the meeting in Brussels. However, the
vote does not mean that the American team loses its UCI ProTour license,
which enables it to race in all of the ProTour events."

What part of ³the vote does not mean that the American team loses its UCI
ProTour license, which enables it to race in all of the ProTour events²
indicates that they were booted from the ProTour?

They were just booted from the Internation Professional Cycling Teams group,
which really serves no function whatsoever.

--
Steven L. Sheffield
stevens at veloworks dot com

RicodJour
December 9th 06, 03:27 PM
Donald Munro wrote:
> Keith wrote:
> > Wow...that probably means that the word is that Basso is guilty, if
> > anyone ever had doubts about it.
>
> Or the other teams see an opportunity to exclude a potential winner and
> give themselves a better chance. These are odd kinds of "gentleman" who
> make "gentlemans agreements" to exclude riders based on hearsay and
> innuendo after all.

A gentleman lives and dies by his reputation. The "I've been ruined!"
exclamation seen in bad movies and books not only refers to their
finances, but also, primarily, their reputation.

If a gentleman can avoid scandal, while schtupping maids, harlots, and
strumpets by the score, appear at society and church functions while
sparing no effort to destroy his business and personal enemies, and in
general successfully conduct their double life in private, that, sir,
is a gentleman!

A violation of a gentleman's agreement should come as no surprise to
anyone. Particularly to the gentlemen who are outraged that they
weren't quick enough to violate the agreement themselves.

RicodJour
December 9th 06, 03:31 PM
Davey Crockett wrote:
> writes:
>
> > http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/11301.0.html
> >
> > Fat fxck Johan, Thom W, and King Uni-baller are left holding the bag.
> > Bravo!
> >
> Well, vindication of sorts
>
> Remember how y'all (well, some of you) slammed Davey when he brought
> the subject up?

a). I didn't realize that anything more than an opinion, or some free
time, was required to slam Davey.
b). There's vindication and vindication, and I don't think this
situation falls under either category. Not even the "of sorts"
variety.
c). There's still hope.
d). You're still a gentleman.

John Forrest Tomlinson
December 9th 06, 03:51 PM
On Sat, 09 Dec 2006 15:07:28 +0100, Ewoud Dronkert
> wrote:

>John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
>> Lefévère
>
>Your effort of placing all the right diacritics is commendable, but in
>this case I believe it's just Lefevere. Laurent Lefèvre.

I'm an ugly American.
--
JT
****************************

Ewoud Dronkert
December 9th 06, 04:00 PM
Dan Gregory wrote:
> Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
>> John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
>>> Lefévère
>>
>> I believe it's just Lefevere.
>
> I thought he was talking about green fairies ...

Ha! Or the genie from the bottle? OK, that's reaching.

--
E. Dronkert

Ewoud Dronkert
December 9th 06, 04:02 PM
Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
> diacritics

Damn. No first use in rbr.

--
E. Dronkert

Donald Munro
December 9th 06, 04:09 PM
Dan Gregory wrote:
> I thought he was talking about green fairies ...

The green fairies are a gay environmentalist political party ?

Donald Munro
December 9th 06, 04:11 PM
RonSonic wrote:
> Please explain this for the simple minded - a team can be excluded if the others
> get together and decide that one of its riders has cooties?
>
> Isn't there a procedure for determining if a rider should be excluded? And
> doesn't that process involve arbitration hearings and stuff?

Not to mention that quaint old tradition of requiring evidence of guilt.

Donald Munro
December 9th 06, 04:12 PM

RicodJour wrote:
> d). You're still a gentleman.

Does that mean Davey's been "schtupping maids, harlots, and strumpets by
the score". No wonder his rbr posting has been so erratic.

December 9th 06, 04:13 PM
Steven L. Sheffield wrote:

> What part of ³the vote does not mean that the American team loses its UCI
> ProTour license, which enables it to race in all of the ProTour events²
> indicates that they were booted from the ProTour?
>
> They were just booted from the Internation Professional Cycling Teams group,
> which really serves no function whatsoever.

It's the Girls With Clean Underwear Club (GWCU).

Wonderful scenes in store this year, when some of the girls are sent
away.

The War on People continues. --D-y

Davey Crockett
December 9th 06, 04:48 PM
"RicodJour" > writes:

> Davey Crockett wrote:
> > writes:
> >
> > > http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/11301.0.html
> > >
> > > Fat fxck Johan, Thom W, and King Uni-baller are left holding the bag.
> > > Bravo!
> > >
> > Well, vindication of sorts
> >
> > Remember how y'all (well, some of you) slammed Davey when he brought
> > the subject up?
>
> a). I didn't realize that anything more than an opinion, or some free
> time, was required to slam Davey.

Hee, Hee. Davey Laffz. What d'you think I make most of those dumb
posts for? Davey sits back Laffin his Firkin' Ass Off at how easy it
is to get some of the ******z in here all riled up. And if the dumb
posts make even one punter happy, he considers his time well spent.

..
> b). There's vindication and vindication, and I don't think this
> situation falls under either category. Not even the "of sorts"
> variety.

Well Davey, if you remember, always thought that Fuentes caper was a
crock of ****. A sick ****ing joke, even a Publicity Stunt. But the
problem is that the reputations of some good racers have been severely
damaged by what is going to turn out to be a fizzle. Davey believes
that Fuentes and Manolo will tell them nothing, if anything there be
to tell. After six months the Spanish Checka have turned up nothing
they could run by any court with any degree of certitude of not being
laughed out of court.

Furthermore, Davey believes that the delay in getting the show on the
road is on account of the Checka needing time to dig up some evidence,
or failing that, manufacture some, which is worse.

And don't think Davey is off his rocker or getting on his High Horse
here. [Horses? Nasty Smelly Animals. Got kicked by one once.]

Davey has a buddy. Son and Grandson of Buddies actually, and without
mentioning names, this buddy, currently a member of a, perish the
thought, Pro-Tour-Circus squad, just went through the torment of
having to prove that the ''Confession'' he made was nothing more than
the wildest dreams of some officer looking for the fast track to
promotion.

Adding insult to injury, when finally vindicated, instead of shooting
the malevolent Chechist, they meted out only minor penalty of ten
months in jail for that policeman. [Policemen? Nasty Smelly
Animals. Got kicked by one once at an otherwise peaceful demonstration]

> c). There's still hope.

You mean Bush and Bliar might be Impeached, or finally avenge the
Liberty?

> d). You're still a gentleman.

Never call Davey a Gentleman. Davey fought his way up and was out
''Picking **** With the Chickens'' whilst, for want of a better
nomenclature, the ''Gentlemen'' were still licking the Jam of their
Silver Spoons

--
Le vent à Dos
Davey Crockett [No 4Q to reply]
and of course never would be.
However, from the start of the investigations the subject was... Iraq!

Davey Crockett
December 9th 06, 04:56 PM
Donald Munro > writes:

> Dan Gregory wrote:
> > I thought he was talking about green fairies ...
>
> The green fairies are a gay environmentalist political party ?

Credit Agricole?
--
Le vent à Dos
Davey Crockett [No 4Q to reply]
The good is oft interred with their bones"
-- Julius Caesar, III.2

Howard Kveck
December 9th 06, 05:30 PM
In article m>,
"RicodJour" > wrote:

> A violation of a gentleman's agreement should come as no surprise to
> anyone. Particularly to the gentlemen who are outraged that they
> weren't quick enough to violate the agreement themselves.

Or were lucky enough to not get caught first.

--
tanx,
Howard

Never take a tenant with a monkey.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Bob Schwartz
December 9th 06, 05:54 PM
Davey Crockett wrote:
> Remember how y'all (well, some of you) slammed Davey when he brought
> the subject up?

Dumbass,

That just means we like you.

Bob Schwartz

Davey Crockett
December 9th 06, 05:55 PM
Howard Kveck > writes:

> In article m>,
> "RicodJour" > wrote:
>

> > A violation of a gentleman's agreement should come as no surprise to
> > anyone. Particularly to the gentlemen who are outraged that they
> > weren't quick enough to violate the agreement themselves.
>
> Or were lucky enough to not get caught first.

Moshe: The good news is I got the ****** down to the Eleven

The bad news is that Adultery is still in, and Number Eleven now says
''Thou shalt not get found out''

http://azurservers.com/flag/11.gif

--
Le vent à Dos
Davey Crockett [No 4Q to reply]
without my stir." -- Macbeth, I.3

Michael Press
December 9th 06, 08:14 PM
In article
.
com>,
Howard Kveck > wrote:

> In article m>,
> "RicodJour" > wrote:
>

> > A violation of a gentleman's agreement should come as no surprise to
> > anyone. Particularly to the gentlemen who are outraged that they
> > weren't quick enough to violate the agreement themselves.
>
> Or were lucky enough to not get caught first.

As RJ was saying, they are all guilty. Only reason any
particular one does not get `caught', is that it does
not suit any of the others at that particular time.

--
Michael Press

bob sullivan
December 9th 06, 09:04 PM
Keith wrote:
> On 8 Dec 2006 22:49:02 -0800, wrote:
>> http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/11301.0.html
>>
>> Fat fxck Johan, Thom W, and King Uni-baller are left holding the bag.
>> Bravo!
>
> Wow...that probably means that the word is that Basso is guilty, if
> anyone ever had doubts about it. That could make the 2007 TDF
> interesting if Basso races, everyone will league agains him and DSC.
> Although yesterday's decision paves the way for the grand tours to
> prevent DSC to run if they have Basso in their ranks. Bad news for
> Ullrich too...

Probably matters to the other Disco riders who do the Classics, but
since the GT organizers want to leave the ProTour anyway, does it
matter all that much to LANCE, Brunyeel, and Basso? I mean, Basso
only cares about doing the Giro-Tour double...

~bob

bob sullivan
December 9th 06, 09:05 PM
Donald Munro wrote:
> RonSonic wrote:
>> Please explain this for the simple minded - a team can be excluded if the others
>> get together and decide that one of its riders has cooties?
>>
>> Isn't there a procedure for determining if a rider should be excluded? And
>> doesn't that process involve arbitration hearings and stuff?
>
> Not to mention that quaint old tradition of requiring evidence of guilt.

*chuckle* That old chestnut... So passe... ;)

~bob

SLAVE of THE STATE
December 9th 06, 09:45 PM
Donald Munro wrote:
> Keith wrote:
> > Wow...that probably means that the word is that Basso is guilty, if
> > anyone ever had doubts about it.
>
> Or the other teams see an opportunity to exclude a potential winner and
> give themselves a better chance.

There you have it. I really doubt there is much more to it.

> These are odd kinds of "gentleman" who
> make "gentlemans agreements" to exclude riders
> based on hearsay and innuendo after all.

I heard a TV talking head call OJ a "gentleman." I guess "gentle"
these days includes nearly decapitating your ex-wife, so why not
blacklisting, rigging, lying, and cheating?

Scott
December 9th 06, 11:55 PM
Steven L. Sheffield wrote:
> On 12/8/06 11:49 PM, in article
> om, "
> > wrote:
>
> > http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/11301.0.html
> >
> > Fat fxck Johan, Thom W, and King Uni-baller are left holding the bag.
> > Bravo!
> >

> Errr ... No.
>
> "A decision made at a special meeting of the International Professional
> Cycling Teams (IPCT) group on Friday could threaten the future status of the
> Discovery Channel team."
>
> "The group voted to exclude Discovery from its membership over its signing
> of Italian Ivan Basso, who is implicated in the Operación Puerto inquiry,
> according to a source that attended the meeting in Brussels. However, the
> vote does not mean that the American team loses its UCI ProTour license,
> which enables it to race in all of the ProTour events."
>

> What part of ³the vote does not mean that the American team loses its UCI
> ProTour license, which enables it to race in all of the ProTour events²
> indicates that they were booted from the ProTour?
>
> They were just booted from the Internation Professional Cycling Teams group,
> which really serves no function whatsoever.
>

> --
> Steven L. Sheffield
> stevens at veloworks dot com
> bellum pax est libertas servitus est ignoratio vis est
> ess ay ell tea ell ay kay ee sea eye tee why you ti ay aitch
> aitch tee tea pea colon [for word] slash [four ward] slash double-you
> double-yew double-ewe dot flahute dot com [foreword] slash

Dammit, Steven... now you've gone and ruined all the celebrations these
knuckleheads with the poor reading comprehension skills were having.
They completely glossed right over the facts and thought that Discovery
lost their UCI ProTour license. Idiots.

Fred Fredburger
December 10th 06, 03:41 AM
wrote:

> It's the Girls With Clean Underwear Club (GWCU).

Thanks.

December 10th 06, 05:29 AM
I am a little confused here, what authority does the IPCT have....??

IPCT is kicking Discovery out, because Basso is involved Operation
Puerto. Personally I think the whole Operation Puerto investigation is
just another example of guilt by inuendo.

Steven L. Sheffield wrote:
> [...]
> which really serves no function whatsoever.
>

> --
> Steven L. Sheffield
> stevens at veloworks dot com
> bellum pax est libertas servitus est ignoratio vis est
> ess ay ell tea ell ay kay ee sea eye tee why you ti ay aitch
> aitch tee tea pea colon [for word] slash [four ward] slash double-you
> double-yew double-ewe dot flahute dot com [foreword] slash
>

> --B_3248493097_7105820
>
> <HTML>
> <HEAD>
> <TITLE>Re: Disco booted from ProTour!!!!</TITLE>
> </HEAD>
> <BODY>
> <FONT FACE="Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><SPAN STYLE='font-size:12.0px'>On 12/8/06 11:49 PM, in article om, &quot; &gt; wrote:<BR>
> <BR>
> <FONT COLOR="#0000FF">&gt; <a href="http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/11301.0.html">http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/11301.0.html</a><BR>
> &gt; <BR>
> &gt; Fat fxck Johan, Thom W, and King Uni-baller are left holding the bag..<BR>
> &gt; Bravo!<BR>
> &gt; <BR>
> </FONT><BR>
> <BR>
> <BR>
> Errr ... No.<BR>
> <BR>
> &quot;A decision made at a special meeting of the International Professional Cycling Teams (IPCT) group on Friday could threaten the future status of the Discovery Channel team.&quot;<BR>
> <BR>
> &quot;The group voted to exclude Discovery from its membership over its signing of Italian Ivan Basso, who is implicated in the Operaci&oacute;n Puerto inquiry, according to a source that attended the meeting in Brussels. <B>However, the vote does not mean that the American team loses its UCI ProTour license, which enables it to race in all of the ProTour events</B>.&quot;<BR>
> <BR>
> <BR>
> What part of “the vote does not mean that the American team loses its UCI ProTour license, which enables it to race in all of the ProTour events” indicates that they were booted from the ProTour?<BR>
> <BR>
> They were just booted from the Internation Professional Cycling Teams group, which really serves no function whatsoever.<BR>
> <BR>
> <BR>
> <BR>
> <BR>
> -- <BR>
> Steven L. Sheffield<BR>
> stevens at veloworks dot com<BR>
> bellum pax est libertas servitus est ignoratio vis est<BR>
> ess ay ell tea ell ay kay ee sea eye tee why you ti ay aitch<BR>
> aitch tee tea pea colon [for word] slash [four ward] slash double-you<BR>
> double-yew double-ewe dot flahute dot com [foreword] slash<BR>

Davey Crockett
December 10th 06, 08:39 AM
writes:

> I am a little confused here, what authority does the IPCT have....??
>
> IPCT is kicking Discovery out, because Basso is involved Operation
> Puerto. Personally I think the whole Operation Puerto investigation is
> just another example of guilt by inuendo.

Right you are

Davey always said Fuentes/Puerto was a crock of **** right from the
Git-Go and that Bush was gonna send CongoLeeza to straighten them
Dagos out in a big hurry just like she did about the Teneriffe airport
Caper

Remember?

--
Le vent à Dos
Davey Crockett [No 4Q to reply]
and art indeed able to corrupt a saint."
-- King Henry IV, I.i.2

fg
December 12th 06, 02:12 AM
they are not hypocrites, they are trying to clean up the sport.

bruynel and his big ego could not stand another tour wipeout like
last year so he was willing to break ranks from the other teams
to do something he damn well knew he should not have done.
I hope the whole thing blows up in his and armstrongs face.
I cant stand the sight of him anymore either.

On Sat, 09 Dec 2006 08:32:31 -0500, John Forrest Tomlinson
> wrote:

>On 8 Dec 2006 22:49:02 -0800, wrote:
>
>>http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/11301.0.html
>>
>>Fat fxck Johan, Thom W, and King Uni-baller are left holding the bag.
>>Bravo!
>
>Lefévère and others are such hypocrites.

December 12th 06, 04:07 AM
It's really ironic that riders who have been suspended are allowed ride
again. Today we have a situation where a rider like Basso is being
excluded from riding simply because he was investigated in Op Puerto.
This is why the guilt by association is so unjust.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home