Davey Crockett [No 4Q to reply]
From: Davey Crockett >
-- The Tempest, V.1

Kurgan Gringioni
December 11th 06, 08:42 AM
inconnu wrote:
> " > writes:
>
> > http://www.cyclingnews.com/cross.php?id=photos/2006/dec06/worldcup8_06/guerc065
> >
> Since May 1997 F.I.V. Edoardo Bianchi is part of Cycleurope A.B. group
> [Bianchi, Legnano, Puch and Chiorda marques]
>
> Thats what you get when great Italian manufacturers/builders sell out
> to the Capitalists

Dumbass -

Two things:

1) Those "great Italian manufacturers" were capitalists themselves
2) Their bikes also broke

When engineers design bicycle frames, they take calculated risks when
it comes to reliability/lightness. There is no free lunch. Until a
quantum leap is made with a frame composed of Buckminster Fullerenes,
lightness=less crash survivability.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Donald Munro
December 11th 06, 08:58 AM

Carl Sundquist wrote:
> How long did he have the frame?

Dumbass,
Any rbr initiate should know that one: 1 year and 1 day.

Sorry you failed your rbr dumbass entrance exam; however you can apply for
a rewrite.

RonSonic
December 11th 06, 03:21 PM
On 10 Dec 2006 18:36:16 -0800, " >
wrote:

>http://www.cyclingnews.com/cross.php?id=photos/2006/dec06/worldcup8_06/guerc065

I do not want to be the manufacturer's rep he is walking toward.

Ron

RicodJour
December 11th 06, 04:32 PM
On Dec 11, 10:21 am, RonSonic > wrote:

> I do not want to be the manufacturer's rep he is walking toward.

You can tell from his dazed and confused eyes and expression that he's
juiced to the gills. He probably dope-stomped on the pedals, made a
dope-quick turn, his front end was dope-turning while the rest of the
bike was still dope-accelerating. Clearly operator doping error.

Ryan Cousineau
December 12th 06, 03:00 AM
In article om>,
"Kurgan Gringioni" > wrote:

> inconnu wrote:
> > " > writes:
> >
> > > http://www.cyclingnews.com/cross.php?id=photos/2006/dec06/worldcup8_06/gue
> > > rc065
> > >
> > Since May 1997 F.I.V. Edoardo Bianchi is part of Cycleurope A.B. group
> > [Bianchi, Legnano, Puch and Chiorda marques]
> >
> > Thats what you get when great Italian manufacturers/builders sell out
> > to the Capitalists
>

> Dumbass -
>

> Two things:
>
> 1) Those "great Italian manufacturers" were capitalists themselves
> 2) Their bikes also broke
>
> When engineers design bicycle frames, they take calculated risks when
> it comes to reliability/lightness. There is no free lunch. Until a
> quantum leap is made with a frame composed of Buckminster Fullerenes,
> lightness=less crash survivability.

Engineers were involved? I wish I could be sure. But that looks to my
amateur eye like a failure that started at the weld, which implies a
manufacturing failure rather than a design failure, notwithstanding that
the spec for the joint could be inherently flawed.

Oddball grid-structured tubes:

http://www.titusti.com/ligero.html

Actual nanotube-using frame:

http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/?pg=fullstory&id=3870