PDA

View Full Version : Cycling in San Diego

December 12th 06, 11:46 PM
Can anybody recommend any routes for cycling in the San Diego area. A
friend and I are planning to spend a week in San Diego between Dec 24
and 31 and would like to put some good miles in. Can someone also
recommend a low-budget place to stay while we are there?

December 13th 06, 01:57 AM
wrote:
> Can anybody recommend any routes for cycling in the San Diego area. A
> friend and I are planning to spend a week in San Diego between Dec 24
> and 31 and would like to put some good miles in. Can someone also
> recommend a low-budget place to stay while we are there?

Routes:

Good book:
http://www.amazon.com/Cycling-San-Diego-Nelson-Copp/dp/0932653529

http://www.efgh.com/bike/index.html

http://www.bicyclingsandiego.com/Pages/kimbo.html

http://ucsdcycling.org/modules.php?name=Routes

http://www.rainbowcyclists.org/routes.htm

http://www.sdbc.org/core/template.php?page=ride.satride

or ... get yourself lost in any area of what we call North County
Coastal. Start on the Coast highway, ride along the ocean, turn
inland, and figure it out.

Lodging? Hmm. I'll defer to somebody else on that one. It's
Christmas ... and we do live in Paradise, ya' know ;-)

Enjoy. Watch for the motorists. I don't think they're any better here
than anywhere else.

Neil

December 13th 06, 12:49 PM
Hello!
wrote:
> Can anybody recommend any routes for cycling in the San Diego area. A
> friend and I are planning to spend a week in San Diego between Dec 24
> and 31 and would like to put some good miles in. Can someone also
> recommend a low-budget place to stay while we are there?

Can't help with the lodging, BUT Phil Edelsky's got a fine list of
local rides and riding groups. The clubs often have their own favorite
rides on their web sites. www.efgh.com and click on the bike ridie
item.

Robert Leone

December 13th 06, 05:01 PM
wrote:
> Can anybody recommend any routes for cycling in the San Diego area. A
> friend and I are planning to spend a week in San Diego between Dec 24
> and 31 and would like to put some good miles in. Can someone also
> recommend a low-budget place to stay while we are there?

Some nice rides are on this website.

http://www.sandiegocenturyriders.com/

My recommendation is to skip the coastal rides and the traffic and head
into the mountains east of town. I also have the same week off.
That's what I plan on doing. The above link has many rural rides in
the hills.

Regarding accomodations, after you decide where to ride just Google the
inexpensive hotel chains and look for one in your area.

Enjoy,
Tom

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home