PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Steer Tube ?

GlaucMan
July 9th 03, 12:36 PM
My Serotta F2 fork, made by Reynolds, has a carbon steer tube. The
metal insert in the top which functions as a star nut in this carbon
application has come unglued. What type of epoxy should I use to
reattach this to the steer tube?

Thanks,

Henry

Qui si parla Campagnolo
July 9th 03, 02:15 PM
<< My Serotta F2 fork, made by Reynolds, has a carbon steer tube. The
metal insert in the top which functions as a star nut in this carbon
application has come unglued. What type of epoxy should I use to
reattach this to the steer tube?
>><BR><BR>

JB Weld. I thought that Alpha Q were the ones with the glued in insert, now
made by True Temper??

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

Rick Onanian
July 10th 03, 04:44 PM
On 09 Jul 2003 13:15:17 GMT, Qui si parla Campagnolo >
wrote:

> << My Serotta F2 fork, made by Reynolds, has a carbon steer tube. >
> application has come unglued. What type of epoxy should I use to
> reattach this to the steer tube?
>
> JB Weld. I thought that Alpha Q were the ones with the glued in --

Availability note:
JB Weld is easily enough found at your local Home Depot.

-Rick

GlaucMan
July 10th 03, 10:03 PM
Peter stated:
> JB Weld. I thought that Alpha Q were the ones with the glued in insert, now
> made by True Temper??

It is true the Alpha Q forks do use a epoxied metal insert. However
the Serotta F2, by Reynolds, does also. In any event I reglued the
insert yesterday per Serotta's instruction. We used the samed epoxy,
whose named I failed to get from the LBS, that is used on the True
Temper Alpha Q forks.

Henry

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home