PDA

View Full Version : Pro Cycling Headlines

Bjorn
December 14th 06, 06:00 PM
Since I couldn't keep up with monitoring the cycling web sites, especially
at work, I created:

www.procyclingpress.com

which displays the headlines/link. I will add other cycling web sites as
time permits. It's currently updated every 4 hours-I will eventually make
this once/hour, but currentlystill working on the sorting...
Any comments, feedback, or ideas which other sites to add are greatly
appreciated:

(remove the 777)

Thanks!

Ryan Cousineau
December 15th 06, 06:43 AM
In article >,
"Bjorn" > wrote:

> Since I couldn't keep up with monitoring the cycling web sites, especially
> at work, I created:
>
> www.procyclingpress.com
>
> which displays the headlines/link. I will add other cycling web sites as
> time permits. It's currently updated every 4 hours-I will eventually make
> this once/hour, but currentlystill working on the sorting...
> Any comments, feedback, or ideas which other sites to add are greatly
> appreciated:
>
> (remove the 777)
>

> Thanks!

Given than cyclingnews.com still doesn't seem to have an rss feed, this
could be pretty useful.

If, that is, you added an rss feed to your site.

Bjorn
December 15th 06, 05:07 PM
"Ryan Cousineau" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Bjorn" > wrote:

<snip>
>> at work, I created:
>> www.procyclingpress.com
>>

> Given than cyclingnews.com still doesn't seem to have an rss feed, this
> could be pretty useful.
>
> If, that is, you added an rss feed to your site.

Thanks for the feedback. Given my time constraints I don't know when I will
get to that, but I'll keep it in mind!

bjorn

Davey Crockett
December 15th 06, 05:33 PM
Ryan Cousineau > writes:

> In article >,
> "Bjorn" > wrote:
>
> > Since I couldn't keep up with monitoring the cycling web sites, especially
> > at work, I created:
> >
> > www.procyclingpress.com
> >
> > which displays the headlines/link. I will add other cycling web sites as
> > time permits. It's currently updated every 4 hours-I will eventually make
> > this once/hour, but currentlystill working on the sorting...
> > Any comments, feedback, or ideas which other sites to add are greatly
> > appreciated:
> >
> > (remove the 777)
> >

> > Thanks!
>
> Given than cyclingnews.com still doesn't seem to have an rss feed, this
> could be pretty useful.
>
> If, that is, you added an rss feed to your site.

Davey can help out with the RSS feed if needed

'Taint exactly Rocket-Science but can be a pain in the ass

If you are interested, email Davey your phone number and Davey will
call you about it.

Or you can crib some stuff, like know-how, not content, off Davey's
old site
http://sixday.741.com/
although the technomogy needs a little tweeking to bring it up to date
and there is spam on the site now since Davey quit paying the monthly fee
--
Le vent à Dos
Davey Crockett [No 4Q to reply]

Dan Connelly
December 15th 06, 05:46 PM
Ryan Cousineau wrote:
> In article >,
> "Bjorn" > wrote:
>
>> Since I couldn't keep up with monitoring the cycling web sites, especially
>> at work, I created:
>>
>> www.procyclingpress.com

> Given than cyclingnews.com still doesn't seem to have an rss feed, this
> could be pretty useful.

So -- without RSS, how was this web site created? Does a script
explicitly monitor these sites for content somehow?

Dan

Ewoud Dronkert
December 15th 06, 05:49 PM
Ryan Cousineau wrote:
> Given than cyclingnews.com still doesn't seem to have an rss feed

Hey! http://www.usrtriton.nl/cyclingnews/
Also
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/browse_frm/thread/9f80724f83b018ba

E.

Ewoud Dronkert
December 15th 06, 05:53 PM
Dan Connelly wrote:
> So -- without RSS, how was this web site created? Does a script
> explicitly monitor these sites for content somehow?

See http://www.usrtriton.nl/cyclingnews/rss.phps

E.

Snack
December 15th 06, 06:40 PM
Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
> Ryan Cousineau wrote:
>> Given than cyclingnews.com still doesn't seem to have an rss feed
>
> Hey! http://www.usrtriton.nl/cyclingnews/
> Also
> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/browse_frm/thread/9f80724f83b018ba
>

> E.

Collection of Cycling RSS Feeds
http://www.northbrookvelodrome.org/aggregator/sources
http://www.northbrookvelodrome.org/aggregator

Ewoud Dronkert
December 15th 06, 08:48 PM
Snack wrote:
> Collection of Cycling RSS Feeds
> http://www.northbrookvelodrome.org/aggregator/sources
> http://www.northbrookvelodrome.org/aggregator

They're using my CN rss feed as source. Which is fine.

E.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home