PDA

View Full Version : Re: Campy Headset Question

Qui si parla Campagnolo
July 9th 03, 02:51 PM
pete-<< I have a Campy Chorus threaded headset which is approximately three
years old. >><BR><BR>
<< How long is one of these headsets supposed to last? >><BR><BR>

On a well prepped headtube and with normal overhauls, and good adjustment,
almost forever. I have a HS on my fixie from 1986...still smooth.

<< Would
a Record headset serve me better in this fashion, or is it minimally
sealed like the Chorus? >><BR><BR>

Same headset with the abuility to inject grease into the lower cup-If you want
maintenence free-look at CK...but still need a good adjustment and prepped
headtube.

<< I don't want a King. Nice headset, but I don't want my bike to be a
billboard for their products. Any other suggestions for a low
maintenance, well-sealed and long-term durable headset? >><BR><BR>

otay-Ritchey makes a nice one-Skuzzy pro or something.

<< Or maybe buy the King and remove the lettering with a solvent?
>><BR><BR>

?????do ya remove all the labels from everything-take the names offa yer car???

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

Kenny Lee
July 9th 03, 03:51 PM
Appkiller wrote:

> I don't want a King. Nice headset, but I don't want my bike to be a
> billboard for their products. Any other suggestions for a low
> maintenance, well-sealed and long-term durable headset?
>
> Or maybe buy the King and remove the lettering with a solvent?
>
> TIA
>
> App

The lettering of the Chris King headset in silver is barely visable.

Kenny Lee

Appkiller
July 9th 03, 06:28 PM
<snip>

?????do ya remove all the labels from everything-take the names offa
yer car???

> Peter Chisholm
<snip>

I don't derive my self-worth from the sum total of my material
possessions (otherwise my ti frame would identify itself as such). I
try to avoid being a billboard - it isn't until this year that I got a
jersey with more than one color and any text other than the
manufacturer's name.

I already have Thomson, Salsa, Campy, Paramount, Mavic, yada, yada,
yada all over my bike. It's not one prominently displayed brand name
but the collective weight of brand names - one more and I should be
compensated for the advertising space.

App

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home