PDA

View Full Version : LIVEDRUNK jerseys: getting serious

Ryan Cousineau
December 16th 06, 09:01 AM
Okay, here's my thoughts...

I have what seem to be 13 committed orders for a LIVEDRUNK jersey.
That's enough to hit the first good price break. I may be able to sell a
few more to others, but the next magic number would be 30 for another
price cut. Probably not going to make that.

http://www.portlandcyclewear.com/page/page/3163257.htm

Looking at that page, I note that ANY style or colour of jerseys can be
combined for the minimum order size. That means...we don't have to
choose. Long sleeve, short sleeve, and any colour you like.

The only common element will be the LIVEDRUNK logo. Flocked or
embroidered?

Flocking costs $3.50 per jersey, 1 line of text
Embroidery is $12, but we can do 2 lines. Suggestions for a second line
(rec.bicycles.racing? nothing?) encouraged.

To reiterate, we'll have to pick one or the other for ALL jerseys.

Price breakdown, typical examples:

Long sleeve jersey, embroidered: $51+$12+shipping ($6-15 non-rush) =
~$73 to you.

Short sleeve, flocked: $46.50+$3.50+shipping = ~$60 to you.

That's about the best and worst case scenarios. If we did a custom
not-just-his-stock-fonts logo, it would be more expensive.

Order details:

-site currently says shirts are back-ordered to February, so be prepared
to wait.
-Unless the site owner is prepared to ship each shirt individually, I'll
receive them all and forward them out. They'll probably go parcel post
unless you prefer to pay for a faster method. I'll charge true shipping
and repackaging costs, as best as possible. To give you an idea, I
plugged France into the Canada Post ship-o-matic calculator, and
slow-boat shipping would be about C$12, plus whatever a decent envelope
costs me.
-Unless there is strenuous objection, I intend to demand payment in
advance, by PayPal. The vendor accepts PayPal, so that seems to simplify
the agony of moving the money.

What's next:
-complain in this thread about the design, reach consensus on
embroidered versus flocking and design details (font, second line, etc.)
-I write to site guy and figure out where to send 20% "reservation"
deposit.

Then:
-"design" finalized
-website tells me when and how to pay deposit
-you pick jersey style, paypal me deposit
-I send in deposits plus jersey order

Finally:
-you pay me balance
-I pay jersey guys
-Jerseys logo-ized, shipped to me
-I break* and re-ship the order to all of you
-weeks later, you receive jersey, wear on your next club ride, hilarity
ensues. Wear to pub, get people buying you drinks. Wear to Lance
Armstrong Foundation fundraiser, get ass totally kicked.

*note use of actual shipping terminology, learned from my brother

Suggestions? Complaints? Design plans?

Kyle Legate
December 16th 06, 07:16 PM
Ryan Cousineau wrote:
> Okay, here's my thoughts...
>

> Suggestions? Complaints? Design plans?

Oooh, I'm about to get my first wool jersey. I guess that means I'm
still young. That also means that I would prefer a flocked LIVEDRUNK
only because of the comments from people I think know about these things.

The font should not be comic sans:
http://bancomicsans.com/home.html

but aside from that, the excitement of my first wool jersey means that I
would also be pleased with an embroidered logo.

What font is on the yellow bracelet?

Michael Press
December 16th 06, 07:43 PM
In article
Ryan Cousineau > wrote:

> [...]
> embroidered versus flocking and design details (font, second line, etc.)
> -I write to site guy and figure out where to send 20% "reservation"
> deposit.
>
> Then:
> -"design" finalized
> -website tells me when and how to pay deposit
> -you pick jersey style, paypal me deposit
> -I send in deposits plus jersey order
>
> Finally:
> -you pay me balance
> -I pay jersey guys
> -Jerseys logo-ized, shipped to me
> -I break* and re-ship the order to all of you
> -weeks later, you receive jersey, wear on your next club ride, hilarity
> ensues. Wear to pub, get people buying you drinks. Wear to Lance
> Armstrong Foundation fundraiser, get ass totally kicked.
>
> *note use of actual shipping terminology, learned from my brother

I am still in. The various design plans indicated are
fine with me. Is that your email address up there?

--
Michael Press

Bill C
December 16th 06, 07:49 PM
On Dec 16, 2:16 pm, Kyle Legate > wrote:
> Ryan Cousineau wrote:
> > Okay, here's my thoughts...
>
> > Suggestions? Complaints? Design plans?Oooh, I'm about to get my first wool jersey. I guess that means I'm
> still young. That also means that I would prefer a flocked LIVEDRUNK
> only because of the comments from people I think know about these things.
>
> The font should not be comic sans:http://bancomicsans.com/home.html
>
> but aside from that, the excitement of my first wool jersey means that I
> would also be pleased with an embroidered logo.
>
> What font is on the yellow bracelet?
I'm voting for embroidered too, and am definitely in.
Bill C

Kurgan Gringioni
December 16th 06, 08:06 PM
Ryan Cousineau wrote:
> Okay, here's my thoughts...
>
> I have what seem to be 13 committed orders for a LIVEDRUNK jersey.

Dumbass -

I'd probably get more than one. Those things will make great wedding
gifts (especially since most wedding gifts suck).

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

William Asher
December 16th 06, 10:53 PM
"Kurgan Gringioni" > wrote in
ups.com:

> Ryan Cousineau wrote:
>> Okay, here's my thoughts...
>>
>> I have what seem to be 13 committed orders for a LIVEDRUNK jersey.
>
> I'd probably get more than one. Those things will make great wedding
> gifts (especially since most wedding gifts suck).

In that case, maybe you could get the second line to read: "Stay
married"

--
Bill Asher

William Asher
December 16th 06, 11:05 PM
Ryan Cousineau > wrote in
:

> Okay, here's my thoughts...
>
> I have what seem to be 13 committed orders for a LIVEDRUNK jersey.
> That's enough to hit the first good price break. I may be able to sell
> a few more to others, but the next magic number would be 30 for
> another price cut. Probably not going to make that.
>
> http://www.portlandcyclewear.com/page/page/3163257.htm

Ok, I want one too. I would prefer the embroidered logo. In that case,
I think the second line should be:

-Benjamin Franklin

because the world needs more completely obscure "in" jokes, it makes a
great opening line icebreaker after the ride, and for all we know, maybe
Franklin really did say that at some point in his life.

You're in B.C. right? Are there any GST issues for you shipping these
over the border and back for those of us living in the U.S.? If there
are, maybe we could get them sent to Heather, she sends them off all
over the country. What does she get out of it? We all kick in a little
extra and that's how she gets her jersey. She could probably even get
someone here to clean her bicycle for her if she modeled it for them in
person. If you do all the shipping we don't kick in extra for you
because nobody cares if your bicycle is clean and if we want to see what
you look like in the jersey we just have to look in the mirror, except
there will be two of us, as usual.

--
Bill Asher

Howard Kveck
December 17th 06, 03:23 AM
In article >,
William Asher > wrote:

> Ryan Cousineau > wrote in
> :
>
> > Okay, here's my thoughts...
> >
> > I have what seem to be 13 committed orders for a LIVEDRUNK jersey.
> > That's enough to hit the first good price break. I may be able to sell
> > a few more to others, but the next magic number would be 30 for
> > another price cut. Probably not going to make that.
> >
> > http://www.portlandcyclewear.com/page/page/3163257.htm
>
> Ok, I want one too. I would prefer the embroidered logo. In that case,
> I think the second line should be:
>
> -Benjamin Franklin
>
> because the world needs more completely obscure "in" jokes, it makes a
> great opening line icebreaker after the ride, and for all we know, maybe
> Franklin really did say that at some point in his life.

That is a good inside joke. Now if we could find a way to incorporate "apaling"
and "stocker" it would be complete.

--
tanx,
Howard

Never take a tenant with a monkey.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Ryan Cousineau
December 17th 06, 05:50 AM
In article >,
Michael Press > wrote:

> In article
> >,
> Ryan Cousineau > wrote:
>
> I am still in. The various design plans indicated are
> fine with me. Is that your email address up there?

Yes. that email address actually works.

Robert Chung
December 17th 06, 10:21 PM
Ryan Cousineau wrote:
> The only common element will be the LIVEDRUNK logo. Flocked or
> embroidered?
>
> Flocking costs $3.50 per jersey, 1 line of text
> Embroidery is $12, but we can do 2 lines. Suggestions for a second line
> (rec.bicycles.racing? nothing?) encouraged.

I think flocking is probably more authentic, but embroidery has the
advantage of two lines. I sorta like Asher's 2nd line, so I'd vote for
embroidery.

Gabe Brovedani
December 18th 06, 12:01 AM
Ryan Cousineau wrote:

> Suggestions? Complaints? Design plans?

No design decisions should be made without whiskey (or bourbon) or
brandy. You should probably extend this to when payments are made so
that we get to explain to our spouses why a 730.00 dollar jersey was
worth it.

Gabe

Gabe Brovedani
December 18th 06, 12:06 AM
Robert Chung wrote:
> Ryan Cousineau wrote:
>
>>The only common element will be the LIVEDRUNK logo. Flocked or
>>embroidered?
>>
>>Flocking costs $3.50 per jersey, 1 line of text
>>Embroidery is $12, but we can do 2 lines. Suggestions for a second line
>>(rec.bicycles.racing? nothing?) encouraged.
>

> I think flocking is probably more authentic, but embroidery has the
> advantage of two lines. I sorta like Asher's 2nd line, so I'd vote for
> embroidery.

I vote embroidered. Which Asher line: Benjamin Franklin or Stay
Married? I tend to like rec.bicycles.racing but the utterly obscure
Benjamin Franklin is very funny and Americocentric to boot.

Gabe

h squared
December 18th 06, 02:46 AM
William Asher wrote:

> You're in B.C. right? Are there any GST issues for you shipping these
> over the border and back for those of us living in the U.S.? If there
> are, maybe we could get them sent to Heather, she sends them off all
> over the country. What does she get out of it? We all kick in a little
> extra and that's how she gets her jersey. She could probably even get
> someone here to clean her bicycle for her if she modeled it for them in
> person. If you do all the shipping we don't kick in extra for you
> because nobody cares if your bicycle is clean and if we want to see what
> you look like in the jersey we just have to look in the mirror, except
> there will be two of us, as usual.

ok, but if you get a jersey then i don't need to get my own because i
can just conveniently borrow yours for my frequent (NOT...) race days.
don't we wear the same size? mmmm, stinky girl sweat :)

although i am willing to help with shipping without requiring any kind
of "jersey tax" if it will save a bunch of money for everyone else. just
not before christmas.

heather

Davey Crockett
December 18th 06, 05:58 AM
h squared > writes:

> William Asher wrote:
>
> > You're in B.C. right? Are there any GST issues for you shipping these
> > over the border and back for those of us living in the U.S.?

Mark the packages something like "Used clothing being returned to
Owner"

Value "10 Roublez, NCV" NCV=="No Commercial Value"

Always worked for Davey who fervently believes in Free Trade

--
Le vent à Dos
Davey Crockett [No 4Q to reply]

William Asher
December 18th 06, 07:05 AM
Gabe Brovedani > wrote in news:ETkhh.10433$hI.466
@newssvr11.news.prodigy.net:

> Ryan Cousineau wrote:
>
>> Suggestions? Complaints? Design plans?
>>

> No design decisions should be made without whiskey (or bourbon) or
> brandy. You should probably extend this to when payments are made so
> that we get to explain to our spouses why a 730.00 dollar jersey was
> worth it.

Harder explaining to your spouse is why she needs a shot of penicillin
because you have a kidney infection.

--
Bill Asher

William Asher
December 18th 06, 07:11 AM
h squared > wrote in
:

<snip>

> ok, but if you get a jersey then i don't need to get my own because i
> can just conveniently borrow yours for my frequent (NOT...) race days.
> don't we wear the same size? mmmm, stinky girl sweat :)
>
> although i am willing to help with shipping without requiring any kind
> of "jersey tax" if it will save a bunch of money for everyone else.
> just not before christmas.

Girls sweat?!?!?!? eeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--
Bill Asher

Kurgan Gringioni
December 18th 06, 07:12 AM
William Asher wrote:
> Gabe Brovedani > wrote in news:ETkhh.10433$hI.466
> @newssvr11.news.prodigy.net:
>
> > Ryan Cousineau wrote:
> >
> >> Suggestions? Complaints? Design plans?
> >>

> > No design decisions should be made without whiskey (or bourbon) or
> > brandy. You should probably extend this to when payments are made so
> > that we get to explain to our spouses why a 730.00 dollar jersey was
> > worth it.
>
> Harder explaining to your spouse is why she needs a shot of penicillin
> because you have a kidney infection.

Dumbass -

Your wife is gullible enough to believe the "this stuff on my penis
(gonnorhea) is from my kidney infection" line?

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

William Asher
December 18th 06, 07:15 AM
"Robert Chung" > wrote in
:

> Ryan Cousineau wrote:
>> The only common element will be the LIVEDRUNK logo. Flocked or
>> embroidered?
>>
>> Flocking costs $3.50 per jersey, 1 line of text
>> Embroidery is $12, but we can do 2 lines. Suggestions for a second
>> line (rec.bicycles.racing? nothing?) encouraged.
>
> I think flocking is probably more authentic, but embroidery has the
> advantage of two lines. I sorta like Asher's 2nd line, so I'd vote for
> embroidery.

Embroidery would also remind the Canadians more of a hockey sweater and
if you want to attract Canadian business there is nothing better than
making your product look, feel, smell, taste, and sound like a hockey
sweater.

--
Bill Asher

William Asher
December 18th 06, 07:21 AM
"Kurgan Gringioni" > wrote in
ups.com:

> William Asher wrote:
>> Gabe Brovedani > wrote in news:ETkhh.10433$hI.466
>> @newssvr11.news.prodigy.net:

>> > No design decisions should be made without whiskey (or bourbon) or
>> > brandy. You should probably extend this to when payments are made so
>> > that we get to explain to our spouses why a 730.00 dollar jersey was
>> > worth it.
>>
>> Harder explaining to your spouse is why she needs a shot of penicillin
>> because you have a kidney infection.
>
> Dumbass -
>
> Your wife is gullible enough to believe the "this stuff on my penis
> (gonnorhea) is from my kidney infection" line?

If she was dumb enough to marry you (or me or whoever), she'll probably
believe anything. Besides:

Seen a man standin’ over a dead dog lyin’ by the highway in a ditch
He’s lookin’ down kinda puzzled pokin’ that dog with a stick
Got his car door flung open he’s standin’ out on highway 31
Like if he stood there long enough that dog’d get up and run
Struck me kinda funny seem kinda funny sir to me
Still at the end of every hard earned day people find some reason to
believe

-da Boss

--
Bill Asher

Ewoud Dronkert
December 18th 06, 07:29 AM
On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 00:06:02 GMT, Gabe Brovedani wrote:
> Benjamin Franklin is very funny and Americocentric to boot.

Ben Franklin but make it look like LANCE's autograph.

--
E. Dronkert

Donald Munro
December 18th 06, 01:59 PM

h squared wrote:
> don't we wear the same size? mmmm, stinky girl sweat :)

Dumbass,
He actually wants to share your bib-shorts with you.

Ewoud Dronkert
December 18th 06, 10:49 PM
Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 00:06:02 GMT, Gabe Brovedani wrote:
>> Benjamin Franklin is very funny and Americocentric to boot.
>
> Ben Franklin but make it look like LANCE's autograph.

LIVEDRUNK - Think of the children
LIVEDRUNK - Because your worth it
What am I on? - LIVEDRUNK
LIVEDRUNK - Lasts more than 365 days
LIVEDRUNK - Is this acceptable???
LIVEDRUNK - Proud sponsor of Duvel
LIVEDRUNK - The tumor of RBR
LIVEDRUNK - Or get dropped

--
E. Dronkert

Kurgan Gringioni
December 18th 06, 11:00 PM
Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
> Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
> > On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 00:06:02 GMT, Gabe Brovedani wrote:
> >> Benjamin Franklin is very funny and Americocentric to boot.
> >
> > Ben Franklin but make it look like LANCE's autograph.
>
> LIVEDRUNK - Think of the children
> LIVEDRUNK - Because your worth it
> What am I on? - LIVEDRUNK
> LIVEDRUNK - Lasts more than 365 days
> LIVEDRUNK - Is this acceptable???
> LIVEDRUNK - Proud sponsor of Duvel
> LIVEDRUNK - The tumor of RBR
> LIVEDRUNK - Or get dropped

Dumbass -

LIVEDRUNK - How about them apples?
LIVEDRUNK - it's made me whom I am today
LIVEDRUNK - Super Motivated!

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

December 19th 06, 12:33 AM
Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
> Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
> > Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
> > >
> > > Ben Franklin but make it look like LANCE's autograph.
> >
> > LIVEDRUNK - Think of the children
> > LIVEDRUNK - Because your worth it
> > What am I on? - LIVEDRUNK
> > LIVEDRUNK - Lasts more than 365 days
> > LIVEDRUNK - Is this acceptable???
> > LIVEDRUNK - Proud sponsor of Duvel
> > LIVEDRUNK - The tumor of RBR
> > LIVEDRUNK - Or get dropped
>
> Dumbass -
>
> LIVEDRUNK - How about them apples?
> LIVEDRUNK - it's made me whom I am today
> LIVEDRUNK - Super Motivated!

Dumbass,

LIVEDRUNK - A Force To Be Reckoned With

Ben

ST
December 19th 06, 04:57 AM
On 12/18/06 3:00 PM, in article
om, "Kurgan Gringioni"
> wrote:

> Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
>> Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
>>>
>>> Ben Franklin but make it look like LANCE's autograph.
>>
>> LIVEDRUNK - Think of the children
>> LIVEDRUNK - Because your worth it
>> What am I on? - LIVEDRUNK
>> LIVEDRUNK - Lasts more than 365 days
>> LIVEDRUNK - Is this acceptable???
>> LIVEDRUNK - Proud sponsor of Duvel
>> LIVEDRUNK - The tumor of RBR
>> LIVEDRUNK - Or get dropped
>

> Dumbass -
>

> LIVEDRUNK - How about them apples?
> LIVEDRUNK - it's made me whom I am today
> LIVEDRUNK - Super Motivated!
>

> thanks,
>
> K. Gringioni.

Dumberass -

LIVEDRUNK - Breakfast of Champions!

Kurgan Gringioni
December 19th 06, 05:56 AM
wrote:

> > Dumbass -
> >
> > LIVEDRUNK - How about them apples?
> > LIVEDRUNK - it's made me whom I am today
> > LIVEDRUNK - Super Motivated!
>
> Dumbass,
>
> LIVEDRUNK - A Force To Be Reckoned With
>
> Ben

Dumbass -

How do you know about that? You were around then or did you hear about
the aftermath?

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Kyle Legate
December 19th 06, 07:20 AM
ST wrote:
> On 12/18/06 3:00 PM, in article
> om, "Kurgan Gringioni"
> > wrote:
>
>> Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
>>> LIVEDRUNK - Think of the children
>>> LIVEDRUNK - Because your worth it
>>> What am I on? - LIVEDRUNK
>>> LIVEDRUNK - Lasts more than 365 days
>>> LIVEDRUNK - Is this acceptable???
>>> LIVEDRUNK - Proud sponsor of Duvel
>>> LIVEDRUNK - The tumor of RBR
>>> LIVEDRUNK - Or get dropped
>>

>> Dumbass -
>>

>> LIVEDRUNK - How about them apples?
>> LIVEDRUNK - it's made me whom I am today
>> LIVEDRUNK - Super Motivated!
>>

>> thanks,
>>
>> K. Gringioni.
>>

> Dumberass -
>
> LIVEDRUNK - Breakfast of Champions!

Just

LIVEDRUNK

Ewoud Dronkert
December 19th 06, 07:38 AM
On 18 Dec 2006 21:56:28 -0800, Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
> How do you know about that? You were around then or did you hear
> about the aftermath?

After, before; Ben loves his math.

--
E. Dronkert

Howard Kveck
December 19th 06, 07:59 AM
In article . com>,
"Kurgan Gringioni" > wrote:

> wrote:
> > >
> > > Dumbass -
> > >
> > > LIVEDRUNK - How about them apples?
> > > LIVEDRUNK - it's made me whom I am today
> > > LIVEDRUNK - Super Motivated!
> >
> > Dumbass,
> >
> > LIVEDRUNK - A Force To Be Reckoned With
> >
> > Ben
>

> Dumbass -
>

> How do you know about that? You were around then or did you hear about
> the aftermath?

I seem to remember you mentioning it at least once in here. Aftermath?

--
tanx,
Howard

Never take a tenant with a monkey.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Michael Press
December 19th 06, 08:34 AM
In article
>,
Ewoud Dronkert >
wrote:

> Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
> > On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 00:06:02 GMT, Gabe Brovedani wrote:
> >> Benjamin Franklin is very funny and Americocentric to boot.
> >
> > Ben Franklin but make it look like LANCE's autograph.

> LIVEDRUNK - Think of the children

> LIVEDRUNK - Because your worth it

> What am I on? - LIVEDRUNK

> LIVEDRUNK - Lasts more than 365 days

> LIVEDRUNK - Is this acceptable???

> LIVEDRUNK - Proud sponsor of Duvel

> LIVEDRUNK - The tumor of RBR

> LIVEDRUNK - Or get dropped

a, f, g are superb. b, just because.

LIVEDRUNK - Not that there's anything wrong with that.

--
Michael Press

Ewoud Dronkert
December 19th 06, 09:54 AM
On 18 Dec 2006 16:33:21 -0800, wrote:

>>> LIVEDRUNK - Think of the children
>>> LIVEDRUNK - Because your worth it
>>> What am I on? - LIVEDRUNK
>>> LIVEDRUNK - Lasts more than 365 days
>>> LIVEDRUNK - Is this acceptable???
>>> LIVEDRUNK - Proud sponsor of Duvel
>>> LIVEDRUNK - The tumor of RBR
>>> LIVEDRUNK - Or get dropped
>>
>> LIVEDRUNK - How about them apples?
>> LIVEDRUNK - it's made me whom I am today
>> LIVEDRUNK - Super Motivated!
>
> LIVEDRUNK - A Force To Be Reckoned With

LIVEDRUNK - Ball cancer is gay
LIVEDRUNK - Die in my wheel
LIVEDRUNK - Two olives please or one heather
LIVEDRUNK - Mixin' it up
LIVEDRUNK - Got beer?
LIVEDRUNK - Positive Dope

--
E. Dronkert

Donald Munro
December 19th 06, 02:14 PM
Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
> LIVEDRUNK - Lasts more than 365 days

LIVEDRUNK - Exceeds all EU warranties

Ryan Cousineau
December 19th 06, 05:38 PM
In article >,
William Asher > wrote:

> Ryan Cousineau > wrote in
> :
>
> > Okay, here's my thoughts...
> >
> > I have what seem to be 13 committed orders for a LIVEDRUNK jersey.
> > That's enough to hit the first good price break. I may be able to sell
> > a few more to others, but the next magic number would be 30 for
> > another price cut. Probably not going to make that.
> >
> > http://www.portlandcyclewear.com/page/page/3163257.htm
>
> Ok, I want one too. I would prefer the embroidered logo. In that case,
> I think the second line should be:
>
> -Benjamin Franklin
>
> because the world needs more completely obscure "in" jokes, it makes a
> great opening line icebreaker after the ride, and for all we know, maybe
> Franklin really did say that at some point in his life.
>
> You're in B.C. right? Are there any GST issues for you shipping these
> over the border and back for those of us living in the U.S.? If there
> are, maybe we could get them sent to Heather, she sends them off all
> over the country. What does she get out of it? We all kick in a little
> extra and that's how she gets her jersey. She could probably even get
> someone here to clean her bicycle for her if she modeled it for them in
> person. If you do all the shipping we don't kick in extra for you
> because nobody cares if your bicycle is clean and if we want to see what
> you look like in the jersey we just have to look in the mirror, except
> there will be two of us, as usual.

I hadn't thought of the GST issues....

It's worth some consideration, for sure.

Oh right, now I remembered: after talking to the jersey vendor, he said
no problem about shipping out jersey to a bunch of addresses, as long as
he gets to charge shipping (duh!) on each separate address.

So unless anyone finds his shipping costs objectionable, I'd just go
with that option. If you are in geographical proximity to someone on
this group, though, by all means combine the order to save shipping
costs.

I'm around Vancouver, so anyone in the area who wants to get a jersey is
welcome to contact me.

We should still combine the initial order, since I'm pretty sure
Portland's economies of scale go completely out the window if he
actually has to talk to 20 people, especially 20 rbr people.

William Asher
December 19th 06, 06:35 PM
Ryan Cousineau wrote:

> I hadn't thought of the GST issues....
>
> It's worth some consideration, for sure.
>
> Oh right, now I remembered: after talking to the jersey vendor, he said
> no problem about shipping out jersey to a bunch of addresses, as long as
> he gets to charge shipping (duh!) on each separate address.

That's convenient on the shipping. In that case GST won't be an issue.

In other words: never mind.

--
Bill Asher

Donald Munro
December 19th 06, 07:09 PM
Ryan Cousineau wrote:
> I have what seem to be 13 committed orders for a LIVEDRUNK jersey.
> That's enough to hit the first good price break. I may be able to sell a
> few more to others

Perhaps Santa will buy one:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2006/dec06/UScrossnats06/index.php?id=/photos/2006/dec06/UScrossnats06/UScrossnats0612/121706ecX_NATS_MISC_004

Ryan Cousineau
December 19th 06, 09:32 PM
In article >,
Gabe Brovedani > wrote:

> Robert Chung wrote:
> > Ryan Cousineau wrote:
> >
> >>The only common element will be the LIVEDRUNK logo. Flocked or
> >>embroidered?
> >>
> >>Flocking costs $3.50 per jersey, 1 line of text
> >>Embroidery is $12, but we can do 2 lines. Suggestions for a second line
> >>(rec.bicycles.racing? nothing?) encouraged.
> >

> > I think flocking is probably more authentic, but embroidery has the
> > advantage of two lines. I sorta like Asher's 2nd line, so I'd vote for
> > embroidery.
> >

> I vote embroidered. Which Asher line: Benjamin Franklin or Stay
> Married? I tend to like rec.bicycles.racing but the utterly obscure
> Benjamin Franklin is very funny and Americocentric to boot.
>
> Gabe

You know, it hadn't occurred to me that aside from the "marriage is
hell" bromide in "stay married," it's also a subtle jab at Lance!

What, no nominations for...

-It's Millar Time
-This buzz for you
-I can't feel my legs!

&c...

I am going to pretend that in a few days someone collects all the
second-line suggestions and puts them on a survey website.

Ryan Cousineau
December 19th 06, 09:43 PM
In article om>,
"Kurgan Gringioni" > wrote:

> Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
> > Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
> > >
> > > Ben Franklin but make it look like LANCE's autograph.
> >
> > LIVEDRUNK - Think of the children
> > LIVEDRUNK - Because your worth it
> > What am I on? - LIVEDRUNK
> > LIVEDRUNK - Lasts more than 365 days
> > LIVEDRUNK - Is this acceptable???
> > LIVEDRUNK - Proud sponsor of Duvel
> > LIVEDRUNK - The tumor of RBR
> > LIVEDRUNK - Or get dropped
>

> Dumbass -
>

> LIVEDRUNK - How about them apples?
> LIVEDRUNK - it's made me whom I am today
> LIVEDRUNK - Super Motivated!

Shurely the first one should be "How do you like me now?"

December 20th 06, 02:43 AM
Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
> wrote:
>
> > Dumbass,
> >
> > LIVEDRUNK - A Force To Be Reckoned With
>
> Dumbass -
>
> How do you know about that? You were around then or did you hear about
> the aftermath?

Dumbass,

It's not like you haven't talked about it repeatedly. But,
I think I was lurking in RBR at the time of the original thread.
I don't know the actual participants IRL (or any RL aftermath,
if there was one).

There are some funny funny threads in the archives. It's a
damn shame Tom Kunich ruined RBR by driving Myerson
away.

Ben

P.S. I think it should just say LIVEDRUNK, nothing else.
Less is more, and all that. One of the reasons the original
Livestrong stuff worked was the minimal design. Also, I
favor embroidered lettering - it doesn't cost much more and
is classier, and I have always aspired to be a classy drunk.

Howard Kveck
December 20th 06, 07:47 AM
In article om>,
" > wrote:

> Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Dumbass,
> > >
> > > LIVEDRUNK - A Force To Be Reckoned With
> >
> > Dumbass -
> >
> > How do you know about that? You were around then or did you hear about
> > the aftermath?
>
> Dumbass,
>
> It's not like you haven't talked about it repeatedly. But,
> I think I was lurking in RBR at the time of the original thread.
> I don't know the actual participants IRL (or any RL aftermath,
> if there was one).
>
> There are some funny funny threads in the archives. It's a
> damn shame Tom Kunich ruined RBR by driving Myerson
> away.

But TK swears that people like Myerson and others were bringing down the tone of
this group. Heh...

> P.S. I think it should just say LIVEDRUNK, nothing else.
> Less is more, and all that. One of the reasons the original
> Livestrong stuff worked was the minimal design.

I agree with this, although if everyone else is in favor of more then I'd say go
with Wm. Asher's simple "-Benjamin Franklin" because it's all about the Benjamins.

> Also, I favor embroidered lettering - it doesn't cost much more and
> is classier, and I have always aspired to be a classy drunk.

Good thing to aspire to, of course.

--
tanx,
Howard

Never take a tenant with a monkey.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Donald Munro
December 20th 06, 10:44 AM

Howard Kveck wrote:
> Good thing to aspire to, of course.

Classy drunks don't drink beer.

bdbafh
December 20th 06, 02:37 PM
Donald Munro wrote:
> wrote:
> >> Also, I favor embroidered lettering - it doesn't cost much more and
> >> is classier, and I have always aspired to be a classy drunk.
>
> Howard Kveck wrote:
> > Good thing to aspire to, of course.
>
> Classy drunks don't drink beer.

Not even a magical brew such as Trappist Westvleteren 12?

http://www.sintsixtus.be/eng/index2.html

I had no idea that 30 euros could go so far.

-bdbafh

Ryan Cousineau
December 20th 06, 05:41 PM
In article >,
Donald Munro > wrote:

> wrote:
> >> Also, I favor embroidered lettering - it doesn't cost much more and
> >> is classier, and I have always aspired to be a classy drunk.
>
> Howard Kveck wrote:
> > Good thing to aspire to, of course.
>
> Classy drunks don't drink beer.

Don't listen to him! I've got more class shoved up my butt than he has
all over his body.

Ahem.

Beer is totally classy, as long as it's either European or has some
European tendencies (Unibroue qualifies under this clause, sub-category
"really froggy"). Bonus points if it is best served in a Duvel glass,
and you're actually drinking it from a Duvel glass.

And remember, it's always classy to be beer-drunk in a cyclocross beer
tent, because cyclocross is the new fixed gear.

singlespeed cyclocross will be the new fixed gear next year. Oddly, last
year the new fixed gear was 29ers.

Ryan Cousineau
December 20th 06, 05:44 PM
In article . com>,
"bdbafh" > wrote:

> Donald Munro wrote:
> >
> > Howard Kveck wrote:
> > > Good thing to aspire to, of course.
> >
> > Classy drunks don't drink beer.
>
> Not even a magical brew such as Trappist Westvleteren 12?
>
> http://www.sintsixtus.be/eng/index2.html
>
> I had no idea that 30 euros could go so far.
>
> -bdbafh

I find it charming that if you read the Trappists' pages, they seem
downright taken aback with the popularity of their beer. As in, you have
to come to the abbey to buy it, no resale is permitted (they probably
can't enforce that temporally, but that would be about the dumbest
reason ever for damnation: you should drink that beer yourself!), and
they'll only sell you limited quantities.

NTTAWWT. I have a great fondness for monks living under the Rule of St.
Benedict, even if they are Cistercians.

I guess I now have a reason to connect my next flight through Belgium,

William Asher
December 20th 06, 06:05 PM
Ryan Cousineau wrote:

<snip>

> And remember, it's always classy to be beer-drunk in a cyclocross beer
> tent, because cyclocross is the new fixed gear.
>
> singlespeed cyclocross will be the new fixed gear next year. Oddly, last
> year the new fixed gear was 29ers.

Can you predict how long it will be before friction-shifting 5-speed rear
derailleurs and short-blocks are the new fixed-gear?

--
Bill Asher

RicodJour
December 20th 06, 06:35 PM
Ryan Cousineau wrote:
> "bdbafh" > wrote:
> > Donald Munro wrote:
> > >
> > > Classy drunks don't drink beer.
> >
> > Not even a magical brew such as Trappist Westvleteren 12?
> >
> > http://www.sintsixtus.be/eng/index2.html
> >
> > I had no idea that 30 euros could go so far.
> >

> I find it charming that if you read the Trappists' pages, they seem
> downright taken aback with the popularity of their beer. As in, you have
> to come to the abbey to buy it, no resale is permitted (they probably
> can't enforce that temporally, but that would be about the dumbest
> reason ever for damnation: you should drink that beer yourself!), and
> they'll only sell you limited quantities.
>
> NTTAWWT. I have a great fondness for monks living under the Rule of St.
> Benedict, even if they are Cistercians.
>
> I guess I now have a reason to connect my next flight through Belgium,

Interesting that they require in advance the license number of the car
that would be picking up the Westvleteren 12. Is that so they can give
the Belgedarmes advance notice of who will be driving drunk and when?

Ryan Cousineau
December 21st 06, 02:05 AM
In article >,
William Asher > wrote:

> Ryan Cousineau wrote:
>
> <snip>
> >
> > And remember, it's always classy to be beer-drunk in a cyclocross beer
> > tent, because cyclocross is the new fixed gear.
> >
> > singlespeed cyclocross will be the new fixed gear next year. Oddly, last
> > year the new fixed gear was 29ers.
> >

> Can you predict how long it will be before friction-shifting 5-speed rear
> derailleurs and short-blocks are the new fixed-gear?

As soon as the fixie riders turn 40.

But William, dare to be out of it: my Miyata 210 commuter/winter/cargo
bike says they're here RIGHT NOW!

Ewoud Dronkert
December 21st 06, 06:21 PM
William Asher wrote:
> Can you predict how long it will be before friction-shifting 5-speed rear
> derailleurs and short-blocks are the new fixed-gear?

Sven Nijs will go back to 9-speed or else require radical improvement of
the 10-speed chain and derailler...

E.

William Asher
December 21st 06, 09:05 PM
Ryan Cousineau wrote:

> In article >,
> William Asher > wrote:
>
>> Ryan Cousineau wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>> >
>> > And remember, it's always classy to be beer-drunk in a cyclocross
>> > beer tent, because cyclocross is the new fixed gear.
>> >
>> > singlespeed cyclocross will be the new fixed gear next year. Oddly,
>> > last year the new fixed gear was 29ers.
>> >

>> Can you predict how long it will be before friction-shifting 5-speed
>> rear derailleurs and short-blocks are the new fixed-gear?
>
> As soon as the fixie riders turn 40.
>
> But William, dare to be out of it: my Miyata 210 commuter/winter/cargo
> bike says they're here RIGHT NOW!

You're going to start a new LIVEDRUNK trend where everyone tries to outdo
everyone else in terms of the biggest collection of crappy bikes. When Tom
gets back, we'll be hearing about how many Schwinn Varsities and
Continentals he has in his garage. Rather than even try to compete in that
game, can I just tell people I never bother shifting?

Maybe that could be the second line:

LIVEDRUNK
It's not about the bike

Or maybe someone already suggested that.

--
Bill Asher

Donald Munro
December 22nd 06, 07:17 AM
William Asher wrote:
> Maybe that could be the second line:
> LIVEDRUNK
> It's not about the bike

It's not about the beer

William R. Mattil
December 22nd 06, 02:26 PM
Donald Munro wrote:
> William Asher wrote:
>> Maybe that could be the second line:
>> LIVEDRUNK
>> It's not about the bike
>
> It's not about the beer

Dumbass,

When can we expect the book to be published ?

Bill

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home