PDA

View Full Version : journal: strenuous exercise creates false positives for rEPO test

Burt
December 17th 06, 11:41 AM
http://doucheblogcycling.blogspot.com/2006/12/wow-this-sucks-for-wada_17.html

MMan
December 18th 06, 08:57 PM
Burt wrote:
> http://doucheblogcycling.blogspot.com/2006/12/wow-this-sucks-for-wada_17.html

WADA will now ban strenuous exercise.

Dan Connelly
December 18th 06, 09:12 PM
MMan wrote:
> Burt wrote:
>> http://doucheblogcycling.blogspot.com/2006/12/wow-this-sucks-for-wada_17.html
>
> WADA will now ban strenuous exercise.

http://www.bloodjournal.org/cgi/content/full/108/5/1778

nobody
December 18th 06, 09:23 PM
On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 21:12:43 GMT, Dan Connelly
> wrote:

>MMan wrote:
>> Burt wrote:
>>> http://doucheblogcycling.blogspot.com/2006/12/wow-this-sucks-for-wada_17.html
>>
>> WADA will now ban strenuous exercise.
>>
>http://www.bloodjournal.org/cgi/content/full/108/5/1778

http://veloptimum.net/courses/athletes/Jeanson/E/6/DelangheReport.html

Steven L. Sheffield
December 19th 06, 01:47 AM
On 12/18/06 2:12 PM, in article
, "Dan Connelly"
> wrote:

> MMan wrote:
>> Burt wrote:

http://doucheblogcycling.blogspot.com/2006/12/wow-this-sucks-for-wada_17.htm>>>

>> WADA will now ban strenuous exercise.
>>
> http://www.bloodjournal.org/cgi/content/full/108/5/1778

Hmmm ... Is it any surprise that the director of a WADA sanctioned
laboratory would say that WADA tests are flawless?

--
Steven L. Sheffield
stevens at veloworks dot com

CowPunk
December 19th 06, 04:46 AM
nobody wrote:

> http://veloptimum.net/courses/athletes/Jeanson/E/6/DelangheReport.html

I like this line:
"It is well known in clinical chemistry that the vast majority of
so-called ?laboratory errors? originate in the pre-analytical phase
(the phase prior to the analysis of the sample)."

i.e. sneezing, hacking, breathing, picking his nose, combing his hair,
talking, or
can you say, "you got your chocolate in my peanut butter.", while
diluting the sample
in an open lab prior to analysis.

Picture this. Joe the lab guy was snorting Vicks sinus inhaler all
night because he
ran out of sick days, which he used to go skiing last winter. He's
working on your sample
and "achew", he sneezes. Now, what do you think the odds are that the
sample will
test positive for say 0.0001 of a banned substance? Care to place your
career on that?

IMHO
The only fair solution is to start having each sample sent out to
multiple labs(min 3) for
analysis and then comparing the results.

December 19th 06, 04:00 PM
CowPunk wrote:

> The only fair solution is to start having each sample sent out to
> multiple labs(min 3) for
> analysis and then comparing the results.

There is no "solution".

There might be "fairer" or "less stupid" ways to run the show. --D-y

Davey Crockett
December 19th 06, 04:08 PM
" > writes:

> CowPunk wrote:
>
> > The only fair solution is to start having each sample sent out to
> > multiple labs(min 3) for
> > analysis and then comparing the results.
>
> There is no "solution".

Get Sherlock.

He solves every case

Hes said to have the "Seven Percent Solution"

--
Le vent à Dos
Davey Crockett [No 4Q to reply]

Ryan Cousineau
December 19th 06, 05:14 PM
In article >,
Davey Crockett > wrote:

> " > writes:
>
> > CowPunk wrote:
> >
> > > The only fair solution is to start having each sample sent out to
> > > multiple labs(min 3) for
> > > analysis and then comparing the results.
> >
> > There is no "solution".
> >

> Get Sherlock.
>
> He solves every case
>
> Hes said to have the "Seven Percent Solution"

Cocaine is a WADA-banned substance.

And probably even performance-enhancing,

December 20th 06, 02:27 AM
Davey Crockett wrote:
> " > writes:
>
> > CowPunk wrote:
> >
> > > The only fair solution is to start having each sample sent out to
> > > multiple labs(min 3) for
> > > analysis and then comparing the results.
> >
> > There is no "solution".
> >

> Get Sherlock.
>
> He solves every case
>
> Hes said to have the "Seven Percent Solution"

But what about the other 93% of all the guys who are all doping?

Calling a fictional character for resolution has good resonance, IMHO.
--D-y

RonSonic
December 21st 06, 03:37 PM
On 18 Dec 2006 12:57:04 -0800, "MMan" > wrote:

>Burt wrote:
>> http://doucheblogcycling.blogspot.com/2006/12/wow-this-sucks-for-wada_17.html
>
>WADA will now ban strenuous exercise.

It does give some an advantage over those like myself who refrain from such
unnatural performance enhancing techniques.

Ron

RonSonic
December 21st 06, 03:39 PM
On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 17:14:46 GMT, Ryan Cousineau > wrote:

>In article >,
> Davey Crockett > wrote:

>> > There is no "solution".
>> >

>> Get Sherlock.
>>
>> He solves every case
>>
>> Hes said to have the "Seven Percent Solution"
>
>Cocaine is a WADA-banned substance.
>
>And probably even performance-enhancing,

It and caffeine are about the only stimulants that don't ruin your reaction
time.

Ron

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home