PDA

View Full Version : Address for Floyd Landis

Mike Jacoubowsky
December 21st 06, 04:55 AM
Does anyone have an address for sending something to Floyd Landis? Doesn't
have to be a home address (and probably wouldn't be a good idea to print
that here). I went to his website and couldn't find anything.

Why do I want his address?

I'd like to send him a Christmas Card.

Seriously. I think he could use it. And, frankly, it will do me some good
sending it. I was there, on the Columbiere, when Floyd miraculously
recovered from the day before and won the 'Tour. I believe that what I saw
that day was real.

I just want to let him know that I believe. Others can tell me that's crazy,
I'm deluded, etc. That's fine, I have no problem with others having a
different opinion than I do. I just hope that history proves me right and
them wrong. Unfortunately, I doubt we'll ever have evidence strong enough to
either conclusively convict or declare innocent. But always enough to accuse
& slander. But that's not what this is about.

I just want to send him a Christmas Card.

Thanks-

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Davey Crockett
December 21st 06, 05:16 AM
"Mike Jacoubowsky" > writes:

> Does anyone have an address for sending something to Floyd Landis? Doesn't
> have to be a home address (and probably wouldn't be a good idea to print
> that here). I went to his website and couldn't find anything.
>
> Why do I want his address?
>
> I'd like to send him a Christmas Card.
>
> Seriously. I think he could use it. And, frankly, it will do me some good
> sending it. I was there, on the Columbiere, when Floyd miraculously
> recovered from the day before and won the 'Tour. I believe that what I saw
> that day was real.
>
> I just want to let him know that I believe. Others can tell me that's crazy,
> I'm deluded, etc. That's fine, I have no problem with others having a
> different opinion than I do. I just hope that history proves me right and
> them wrong. Unfortunately, I doubt we'll ever have evidence strong enough to
> either conclusively convict or declare innocent. But always enough to accuse
> & slander. But that's not what this is about.
>
> I just want to send him a Christmas Card.
>
> Thanks-
>
> --Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
> www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

"whois" floydlandis.com

http://www.dnsstuff.com/ if your system is lamebrained and isn't
"whois" literate

--
Best Regards, Davey

What CNN won't show you:
Where your tax dollars are going
http://www.youtube.com/v/6J5JVQkBQdw

Mike Jacoubowsky
December 21st 06, 05:36 AM
>> I just want to send him a Christmas Card.
>>
>> Thanks-
>>
>> --Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
>> www.ChainReactionBicycles.com
>
> "whois" floydlandis.com
>
> http://www.dnsstuff.com/ if your system is lamebrained and isn't
> "whois" literate
>
> --
> Best Regards, Davey

Davey: "Whois" information can sometimes be very out of date, and sometimes
points to a meaningless address since it's a beacon for spam. Could be that
the info on his website is relevant, just don't know. Google shows it as a
house, but doesn't zoom in enough to see any bikes. :>)

"Davey Crockett" > wrote in message
> "Mike Jacoubowsky" > writes:
>
>> Does anyone have an address for sending something to Floyd Landis?
>> Doesn't
>> have to be a home address (and probably wouldn't be a good idea to print
>> that here). I went to his website and couldn't find anything.
>>
>> Why do I want his address?
>>
>> I'd like to send him a Christmas Card.
>>
>> Seriously. I think he could use it. And, frankly, it will do me some good
>> sending it. I was there, on the Columbiere, when Floyd miraculously
>> recovered from the day before and won the 'Tour. I believe that what I
>> saw
>> that day was real.
>>
>> I just want to let him know that I believe. Others can tell me that's
>> crazy,
>> I'm deluded, etc. That's fine, I have no problem with others having a
>> different opinion than I do. I just hope that history proves me right and
>> them wrong. Unfortunately, I doubt we'll ever have evidence strong enough
>> either conclusively convict or declare innocent. But always enough to
>> accuse
>> & slander. But that's not what this is about.
>>
>> I just want to send him a Christmas Card.
>>
>> Thanks-
>>
>> --Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
>> www.ChainReactionBicycles.com
>
> "whois" floydlandis.com
>
> http://www.dnsstuff.com/ if your system is lamebrained and isn't
> "whois" literate
>
> --
> Best Regards, Davey
>
> What CNN won't show you:
> Where your tax dollars are going
> http://www.youtube.com/v/6J5JVQkBQdw

Davey Crockett
December 21st 06, 05:41 AM
"Mike Jacoubowsky" > writes:

> >> I just want to send him a Christmas Card.
> >>
> >> Thanks-
> >>
> >> --Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
> >> www.ChainReactionBicycles.com
> >
> > "whois" floydlandis.com
> >
> > http://www.dnsstuff.com/ if your system is lamebrained and isn't
> > "whois" literate
> >
> > --
> > Best Regards, Davey
>

> Davey: "Whois" information can sometimes be very out of date, and sometimes
> points to a meaningless address since it's a beacon for spam. Could be that
> the info on his website is relevant, just don't know. Google shows it as a
> house, but doesn't zoom in enough to see any bikes. :>)
>
> --Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
> www.ChainReactionBicycles.com
>

> "Davey Crockett" > wrote in message
> > "Mike Jacoubowsky" > writes:
> >
> >> Does anyone have an address for sending something to Floyd Landis?
> >> Doesn't
> >> have to be a home address (and probably wouldn't be a good idea to print
> >> that here). I went to his website and couldn't find anything.
> >>
> >> Why do I want his address?
> >>
> >> I'd like to send him a Christmas Card.
> >>
> >> Seriously. I think he could use it. And, frankly, it will do me some good
> >> sending it. I was there, on the Columbiere, when Floyd miraculously
> >> recovered from the day before and won the 'Tour. I believe that what I
> >> saw
> >> that day was real.
> >>
> >> I just want to let him know that I believe. Others can tell me that's
> >> crazy,
> >> I'm deluded, etc. That's fine, I have no problem with others having a
> >> different opinion than I do. I just hope that history proves me right and
> >> them wrong. Unfortunately, I doubt we'll ever have evidence strong enough
> >> either conclusively convict or declare innocent. But always enough to
> >> accuse
> >> & slander. But that's not what this is about.
> >>
> >> I just want to send him a Christmas Card.
> >>
> >> Thanks-
> >>
> >> --Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
> >> www.ChainReactionBicycles.com
> >
> > "whois" floydlandis.com
> >
> > http://www.dnsstuff.com/ if your system is lamebrained and isn't
> > "whois" literate

oughta be a contact phone number

call it and find out

--
Best Regards, Davey
"Governor, if I had foreseen the use of those people designed to make

RicodJour
December 21st 06, 05:46 AM
On Dec 20, 11:55 pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky" > wrote:
> Does anyone have an address for sending something to Floyd Landis? Doesn't
> have to be a home address (and probably wouldn't be a good idea to print
> that here). I went to his website and couldn't find anything.
>
> Why do I want his address?
>
> I'd like to send him a Christmas Card.
>
> Seriously. I think he could use it. And, frankly, it will do me some good
> sending it. I was there, on the Columbiere, when Floyd miraculously
> recovered from the day before and won the 'Tour. I believe that what I saw
> that day was real.
>
> I just want to let him know that I believe. Others can tell me that's crazy,
> I'm deluded, etc. That's fine, I have no problem with others having a
> different opinion than I do. I just hope that history proves me right and
> them wrong. Unfortunately, I doubt we'll ever have evidence strong enough to
> either conclusively convict or declare innocent. But always enough to accuse
> & slander. But that's not what this is about.
>
> I just want to send him a Christmas Card.

You could try the Floyd Landis Foundation
http://floydlandisfoundation.org/contact/index.htm

If you wrote a nice non-stalker I-saw-you-climb-Columbiere attaboy!
card, they'd probably forward it to him.

Hey Mike, would you be interested in trading some pictures from that
day on the Columbiere? I have some from the Cross Nats in Providence
this past weekend. I'll trade you a couple of Treborns, a Compton and
throw in a Page for free. Best deal you'll get all day.

Eric Hollenbeck
December 21st 06, 05:50 AM
Floyd Landis
Murietta CA 92562

Trust USPS to take care of the rest ;-)

Mike Jacoubowsky
December 21st 06, 05:51 AM
> Hey Mike, would you be interested in trading some pictures from that
> day on the Columbiere? I have some from the Cross Nats in Providence
> this past weekend. I'll trade you a couple of Treborns, a Compton and
> throw in a Page for free. Best deal you'll get all day.

My best photos from this-year's TdF can be found here-

http://www.chainreaction.com/france06diaryinclude.htm

Our group did an incredibly job of getting past security to get that photo
at the top of the page. That was quite a day. I left France feeling very
differently than I felt just a couple days later, when I started to wonder
just exactly what it was I saw. After Tyler, I was no longer willing to take
things at face value; after all, if evidence showed that Tyler could have
cheated, anybody could. But I still feel Floyd raced clean that day (and the
days before, and after). Could just be me trying to rationalize the
experience, but it's what I feel in my gut.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

"RicodJour" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Dec 20, 11:55 pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky" > wrote:
>> Does anyone have an address for sending something to Floyd Landis?
>> Doesn't
>> have to be a home address (and probably wouldn't be a good idea to print
>> that here). I went to his website and couldn't find anything.
>>
>> Why do I want his address?
>>
>> I'd like to send him a Christmas Card.
>>
>> Seriously. I think he could use it. And, frankly, it will do me some good
>> sending it. I was there, on the Columbiere, when Floyd miraculously
>> recovered from the day before and won the 'Tour. I believe that what I
>> saw
>> that day was real.
>>
>> I just want to let him know that I believe. Others can tell me that's
>> crazy,
>> I'm deluded, etc. That's fine, I have no problem with others having a
>> different opinion than I do. I just hope that history proves me right and
>> them wrong. Unfortunately, I doubt we'll ever have evidence strong enough
>> either conclusively convict or declare innocent. But always enough to
>> accuse
>> & slander. But that's not what this is about.
>>
>> I just want to send him a Christmas Card.
>
> You could try the Floyd Landis Foundation
> http://floydlandisfoundation.org/contact/index.htm
>
> If you wrote a nice non-stalker I-saw-you-climb-Columbiere attaboy!
> card, they'd probably forward it to him.
>
> Hey Mike, would you be interested in trading some pictures from that
> day on the Columbiere? I have some from the Cross Nats in Providence
> this past weekend. I'll trade you a couple of Treborns, a Compton and
> throw in a Page for free. Best deal you'll get all day.

Ewoud Dronkert
December 21st 06, 08:14 AM
On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 20:55:06 -0800, Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
> I was there, on the Columbiere,

Wot, the Maxxis tire?

--
E. Dronkert

December 21st 06, 08:46 AM
Eric Hollenbeck wrote:
> Floyd Landis
> Murietta CA 92562
>
> Trust USPS to take care of the rest ;-)

Bill Bryson in one of his books talks about oddly (incompletely)
addressed mail still reaching him.

I'd address it as:

Floyd Landis, Winner of the Tour de France
Murietta CA 92562

December 21st 06, 01:35 PM
Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
> Does anyone have an address for sending something to Floyd Landis? Doesn't
> have to be a home address (and probably wouldn't be a good idea to print
> that here). I went to his website and couldn't find anything.
>
> Why do I want his address?
>
> I'd like to send him a Christmas Card.
>
> Seriously. I think he could use it. And, frankly, it will do me some good
> sending it. I was there, on the Columbiere, when Floyd miraculously
> recovered from the day before and won the 'Tour. I believe that what I saw
> that day was real.
>
> I just want to let him know that I believe. Others can tell me that's crazy,
> I'm deluded, etc. That's fine, I have no problem with others having a
> different opinion than I do. I just hope that history proves me right and
> them wrong. Unfortunately, I doubt we'll ever have evidence strong enough to
> either conclusively convict or declare innocent. But always enough to accuse
> & slander. But that's not what this is about.
>
> I just want to send him a Christmas Card.
>
> Thanks-
>
> --Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
> www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

That's a decient thing to do. Hopefully he reads your post and gets the
message in time for Christmas.

RicodJour
December 21st 06, 04:02 PM
On Dec 21, 3:46 am, " > wrote:
> Eric Hollenbeck wrote:
> > Floyd Landis
> > Murietta CA 92562
>
> > Trust USPS to take care of the rest ;-)Bill Bryson in one of his books talks about oddly (incompletely)
> addressed mail still reaching him.
>
> I'd address it as:
>
> Floyd Landis, Winner of the Tour de France
> Murietta CA 92562

Strangely enough, that would probably work. I had a friend in Utah
that would receive mail with nothing more for an address than the zip
code and his nickname! Small town = famous person

December 21st 06, 05:40 PM
RicodJour wrote:
> On Dec 21, 3:46 am, " > wrote:
> > Eric Hollenbeck wrote:
> > > Floyd Landis
> > > Murietta CA 92562
> >
> > > Trust USPS to take care of the rest ;-)Bill Bryson in one of his books talks about oddly (incompletely)
> > addressed mail still reaching him.
> >
> > I'd address it as:
> >
> > Floyd Landis, Winner of the Tour de France
> > Murietta CA 92562
>
> Strangely enough, that would probably work. I had a friend in Utah
> that would receive mail with nothing more for an address than the zip
> code and his nickname! Small town = famous person

Hate to admit it, but that would certainly work. You would be surprised
to see all the crazy holiday addresses used by 'close friends and
family'. Postman are part detectives in December.

kpl

Diablo Scott
December 21st 06, 06:09 PM
Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:

> I just want to send him a Christmas Card.

Maybe send it to Dr. Kay and ask him to deliver it.
Include a card for him too.
http://tinyurl.com/y95c54

Or maybe a call to VeloNews or somebody would yield his agent's name and
addy.

ronaldo_jeremiah
December 22nd 06, 02:45 AM
> Hate to admit it, but that would certainly work. You would be surprised
> to see all the crazy holiday addresses used by 'close friends and
> family'. Postman are part detectives in December.
>
> kpl

Where is Kenny Labbe now that we need him?

-rj

Mike Jacoubowsky
December 23rd 06, 01:57 AM
> I'd address it as:
>
> Floyd Landis, Winner of the Tour de France
> Murietta CA 92562

I ended up sending to one of the Trek shops in San Diego, whose owner knows
Arnie Baker very well, and can get it to Floyd through him. I'm thinking I
might cover all the bases by addressing one via the post office as well.

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

> wrote in message
ps.com...
> Eric Hollenbeck wrote:
>> Floyd Landis
>> Murietta CA 92562
>>
>> Trust USPS to take care of the rest ;-)
>
> Bill Bryson in one of his books talks about oddly (incompletely)
> addressed mail still reaching him.
>
> I'd address it as:
>
> Floyd Landis, Winner of the Tour de France
> Murietta CA 92562

nobody
December 23rd 06, 03:21 AM
On Sat, 23 Dec 2006 01:57:28 GMT, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
> wrote:

>> I'd address it as:
>>
>> Floyd Landis, Winner of the Tour de France
>> Murietta CA 92562
>
>I ended up sending to one of the Trek shops in San Diego, whose owner knows
>Arnie Baker very well, and can get it to Floyd through him. I'm thinking I
>might cover all the bases by addressing one via the post office as well.

Why not organize a group ride and head down there and hand deliver it?

Maybe he'll show you his crib? ;-)

(mildly kidding, but not such a bad idea, eh?)

>--Mike Jacoubowsky
>Chain Reaction Bicycles
>www.ChainReaction.com
>Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA
>

> wrote in message
ps.com...
>> Eric Hollenbeck wrote:
>>> Floyd Landis
>>> Murietta CA 92562
>>>
>>> Trust USPS to take care of the rest ;-)
>>
>> Bill Bryson in one of his books talks about oddly (incompletely)
>> addressed mail still reaching him.
>>
>> I'd address it as:
>>
>> Floyd Landis, Winner of the Tour de France
>> Murietta CA 92562

Mike Jacoubowsky
December 23rd 06, 03:36 AM
>>I ended up sending to one of the Trek shops in San Diego, whose owner
>>knows
>>Arnie Baker very well, and can get it to Floyd through him. I'm thinking I
>>might cover all the bases by addressing one via the post office as well.
>
> Why not organize a group ride and head down there and hand deliver it?
>
> Maybe he'll show you his crib? ;-)
>
> (mildly kidding, but not such a bad idea, eh?)

That would be a great idea if not for 500 miles between us! :>)

"nobody" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 23 Dec 2006 01:57:28 GMT, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
> > wrote:
>
>>> I'd address it as:
>>>
>>> Floyd Landis, Winner of the Tour de France
>>> Murietta CA 92562
>>
>>I ended up sending to one of the Trek shops in San Diego, whose owner
>>knows
>>Arnie Baker very well, and can get it to Floyd through him. I'm thinking I
>>might cover all the bases by addressing one via the post office as well.
>
> Why not organize a group ride and head down there and hand deliver it?
>
> Maybe he'll show you his crib? ;-)
>
> (mildly kidding, but not such a bad idea, eh?)
>
>>--Mike Jacoubowsky
>>Chain Reaction Bicycles
>>www.ChainReaction.com
>>Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA
>>

> wrote in message
ps.com...

>>> Bill Bryson in one of his books talks about oddly (incompletely)
>>> addressed mail still reaching him.
>>>
>>> I'd address it as:
>>>
>>> Floyd Landis, Winner of the Tour de France
>>> Murietta CA 92562

nobody
December 23rd 06, 04:03 AM
On Sat, 23 Dec 2006 03:36:21 GMT, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
> wrote:

>>>I ended up sending to one of the Trek shops in San Diego, whose owner
>>>knows
>>>Arnie Baker very well, and can get it to Floyd through him. I'm thinking I
>>>might cover all the bases by addressing one via the post office as well.
>>
>> Why not organize a group ride and head down there and hand deliver it?
>>
>> Maybe he'll show you his crib? ;-)
>>
>> (mildly kidding, but not such a bad idea, eh?)
>

>That would be a great idea if not for 500 miles between us! :>)

When I was a youngster we went that far for Pizza. Wake up, man, this is
the winner of the Tour de France! Anything less and he's not letting you up
the driveway!

It's perfect. Three days, 170mi each. Just time enough for the media to get
wind of it.

The...

Deliver
Exciting
Floyd
Encouragement
No
Doping

Landis Ride!!

>--Mike Jacoubowsky
>Chain Reaction Bicycles
>www.ChainReaction.com
>Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA
>

>"nobody" > wrote in message

>>>I ended up sending to one of the Trek shops in San Diego, whose owner
>>>knows
>>>Arnie Baker very well, and can get it to Floyd through him. I'm thinking I
>>>might cover all the bases by addressing one via the post office as well.
>>
>> Why not organize a group ride and head down there and hand deliver it?
>>
>> Maybe he'll show you his crib? ;-)
>>
>> (mildly kidding, but not such a bad idea, eh?)
>>
>>>--Mike Jacoubowsky
>>>Chain Reaction Bicycles
>>>www.ChainReaction.com
>>>Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA
>>>

> wrote in message
ps.com...
> [...]

Dan Connelly
December 23rd 06, 10:06 PM
ronaldo_jeremiah wrote:

>> Hate to admit it, but that would certainly work. You would be surprised
>> to see all the crazy holiday addresses used by 'close friends and
>> family'. Postman are part detectives in December.
>>
>> kpl
>
> Where is Kenny Labbe now that we need him?
>
> -rj

No longer racing, it seems:
http://www.usacycling.org/results/index.php?compid=50300&all=1

Google