PDA

View Full Version : Heart Monitors?

trailgalore
December 22nd 06, 08:16 PM
What are some reasonable priced heart monitors (wired or wireless) to
train with? Is there any cycle computers with those heart functions also?

Davey Crockett
December 22nd 06, 08:24 PM
"trailgalore" > writes:

> What are some reasonable priced heart monitors (wired or wireless) to
> train with? Is there any cycle computers with those heart functions also?

Davey uses a Polar HRM. They are reasonably priced and there is a
range of models available offering varying ranges of functions

On bike?
Try:
http://mountainbike.about.com/od/accessoriesessentials/gr/Polar_S520.htm

Funily enough, Davey seldom uses his HRM on the road, but does use it
on the rollers/stationary trainer

--
Have a very Merry White Christmas - Davey Crockett
-

John Forrest Tomlinson
December 22nd 06, 10:50 PM
On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 20:16:22 GMT, "trailgalore"

www.nashbar.com

--
JT
****************************

Mike Jacoubowsky
December 23rd 06, 01:53 AM
> What are some reasonable priced heart monitors (wired or wireless) to
> train with? Is there any cycle computers with those heart functions also?

A decent bike shop should have a number of models to choose from, in prices
running from about $60 to $400 or so. At the high end you have gadgets like
the Garmin Edge, which includes GPS functions so you can map out your ride
and download everything to a computer. Basic bike computers with heart rate
functions generally start around $100, sometimes as low as half that;
unfortunately, the cheapest ones are rather flakey.

Don't think you'll find a "wired" heart monitor these days! At least not for
bicycle use.

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com