PDA

View Full Version : Venue to sell a bike

July 10th 03, 07:36 PM
Looking for a suitable venue (in UK) to advertise selling my bike. Any
recommendations?

Is eBay really any good?

Alex Rodriguez
July 10th 03, 08:59 PM
In article >, says...
>Looking for a suitable venue (in UK) to advertise selling my bike. Any
>recommendations?

Rec.bicycles.marketplace is the obvious one.

>Is eBay really any good?

Sometimes.
-----------------
Alex __O
_-\<,_
(_)/ (_)

Donald Gillies
July 10th 03, 10:27 PM
"Default" > writes:

>Looking for a suitable venue (in UK) to advertise selling my bike. Any
>recommendations?

>Is eBay really any good?

Ebay is a buyer's market for whole bicycles.
Ebay is a seller's market for bicycle parts.

I have seen people who buy bikes on ebay, then turn around and sell
the parts at a profit. So if your bike has collectable or high
quality parts, you might consider "parting it out" on ebay. I am
frequently amazed at the low prices for entire bicycles (some in very
nice condition) that are paid on ebay.

- Don Gillies
San Diego, CA

July 10th 03, 10:46 PM
"Alex Rodriguez" > wrote in message
> In article >, says...
> >Looking for a suitable venue (in UK) to advertise selling my bike. Any
> >recommendations?
>
> Rec.bicycles.marketplace is the obvious one.
>
> >Is eBay really any good?
>
> Sometimes.
> -----------------
> Alex __O
> _-\<,_
> (_)/ (_)

OK thanks for that, it's posted as: FS: SPECIALIZED HardRock mountain bike

July 10th 03, 10:46 PM
"Donald Gillies" > wrote in message
> "Default" > writes:
>
> >Looking for a suitable venue (in UK) to advertise selling my bike. Any
> >recommendations?
>
> >Is eBay really any good?
>
> Ebay is a buyer's market for whole bicycles.
> Ebay is a seller's market for bicycle parts.
>
> I have seen people who buy bikes on ebay, then turn around and sell
> the parts at a profit. So if your bike has collectable or high
> quality parts, you might consider "parting it out" on ebay. I am
> frequently amazed at the low prices for entire bicycles (some in very
> nice condition) that are paid on ebay.
>
> - Don Gillies
> San Diego, CA

Nah, just wanna sell it complete with the manufacturer's specs.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home