PDA

View Full Version : Campy 10 speed chain

EMH
July 11th 03, 05:12 AM
I just replaced my chain after 3800 miles. An interesting note after I
looked over the old one pretty good was that the perma link was starting to
come apart (loosen). I didn't notice until I examined the link up close and
saw that it appeared wider than the rest. The plate was loose, but the pins
were still holding on. They might have even backed out a little, but hard
to tell.

Ok, so I put a few extra miles on it beyond what was recommended by Campy,
but I was wondering if my choice of lubricants (White Lighning) might have
contributed as well? Anyone still riding a perma link on their chain and
notice any loosening? Is this how the chain lets you know as it seemed to
get fairly noisy towards the end?

Qui si parla Campagnolo
July 11th 03, 01:49 PM
eric-<< An interesting note after I
looked over the old one pretty good was that the perma link was starting to
come apart (loosen). I didn't notice until I examined the link up close and
saw that it appeared wider than the rest. The plate was loose, but the pins
were still holding on. They might have even backed out a little, but hard
to tell. >><BR><BR>

Perhaps the main reason they went away from the permalink..hopefully to a snap
link type chain someday, like most others, even Mavic in 2004.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302