PDA

View Full Version : source for Mafac brake lever clamp?

Arthur Strum
July 11th 03, 05:46 PM
Through my own carelessness, I've somehow lost one of the brake lever
clamps on my perfect old Mafac Competition levers, which I need for the
moustache bars on my old tourer. The levers are just like these here:
http://www.mindspring.com/~d.g1/randon.htm. Does anyone know where I
can find a replacement clamp? Incredibly, I still have the hex nut which
threads onto the bolt which tightens the clamp -- but no clamp!

Thanks very much!

Art Strum
Mountain View, CA

Rick Onanian
July 11th 03, 08:47 PM
I just rescued a bike (see the thread "How to identify this older Peugeot
road bike?" at http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-
8&threadm=oprr1wli1sw8gzvw%40news.east.cox.net&rnum=1&prev=/groups%3Fq%3Dhow%2Bto%2Bidentify%2Bpeugeot%26ie%3D ISO-
8859-1%26hl%3Den%26btnG%3DGoogle%2BSearch)
with the same levers out of the garbage, one of the levers was broken in
half. I'll send you the clamp. I'll send you an email with my email
address, and we'll go from there.

-Rick

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 09:46:06 -0700, Arthur Strum

--
Rick Onanian

A Muzi
July 12th 03, 12:20 AM
"Arthur Strum" > wrote in message
> Through my own carelessness, I've somehow lost one of the brake lever
> clamps on my perfect old Mafac Competition levers, which I need for the
> moustache bars on my old tourer. The levers are just like these here:
> http://www.mindspring.com/~d.g1/randon.htm. Does anyone know where I
> can find a replacement clamp? Incredibly, I still have the hex nut which
> threads onto the bolt which tightens the clamp -- but no clamp!

We have 'em as do shops which service French bicycles

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

Arthur Strum
July 12th 03, 12:35 AM
In article >,
"A Muzi" > wrote:

> "Arthur Strum" > wrote in message
> > Through my own carelessness, I've somehow lost one of the brake lever
> > clamps on my perfect old Mafac Competition levers, which I need for the
> > moustache bars on my old tourer. The levers are just like these here:
> > http://www.mindspring.com/~d.g1/randon.htm. Does anyone know where I
> > can find a replacement clamp? Incredibly, I still have the hex nut which
> > threads onto the bolt which tightens the clamp -- but no clamp!
>
> We have 'em as do shops which service French bicycles

Thanks very much. It looks like the fellow above is sending me one...

best,

Art Strum

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home