PDA

View Full Version : A gun for Gerald Ford

Les Earnest
December 28th 06, 04:39 AM
President Ford's passing reminds me of an incident during the 1979 Red
Zinger race when he was slated to be the honorary starter of a criterium
in Vail, Colorado. I was one of the officials and was designated to
oversee that operation. However I remembered that there had been two
assassination attempts on him while he was in office. It therefore
occurred to me that if I were to walk up to him and pull out the
starter's pistol that I might find myself full of holes.

I worked out a plan to place the gun in a paper bag and give that to him
so the he could pull it out. As it turned out, he chose not to interrupt
his golf game and was a no-show, so I shot the gun with impunity.

-Les Earnest

Fred Fredburger
December 28th 06, 04:50 AM
Les Earnest wrote:
> President Ford's passing reminds me of an incident during the 1979 Red
> Zinger race when he was slated to be the honorary starter of a criterium
> in Vail, Colorado. I was one of the officials and was designated to
> oversee that operation. However I remembered that there had been two
> assassination attempts on him while he was in office. It therefore
> occurred to me that if I were to walk up to him and pull out the
> starter's pistol that I might find myself full of holes.
>
> I worked out a plan to place the gun in a paper bag and give that to him
> so the he could pull it out. As it turned out, he chose not to interrupt
> his golf game and was a no-show, so I shot the gun with impunity.
>
> -Les Earnest

Were you dressed like Squeaky Fromme?

Kurgan Gringioni
December 28th 06, 09:10 AM
Les Earnest wrote:
> President Ford's passing reminds me of an incident during the 1979 Red
> Zinger race when he was slated to be the honorary starter of a criterium
> in Vail, Colorado. I was one of the officials and was designated to
> oversee that operation. However I remembered that there had been two
> assassination attempts on him while he was in office. It therefore
> occurred to me that if I were to walk up to him and pull out the
> starter's pistol that I might find myself full of holes.

<snip>

Dumbass -

My cousin, who is getting a phd in polisci, and I were talking about
the 2008 election and the Hillary Clinton/Barack Obama situation in the
Democratic primaries.

My cousin was concerned that Obama's life would seriously be at risk
from far-right white supremecist loonies if he got the nomination. I
pooh-poohed the notion, but . . . . it's true. There are some wackos
out there.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Krusty
December 28th 06, 06:53 PM
On 28 Dec 2006 01:10:18 -0800, "Kurgan Gringioni"
> wrote:

>Les Earnest wrote:
>> President Ford's passing reminds me of an incident during the 1979 Red
>> Zinger race when he was slated to be the honorary starter of a criterium
>> in Vail, Colorado. I was one of the officials and was designated to
>> oversee that operation. However I remembered that there had been two
>> assassination attempts on him while he was in office. It therefore
>> occurred to me that if I were to walk up to him and pull out the
>> starter's pistol that I might find myself full of holes.
>

><snip>
>

>Dumbass -
>

>My cousin, who is getting a phd in polisci, and I were talking about
>the 2008 election and the Hillary Clinton/Barack Obama situation in the
>Democratic primaries.
>
>My cousin was concerned that Obama's life would seriously be at risk
>from far-right white supremecist loonies if he got the nomination. I
>pooh-poohed the notion, but . . . . it's true. There are some wackos
>out there.
>

>thanks,
>
>K. Gringioni.

Then they should run together...if they win the same whacko is
probably gonna be "none too happy" with a woman for Pres.
either...kind of a counter balance to each other.

Furthermore, if the Dems keep the house in 2008, and that loony
managed to take out both Clinton & Obama, then we'd have Nancy Pelosi
(a woman whose constituency makes her pro-gay on just about every
issue) as President. It would be a lose, lose, & lose again situation
for the nutjobs.

William Asher
December 28th 06, 07:11 PM
Krusty wrote:

> On 28 Dec 2006 01:10:18 -0800, "Kurgan Gringioni"
> > wrote:
>

>>Les Earnest wrote:
>>> President Ford's passing reminds me of an incident during the 1979
>>> Red Zinger race when he was slated to be the honorary starter of a
>>> criterium in Vail, Colorado. I was one of the officials and was
>>> designated to oversee that operation. However I remembered that
>>> there had been two assassination attempts on him while he was in
>>> office. It therefore occurred to me that if I were to walk up to him
>>> and pull out the starter's pistol that I might find myself full of
>>> holes.
>>

>><snip>
>>

>>Dumbass -
>>

>>My cousin, who is getting a phd in polisci, and I were talking about
>>the 2008 election and the Hillary Clinton/Barack Obama situation in
>>the Democratic primaries.
>>
>>My cousin was concerned that Obama's life would seriously be at risk
>>from far-right white supremecist loonies if he got the nomination. I
>>pooh-poohed the notion, but . . . . it's true. There are some wackos
>>out there.
>>

>>thanks,
>>
>>K. Gringioni.
>
> Then they should run together...if they win the same whacko is
> probably gonna be "none too happy" with a woman for Pres.
> either...kind of a counter balance to each other.
>
> Furthermore, if the Dems keep the house in 2008, and that loony
> managed to take out both Clinton & Obama, then we'd have Nancy Pelosi
> (a woman whose constituency makes her pro-gay on just about every
> issue) as President. It would be a lose, lose, & lose again situation
> for the nutjobs.

The words of Raymond Babbitt, who was speaking to the number of face cards
left in the deck during a game of blackjack, are applicable to the number
of loonies willing to whack Obama, Clinton, and Pelosi.

Plenty more.

--
Bill Asher

Krusty
December 28th 06, 07:46 PM
On 28 Dec 2006 19:11:33 GMT, William Asher > wrote:

>Krusty wrote:
>
>> On 28 Dec 2006 01:10:18 -0800, "Kurgan Gringioni"
>> > wrote:

>>><snip>
>>>

>>>Dumbass -
>>>

>>>My cousin, who is getting a phd in polisci, and I were talking about
>>>the 2008 election and the Hillary Clinton/Barack Obama situation in
>>>the Democratic primaries.
>>>
>>>My cousin was concerned that Obama's life would seriously be at risk
>>>from far-right white supremecist loonies if he got the nomination. I
>>>pooh-poohed the notion, but . . . . it's true. There are some wackos
>>>out there.
>>>

>>>thanks,
>>>
>>>K. Gringioni.
>>
>> Then they should run together...if they win the same whacko is
>> probably gonna be "none too happy" with a woman for Pres.
>> either...kind of a counter balance to each other.
>>
>> Furthermore, if the Dems keep the house in 2008, and that loony
>> managed to take out both Clinton & Obama, then we'd have Nancy Pelosi
>> (a woman whose constituency makes her pro-gay on just about every
>> issue) as President. It would be a lose, lose, & lose again situation
>> for the nutjobs.
>>

>The words of Raymond Babbitt, who was speaking to the number of face cards
>left in the deck during a game of blackjack, are applicable to the number
>of loonies willing to whack Obama, Clinton, and Pelosi.
>
>Plenty more.

Actually it was,"Lots of them". ;-)

My scenario is based on a one time attack...that's pretty much all I
can envision. There are many people worldwide who would kill Bush the
first chance they had, yet the closest incident I can remember was the
handgrenade they found at some event in Eastern Europe.

Security is so tight around the President these days, I don't see many
successful assasination attempts happening in the future.

Davey Crockett
December 28th 06, 08:33 PM
Krusty > writes:

> On 28 Dec 2006 01:10:18 -0800, "Kurgan Gringioni"
> > wrote:
>

> >Les Earnest wrote:
> >> President Ford's passing reminds me of an incident during the 1979 Red
> >> Zinger race when he was slated to be the honorary starter of a criterium
> >> in Vail, Colorado. I was one of the officials and was designated to
> >> oversee that operation. However I remembered that there had been two
> >> assassination attempts on him while he was in office. It therefore
> >> occurred to me that if I were to walk up to him and pull out the
> >> starter's pistol that I might find myself full of holes.
> >

> ><snip>
> >

> >Dumbass -
> >

> >My cousin, who is getting a phd in polisci, and I were talking about
> >the 2008 election and the Hillary Clinton/Barack Obama situation in the
> >Democratic primaries.
> >
> >My cousin was concerned that Obama's life would seriously be at risk
> >from far-right white supremecist loonies if he got the nomination. I
> >pooh-poohed the notion, but . . . . it's true. There are some wackos
> >out there.
> >

> >thanks,
> >
> >K. Gringioni.
>
> Then they should run together...if they win the same whacko is
> probably gonna be "none too happy" with a woman for Pres.
> either...kind of a counter balance to each other.
>
> Furthermore, if the Dems keep the house in 2008, and that loony
> managed to take out both Clinton & Obama, then we'd have Nancy Pelosi
> (a woman whose constituency makes her pro-gay on just about every
> issue) as President. It would be a lose, lose, & lose again situation
> for the nutjobs.

Whack 'em all

Save Bush, Bliar, Rumsfeld, bin Laden, Ahmadinejad and Saddam for
PallBearerz

--
Le vent à Dos
Davey Crockett [No 4Q to reply]

ST
December 29th 06, 01:33 AM
On 12/28/06 11:46 AM, in article ,
"Krusty" > wrote:

> On 28 Dec 2006 19:11:33 GMT, William Asher > wrote:
>
>> Krusty wrote:
>>
>>> On 28 Dec 2006 01:10:18 -0800, "Kurgan Gringioni"

>>> Then they should run together...if they win the same whacko is
>>> probably gonna be "none too happy" with a woman for Pres.
>>> either...kind of a counter balance to each other.
>>>
>>> Furthermore, if the Dems keep the house in 2008, and that loony
>>> managed to take out both Clinton & Obama, then we'd have Nancy Pelosi
>>> (a woman whose constituency makes her pro-gay on just about every
>>> issue) as President. It would be a lose, lose, & lose again situation
>>> for the nutjobs.
>>>

>> The words of Raymond Babbitt, who was speaking to the number of face cards
>> left in the deck during a game of blackjack, are applicable to the number
>> of loonies willing to whack Obama, Clinton, and Pelosi.
>>
>> Plenty more.
>
> Actually it was,"Lots of them". ;-)
>
> My scenario is based on a one time attack...that's pretty much all I
> can envision. There are many people worldwide who would kill Bush the
> first chance they had, yet the closest incident I can remember was the
> handgrenade they found at some event in Eastern Europe.
>
> Security is so tight around the President these days, I don't see many
> successful assasination attempts happening in the future.

You guys are starting to go off the deep end.......
Expect a visit from the SS pretty soon.

Krusty
December 29th 06, 02:04 AM
On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 17:33:36 -0800, ST > wrote:

>On 12/28/06 11:46 AM, in article ,
>"Krusty" > wrote:

>>> The words of Raymond Babbitt, who was speaking to the number of face cards
>>> left in the deck during a game of blackjack, are applicable to the number
>>> of loonies willing to whack Obama, Clinton, and Pelosi.
>>>
>>> Plenty more.
>>
>> Actually it was,"Lots of them". ;-)
>>
>> My scenario is based on a one time attack...that's pretty much all I
>> can envision. There are many people worldwide who would kill Bush the
>> first chance they had, yet the closest incident I can remember was the
>> handgrenade they found at some event in Eastern Europe.
>>
>> Security is so tight around the President these days, I don't see many
>> successful assasination attempts happening in the future.
>
>You guys are starting to go off the deep end.......
>Expect a visit from the SS pretty soon.

LOL. As long as it isn't the Schutzstaffel that you're referring to I
think I'm OK.

December 29th 06, 04:06 AM
Fred Fredburger wrote:
> Les Earnest wrote:
> > President Ford's passing reminds me of an incident during the 1979 Red
> > Zinger race when he was slated to be the honorary starter of a criterium
> > in Vail, Colorado. I was one of the officials and was designated to
> > oversee that operation. However I remembered that there had been two
> > assassination attempts on him while he was in office. It therefore
> > occurred to me that if I were to walk up to him and pull out the
> > starter's pistol that I might find myself full of holes.
> >
> > I worked out a plan to place the gun in a paper bag and give that to him
> > so the he could pull it out. As it turned out, he chose not to interrupt
> > his golf game and was a no-show, so I shot the gun with impunity.
> >
> > -Les Earnest
>
> Were you dressed like Squeaky Fromme?

It's little known that Squeaky Fromme was not in 70s-era
hippie garb, but was actually wearing a blue blazer on that
fateful day, which maybe explains how she got so close
to Ford before being tackled.

http://www.defamer.com/hollywood/snl/as-it-turns-out-gerald-ford-was-not-eaten-by-wolves-224491.php

But actually, I don't think walking up to a President with
a gun in a paper bag would be such a great idea either.

Ben

Davey Crockett
December 29th 06, 09:19 AM
" > writes:

> > Were you dressed like Squeaky Fromme?

Squeaky Fromme had nice Knockerz

--
http://costofwar.com/ - Hang Saddam right after Bush and Bliar
-

The value of euro notes in circulation is this month likely to exceed
the value of circulating dollar notes, according to calculations by
the Financial Times. Converted at Wednesday’s exchange rates, the euro
took the lead in October.

The key U.S. manufacturing sector is expected to be hit hard next
year, heightening fears a recession is now much more likely than many
economists had expected.

December 29th 06, 05:34 PM
Davey Crockett wrote:

> Squeaky Fromme had nice Knockerz

Klapp, too. --D-y

Howard Kveck
December 30th 06, 05:14 AM
In article . com>,
"Kurgan Gringioni" > wrote:

> My cousin, who is getting a phd in polisci, and I were talking about
> the 2008 election and the Hillary Clinton/Barack Obama situation in the
> Democratic primaries.
>
> My cousin was concerned that Obama's life would seriously be at risk
> from far-right white supremecist loonies if he got the nomination. I
> pooh-poohed the notion, but . . . . it's true. There are some wackos
> out there.

Interesting to observe that some of the right-wing and Republican go-to people
[1] are suddenly finding it worthwhile to use Obama's middle name: Hussein. Why
don't they use McCain's middle name?

[1] A trend started by so-called "liberal" Chris Matthews.

--
tanx,
Howard

Never take a tenant with a monkey.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Donald Munro
December 30th 06, 11:56 AM
Howard Kveck wrote:
> Interesting to observe that some of the right-wing and Republican go-to people
> [1] are suddenly finding it worthwhile to use Obama's middle name: Hussein. Why
> don't they use McCain's middle name?
>
> [1] A trend started by so-called "liberal" Chris Matthews.

Where's Rove then ? Preparing a tv ad where Obama is called Ossama ?

December 30th 06, 04:45 PM
I'm scared of that obama dude but hilary is far worse. I' rather have a
black man than her be president but there has to be a better candidate
than them out there

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
> Les Earnest wrote:
> > President Ford's passing reminds me of an incident during the 1979 Red
> > Zinger race when he was slated to be the honorary starter of a criterium
> > in Vail, Colorado. I was one of the officials and was designated to
> > oversee that operation. However I remembered that there had been two
> > assassination attempts on him while he was in office. It therefore
> > occurred to me that if I were to walk up to him and pull out the
> > starter's pistol that I might find myself full of holes.
>

> <snip>
>

> Dumbass -
>

> My cousin, who is getting a phd in polisci, and I were talking about
> the 2008 election and the Hillary Clinton/Barack Obama situation in the
> Democratic primaries.
>
> My cousin was concerned that Obama's life would seriously be at risk
> from far-right white supremecist loonies if he got the nomination. I
> pooh-poohed the notion, but . . . . it's true. There are some wackos
> out there.
>

> thanks,
>
> K. Gringioni.

Fred Fredburger
December 30th 06, 05:03 PM
Howard Kveck wrote:
> In article . com>,
> "Kurgan Gringioni" > wrote:
>
>> My cousin, who is getting a phd in polisci, and I were talking about
>> the 2008 election and the Hillary Clinton/Barack Obama situation in the
>> Democratic primaries.
>>
>> My cousin was concerned that Obama's life would seriously be at risk
>> from far-right white supremecist loonies if he got the nomination. I
>> pooh-poohed the notion, but . . . . it's true. There are some wackos
>> out there.
>
> Interesting to observe that some of the right-wing and Republican go-to people
> [1] are suddenly finding it worthwhile to use Obama's middle name: Hussein. Why
> don't they use McCain's middle name?

Well, they need to talk to Dan Quayle about that. He'll put a stop to
that. Ol' J. Danforth had pretty some strong opinions on the subject.

Ryan Cousineau
December 30th 06, 11:08 PM
In article . com>,
wrote:

> I'm scared of that obama dude but hilary is far worse. I' rather have a
> black man than her be president but there has to be a better candidate
> than them out there

Condi Rice.

My nightmare candidate is Ambassador McKinney, but she probably has less
of a shot at the presidency than Jennifer Granholm*.

ObBike: I'm pretty sure Obama could easily win a cyclocross race among
all likely presidential candidates, though I have no doubt if W. were a
candidate, he'd drop Barack like Bart Wellens facing an all-American
'cross pack.

*This is a very funny joke, as political wonk jokes go. I won't spoil
the punchline. Wikipedia will, though.

Howard Kveck
December 31st 06, 03:10 AM
In article >,
Donald Munro > wrote:

> Howard Kveck wrote:
> > Interesting to observe that some of the right-wing and Republican go-to
> > people
> > [1] are suddenly finding it worthwhile to use Obama's middle name: Hussein.
> > Why
> > don't they use McCain's middle name?
> >
> > [1] A trend started by so-called "liberal" Chris Matthews.
>
> Where's Rove then ? Preparing a tv ad where Obama is called Ossama ?

Rove always lets others do the dirty work.

--
tanx,
Howard

Never take a tenant with a monkey.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Bill C
December 31st 06, 03:23 AM
On Dec 30, 10:10 pm, Howard Kveck > wrote:

> > Where's Rove then ? Preparing a tv ad where Obama is called Ossama ? Rove always lets others do the dirty work.
>
> --
> tanx,
> Howard
>
> Never take a tenant with a monkey.
>
> remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Rove's the puppetmaster.
They've gotta be careful though. I think Obama's clean enough, a good
story, and "middle america" enough that smearing him could backfire big
time.
Hillary would be a gift to Rove and co. though.
Bill C

Ryan Cousineau
December 31st 06, 06:31 AM
In article om>,
"Bill C" > wrote:

> On Dec 30, 10:10 pm, Howard Kveck > wrote:
>

> > > Where's Rove then ? Preparing a tv ad where Obama is called Ossama ?
> > > Rove always lets others do the dirty work.
> >
> > --
> > tanx,
> > Howard
> >
> > Never take a tenant with a monkey.
> >
> > remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?
>
> Rove's the puppetmaster.
> They've gotta be careful though. I think Obama's clean enough, a good
> story, and "middle america" enough that smearing him could backfire big
> time.

Blank slates are always clean.

ObDrunk: Despite his middle name, Barack is not a muslim. He's a
Christian, but unsure of the denomination, I don't know if they're
habitually abstemious.

If any LIVEDRUNKers in Illinois could offer to buy him a beer, we could
get some useful data.

Kurgan Gringioni
December 31st 06, 06:50 AM
Ryan Cousineau wrote:

> ObDrunk: Despite his middle name, Barack is not a muslim.

Dumbass -

Hussein is an ethnic name, not a religous one.

There are Christian tribes in the region where the Hussein surname
hails from.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

William Asher
December 31st 06, 07:09 AM
Ryan Cousineau > wrote in
:

> If any LIVEDRUNKers in Illinois could offer to buy him a beer, we
> could get some useful data.

If any LIVEDRUNKers who were capable of using a camera could offer to buy
him a lap dance, we could maybe get something we could make money on later.

--
Bill Asher

Ryan Cousineau
December 31st 06, 09:38 AM
In article m>,
"Kurgan Gringioni" > wrote:

> Ryan Cousineau wrote:
> >
> > ObDrunk: Despite his middle name, Barack is not a muslim.
>

> Dumbass -
>

> Hussein is an ethnic name, not a religous one.
>
> There are Christian tribes in the region where the Hussein surname
> hails from.
>

> thanks,
>
> K. Gringioni.

Dumberass: by the fact that my middle name is "John," you can make a
probabilistic guess that I'm not Muslim. It's not conclusive, just a
good bet, like picking home-team underdogs to beat the spread in the NFL.

Anyhoo, I'm aware of the Christian minorities in all kinds of places,
given that a friend of mine is an Assyrian Baptist.

One of the earliest Catholic communities was formed in India;

December 31st 06, 09:49 AM
Ryan Cousineau wrote:
> "Kurgan Gringioni" > wrote:
> > Ryan Cousineau wrote:
> > >
> > > ObDrunk: Despite his middle name, Barack is not a muslim.
> >
> > Dumbass -
> >
> > Hussein is an ethnic name, not a religous one.
> >
> > There are Christian tribes in the region where the Hussein surname
> > hails from.
>
> Dumberass: by the fact that my middle name is "John," you can make a
> probabilistic guess that I'm not Muslim. It's not conclusive, just a
> good bet, like picking home-team underdogs to beat the spread in the NFL.
>
> Anyhoo, I'm aware of the Christian minorities in all kinds of places,
> given that a friend of mine is an Assyrian Baptist.
>
> One of the earliest Catholic communities was formed in India;

Dumbass,

What if you had a nice Anglo first name like "Malcolm"?

The only interesting thing about B.H. Obama's middle name is
that when people insist on using it, it gives you an idea of
what their "values" are.

King Hussein of Jordan was one of the best allies of the US,

Ben X

Michael Press
January 1st 07, 03:27 AM
In article
Ryan Cousineau > wrote:

> Dumberass: by the fact that my middle name is "John," you can make a
> probabilistic guess that I'm not Muslim. It's not conclusive, just a
> good bet, like picking home-team underdogs to beat the spread in the NFL.

Except the Raiders!!!

--
Michael Press

Google