PDA

View Full Version : More MLB and roids

Bill C
December 28th 06, 10:05 PM
I liked this piece and the end conclusion:
http://redsox.bostonherald.com/otherMLB/view.bg?articleid=174207

'Roid rage grows bigger: After ruling, baseball in line for toughest
hit yet
By Steve Buckley
Boston Herald General Sports Columnist

Thursday, December 28, 2006 - Updated: 02:42 PM EST

Fasten your seat belts, baseball fans, because you're in for a bumpy,
steroid-enhanced ride.

What, you thought this steroid mess was going away? Fat chance. Or,
for the purposes of this discussion, bulked-up chance.

With yesterday's news - a court ruled that government
investigators are entitled to know the names of about 100 major
leaguers who tested positive for illegal drugs in 2003 - it's only a
matter of time before these names are leaked to the media.

A whisper will turn into a quote. A quote will turn into a
headline. A headline will turn into round-the-clock coverage on ESPN
and CNN.

Might be vindictive, but misery loves company.
My guess though is the the MLBPA raises holy hell with the league,
maybe even a strike because those tests were done with the agreement
that they were internal, and non-punitive only, with no names to be
released.
I think the CBA is gonna get tossed.
Bill C

Bill C
December 28th 06, 10:07 PM
Just as an add on, I can't believe that this decision came out of the
9th Circuit Court of Appeals. I've seen it and still can't believe THAT
court made this decision.
Bill C

December 28th 06, 10:16 PM
Teminds me of Bill's testimony about that girl, or Lance's '99 samples.

I don't really care about baseball or barry bonds but once the list
goes public, all the 'positives' will get hounded too even though it
was a non-binding survey sort of test. How many baseball players
carreers will get screwed even though steroids weren't banned under MLB
rules at the time?

And here I was thinking the french had a monoply on never ending witch
hunts.

Bill C
December 28th 06, 11:20 PM
On Dec 28, 5:16 pm, " >
wrote:
> Teminds me of Bill's testimony about that girl, or Lance's '99 samples.
>
> I don't really care about baseball or barry bonds but once the list
> goes public, all the 'positives' will get hounded too even though it
> was a non-binding survey sort of test. How many baseball players
> carreers will get screwed even though steroids weren't banned under MLB
> rules at the time?
>
> And here I was thinking the french had a monoply on never ending witch
> hunts.

Slightly more info with a mention of Tammy at the end:
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2710788
Bill C

Davey Crockett
December 29th 06, 12:28 AM
"Bill C" > writes:

> On Dec 28, 5:16 pm, " >
> wrote:
> > Teminds me of Bill's testimony about that girl, or Lance's '99 samples.
> >
> > I don't really care about baseball or barry bonds but once the list
> > goes public, all the 'positives' will get hounded too even though it
> > was a non-binding survey sort of test. How many baseball players
> > carreers will get screwed even though steroids weren't banned under MLB
> > rules at the time?
> >
> > And here I was thinking the french had a monoply on never ending witch
> > hunts.
>
> Slightly more info with a mention of Tammy at the end:
> http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2710788
> Bill C

If performance enhancing is illegal, and Davey neither knows nor cares
whether they are or not insofar as base ball is concerned, it would seem
that the prosecutors have a right to any evidence available

Refusal to supply that evidence would at best be contempt of court
and at worst make the withholders accessories after the fact

--
http://costofwar.com/ - Merry Christmas
-

Moral of the Story: We're all safer with another gun-toting black
crackhead loose on the streets. Thank you crazy justice system

Bill C
December 29th 06, 12:41 AM
On Dec 28, 7:28 pm, Davey Crockett >
wrote:
> "Bill C" > writes:
> > On Dec 28, 5:16 pm, " >
> > wrote:
> > > Teminds me of Bill's testimony about that girl, or Lance's '99 samples.
>
> > > I don't really care about baseball or barry bonds but once the list
> > > goes public, all the 'positives' will get hounded too even though it
> > > was a non-binding survey sort of test. How many baseball players
> > > carreers will get screwed even though steroids weren't banned under MLB
> > > rules at the time?
>
> > > And here I was thinking the french had a monoply on never ending witch
> > > hunts.
>
> > Slightly more info with a mention of Tammy at the end:
> >http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2710788
> > Bill CIf performance enhancing is illegal, and Davey neither knows nor cares
> whether they are or not insofar as base ball is concerned, it would seem
> that the prosecutors have a right to any evidence available
>
> Refusal to supply that evidence would at best be contempt of court
> and at worst make the withholders accessories after the fact
>
> --http://costofwar.com/- Merry Christmas
> -
> Victor Wiley, a negro, was arrested in Alton in July 2004 and charged
> with possession of a gun, crack cocaine and marijuana. He went to
> trial last week. Part of his defense is that when he was interrogated
> by police, he was high on crack cocaine and suffering from ADD.
> Wiley's defense lawyer John Stobbs II, says Wiley's illness made it
> impossible for him to talk to police officers after his arrest.
> Wiley's defense evidence included a doctor who said the ADD would
> prevent him from being honest with police, and that information
> apparently swayed the jury to acquit Wiley of the drug possession
> charges.
>
> Moral of the Story: We're all safer with another gun-toting black
> crackhead loose on the streets. Thank you crazy justice system- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

What the **** does his skin color have to do with his being a scumbag?
What does his skin color have to do with being let off the hook by a
"progressive" judge; One of the species who have never met a criminal
they can't excuse or a cop they like?
Bill C

Howard Kveck
December 29th 06, 01:06 AM
In article . com>,
"Bill C" > wrote:

> On Dec 28, 7:28 pm, Davey Crockett >
> wrote:

> > Victor Wiley, a negro, was arrested in Alton in July 2004 and charged
> > with possession of a gun, crack cocaine and marijuana. He went to
> > trial last week. Part of his defense is that when he was interrogated
> > by police, he was high on crack cocaine and suffering from ADD.
> > Wiley's defense lawyer John Stobbs II, says Wiley's illness made it
> > impossible for him to talk to police officers after his arrest.
> > Wiley's defense evidence included a doctor who said the ADD would
> > prevent him from being honest with police, and that information
> > apparently swayed the jury to acquit Wiley of the drug possession
> > charges.
> >
> > Moral of the Story: We're all safer with another gun-toting black
> > crackhead loose on the streets. Thank you crazy justice system- Hide quoted
> > text -- Show quoted text -
>
> What the **** does his skin color have to do with his being a scumbag?
> What does his skin color have to do with being let off the hook by a
> "progressive" judge; One of the species who have never met a criminal
> they can't excuse or a cop they like?
> Bill C

I agree with your questions about what his "race" had to do with the story, but
there may be more to this than is implied here. Anyway, it does seem that a *jury*
acquitted him, not a judge - progressive or not. The judge may well have done things
by the letter of the law and acquittal was the correct verdict.

http://www.mapinc.org/newscc/v06/n1700/a04.html?397

--
tanx,
Howard

Never take a tenant with a monkey.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Bill C
December 29th 06, 01:33 AM
On Dec 28, 8:06 pm, Howard Kveck > wrote:
> In article . com>,
> "Bill C" > wrote:
>

> > On Dec 28, 7:28 pm, Davey Crockett >
> > wrote:
> > > Victor Wiley, a negro, was arrested in Alton in July 2004 and charged
> > > with possession of a gun, crack cocaine and marijuana. He went to
> > > trial last week. Part of his defense is that when he was interrogated
> > > by police, he was high on crack cocaine and suffering from ADD.
> > > Wiley's defense lawyer John Stobbs II, says Wiley's illness made it
> > > impossible for him to talk to police officers after his arrest.
> > > Wiley's defense evidence included a doctor who said the ADD would
> > > prevent him from being honest with police, and that information
> > > apparently swayed the jury to acquit Wiley of the drug possession
> > > charges.
>
> > > Moral of the Story: We're all safer with another gun-toting black
> > > crackhead loose on the streets. Thank you crazy justice system- Hide quoted
> > > text -- Show quoted text -
>
> > What the **** does his skin color have to do with his being a scumbag?
> > What does his skin color have to do with being let off the hook by a
> > "progressive" judge; One of the species who have never met a criminal
> > they can't excuse or a cop they like?
> > Bill C I agree with your questions about what his "race" had to do with the story, but
> there may be more to this than is implied here. Anyway, it does seem that a *jury*
> acquitted him, not a judge - progressive or not. The judge may well have done things
> by the letter of the law and acquittal was the correct verdict.
>
> http://www.mapinc.org/newscc/v06/n1700/a04.html?397
>
> --
> tanx,
> Howard
>
> Never take a tenant with a monkey.
>
> remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

If ADD is a "get out of jail free" card then we're all ****ed given
the explosion in that as a diagnosis.
I'll grant you that they should never have interrogated him while he
was still wasted, but ADD as a reason to walk is BS.
Sounds like misconduct and BS all around.
Bill C

December 29th 06, 01:54 AM
Davey Crockett wrote:

> Moral of the Story: We're all safer with another gun-toting black
> crackhead loose on the streets. Thank you crazy justice system

dumbass,

what's wrong with getting high or having a gun ?

it doesn't say he was harming anyone.

Howard Kveck
December 29th 06, 02:29 AM
In article . com>,
"Bill C" > wrote:

> If ADD is a "get out of jail free" card then we're all ****ed given
> the explosion in that as a diagnosis.

There is quite a bit of that going around - much of it self-diagnosed (heh).

> I'll grant you that they should never have interrogated him while he
> was still wasted, but ADD as a reason to walk is BS.
> Sounds like misconduct and BS all around.
> Bill C

If the guy is hyper because of ADD and he's also loaded on crack (even more
hyper) then they probably should have waited a while before getting him into a room
to talk. The cops ought to know that in a situation like that, they shouldn't give
the defendant an opportunity like that to take to court. The thing is, his acquittal
could have been legit because in the state he was, he confessed to owning drugs that
may have belonged to his buddies (who didn't bat an eye at throwing Wiley into the
soup).

--
tanx,
Howard

Never take a tenant with a monkey.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Bill C
December 29th 06, 01:20 PM
On Dec 28, 9:29 pm, Howard Kveck > wrote:
> In article . com>,
> "Bill C" > wrote:
>
> > If ADD is a "get out of jail free" card then we're all ****ed given
> > the explosion in that as a diagnosis. There is quite a bit of that going around - much of it self-diagnosed (heh).
>
> > I'll grant you that they should never have interrogated him while he
> > was still wasted, but ADD as a reason to walk is BS.
> > Sounds like misconduct and BS all around.
> > Bill C If the guy is hyper because of ADD and he's also loaded on crack (even more
> hyper) then they probably should have waited a while before getting him into a room
> to talk. The cops ought to know that in a situation like that, they shouldn't give
> the defendant an opportunity like that to take to court. The thing is, his acquittal
> could have been legit because in the state he was, he confessed to owning drugs that
> may have belonged to his buddies (who didn't bat an eye at throwing Wiley into the
> soup).
>
> --
> tanx,
> Howard

> Never take a tenant with a monkey.
>
> remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Warning Rant Follows!!

Same **** I keep saying about WADA. The system has to be held to much
higher standards since it's supposed to be providing justice.

Take a look at all the N.O. **** with the cops.
http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/12/28/katrina.cops/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

and this is just the latest.
Cops aren't any more perfect than labs or Prosecutors:
http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/12/28/duke.lacrosse/index.html
but the thing is this **** is all, at best legally questionable and
should be handled that way.
We've got way too many non-violent people in jail, way too many
violent people on a revolving door with minimal sentences and an almost
total failure to slam white collar crime and firearms violations.
Typical of that is a current story here with a batch of scumbags
running a homeless charity stealing the cash. They're looking at 6
month sentences and a fine.
I'd execute the *******s because, I'm sure, that some homeless people
died that the money they sipohoned off could've helped, after they had
a chance to appeal, and not dozens of appeals, and none of this
painless ****, shotgun to the back of the head, and that's still less
painful than a homeless person slowly freezing to death. Scumbags
preying on the most vulnerable aren't even people IMO.
We have some of the toughest gun laws in the country here in Ma. The
problem is that they are rarely enforced against actual criminals.
Supposedly it's a mandatory 1 year for illegal possesion, and goes up
for use in a crime, etc...
Our DAs plea bargain away the gun charges over 70% of the time and the
scum end up doing much less than a year and are back out and have
another illegal gun in hours.
Illegal possesion can be tricky, and open to massive abuse so that we
need to be careful with, but use of a firearm in a violent crime, or
armed robbery and such should be 5 years minimum, just on the gun
charge, no plea bargains allowed on those firearms charges. Then ramp
it up until three violent crimes gets your sorry ass exectued. Same
deal; Out back after the appeal and "One and Done!"
Crooked cops, lawyers, judges, etc...should be treated even more
severely, instead we're locking up people for having a couple of
joints, giving multi-year sentences for people robbing a convenience
store while those who embezzle and steal millions do very little time
in summer camps. That's ****ed up.
Rant Off

Michael Press
December 29th 06, 08:54 PM
In article >,
Davey Crockett >
wrote:

> "Bill C" > writes:
>
> > On Dec 28, 5:16 pm, " >
> > wrote:
> > > Teminds me of Bill's testimony about that girl, or Lance's '99 samples.
> > >
> > > I don't really care about baseball or barry bonds but once the list
> > > goes public, all the 'positives' will get hounded too even though it
> > > was a non-binding survey sort of test. How many baseball players
> > > carreers will get screwed even though steroids weren't banned under MLB
> > > rules at the time?
> > >
> > > And here I was thinking the french had a monoply on never ending witch
> > > hunts.
> >
> > Slightly more info with a mention of Tammy at the end:
> > http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2710788
> > Bill C
> >

> If performance enhancing is illegal, and Davey neither knows nor cares
> whether they are or not insofar as base ball is concerned, it would seem
> that the prosecutors have a right to any evidence available
>
> Refusal to supply that evidence would at best be contempt of court
> and at worst make the withholders accessories after the fact
>
> --
> Victor Wiley, a negro, was arrested in Alton in July 2004 and charged
> with possession of a gun, crack cocaine and marijuana. He went to
> trial last week. Part of his defense is that when he was interrogated
> by police, he was high on crack cocaine and suffering from ADD.
> Wiley's defense lawyer John Stobbs II, says Wiley's illness made it
> impossible for him to talk to police officers after his arrest.
> Wiley's defense evidence included a doctor who said the ADD would
> prevent him from being honest with police, and that information
> apparently swayed the jury to acquit Wiley of the drug possession
> charges.
>
> Moral of the Story: We're all safer with another gun-toting black
> crackhead loose on the streets. Thank you crazy justice system

Your signature is over the limit.

I read the responses to this thread. Who can tell me
the disposition of the firearms charge?

--
Michael Press

Howard Kveck
December 30th 06, 05:14 AM
In article >,
Michael Press > wrote:

> I read the responses to this thread. Who can tell me
> the disposition of the firearms charge?

It wasn't mentioned in any of the news stories about this event that I saw. But
most were simply the same piece, probably off the wire service.

--
tanx,
Howard

Never take a tenant with a monkey.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Kurgan Gringioni
December 30th 06, 10:15 AM
Bill C wrote:
> I liked this piece and the end conclusion:
> http://redsox.bostonherald.com/otherMLB/view.bg?articleid=174207

<snip>

Dumbass -

Baseball is a very, very boring sport.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Howard Kveck
December 31st 06, 03:10 AM
In article . com>,
"Bill C" > wrote:

> Same **** I keep saying about WADA. The system has to be held to much
> higher standards since it's supposed to be providing justice.
>
> Take a look at all the N.O. **** with the cops.
> http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/12/28/katrina.cops/index.html?eref=rss_topstories
>
> and this is just the latest.
> Cops aren't any more perfect than labs or Prosecutors:
> http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/12/28/duke.lacrosse/index.html
> but the thing is this **** is all, at best legally questionable and
> should be handled that way.
> We've got way too many non-violent people in jail, way too many
> violent people on a revolving door with minimal sentences and an almost
> total failure to slam white collar crime and firearms violations.

I agree with that - but blame the "war on drugs" for much of the prison
population. In an effort ot look like they're doing something, you have the
mandatory minimum sentences and people are locked up for ridiculous amounts of time
for ridiculously small amounts of drugs. There's no room for real criminals.

> Crooked cops, lawyers, judges, etc...should be treated even more
> severely, instead we're locking up people for having a couple of
> joints, giving multi-year sentences for people robbing a convenience
> store while those who embezzle and steal millions do very little time
> in summer camps. That's ****ed up.

Hey, it's the best justice money can buy, right?

--
tanx,
Howard

Never take a tenant with a monkey.