PDA

View Full Version : Which tires to use. Conti Ultra 2000 or Michlen Ellinium

Roger W
July 12th 03, 01:59 AM
My bike came with Michelin Axial Kevlar(now Elliniums). My rear tire
has produced 3 flats in 4 rides(after going 1000 miles with no
punctures). They look a bit warn, but not terribly so, but you can
feel that there is a lot of tread gone(thin).
Not wanting to risk another long ride with a flat, I purchased two
Conti Untra 2000 folding tires today, but then decided that I might
return one and order the Michelin, using the Conti until the Michelin
came in, then keeping it as a spare. HOWEVER, after using the Conti
Ultra today, I'm not sure what to do.

The two tires are different enough in treadware and PSI to produce an
interesting feel to the ride. I seemed to get a better time then
expected, which could have something to do with the Conti, but I did
not like the feel of the mixed tires.

My choices are 1 - Keep two sets of tires, one Michelin, one Conti,
and is it worth $30 to do so? 2 - Return the second Conti, run the
Michelins and use the conti as a spare(recouping my $30!), or 3 - use
the Conti's and cancel the Michelin order, keeping the old front tire
michelin as a spare(again, recouping $30).

The curiosity has me leaning towards option 1 or 3, but I'm also
hesitant to make a change from what is familiar.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home